Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tale of Wuxia - Comic Sans Optional

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also can you get more than one waifu in the same playthrought?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, I'm pretty much annoyed by this whole distraction from martial arts.
There's wanting to be the best martial arts, and there's wanting to be loved.
No wonder some martial arts cut their dicks off to be the best.
Less time to fap.

cw8

Cipher
Yeah, I'm pretty much annoyed by this whole distraction from martial arts.
There's wanting to be the best martial arts, and there's wanting to be loved.
No wonder some martial arts cut their dicks off to be the best.

Go for it, you know you'll wanna be power supreme, pretty and majestic at the same time

RK47

Patron
64 - Toxic Femininity II
AkYpp1B.jpg

OK. Let's have a goal of some sort for now: let's master Medicine and the new Internal Arts.

Q7qOtSh.jpg

One day, during a random jaunt in the forest...

CAbi92M.jpg

VgzUNto.jpg
Mmm...delicious! It really calms me down. Eh? Something is in the wine!
7r8kagd.png
Why the hell is there a scorpion and a spider in it? Is it poisonous? Yuck!
WkgFMvr.jpg

A year of martial arts training and our hero is still guilty of self-inflicting harm through stupidity. Sigh.

7r8kagd.png
You're the one who put this stuff in it? What's wrong with you?!
1sjgkdl.jpg
I don't know, but I'm sure there will be something wrong with you.

:lol: rekt.

mCfOkt8.jpg
Go away! I just want to have a drink, why do I have to meet such a jerk like you?
Nyq31V2.jpg

Sigh.

j9RcZbI.jpg

1sjgkdl.jpg
Don't move! Or you will scare my babies!
tP25meE.png
You psycho! What did you do to me!?
1sjgkdl.jpg
I'm Dr. Poison, no one uses poison as well as I do in the world. I needed to test my new poison pellets on someone, you're lucky that I chose you.
tP25meE.png
Why me? No, this isn't right. You'll go to hell for this!
1sjgkdl.jpg
I put that wine there, but I didn't force you to drink it. Didn't your parents teach you not to eat anything without permission?
tP25meE.png
Uh... (Can't argue with that.) I'm begging you please! Take these creepy crawlies off me, I'm scared!
1sjgkdl.jpg
You're useless! Wait for it, my cute pets haven't sucked out all the venom from you yet.
tP25meE.png

Eventually the treatment is finished.

tP25meE.png
Ugh! I don't ever want to see you again!
6ZYNyaT.jpg

Fuck.

tP25meE.png
Wh-what?! You! What did I do to deserve this?
1sjgkdl.jpg
Consider it an honor to be chosen as my test subject. Off you go. Remember to return from time to time or I won't take responsibility for your death.
aySiQZV.png
Damn! Damn!
1sjgkdl.jpg
Take care~

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
65 - Prepare to Die
IWLGBI6.jpg

rEch53P.png
Hey, how does it feel like when your blood vessels are rupturing?

I should seek her out when I can.

BXAjW2I.jpg

zIKtQpb.jpg

JZVZ9aJ.jpg
I've also heard about that. It is said the medical chapter of the 14 Books of Mystery recorded secret medical techniques invented by the three best doctors, Hu, Xue and Ping. It's the dream manuscript for all doctors. I'm looking forward to reading it if I get the chance.
9xc3IOD.png
What? The Books of Mystery left by the Nameless One? Dr. Miracle, Xiangyun, please count me in when you are going to look for the Book of Mystery!
mRz0Pvw.jpg
Oh, you're the same as always, getting excited as soon as you hear anything about the Nameless One.
vZFVlMG.png
Hehe, you're welcome to join us, Di Fen!
JZVZ9aJ.jpg
Let's keep in touch. I'll let you know if there is any information. And of course, now that there is a chapter about medicine, don't forget to practise your skills such as Herb Gathering, Pellet Making and Medicine.

Ugh. I don't mind studying medicine, but gathering herbs? Whatever. We'll see about it when the time comes.

BttCH03.jpg

vZFVlMG.png
Good for a young man to stay hungry for knowledge! Since you can already identify the acupoints, I'll teach you the science of acupuncture and moxibustion of traditional Chinese medicine. Be attentive!

The doctor goes into length about what ailments each acupoint cures.

vZFVlMG.png
So, do you remember them clearly?
mCfOkt8.jpg
I feel that there's too much information running through my head and I'm having difficulty keeping up!
vZFVlMG.png
Alright, I think that's enough for today. If you want to refresh your memory, just refer to the skill book.

True enough, the Medicine skill book is now filled with clear descriptions of the acupoints and its benefits. I return again later that month to help Dr. Miracle's clinic.

lZmpBoR.jpg

Ah, a test subject arrives.

9xc3IOD.png
If it isn't Floriculturist! Dr. Miracle is busy with many patients now. What do you need?
UmBOlW8.jpg
Di Fen? Why are you here?
9xc3IOD.png
I'm learning medicine. I want to be a great doctor in the future!
UmBOlW8.jpg
Oh, I see... but it hurts so bad now...
2JYyRC7.png
Where do you feel uncomfortable?
UmBOlW8.jpg
I always get nervous easily.. so my stomach often feels uncomfortable.
2JYyRC7.png
Doctor Miracle is currently busy. How about I treat it for you?
UmBOlW8.jpg
Eh.. oh!

Don't worry this game isn't hentai. Show me your rose bushes.

2JYyRC7.png
Senior, please don't be scared.
UmBOlW8.jpg
Really? Could you?
2JYyRC7.png
Take it easy, what has been taught by Dr. Miracle is engraved in my mind.
UmBOlW8.jpg
OK, OK. I believe you, Di Fen...

Alright, don't worry. I got it all in my screenshot folder.
Stomachache right?

y3D4OYY.jpg

Right there.

Amceq53.jpg
Ah! Amazing! My stomach does not hurt anymore! You are a great doctor, Di Fen!
2JYyRC7.png
Aw, it's no big deal.
Amceq53.jpg
I want to sing a song now! I feel so relieved! LAAAA LAHHHHH LAAAA~
mCfOkt8.jpg
I'll be going now.

Another day, another patient...

fR6CUBW.jpg

Ep4KTwd.jpg
Well, well. Never thought it'd be you, Jing Ji. What's wrong with you? Have you got a cold?
BVYErdK.jpg
Why are you here?! Cough cough! Oh, stop gloating! You wanna taste my fists?
Ep4KTwd.jpg
Oh, I wouldn't dare...hee hee hee.
2JYyRC7.png
Don't worry, Ji! I know medicine! So let me do the acupuncture for you. It'll stop your coughing right away, trust me!
BVYErdK.jpg
Alright! Cough cough! Fine! Just do it already!

Don't try this at home kids.

lMBBPal.jpg

xOHoiap.jpg

Another job well done.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
66 - Take Responsibility lah
gvN9ZDf.jpg

d7FEek0.jpg

They're both excited over the Nameless One's lost manual as well and they seek a different chapter of it. Not sure what it means... unless it's literally...

2IczHKz.jpg

Fishing? Well, I'll think about it. Got a more life and death issue to deal with atm.

Q7uAZ3z.jpg

mCfOkt8.jpg
Sigh. Let's get this over with, I just want to leave as soon as possible. Eek, what kind of monster is this enormous bug?!
1sjgkdl.jpg
This is my Overlord. It's transparent now, but will become seven-colored after sucking out your poisoned blood. It will be beautiful then.

The session ends.

mCfOkt8.jpg
Ugh. Am I still alive?
1sjgkdl.jpg
Not bad. That will be all for today. You can go now. Remember to come here a few more times.

It's funny, every visit I gain some points in Poison skill.
I'm literally learning Medicine by treating people and Poison by being treated.

Tn7PB0C.jpg

2JYyRC7.png
What's wrong, kid?
zKoJvMU.jpg
I've not pooped for 7 days. My belly hurts so bad!
2JYyRC7.png
Oh my, it's true. Your belly's bloated! That's no good. You don't eat vegetables and fruits, do you?
zKoJvMU.jpg
I don't like them!
GV93qmc.jpg

7weitYn.jpg

:philosoraptor:

VgzUNto.jpg
That's settled then. Keep your promise okay? Come here and I, the Medical Miracle will cure you with acupuncture!
XJqNChf.jpg

There we go.

zKoJvMU.jpg
Hm! Doc! I - I suddenly want to poop!
VgzUNto.jpg
What are you waiting for? The latrine door is over there.
zKoJvMU.jpg
No! I can't hold it in! It's! It's COMING OUT!
7r8kagd.png
What?! HERE?! HOLD ON! GOD NO!
:gd:
zKoJvMU.jpg
I'm so sorry! Good bye doc!
bPchuNZ.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
67 - Tomorrow never die lah
It seems the Lost Manual of the Nameless One has gotten the sages of Wangyao Valley in a frenzy as well. They spoke of a chapter known as Double Strike. But their proposal is even more surprising.

E8D7CjU.jpg

Master all those? Eh... I'm not so sure if I have the time lah.
Especially with my Chinese chemotherapy sessions.

Ik6rZoV.jpg

mCfOkt8.jpg
So what's for today? More creepy crawlies?
1sjgkdl.jpg
Did I allow you to speak? Just do it. Don't talk.
mCfOkt8.jpg
(In your face!)

The session finishes.

mCfOkt8.jpg
Another day gone... I'm still alive?
1sjgkdl.jpg
That's all for today. Remember to return here a few more times.

Back at the clinic...

P3sI396.jpg

OwsvHSV.jpg
FINGER PAIN LAH CIBAI!
1BpCob0.jpg

OK BE GOOD.

Down at the night market, Fang of Wudang and Ximen of Matchless Broadsword offers an alliance to seek out the Lost Manual of the Nameless One's Swordsmanship.

FLk3Il7.jpg

I don't think I'll get along much with those two.
Days pass...

LPLz5b3.jpg

VgzUNto.jpg
Y'know if someone heard you talk like that, they would have such wild imagining about what you're about to do to me-
tP25meE.png
AHHH! Get that spider off me! OKAY! I'll shut up!

Time passes...

1sjgkdl.jpg
Done. Go away.
mCfOkt8.jpg
(Is she in a bad mood today?)

The lessons with Dr. Miracle is progressing smoothly, he's teaching me advanced herbology and gave me some recipes for medication.

bKZvGSf.jpg

2NY1mlh.jpg

The Lost Manual of TNO is still a hot item. This time Xiahou Fei and Shang Zhongren is seeking out the Broadsword chapter.

zhuWQcd.jpg

Sorry, bros. Broadswords aren't my style.
I'm still busy with my chemotherapy session...

VoJNNkS.jpg

L6CeLZn.jpg
Though those worms were scary, I did feel better after they crawled on me. Thank you.
7r8kagd.png
(Eh, a little girl? It's dangerous here! Leave quickly! She's a terrible woman!)
1sjgkdl.jpg
Little Wan'er, be a good girl, I will definitely find a way to cure you.
L6CeLZn.jpg
Thank you, sister. You have been so nice to me.
1sjgkdl.jpg
Aren't you scared of me?
L6CeLZn.jpg
Your bugs are creepy, but you've treated me well, I'm not scared. I like you.
2JYyRC7.png
(Wow, I never though she could be so gentle.)

Suddenly...

KXeu8Gh.jpg

L6CeLZn.jpg
Mom, I'm here. Mom, you're hurting me!
xbhv5pU.jpg
Foolish girl! How many times I've told you not to get involved with this woman? What are you doing here?
L6CeLZn.jpg
But mom, this sister is a good person.
xbhv5pU.jpg
Good? How can a succubus hanging out with these monsters be good? You're not allowed here anymore. You hear me? Wretched woman, don't you dare get near to my daughter any more!
L6CeLZn.jpg
I'm so sorry, sister... cough.
1sjgkdl.jpg
Please remain calm. Her illness is very hard to cure, but if I use my precious-
xbhv5pU.jpg
Shut up! Don't tell me that you want to put those monstrous things on my daughter's body! Stay away, don't come any closer! Wan'er, let's go!

The two left.

TEuPMjh.png
Hey. Was I interrupting something?
1sjgkdl.jpg
Come here, take off your clothes and lie down.
TEuPMjh.png
Umm.. ok.
2JYyRC7.png
(It doesn't seem as frightening as the first time. If I take a closer look, the bug DOES seem kinda cute...)
mCfOkt8.jpg
(Eh? Have I gone insane?)
1sjgkdl.jpg
That's all for today, you can go home now...ugh...
TEuPMjh.png
Hey...are you crying?
1sjgkdl.jpg
GO!

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
68 - Poison Parting
Dr. Miracles continues my Medicinal education.

eNchXMw.jpg

New recipes added, but I'm more curious about Dr. Poison's work now.
Deep in the forest, I stumble upon Jiang Yu and the ally of women.

RSCrX5H.jpg

They too are crazy about the Lost Manual of TNO.
Good luck, kids. You're on your own.

cThbkFz.jpg

mCfOkt8.jpg
(Brash as always.)
Km692X2.png
Phew~ (Finally done...feels like I've lost a lot of blood...)
1sjgkdl.jpg
I did it! I created the Seven-colored Overlord! This is a once-in-a-hundred-years thing. Hahaha! With this, I can make any anti-toxins to all kinds of poisons!
mCfOkt8.jpg
Thanks for nothing.
1sjgkdl.jpg
The venom's cleansed. You may leave now.
Km692X2.png
Ah~ I'm such a fool! I don't ever want to see you again in my life! Humph!
1sjgkdl.jpg
Hey, hold on.

*PRICK*

eM0wkzh.jpg

Km692X2.png
Eh? I'm fine?
1sjgkdl.jpg
I hate to owe you a favor. Now you're immune to all kinds of poison. Others would kill for that.
9xc3IOD.png
What? Poison immunity? Damn! It's a blessing in disguise!
1sjgkdl.jpg
Now we're even. I don't suppose we'll meet again in the future. Just as you wished.
TEuPMjh.png
Where are you going?
1sjgkdl.jpg
You know Dr. Miracle in Wangyou Valley, right?

Uh oh.

1sjgkdl.jpg
He saves lives with medicinal skills, but I'll prove to him that I can save lives with poison as well. I won't lose to him!
TEuPMjh.png
What's your deal with him?
1sjgkdl.jpg
None of your business. Enough talk, I still need to pack up, if you have nothing important to say, you may leave.
TEuPMjh.png
OK, take care, see you.
1sjgkdl.jpg
Hold on.
TEuPMjh.png
?
1sjgkdl.jpg
I won't come back here anymore. I'm giving you this house. Feel free to take whatever you need from this place.
TEuPMjh.png
Thanks I guess.

She leaves.

TEuPMjh.png
Will I ever see her again? Speaking of which, I don't even know her name.
fMjKho7.jpg

UCpaFlf.jpg

Oh. Wow. It's an internal art? How does it work?

ViDmjFh.jpg

I can't wait to test it out!

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I see that getting bugged by a lonely poison girl has proved worthwhile.

RK47

Patron
69 - Shaolin ties
LY6Idxr.jpg

IewKAmz.jpg

JnxtLst.jpg
Mm. Time flies. It's the season of annual Ullambana Celebration again. I'm deeply honored to receive your invitation.
F0K1DnF.jpg
The Abbot said that since Shaolin and Xiaoyao Valley were closely related in the past, we really hope you will make all efforts to join this symposium.
JnxtLst.jpg
Well.. (Gosh! It would be so boring listening to monks shoutboxing!) Oh! Di Fen! Come here!

:lol: I know where this is going...

VgzUNto.jpg
Sup, master? Hmm, you are Xu Zhen from the Shaolin Temple, right? What brings you here?
F0K1DnF.jpg
It is good to see you, Shi. I was entrusted by our abbot to invite Master Wuxia Zi to attend our celebration.
TEuPMjh.png
What celebration is that?
QjQpwGH.jpg

1DDKapO.jpg

mCfOkt8.jpg
What? (I bet you're sending me because you don't wanna go!)
JnxtLst.jpg
Hehe. So that's settled. May I trouble you to look after my naughty disciple, Xu Zhen?
lrpl2cD.jpg
It'll be a pleasure. Shi is so brilliant and promising that he should be taking care of me inste- Oh wait! That would be a great burden for him. No. I should not ask that of him..
mCfOkt8.jpg
Hey, don't mention it! (This guy overthinks stuff.)

And so it's settled...

a3CBBKw.jpg

IN451Ww.jpg

xvQmrdX.jpg

The foreign monks attacked them without warning and are currently inside confronting the Abbot.

qrbVhba.jpg
Unacceptable!
suSVYmW.jpg
Xu Zhen, let's hurry inside!
qrbVhba.jpg
Yes!
F2EkGEk.jpg

The foreign monks clad in bright yellow robes are outnumbered by the Shaolin practitioners clad in their white robes, but the situation is less advantageous than it appears.

NapOAru.jpg

vSBJM6C.jpg

rvfNo6n.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
Ha! I never thought you'd be so good at making speeches, Master Wuse. Seems that chanting sutras does help you make eloquent speeches.
p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha be praised. You and your disciples carry weapons to this sacred ground, paying no regard to our rules. Furthermore, you hurt Chengqing and Chengtong as well as others at the gate. I do not think this is what an eminent monk like you should do!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Petty quarrels get us nowhere. Abbot Wuyin, my inferior Lydo Rebochi came to your temple to discuss the Buddha Darma 3 years ago, why is it that you put him under house arrest until now? What is your explanation for this?
p5ivLhb.jpg
It is a long story. True, Lydo came here 3 years ago and brought several original scriptures written in Indian, to study Buddhism in our temple. Naturally, we warmly welcomed his arrival and even held a grand ceremony for him.
gGLj4AD.jpg
So? You discussed the dharma by keeping him here for 3 years? Master Wuse, you said that I was peremptory and insolent, it seems your Shaolin Temple is nothing less.

The translator really earned their yuan in this scene. You can sense the feints and provocations in the verbal exchange.

p5ivLhb.jpg
If his intentions had been only that, we would've always welcome his presence. However, he broke into the Depository to read our martial arts books in secret. While he claimed to be not aware of the rules and promised never again to do so, he did it again anyway.
p5ivLhb.jpg
We caught him 6 months later, tunneling into our Depository. But then he not only read our martial art books, but also mastered the Might Diamon Zhang and Shadow Tracing Legging Techniques from the 72 Arts.
p5ivLhb.jpg
Secretly learning martial arts from another sect is already a taboo in the martial arts world. Even though Shaolin Temple is dedicated to studying the Buddha dharma and seldom call ourselves members of the martial arts world, our predecessors made the rule that Shaolin martial arts are for Shaolin disciples only, and we do not wish to break that rule.
p5ivLhb.jpg
And besides, if our martial arts were to spread to Tibet, there might be endless trouble in the future. So we had no choice but to keep him in the temple in hopes that he would finally find the right path while averting trouble for the future. We've treated him well for all these years, all we've ever asked from him is not to leave the temple.
gGLj4AD.jpg
You seem to have a point, however that's only your side of the story. Neither of us know the truth. The only truth we know is that you kept him here for 3 years. Why don't you just let me see him? That seems quite reasonable, doesn't it?
p5ivLhb.jpg
Lydo has already learned our martial arts, and we can't allow him to pass that knowledge to others.
gGLj4AD.jpg
Ahaha, what a rational and legitimate excuse! We can never reach an agreement, and this bickering serves no purpose. Very well, since you won't let him go, why don't you keep serving him for the rest of his life? With Shaolin's reputation, you won't harm him anyway.
p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha be praised, thank you for your understanding.
gGLj4AD.jpg
But Lydo brought a few original Indian scriptures to your temple for discussion, and it's only fitting that you give something in return. There is an old saying in Central China: "It is impolite not to reciprocate", am I right?
p5ivLhb.jpg
Very true. Wuse, please go to the Depository and bring one copy each of the Vajra Sutra, Lotus Sutra, Mahaparinirvana Sutra for our guest.
gGLj4AD.jpg
Wait a moment. I appreciate the kind offer, but I ask for only one scripture. I guess that wouldn't be too much to ask.
dyUT5za.jpg
Well, which is it that you want? (This greedy snake must be after something! Come to start a fight, huh? We'll show you what we got!)
gGLj4AD.jpg
Sutra of 42 Chapters, is what I want.
dyUT5za.jpg
What?! Absolutely not!
p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha be praised. This Sutra is the prized procession of our temple. I'm very sorry but I cannot give it to you.
gGLj4AD.jpg
Really? I wonder what kind of secret this Sutra of 42 Chapters holds? A Divine Art perhaps? Or perhaps it's one of the eight sutras that help pieces of a treasure map collected by the Nameless One?
dyUT5za.jpg
A no is a no, no matter how many times you ask, this is only a waste of time!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Enough of this! I've had it with your nonsense. It seems our negotiations is over. Fine then, now I shall take my disciple brother and the Sutra, by force if necessary.
p5ivLhb.jpg
Sigh. It was not our intention for this escalation. But if this is what you want, then so be it. Please forgive us for this hostility. Disciples! Form the Arhat Formation!
nFY5nOL.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
Alright, let me experience first hand the Arhat Seven Star Formation from Shaolin Temple!
HsJbyD4.jpg

dVaXSF9.jpg

6wXU3bO.jpg

zJGxU9w.jpg

9Jqk5lI.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
70 - End of Discussion
bf9bEne.jpg

11Ly0XL.jpg

p5ivLhb.jpg
That is just an exaggerated praise from outsides. The three of us are undeserving of such reputation.
gGLj4AD.jpg
Hey! I myself have mastered the Dragon and Elephant Prajna Art. Not trying to boast, but I can rarely find a worthy opponent.
p5ivLhb.jpg
You destroyed our Arhat Seven Star Formation in one move, which has already proven your might.
gGLj4AD.jpg
But there are three of you, while I am alone. If you three go all out on me, or take turns to exhaust me, then I'll definitely lose, no matter how strong I am.
gGLj4AD.jpg
It would be rather disgraceful if everyone in the land were to know that the Shaolin Temple relies solely on numbers to overwhelm their enemy.
dyUT5za.jpg
We fight to defend our temple! No one can accuse of any wrong doing.
gGLj4AD.jpg
Not quite. I thought the Shaolin is an epithet of respect and disinction in the martial arts world. The three of you ganging up on me itself is not an honorable deed. Should anyone hear of this, it would certainly harm the reputation of Shaolin.
p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha be praised. What you said is not untrue. What do you think we should do to solve this dispute?

Wow. They got baited hard. :lol: An admission of disadvantage from the enemy and suddenly they felt like extending an olive branch?

gGLj4AD.jpg
I will fight all three of you one by one. But, on the condition that we decide our victory with one move.
dyUT5za.jpg
What?
gGLj4AD.jpg
Even if I could defeat one of you, I would be too exhausted to fight the next. Thus we decide the victor with only one move, excluding moves that don't connect. If you gain the upper hand, I'll concede defeat, apologize for my rudeness and leave immediately.
dyUT5za.jpg
You are indeed whimsical, for I've not heard of such a rule before!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Well, what say you? If you are still convinced and worried that my disciple brothers will disclose the secret of your martial arts, then let me sweeten the deal further: if I win, I'll only take with me the Sutra of 42 Chapters, you can keep him here as long as you want.
p5ivLhb.jpg
...Well then, challenge accepted.
dyUT5za.jpg
Wuyin, you can't be serious!
p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha have mercy. Don't you agree that this is an effective way to minimize the casualties on both sides?
dyUT5za.jpg
So be it then.
gGLj4AD.jpg
Excellent. Which one of you would like to be my first opponent?
ylRGYay.jpg

VzoXElT.jpg

4OWoQCK.jpg

The Shaolin monk was blown away instantly.

gGLj4AD.jpg
Well, it seems that I've won the first round. Thank you, Master Wuhui.
dyUT5za.jpg
(His Palm Strike is indeed strong and ferocious, I'm afraid even Master Ke's 18-Form Dragon Subduing Palm Strike might not be his match in terms of sheer strength!) Ok, the next turn is mine!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Master Wuse, let us begin.
aaFZqiO.jpg

s229HMl.jpg

The result is the same.

Orkzvbe.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
Om Mani Padme Hum. Luck be with me, for I've won consecutively for two rounds. Now please, Abbot Wuyin, it's your turn.

You can almost see the smugness dripping from his lines.
The Shaolin monks were absolutely outplayed.

u2rSzij.jpg

UxA5Syl.jpg

p5ivLhb.jpg
(The strength of this Dragon and Elephant Prajna Palm Strike is indeed incredible, but this strength decays as time goes by. This is why he proposed this battle in this manner. This Dharma-raja is truly an eminently intelligent master.
dyUT5za.jpg
(Do you know how to counter him?)
p5ivLhb.jpg
(I shall attempt to use the Flower Touching Finger Technique to attack him from afar to exhaust his energy. After that I shall exchange blows in melee and attack his vital acupoints to stop him from channeling his energy.)
dyUT5za.jpg
(Excellent.)
gGLj4AD.jpg
Abbot Wuyin, are you ready?
p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha be praised, I'm looking forward to your guidance.
qrbVhba.jpg
Master Abbot!
oF1QjYt.jpg

dyUT5za.jpg
Xu Zhen! And Shi Di Fen of Xiaoyao Valley!
qrbVhba.jpg
This man has defeated the Arhat Seven Star Formation?
dyUT5za.jpg
Not only that, Wuhui and I were defeated by this Dharma-raja. Now it's left to Master Wuyin to fight with him. Please lead Shi elsewhere!
suSVYmW.jpg
(What?! This foreign monk has defeated not only the famed Shaolin formation but even the eminent Wuhui and Wuse? Well, well, it looks like Central China is not the only land where powerful martial artists can be found.)
qrbVhba.jpg
Master, why are you attacking our disciples and sabotaged our Ullambana Celebration? Such aggressive behavior... I find it unjust and unacceptable.

Why are you mean lah?

dyUT5za.jpg
The Dharma-raja has made a request, if he can defeat Master Wuyin Wuhui, and me, then we must hand over the Sutra of 42 Chapters.
qrbVhba.jpg
What? This is nonsense!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Little monk, who do you think you are? This is no place for someone like you to speak up.
p5ivLhb.jpg
Xu Zhen is the last disciple of our former master Hui Neng. Although his name of seniority is Xu, he is actually an equal of mine who has a say in every major affair in the temple.
gGLj4AD.jpg
So what? You and I still have an unfinished fight to settle. Others would do well to stand aside.
qrbVhba.jpg
This is outrageous!

Xu Zhen's limit was reached. He brandished his staff at the Dharma-raja.

pawoQGQ.jpg

One can't help but applaud his sincere righteousness. No one can muster a denial to his accusation.

f4jiBkj.jpg

p5ivLhb.jpg
Buddha be praised.

Shut up, don't ruin this Crispy.
The Dharma-raja looks shaken.

gGLj4AD.jpg
Ever since I completed my training, no one has dared to humiliate me like this. You are truly an arrogant man. Abbot, you said he is your equal, right? In that case, no one can say that I am bullying you then.

:lol: Butthurt detected.

p5ivLhb.jpg
Xu Zhen, stand down!
cuTTdzD.jpg

He is truly an alt right.

qGpMVBh.jpg

MATbfgD.jpg

How can I pass up a chance at this experience? Let's go!

sXTQDao.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
And who are you now? So many newfags posting in GD lately!
suSVYmW.jpg
I am Shi Di Fen of Xiaoyao Valley. My sect has been long friends with Shaolin Temple. My master once told me that our former Sect Master, Xuzhu Zi was once a disciple of Shaolin Temple. Thus we of Xiaoyao Valley will not stand back when Shaolin Temple is in danger!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Joined: 2019. Ignorant brats, let me show you what I'm capable of!
lvy4LTA.jpg

The Dharma-raja sends 4 of his disciples first. I'm sure we can handle these.

USvx4oA.jpg

They do somewhat moderate damage and inflict Dizziness (Disables critical hit, evade or counter) but they're nothing special.

IhINFRn.jpg

Xu Zhen is OK. Nothing special. 2-hex range staff strike is his standard move. His AOE attacks grants him Vigor (Regenerates Energy) which isn't really a concern. Just look at his amazing Internal Art. I'm just going to pull these trash one by one with the 7-form Moon Worshipper Palm Strike to setup easy flanks for Xu Zhen.

E0kemmM.jpg

u6Hy60z.jpg

I also notice Xu Zhen is kinda slow. Only 2-tile movement per turn. Good thing his staff pokes are 2-tile.

gmOpgLx.jpg

His AOE looks cool but isn't really much use due to his low movement.
My high 4-tile movement lets me flank easier to setup piercing strikes with Xiaoyao's 2nd Sword Art.

45eCwYL.jpg

We handily cut down two of the disciples but was surprised by a sudden entry on turn 5.

9x8kJ80.jpg

Now this guy is a problem.

WIxhxz9.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
71 - Adapt or die

Can't worry about the big D until we take out the two disciples.

zE849qm.jpg

Too slow at killing these guys. Need to rely on dirty tricks. I am reminded of a gift from the Red Girl way back at Dukang Village.

zG4ZCQt.jpg

suSVYmW.jpg
I've been meaning to save this, but now's a good time as any! Xu Zhen! Throw it!
ZGGye7o.jpg

mNzspYJ.jpg

3WWCoXL.jpg

qrbVhba.jpg
Buddha be praised!
dg2feGE.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
Impressive for a child's toy. But it looks like you've used up the last one.
A4D14Th.jpg

This guy is a powerhouse. His third attack deals high area damage and confers invulnerability to him.

qeIsszK.jpg

PLUiUfn.jpg

There has to be a weakness. We just have to look at our options.
He's as slow as Xu Zhen...then...I remember my time spent at the Lakeside.

zy7BpV4.jpg

lJzDpCc.jpg

suSVYmW.jpg
Hahah. The Abbot's right. Stolen arts are dangerous! Peach Blossom Fan Technique - Peach Rush!
7xh8Sh9.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
HAHA! Futile!
ANs0cbC.jpg

suSVYmW.jpg
Is that so?
OiZfPsZ.jpg

The Tibetan monk raged as he realized the snare. His ranged attack tools are limited.
We trapped him in one corner of the arena and took turns flanking him at max range.

CKAnDTI.jpg

10B31Nh.jpg

Every time one of us is heavily wounded, we simply walked away from him and rest. It's over.

qrbVhba.jpg
Buddha be praised! We're winning!

Time for the coup de grace...

AKB8net.jpg

suSVYmW.jpg
Seven Form Moon Worshipper Palm Strike - Gist of the Moon!
m4jNtEJ.jpg

gGLj4AD.jpg
Im-possible!
6vOCJAt.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The fact that defeating the evil monkor doesn't lead to anything different than not even challenging him in the first place is an extra lame conclusion to this otherwise cool scene.

RK47

Patron
The fact that defeating the evil monkor doesn't lead to anything different than not even challenging him in the first place is an extra lame conclusion to this otherwise cool scene.

They're just lawful stupid, I guess.

RK47

Patron
72 - Lawful Stupid
Despite the victory, the third challenge continued.

68q4XHX.jpg

The Abbot however did not fall from the same strike that felled his brothers earlier.

9pN12kr.jpg

jfq3dAk.jpg

suSVYmW.jpg
(! Fascinating! Abbot is using his meticulous finger techniques to deliver moves that do not connect but deflect the overwhelming strength of the Dharma-raja's moves. He's trying to exhaust the foe's energy.)
F8O6v51.jpg

No, Crispy. Don't do this. Not now!

p5ivLhb.jpg
Praise be to Buddha, Dharma-raja, please stop now...

The Abbot lowered his defenses out of concern for his foe and that was all it took.

gGLj4AD.jpg
Hehe, this is a good chance!
JjwxSRh.jpg

It was a clean hit. The Shaolin Temple lost the fight!

:0-13:

p5ivLhb.jpg
Ugh!
dyUT5za.jpg
Master!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Hahahaha, Abbot Wuyin, it seems like I've won by half a move.
dyUT5za.jpg
Dishonorable scum! Abbot was worried about your injury thus he held back. Yet you took the chance to launch a sneak attack! How can such a victory be justifiable.

:lol: Fuck these guys. I'm done defending them.

gGLj4AD.jpg
Nothing is too deceitful in war. Strength comes in all styles, how is this not justifiable for a victory? Abbot, do you not agree?
dyUT5za.jpg
You...
p5ivLhb.jpg
Enough said. *Cough*... Dharma-raja indeed possesses unmatched intelligence and courage. I.. humbly concede defeat. You have won the fight. Wuse, go fetch... the Sutra of 42 Chapters...and hand it to Dharma-raja now.
dyUT5za.jpg
Buddha be praised! Buddha be praised!
gGLj4AD.jpg
Hahaha! AHAHAHAH!

The Dharma-raja gleefully claimed his prize and left the temple with his disciples, victorious.

Zd856ZB.jpg

suSVYmW.jpg
It wasn't you fault. You don't have to blame yourself.
qrbVhba.jpg
Sigh. It is a great pity that the Sutra, the treasure of our temple, has been taken away by that vicious monk.
suSVYmW.jpg
Yeah, what a pity. But the way I see it, he managed to defeat the Abbot only because he played dirty, not because he was superior in terms of martial arts.

Or was it? To be honest, a win is a win. He did not cheat. He made them agree to a change of rules. Every single one of them had the opportunity to decline.

qrbVhba.jpg
I think so to- Whoops!
suSVYmW.jpg
What's the matter?
qrbVhba.jpg
No no, Buddha be praised! I've made a blunder. I've just violated three disciplines!
suSVYmW.jpg
What were they?
qrbVhba.jpg
The disciplines against three negative emotions: covetousness, anger, and obsession. I violated covetousness because I hoped my abbots could've saved the Sutra; I got so angry because the Dharma-raja caused us trouble; Finally, I became so obssessed with figuring out who was stronger in martial arts. Sigh. It seems that I have lots more to work on to be an ascetic.
suSVYmW.jpg
(If everything is in accordance with Buddhist's principle of Emptiness of All Causes, that is to say, giving up every obsession, then why are there so many rules in Shaolin Temple? Why not just give the sutra away instead of fighting three rounds. Ah, I better not say it!)
suSVYmW.jpg
Brother, what is so important about this Sutra? Does it contain top martial arts knowledge?
qrbVhba.jpg
The Sutra of 42 Chapter is just a Buddhist sutra. In fact, our chief duty is to study Zen and Buddhism, but not to practice martial arts. Yet the purpose of practicing martial arts is to improve our physical and mental health so that we can focus on studying Buddhism.
qrbVhba.jpg
The true treasure of our temple will never be those books of martial arts. It's the Buddha's wisdom.
suSVYmW.jpg
Oh, I see. (That's so strange. Why did the foreign monk want it then? There must be a secret behind it.)
suSVYmW.jpg
Do you know that foreign monk? He has mastered such powerful martial arts.
qrbVhba.jpg
I've asked my abbot about it. The man is called Likong who was conferred Dharma-raja by Tibet, and he is the Goshir of Tibet. A hundred years ago, the Tibetan Buddhism, also called Vajrayana, was divided into three branches. They are Dalun Temple, Jinlun Temple and The Clan of Blood Blade.
qrbVhba.jpg
They have unique skills respectively and each have their own heads. It seems they do not get along with the sects of central China.
suSVYmW.jpg
Yeah, I've heard that the Nameless One wreaked havoc in the Jinlun Temple. So the Dharma-raja Likong is their successor.

There isn't much else to do in the Shaolin Temple except to self-explore...

W5JjsTW.jpg

uijOx0x.jpg

GMEdGnJ.jpg
There's nothing in it now. Since the old man with white hair... Ah! Oh, no.. Master has asked me to keep it a secret...

Huh? He didn't stop us from going in anyway.

oOuzmrw.jpg

There was nothing inside, but I found a small chest containing some healing pellets. I took them, of course. Could this cave be a prison of some sort?

At the northern corner of the Temple lies the Depository.

irDZKkb.jpg

DrREuDy.jpg

Eh..screw you guys. I want some of that sweet martial arts secrets.

suSVYmW.jpg
Greetings, Abbot!
GMEdGnJ.jpg
?

They turned their heads and I snuck past them quickly.

a09Cxzs.jpg

Zcslw9B.jpg

Even if they notice anything missing, they'll probably blame it on that Tibetan monk anyway. Sadly I did not find any secret arts manual.

qO27yQa.jpg

Only porn and viagra.

t8Q28dv.jpg

brxf6TV.jpg

They're gonna have to go thru Nofap July I guess.

Ve4KsDy.jpg

GMEdGnJ.jpg
Sigh.
suSVYmW.jpg
Master, why were you sighing? You sound particularly depressed.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
Do you know what are the eight sufferings?
suSVYmW.jpg
I'd love to hear about it.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of birth; During birth, the baby cries because it feels as if it's being cut by the cold wind. After birth, the sufferings of old age, sickness, and death would all come. There is no bliss at birth.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of old age. In old age, our eyes grow blurry, our ears become deaf, our teeth fall out, and our legs can't walk very well. We no longer have much control over our body.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of sickness. The human body is a false combination of the four elements: earth, air, fire and water. Perhaps there is more fire than water, or more air than earth, or more water than fire. In general, if the four elements are not in balance, we become sick. We may suffer headaches, footaches, sore arms, backaches, haert pain, and so on.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of death. When a person dies, the four elements disperse and his spirit is dragged off by the karmic wind. Death entails unspeakable suffering.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of being together with those you hate. Sometimes we may detest a person and want to get away from him. Yet, no matter where we go, we keep meeting him. The more we hate him, the more we run into him. This is also a form of psychological suffering.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of being apart from those you love. People experience psychological suffering and trauma because of love. They love their parents, children, spouses, and so on. But if circumstances force them to separate, they experience the suffering of being apart from those they love; such partings are unbearably painful. Xu Zhen here is a great example.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
The suffering of not obtaining what you want. If you seek something, you covet for it. If you cannot obtain it, you'll experience all sorts of afflictions. Before obtaining it, you are anxious to get it. Once you've gotten it, you constantly fear of losing it. Your mind is never peaceful or happy. You always feel uneasy.
GMEdGnJ.jpg
It is very difficult for us to overcome them and see them as empty. Just try to be lenient whenever it is possible.
JNeLKCj.png
Ok.

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I am not advocating for being merciless like Fang Yuan, but still.

RK47

Patron
73 - The Art of Cultivation
After my experience at the Shaolin Temple, my eyes are truly opened. I begin to see my Xiaoyao Sword Arts as obsolete. Thoughts on wasted time spent and regrets begin to fill my mind. Is it too late to get started on another style, or has my journey truly begun? Almost a year has passed and what have I got to show for myself?

There was only one place to go.

dbiYxD6.jpg

There must be more he can teach me. Peach Blossom Fan Arts is a limited technique - a mere trick that humiliated a strong fighter once, but it will not stand in a strong fight.

1Y5Aa8m.jpg

Yk8JVIz.jpg

NXlHCSY.jpg

xCTZFlU.jpg

xCTZFlU.jpg

4yCSj5r.jpg

pBC7CHd.jpg

Z9Mm5nY.jpg

fBZfWc5.jpg

8k923LQ.jpg

RgLJzCo.jpg

578YiJZ.jpg

EXlmiDa.jpg

G58xeoT.jpg

:hmmm: *Deep breath* Thank you.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
74 - Wangyou Valley's GD
The lesson continues...

cj8dNwE.jpg

lqa84xR.jpg

fUXVVVF.jpg

Izvyou2.jpg

vm0UbDp.jpg

SYCc4TG.jpg

sgTDS9F.jpg

GpIJcE0.jpg

C2OOtxn.jpg

#chinanumbawang

hf689hM.jpg

qjkxW1V.jpg

9ws2lFz.jpg

3UjQlgL.jpg

UM6W5cn.jpg

:lol: This section is just gonna go on and on.
Amazing how much research they put in this game.
I never expected to play Chinese Darklands.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom