Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play STRIFE ! (Finished.)

Turok

Erudite
Still no update???

A yea i forgot, we need next page, sorry :D

PS: ahhh nice we reach the 4th page :D

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Welcome back faithful Stifians, as we're about to enter a dangerous , evil and filthy place. The SEWERS ! There are more things to be found there than just human waste , mutant waste and rats. Much more...

EPISODE VI : IN THE HALL OF THE RAT KING.

Outside the sewer overflow gate we find a man called Person.

Strife_0186.jpg

Hmm, a nameless evil? Maybe we should reconsider...

Strife__blackbird.png
Ok, duck in here. The sewer dwellers are horrible mutants, but their network of tunnels gives them access to secret paths. Hold your nose, we're going down.

SHIT. And when I say shit, I mean shit. :takesdeepbreathanddives:

Strife_0187.jpg

Strife_0188.jpg

Let's find this Weran fellow, then. The Order has a few people here. We take them out and open the inner gates.

Strife_0190.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Uh, yuck. I don't even want to think what is this stuff you're in.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
The scanner on my armor says it's 18% mutated excrements, 23% acidic urine, 37% radiated toxic waste, 9% of various animal and human insides, a semi-intelligent cholera-based organism, several types of maggots that...

Strife__blackbird.png
Ok, ok ! I get the picture.

Ok the sewers are a fucking maze, so I'll just show you the main points of interest:

A storage room with various nice stuff...

Strife_0191.jpg

Strife_0192.jpg

...And a grenade launcher !

Strife_0193.jpg

I love the weapons of this game. The G-launcher can be devastating to your enemies , if you don't manage to blow up yourself first. When you fire the grenades, they actually bounce around (kewl physix !) ,so if you're not careful you can go boom.

And wait till we get the phosphorus grenades, they're on a whole different level of fun.

Strife_0194.jpg

Are you wandering why everything turns to green? It's because long exposure to the lovely sewer waters can cause poisoning. That's when we have to use the environmental suits.

Hmm, the textures on this part of the wall are slightly different... My doom sixth sense is tingling...

Strife_0195.jpg

Secret door ! Eh, what's this?

Strife_0196.jpg

And at last we find the underground mutants...

Strife_0197.jpg

It seems they can't get back to the surface.

Strife_0198.jpg

And they don't respond well to our Front-propaganda :

Strife_0199.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
I hate to say it, but this reminds me of home. I'm also hiding underground, not far from here.

I'm sure all the codex dwellers that live in their parent's basement, can relate to that. Anyway, we should go to the mighty Rat-king.

Strife_0200.jpg

Strife_0201.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
I'm looking for the gate mechanism.

Strife__Weran.jpg
Do my favor first, or you'll get squat from me.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
How will you know It's open ?

Strife__Weran.jpg
Bring me the guard's uniform. That way one of my rat-fellows can wear it and no one will try to shut the door again.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Look, usually when I'm done with them, there is not much uniform left. There is not much of anything left, actually. Is it ok if I bring back just a part of him ? A head, or a hand...

Strife_0202.jpg

Ok, ok. Got it. Now where is the damn entrance?

Warm...

Strife_0203.jpg

Warmer...

Strife_0204.jpg

Unbelievably hot...

Strife_0205.jpg

Bingo !

Strife_0206.jpg

:Engaging Negotiation Protocol:

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
YOUR CLOWDES... GIVE DEM TO ME NOW.

Strife__Guard_green.jpg
Hey, you can't do that !

Strife_0207.jpg

Strife_0208.jpg

Ok, there are some holes on the uniform and it's covered with blood and little pieces of meat, but it will have to do...

Strife_0209.jpg

Strife__Weran.jpg
Good. Here's something extra. my fellows tore this off a fallen Crusader. It's the parts that make up a Flamethrower. Maybe Irale could make one for you. You can have such fun with these toys...

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Weran, you old leperous dog, you're full of surprises ! I always wanted one of these! ...You know, sometimes I dream of flames. The flames look at me, they look into my soul and they tell me to burn, burn everything, burn the world...

Strife__Weran.jpg
Uhh, O-Key. Now, you wanted something else ?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Right, I was looking for the castle's gate mechanism .

Strife__Weran.jpg
You have to enter another part of the sewers. To get there you must enter the castle from a sewer maintenance door and drain the fluid reclamation tank.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Ok. Anything else you can do ?

Strife_0210.jpg

These new passages that are now open, lead us deeper into the sewers. Some floaters try to stop us from moving on, but our rockets have a different opinion.

Strife_0211.jpg

Finally we reach some stairs that lead up.

Strife_0212.jpg

Hmm, the Order must be into this Feng-Sui stuff. I was sure the Chinese were behind all this.

Strife_0213.jpg

Strife_0214.jpg

Hey, it's our pal, Person. We do as he says and drain the waters...

Strife_0215.jpg

And dive once more into filthiness.

Strife_0216.jpg

Arrrg ! This place is even more complex than the previous sewers.

Strife_0217.jpg

Strife_0218.jpg

Strife_0219.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
BB, any helpful comments ?

Strife__blackbird.png
Haven't we've been here before? No. Don't ask me where we are, I'm lost too... sorry !

Great. So let's skip all the endless wandering and cut to the chase :

Strife_0220.jpg

Strife_0221.jpg

You know what this is , right? Now all we have to do is disable the complex gate mechanism. Hmm, open the panel, short-circuit this connection... Should I cut the red or the blue wire ?

Fuck this shit.

Strife_0222.jpg

Strife_0223.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Command, he's done it ! The gates are open. Send in the Shock troops and tell Macil we're coming in ! Cloud, let's get back to the base.

Ok, but before tha base, there is something else we should do...

Strife_0224.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
No, just the flamethower, thank you.

Strife__Irale.jpg
I knew that'd work ! Here you go, take her for a spin !

FUCK, YEAH. :uses flame to light cigar:

WM04-19A.jpg

Back in the base, plot revelations await us...

Strife_0225.jpg

" The genetic mutations caused by the virus , not only warped the physiques of the order, but caused their bodies to decay."

Strife_0226.jpg

" Without procreation, the order found that bio-mechanical enhancements were the only way to maintain their strengths in numbers."

Strife_0227.jpg

" The decay has advanced , so that most of the troops we face are more machine than man. But we believe that their collective consciousness is controlled by one source..."

Strife_0228.jpg

" The Programmer. Creator of the A.I. which controls the acolytes. Destroy the programmer and we may cripple the Order's troops with a single blow. But caution, we have reports he can... vaporise attackers."

Strife_0229.jpg

Strife__Macyl.jpg
The programmer's lair is in the castle. Now, see the medic, grab some ammo and go get him.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Yessir.

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Fight for the Front, Freedom and Rock'n'Roll.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Let me at 'em !

With the new stamina and accuracy implants, we're uber-er.

Strife_0230.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Make sure you're ready for the fight of your life. Spend everything you've got.

I like the sound of that. Get ready for a major battle in the next episode.

DraQ

Arcane
ghostdog said:
When you fire the grenades, they actually bounce around (kewl physix !) ,so if you're not careful you can go boom.
Not only that - you can bounce them off the top of the big robots (Crusaders)
...or between their legs.

And wait till we get the phosphorus grenades, they're on a whole different level of fun.
Especially when fired at large, dense groups of (also dense) Acolytes. :twisted:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DraQ said:
Especially when fired at large, dense groups of (also dense) Acolytes. :twisted:

It's pure pleasure watching a bunch of your enemies running around helpless covered in flames :twisted:

DraQ

Arcane
ghostdog said:
DraQ said:

It's pure pleasure watching a bunch of your enemies running around helpless covered in flames :twisted:
Bonus points if they perpetuate the flames by passing them on.

Multi-headed Cow

Major_Blackhart said:
After Strife, someone should to a LP of ROTT.
I SHOOT MANS
I MAKE PORRIDGE HOT
DOG MODE LOL!
LEVEL DONE

wjw

Augur
I love how the title of this thread keeps evolving.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

It's time, folks. Time to get medieval on their asses.

EPISODE VII : ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

But before that, let's spend some of our hard-earned money and make these slimy shopkeepers even richer.

Strife_0231.jpg

What? The ammo doesn't have weight? Bah, how can this be an RPG without micromanagement? Anyway, I think we're good to go. Time to enter the castle.

Strife_0232.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
We have conflicted reports about the Programmer's location. One says he is in a computer room, another hiding in a sub-level temple, and yet another at the end of a long hallway.

:knock Knock:
-Who's there?
-John
-John who?
-John Woo.

Strife_0233.jpg

Holy shit, it's crazy in here. See these 3 things coming with incredible speed towards our face? They're rockets from our new Robocop enemies, the Crusaders.

Strife_0234.jpg

The rebel troops are also here and the whole thing is rather fun.

Strife_0235.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
It's great to be on the offensive again. Give them hell. guys !

Right on, ma'am. Die, filthy metallic monsters !

:avoids:
Strife_0236.jpg

Oh shi-
Strife_0238.jpg

YEAH, OCP you're going down !
Strife_0237.jpg

Ok, we've secured one of the buildings... Hey, what do we have here?

Strife_0239.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Could this be the programmer ?

Strife_0240.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Oh Really? What's the truth then ?

Strife__Programmer_Impostor_1.jpg
I told you all I know. You are wasting your time.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
So, you're basically saying you're of no more use to me ?

Yes. Erm, no ! I-AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Strife_0241.jpg

Cloud Strife has low tolerance when it comes to impostor programmers. Let's move on...

Strife_0244.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
This must be the long hallway...

No shit. Hey, an armory ! Time to grab some more ammo.
Strife_0245.jpg

Strife_0246.jpg

You see that the flames are a bit transparent? It's because the acolyte was using some kind of stealth suit that makes him semi-invisible. It didn't help him much when the flamethrower started singing.

Well, hello there.

Strife_0248.jpg

Strife_0249.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
And who might you be ?

Strife__Programmer_Impostor_2.jpg
You'll never find anything if you hang around here.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
All you programmers are the same unhelpful, evil bastards.

Strife__Programmer_Impostor_2.jpg
Wait, I'm gonna leave the Order! I was just offered a job in the indie market, I'm gonna be the programmer of CyclopeaAAAAAAAA-

Strife_0258.jpg

Further on, we find the training facility. This is sort of a side-quest since it's not necessary to finish this area. But we'll do it because our stats will increase afterwards. I'll be brief.

Strife_0251.jpg

GUARD TRAINING FACILITY PHOTO-THRILLER said:
{For use with viewmaster 2000}

Scull crushing ceilings:
Strife_0252.jpg

Angry crusaders:
Strife_0253.jpg

Woops! Forget that ever happened.
Strife_0254.jpg

Teleport maze:
Strife_0255.jpg

Le Fin !
Strife_0257.jpg

How about checking out that big temple, now?

Strife_0242.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
These are all the Hallmarks of evil. The architecture, the banners... I say give it a go.

Always trust a woman's intuition.

Strife_0259.jpg

After zealously killing some acolyte fodder, we reach some kind of throne room.

Strife_0260.jpg

Strife_0261.jpg

Let's go into one of the side doors... Hmm, could this one be... ?

Strife_0262.jpg

Strife_0263.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
So, you're just another impostor ?

Strife__Programmer_Impostor_3.jpg
Do I look like I wield ultimate power? The Order uses us all. Now go, I'm dead already.

Strife_0264.jpg

Sorry, no mercy for programmers. Now that we got the silver key, let's check that throne... cool!

Strife_0265.jpg

Hmm, a hospital. A good place to get health packs and info.

Strife_0243.jpg

Hey, is that a doctor ?

Strife_0266.jpg

Strife_0267.jpg

I hate doctors.

Now, off to the Keep !

Strife_0268.jpg

Strife_0269.jpg

Strife_0270.jpg

This time it's him that's gonna need a confession...

Strife_0271.jpg

Let ingusss buuuuurn...

Strife_0272.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
You'd think I'd get tired of all the killing, but I know that I'm gonna miss it when it's over... What, can't a girl have some fun?

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
BB, you just gave me a boner.

Heh, unsuspected acolytes! How about using the phosphorus grenades? :twisted:

Strife_0273.jpg

Strife_0274.jpg

Crap ! Let's try again :

Strife_0275.jpg

That's more like it.
Further on we meet strong opposition, but our grenades make things easier...

Strife_0276.jpg

Strife_0277.jpg

Ok, no more bullshit. We've finally found the ultimate programmer. Let's re-program his life capacity.

Strife_0279.jpg

Eat flames sucker !

Strife_0280.jpg

Strife_0281.jpg

He uses a lightning attack that can be devastating:

Strife_0282.jpg

Strife_0283.jpg

But the flamethower really does wonders here. Actually, the first time I faced him, I killed him in seconds. I re-loaded to take some more screens and guess what, he kicked my ass... But all and all the flamethrower rocks.

Strife_0284.jpg

Eh? what is this ?

Strife_0285.jpg

MINDFUCK !!!

Strife_0286.jpg

Strife__blackbird.png
Cloud, Are you all right ? Can you hear me? Cloud !

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Oooh, My head feels like it's going to explode...

Strife_0287.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
Secrets ?

"Fragments assembled from the Programmer's files tell us that the Order is worshiping an intelligent weapon. They call it "The Sigil"."

Strife_0288.jpg

"The piece you touched and recovered, is one of five. It wields powers drawn from the users own life-force. While you live, you control it's power. The shock that knocked you out, was the Sigil piece tuning itself to you, your pulse and brainwaves. You can wield it, but at a cost. It will drain you dry."

Strife_0289.jpg

Strife_0290.jpg

"One piece constitutes awesome power. Possession of all five pieces could be devastating and would give the user total control of the planet."

Strife_0291.jpg

Strife_0292.jpg

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
The Oracle, who's that ?

Strife__blackbird.png
The Oracle is supposedly a sympathetic high priest who operates outside of the Order.

Strife__cloud-strife.jpg
I'm gonna need more supplies.

Strife__Macyl.jpg
Here's some gold. Go visit the medic and the weapons trainer and move out !

Well, well... The rebels seem to have made their selves at home here.

Strife_0293.jpg

Strife_0294.jpg

Let's take the new implants... And there's also a new weapon, a teleporter beacon. Let's grab one.

Strife_0295.jpg

Strife Cloud has advanced to level five. A couple more levels and we'll be able to triple-wield grenade launchers, using the 3-armed-monkey-grip feat.

Strife_0296.jpg

Oracle, Programmer, those Wachowski brothers must have played strife before making the Matrix.

So, now we'll have to venture into the wilderness. Brace yourselves dear viewers, it's going to be one hell of a ride ! Those of you with weak hearts are advised to watch the next update with a bottle of heart pills nearby.

wjw

Augur
Cloud Strife is no-nonsense. I like. I assume he's going to take control over the 5 sigil's and become an 'Enlighted' Despot?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I kind of hope BB with her seductive eyes turns out to be an unattractive fat chick. It'd be awesome foreshadowing of Myspace, if nothing else.

ghostdog said:
Yes. Erm, no ! I-AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

If this game would ever be up for a remake, this guy needs to be voiced by Eric Idle. Epic cameo hoooo!

Good update.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Brother None said:
I kind of hope BB with her seductive eyes turns out to be an unattractive fat chick. It'd be awesome foreshadowing of Myspace, if nothing else.
We'll see... The game has it's twists and turns ;)

Turok

Erudite
Why you kill the programer that was going to join the indie proyect?, now we have to wait 2 years more for Age of Decadense :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom