Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play STRIFE ! (Finished.)

DefJam101

Arcane
Awesome game!

Strife_0037.jpg

Interesting. You felt no need to equip it. :cool:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
shihonage said:
Create or edit this section:

[Global.Autoload]
Path=lights.pk3
Path=brightmaps.pk3

Then make sure that lights are enabled in OpenGL options in-game. As result torches will light up the walls around them, as should power-ups and projectiles.

I only tested this on doom2.wad and hexen.wad, but I assume it works with Strife as well.
It works like a charm, thanks. But it will be a while before you'll see this in LP screens , since I already have enough stuff for several updates.

Pliskin

Arbiter
ghostdog said:

I dunno --- do you really want to be part of a resistance movement who's symbol seems to be a large monocular blue bunny sporting an imperial?

Suspect, to say the least.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Pliskin said:
ghostdog said:

I dunno --- do you really want to be part of a resistance movement who's symbol seems to be a large monocular blue bunny sporting an imperial?

Suspect, to say the least.
:lol: When I saw the banner, that was my first impression too.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Last time Harris doublecrossed us, the governor triplecrossed us and we ended up massacred by zealous zealots. Trust no one is definitely good advice in the world of Strife. Time to set things straight...

EPISODE III : A NEW HOPE.

So, before Harris has the chance to double-cross us let's double-dribble-cross him, first !

Strife_0050.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
The only thing you'll get from me is swift death !

Strife_0051.jpg

:HACK:

Strife_0052.jpg

What do you know, he had a secret room here. Probably for all the stolen goods he was fencing.

Strife_0053.jpg

Yep, it's time to plunder...

Strife_0054.jpg

Now that we've settled the score, let's get back to Rowan and get some actual rewards.

Strife_0055.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
He's dead, here's is the ring. Where's my money ?

Strife__Rowan.jpg
Here, you earned it. The traitor you killed was about to reveal the location of the front. You saved lives. How would you like to earn more gold, and a future free from tyranny ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Money ? Tell me more.

Strife__Rowan.jpg
I have a business relationship with the Front's leader, Macil. I know he needs an incisive fellow like yourself, and he pays well. Take this COM unit and you'll be led to, shall we say, opportunities.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Thanks.

Strife__Rowan.jpg
Get going, if you hang around here, we're both dead.

Ok let's see what's this COM unit all about... There is an incoming message. Eh? is that a woman's voice?

Strife_0056.jpg

The first woman we have encountered so far. If she's looking for an 100% cloned man with an attitude, she has found him. Also, the fact that all remaining women have gone into hiding because they are prosecuted by the Order, makes this lady rather special. So, we better do as she says, if we want this killing machine to have some.

Blackbird will actually be our guide from this point on. Apart from telling Cloud his objectives and giving him various tips, she'll also make some rather amusing comments from time to time. She'll also make some inane comments from time to time, but what can you do... women.

Strife__blackbird.png
Head over to the old town hall. Macil had a tunnel built that let's us get in and out without the Acolytes' knowledge.

Strife_0057.jpg

Strife_0058.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Guess what, I need gold.

Strife__Geoff.jpg
Blackbird told you the code huh? Let me shut off the alarm. Macil is one flight down.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Did you hear me scarface? I said I need gold !

Strife_0058a.jpg

Wow, this guy is badass. We proceed down to the rebel base. Rebel morale seems to have it's ups and downs :

Strife_0059.jpg

Strife_0060.jpg

Enough chit-chat let's talk to the man in charge.

Strife_0061.jpg

Strife_0062.jpg

So, basically he's saying that all his men are worthless bums and he'd like us to take on the Order by ourselves. Another ordinary day in the life of Cloud Strife.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Alright you are very convincing, I accept.

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Good. Blackbird will continue to be your guide. She's taken quite a shine on you (Oh RLY?) Together you've got to unlock the secrets of the order and their inhuman servants.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Where do I start ?

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Frankly the situation is a mess. You must accomplish several missions to prepare the way for more attacks on the Order. Our last raid was a disaster and most of our troops were captured. I need you to free these prisoners.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Ok, but how ?

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Take this money and visit Irale who supplies our weapons. Then, this key will get you in to see the Governor. He's a corrupt puppet of the Order, but he loves to make deals. Do whatever you need to free our brothers.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
What? I have to deal with this snake agaqin? Ok...I'll see to it.

Strife_0063.jpg

Hmm, it seems that some of the Order's servants are not exactly human. One of the scientists here will confirm that...

Strife_0064.jpg

Ahh a bar, let's go and have a refreshment... Killing can make a man thirsty.

Strife_0065.jpg

That is exactly why I'm worried... Mmm, it seems we have an incoming message from Blackbird.

Strife__blackbird.png
You can find Irale behind the normal weapon shop. Then you should go and see the governor.

Yes Ma'am ! Let's go and buy some weapons. I think the Assault gun is just what we need.

Strife_0066.jpg

Finally ! We got some heavy hardware...

Strife_0067.jpg

The time has come to visit the Governor, let's see if we can make it out of there alive this time.

Strife_0069.jpg

Oh, the heavy burden of corrupted officials...

Strife_0070.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
A prison pass. Let's make a deal.

Strife__Governor.jpg
I like you already. I have two chores that I don't want to do myself. One is messy, the other is bloody.

Oooh, more choices! Cloud chose the cleaning task since he likes to use hydrochloric acid for cleaning purposes.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Call me "The Cleaner"

Strife__Governor.jpg
One of my minions is stealing power with a tap on the Mains, somewhere. Find it and truncate his supply and I'll provide you with what you want.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Where could this tap be?

Strife_0071.jpg

Now, where should we look for this tap? It seems we'll need some help from our trusty lady companion...

Strife__blackbird.png
Find MacGuffin and talk to him. He could know about this tap. He's up by the sewage treatment plant.

MacGuffin? Haven't we met him before?

Strife_0072.jpg

Bioware choices ahead :

Strife_0073.jpg

Strife__Macguffin.jpg
I'll tell you where it is, but I don't know who's coupling you'll be tampering with. It's right here in the sewage plant.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Thanks, old man.

If we dive in the sewage right now all we'll accomplish is to get poisoned from the filthy waters. Hmm, what's this lever for?

Strife_0074.jpg

The level of the waters is lowered !

Strife_0075.jpg

Secret entrance !

Strife_0076.jpg

Broken power coupling ! ...Eh, Broken power coupling ?

Strife_0077.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
This is actually our old power coupling. We were using it to hide the base from the Order. This is what the Governor is really after and for all he knows you've found it. So just take this broken coupling back to him and get the pass.

The Gov is really asking for some punishment , but now it's not the time. All we need now is that pass...

Strife_0078.jpg

Time to visit the prison.

Strife_0079.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Once you're inside, talk to warden Montag and find a way to free the prisoners.

Strife_0080.jpg

Strife_0081.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Here is my pass, boy. Let me in.

Strife__Guard.jpg
Ok, but you can talk only to the warden.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Whatever.

Uh-oh, things don't look that good for our comrades...

Strife_0082.jpg

Let's talk to the warden.

Strife_0083.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Give me the damn key.

Strife__warden.jpg
Over my dead body !

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Great idea !

Strife_0084.jpg

Eh? was that a sexual advancement? Guys with monocles are always perverts. It seems this won't end well... for him, at least.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Rohit_N said:
Odd, I never had subtitles for Blackbird's dialog.
She doesn't have actual subtitles. It's either from the objectives or from what I write down from her comments.

Raapys

Arcane
Excellent game, always wondered why it got so little attention.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Well, let's get real here. Strife was an excellent game for its time, but its writing level hovers somewhere around Fallout 3.

Strife_0062.jpg

Turok

Erudite
Raapys said:
Excellent game, always wondered why it got so little attention.

Asking myself the same thing, i not even know it exist, DOOM+RPG was weird to hear those 2 words together.

Luzur

Good Sir
[/quote]With former being an FPS (old one, I might add)[/quote]

more like an Adventure FPS, or something.

damn fine game anyway. damn fine.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why'd you use Geoff's face for Macil's lines?

Otherwise good LP, looks like an interesting game.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
shihonage said:
Well, let's get real here. Strife was an excellent game for its time, but its writing level hovers somewhere around Fallout 3.

incorrect, fo3 is all one liners. this has multi-sentance composition.

that puts it as much better than fo3 right there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom