Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tale of Wuxia Zero

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The game takes place some years before Tale of Wuxia.

The Cult of Tianlong was established in the western regions about twenty years ago. (0:05 Maharaga - Eight Guardians of Tianlong) Talented elites fill the ranks of its Eight Guardians, (0:10 Asura - Eight Guardians of Tianlong) and under the lead of the ruthless Nagaraja, ravage the lands, seeking to dominate Wulin. (0:14 Yaksha - Eight Guardians of Tianlong) The ambitions of the Cult were opposed by the heroes of the Central Plain, leading to a period of bloodbath and countless deaths.

That was not all. The eccentric force of Feng Du came into the fray from a southeastern island, (0:40 Lady Meng - Broth of Oblivion) gathering forces along the shore, annexing clans and gangs and growing into an enormous faction. (0:45 Raksa - The Horse-face) Feng Du controls the islands in the southeastern region, (0:49 Abo - The Ox-head) coming into conflict with the Cult of Tianlong. (0:53 Ao Guang - Dragon King of the Seas) The Domain's leader also is an exceptional individual. (0:57 Yama - Yama-raja of Feng Du)

The subordinates of both forces clash in an ever-escalating strife. As a great battle looms, Nagaraja and Yama prepare their armies for a decisive confrontation. At this time, the government issued the Acquittal Period, forbidding military forces from interfering with the affairs of Jianghu. As the commander of the Jinyiwei, You Jin, heard this, his eyes glinted and he fell deep in thought. With a letter from Lord Xiao Haoshuang of String-Sword Manor, the scent of carnage and bloodshed was brought to Xiaoyao Valley, long-secluded from the outside world, and thus the young Gu Yuexuan and Jing Ji embarked on an arduous journey through Jianghu.

Basically the game immediately throws you in the thick of it.

One might recognize some old friends/enemies.

IFiiikO.jpg

beCD2ef.jpg

iz9tTpB.jpg

hdYcpSd.jpg

zM4ToY8.jpg

W1jbZaq.jpg

HlxCB7z.jpg

Ye5rejk.jpg

MzNe2u7.jpg

kED8BZH.jpg

Nn3n8ze.jpg

xmY9ytg.jpg

4hiYpgv.jpg

QQyswhF.jpg

After a lot of taunting you are presented with the choice of picking Feng Du or Tianlong… picking Feng Du and winning the battle gives the best boons for the two main characters.

Kyo0ReQ.jpg

JZMNhVa.jpg

Ao Guang is p. weak, he’ s left at the back.

sYx8EaG.jpg

Mengpo has the interesting “hide in plain sight” ability, with the bonus of an autocrit if she leaves the stealth and attacks. She has various deadly ranged skills.

XJwRFeZ.jpg

Bang can heal which is useful here.

f2SAf3e.jpg

Raksa is not as strong as Asura of Tianlong, but still p. gud.

HRgGf4q.jpg

As for enemies, something to look out for this battle is Yaksha’s ability of confusing an enemy when she’s defeated.

FB9TAxM.jpg

The battle is not easy (prolly even overwhelming for a new player) but can be won. Using the big guy Yama’s AoE will severely hurt if not outright kill the lesser Tianlong cronies. Then the rest of Feng Du can mop up.

o3qPgdu.jpg

LuGWxNv.jpg

j0afP1I.jpg

After 3 rounds only Niggaraja and Yaksha are left.

IUnTKlW.jpg

M2m7wlo.jpg

STp4XJ3.jpg

68taAAa.jpg

It still takes some work to take Niggaraja down, funnily Mengpo is possessed upon Yaksha’s defeat.

CxpqnjE.jpg

PVSuGIq.jpg

Eventually, victory is assured.

JiXXBa5.jpg

h1gAEUs.jpg

Yup8KLx.jpg

8YLDzWw.jpg

Now the actual game can begin.

OZ3bI6d.jpg

TtkiKP6.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part II: Deferred departure

Back in Xiaoyao valley Gu meets with Wuxia Zi.

DSLoRcQ.jpg

QJ267Sa.jpg

wJT8jE2.jpg

Next dialogue option determines Gu’s starting martial skills; the finger skills are good.

vHp4C8r.jpg

OQCggbu.jpg
Very well, as expected you don’t disappoint me.

OQCggbu.jpg
Let’s get down to business. Do you remember my friend ‘Peerless Sword and Qin’ Xiao Haoshuang – Master of String-Sword Manor?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I do. Before the new year Master Xiao spent almost half a month in the valley with you and Celestial Melody. His superior Qin, sword technique and chivalry is well-known yet he is still easy-going. During that time I’ve sought advice from him several times and learnt a lot about martial arts.

OQCggbu.jpg
Indeed! Even Ji often learnt from him secretly, hehe! He thought I wouldn’t know that!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji’s obsessed with the technique of sword and blade, naturally he wouldn’t let the chance go by. But why do you suddenly bring up something about Master Xiao?

OQCggbu.jpg
*sigh* Have you heard about the “Acquittal Period”?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You mean the escalation of the feud between the sects of Tianlong and Feng Du which led the Imperial Court to overlook the killing?

OQCggbu.jpg
That’s right, I always feel it’s not some ordinary conflict and someone may be adding fuel to the fire from behind the curtain… have you noticed anything unusual?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Since you put it that way, I am somewhat confused. Though the conflict’s only between two sects, some innocent sects are getting involved, and even many civilians.

OQCggbu.jpg
Even civilians? Then how could officials remain indifferent?

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s the strange part. Not only do officials ignore it, they also issued a secret order, commanding local authorities to ignore all killings for one month… that’s why the people refer to it as “acquittal period”.

OQCggbu.jpg
It turns out to be like this… *sigh* let’s just put this aside. The letter Xiao sent me the other day mentioned String-Sword Manor might be targeted as some suspicious people hung around. The letter warns us to be cautious as well, as our sect may also become a target.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But ordinary villains cannot trespass Xiaoyao Valley since we’ve got mysterious traps and Master Xiao also must know that… perhaps the truth of the letter is that String-Sword Manor is dealing with some vicious enemies and asks for help.

OQCggbu.jpg
That’s also what I’m thinking. Gu, becoming the champion of Young Heroes Contest was a great achievement. Therefore I entrust to you the task of assisting String-Sword Manor, and at the same time investigating what’s behind this Acquittal Period.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, Master.

At long last Shinji shows up too.

F2Yyp9x.jpg

JYLTYpq.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m coming too! I can’t let this chance go by!

OQCggbu.jpg
You’re still too young. When Gu left the valley it wasn’t for fun.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! I’ve made great progress but ran into a bottleneck. Maybe going out and getting a few fights would solve the problem.

OQCggbu.jpg
Bottleneck? I’ve been practicing martial arts for decades and never ran into any bottleneck! You’re just a dabbler!

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch! You’re really tooting your own horn.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master, Ji has been making some progress recently, so why not…

sSBLVww.jpg
See, even Gu says so.

OQCggbu.jpg
He always indulges you, how could he go against your wishes?

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

OQCggbu.jpg
Alright, maybe it’s time for you to go out. And you can’t cause much trouble with Gu around.

sSBLVww.jpg
Trouble? How can you say that!

OQCggbu.jpg
Do you still want to go out or not?

sSBLVww.jpg
Yes!

OQCggbu.jpg
Since we’ve got the chance, I do want to witness your recent progress.

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s fine, I can show you my new martial arts.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe, watch out, Jing Ji.

PEjVVvy.jpg

Shinji is obviously no match for Gu.

ARSTzzb.jpg

I like the finger skills since they are ranged and Gu isn’t a very mobile character. He can still learn plenty of fist skills anyways.

jAdPbCC.jpg

Ewq6cmJ.jpg

25RBf2M.jpg

The only reason Shinji isn’t defeated in two rounds is because he has an ability that makes him survive another round upon defeat.

OFb58QV.jpg

OhlreOq.jpg

YJxCfD9.jpg

WGenj4k.jpg

Eg42Bhl.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s due to all his hard work.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! You betcha.

OQCggbu.jpg
Don’t be self-conceited! Astonishing progress in a short time results from your talents and diligence. However, bear in mind there’s always someone better than you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Stop! Save the lecturing! I’m really suffering.

OQCggbu.jpg
Humph! You’re blessed to be receiving invaluable advice from your master! How could that be suffering!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Rest assured, master. My might would be more than doubled with Ji’s help. We’ll get things settled as soon as possible.

OQCggbu.jpg
It’s the first time for Jing Ji, act with caution and determination. There’s something fishy about this Acquittal Period. You two should think twice before acting and adhere to justice.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’ll bear that in mind.

sSBLVww.jpg
I get it.

OQCggbu.jpg
I’ve already told Hu to prepare something for you two for the journey. Remember to find Hu in the Northern Valley before setting off.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(even though Master spoke harshly, deep in his heart he already permitted Ji to go, otherwise one supply would have sufficed)

OQCggbu.jpg
The most urgent task is you two heading northwest to the String-Sword Manor.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, Master.

Let’s take a look at Gu and Shinji.

WgGIAzg.jpg

NG6IKLJ.jpg

Gu’s starting talent is the following:

7aNhjWL.jpg

Because Feng Du won the prologue battle he also gets this:

OR2hbvf.jpg

Shinji’s starting talent is the following:

uY54vD3.jpg

Because Feng Du won the prologue battle he also gets this:

g3uBhNb.jpg

Martial and internal styles need to be practiced, i.e. using them in battles levels them up from 1 to 10 granting additional boons along the way like more health or better stats. A character can learn 12 martial styles and 6 internal styles in total.

it’s worth checking out all the buildings in Xiaoyao valley.

Ad6o5J0.jpg

There’s a fatass intruder in the small house serving as guest house.

PzzI6I8.jpg

kzGcaqF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Who are you?

sSBLVww.jpg
Thief! For what purpose did you come to Xiaoyao valley?

sSBLVww.jpg
Trespassing Xiaoyao valley! How dare you!

The fatass throws some hidden weapons and escapes through the window, leaving behind a book.

TbuJDMB.jpg

H78mK11.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Melon seeds, seems like he used the Shower of Shooting Stars or Tangmen clan Great Sanshou Techniques. It’s a pity I can’t tell the difference.

sSBLVww.jpg
This weirdo came out of nowhere. This butterball is quite agile.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mysterious traps have been set in Xiaoyao valley and ordinarily one can’t get through. How did this mean sneak in without anyone knowing? Fortunately he seemed to mean no harm…

sSBLVww.jpg
I didn’t even get a look at his face. Don’t worry, maybe he’s just a coward thief who happens to have some skills.

sSBLVww.jpg
He’s lame in martial arts. Next time I’ll kick his ass.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It seems he didn’t steal anything. Now that he’s run off, we’d better warn Hu about this.

sSBLVww.jpg
Got it.

The book is a useful item.

3NvGY29.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is this… Wulin Compendium?

sSBLVww.jpg
Wulin Compendium? What’s that?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It is said that it contains tips for learning Kung Fu written by Nobody the Hero, it is also the prize for winning the Young Heroes Contest.

sSBLVww.jpg
I see. The old man said that the champion of Young Heroes Contest can choose one prize. You chose five ailments-cleansing pellets. You gave me and the old man two pellets each, and the last one to Hu. You didn’t keep one for yourself.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I can’t practice my skills without your support. My title of champion belongs to you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ha! Anyway, that fat man didn’t look like a champion at all. I wonder where he got that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Who on earth is he?)

Anyway, the Wulin Compendium can be equipped.

iClDlyN.jpg

YkxSJEN.jpg

In the room is also an easy to miss spider quest item that can be picked up.

8iJJ5hq.jpg

4ffU90j.jpg

The game is actually rife with these “hidden” items to be picked up, often it takes extreme pixel hunting to find them. But certain party members have talents that will highlight them making them much easier to find.

The next house seems to be the tea/calligraphy/chess room.

SyblvJC.jpg

sLYjyBS.jpg

There’s a painting here that Gu can’t do anything with yet.

2b0jKEH.jpg

The next house may belong to Gu. There’s a quest item book here to pick up.

55rUxWi.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is…

sSBLVww.jpg
What book? Kung fu art book? I don’t want to watch if it’s not. Not interested.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m sorry to disappoint you. This belongs to Master Xiao of String-Sword Manor. Maybe he forgot the last time he was here.

sSBLVww.jpg
Master Xiao?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes… we shouldn’t read it without the owner’s permission. Let’s take it and give it back to the people of String-Sword Manor when we’re there.

iL6x8b8.jpg

Hu is in the northern part of Xiao valley.

CDXj4Q0.jpg

UGbJGSZ.jpg

Hu is the servant of Xiao Valley but also a capable fighter in his own right.

DBVUtm6.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thanks, Hu.

sSBLVww.jpg
It is too heavy and uncomfortable, I don’t want to wear it.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
It is made of centenarian vines, so it is tough and difficult to damage. Jianghu is dangerous, you’d better wear it to protect yourself.

sSBLVww.jpg
Pshaw! My martial arts always progresses. Offense is the best defense, you just need to beat the shit out of others.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Master knows you don’t like wearing clothes.

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t make me sound like an exhibitionist!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hu’s just concerned. You have progressed these years, but you should know there’s no limit if you look up. If you meet a real master, you may even have no chance to attack.

sSBLVww.jpg
Your martial arts are really good, old man… but Master’s martial arts are much more impressive… I am afraid no one can match him. But your movements are difficult for me to see. I don’t believe there’s someone better than you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Master only uses 30% of his strength to fight us. And he takes care to be quiet and inactive these last years, he didn’t use his full strength for a long time).

HKpwBf8.jpg
(If because of this, Ji looks down upon other heroes, that is too bad).

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Hehe. Would you like to practice with me before leaving? See it as training.

sSBLVww.jpg
Eh? Hu, I know you are good at blacksmithing but I lived here for so long and I’ve never seen you use martial arts.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
(picks up a blade and flicks it) I have not used a blade for many years, I don’t know whether I’m rusty. Come on.

If Shinji does well enough, he gets a martial arts scroll.

vyMfD0y.jpg

2qleu8a.jpg

QxhaxcP.jpg

bKXaYzY.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hu, I never thought you were so impressive.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Thanks. It’s already been 20 years, otherwise I wouldn’t have used the blade.

sSBLVww.jpg
20 years?

ywsv5Jd.jpg
When I was young, I did a lot of bad things with my martial arts. If I hadn’t met Master, I would still harm the world.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
My broadsword technique was handed down from the older generations of my family. My family has a rule: if you practice the broadsword technique well and do good things, then you can inherit the title of Yidao.

As for as I know, yidao “一道” means “one”.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hu Yidao? The title is wildly arrogant, but I like it. And then?

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Master gave me a few pointers, I felt regret for what I did. I was using it in the wrong way. So I sword to never use the broadsword technique for 17 years.

sSBLVww.jpg
But you just said 20 years.

HKpwBf8.jpg
One night 4 years ago, when Master was out, strong enemies came to the valley. You were asleep then, I couldn’t fight them all alone…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fortunately Hu helped me and repelled the enemies, otherwise I don’t know how bad it could’ve been.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
That time was 1 years from the promised date. So I broke the promise, even though the situation forced me. So I added 3 years to it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu! You knew about Hu’s martial arts, but kept this from me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You know it now, don’t you?

ywsv5Jd.jpg
It is getting late, you’d better depart early.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hu, since you won today, I will put on this rattan armor. But I will win some day, then I’ll give it back to you.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Hehe, everyone thinks highly of you, and so do I. I look forward to that day.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Right, Ji, the blade I made for you last time is still in decent shape?

sSBLVww.jpg
Pretty good, it is still sharp til now.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Next time, I can make a better one for you. If you find some rare minerals on the road, brng them to me. I have seen some special weapons, maybe I can make some for you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Great! That’s a deal. We’re leaving.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hu, please take care of our Master.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
It is my duty. Take care of yourselves.

Shinji gained a scroll from Hu but needs to increase an attribute first to be able to use it.

kbHqo2W.jpg

The ratton armor is a basic starting armor.

HYFaGU0.jpg

hpZP1Pb.jpg

The building near Hu is the kitchen, inside is some fish to pick up.

9TMPPZe.jpg

CQi3WAG.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hu seems to be possessed by a devil… the smell of salt fish is disgusting… and terrifying. Maybe one or two are still edible…

gIxAKwN.jpg

Outside are more elusive items to be found.

laTfQQq.jpg

ZW8ehZg.jpg

Some of the ore Hu spoke about is on the way down. Hu needs 10 to be able to craft something.

gBMHDtY.jpg

WfbBLFX.jpg

The last building in the valley is the common room.

U877Ulu.jpg

Inside is Ji the cat.

A3WHXI1.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Haha, it seems like Ji is hungry.

sSBLVww.jpg
Its name is not Ji! I told you so many times! I can’t tell which Ji you are calling!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Anyway, did Hu feed Ji today? Ji is so capricious and eats only pickled salted fish. If you have something he likes, just give it to him. He will be very happy.

Giving Ji the salted fish from the kitchen will make him bring Gu various stuff. Including a quest item.

HJc1PdH.jpg

U9DA4gu.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Eh? Where did you get this book, Ji? Celestial Melody and Elegant Music? This belongs to senior Celestial Melody! She was looking for it just before and you took it unexpectedly! You shouldn’t do that, Ji.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Anyway, I should give this back to senior Celestial Melody as soon as possible.

HPeyfwu.jpg

There’s also a Qin in the room that Gu can’t do anything with yet.

0h7C9EY.jpg

There are also some meat buns to be picked up… you never know, these may become handy in some quest.

ACeRV89.jpg

tTyZFLX.jpg

Upstairs is clearly Shinji’s room… he can get a martial arts book here.

5ugOF6b.jpg

70rqlSi.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Eh? That’s the basics of Xiaoyao swordsmanship and broadsword techniques the old man taught me before. I haven’t learnt all the moves of them.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are learning these two skills together and have to avoid practicing them separately. Yet everything you learn originates from these two skills, so don’t neglect the basics.

sSBLVww.jpg
OK, I will remember that, I will bring this art book with me and read it time and time again. Anyway, what’s in the art book, Xiaoyao broadsword techniques or Xiaoyao swordsmanship?

We need to choose between getting a sword or broadsword book.

PnKEohs.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Yes, the trick of this move is arm practice, without exercise this can’t be mastered.

Shinji needs to increase arm strength to be able to learn it.

2LdWzTD.jpg

The last thing to be found in the valley is an elusive snake.

LvoF84X.jpg

iC9tNHu.jpg

Time to set off at last.

cQURr8t.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part III: Maniac Manor

We now have access to the world map but the only location that’s open is String-Sword Manor.

smGn35Q.jpg

SwWEwDH.jpg

hwWIJWc.jpg

There’s something rotten in the manor… literally.

BpKfoux.jpg

ti7aJZ7.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s… the odor of putrification.

sSBLVww.jpg
Odor of putrification? We can still smell it even this far away, how many people have died?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The smell is so intense that the String-Sword Manor must have suffered massive casualties. Ji, let’s go inside and find out if there are still… survivors.

sSBLVww.jpg

Up ahead are some Feng Du mooks.

WrL6Jkh.jpg

RX2Mttm.jpg

Jesus Christ? Bit of a strange translation.

The regular Feng Du are nothing special but they have an annoying pulling attack that can be troublesome when they’re in large numbers.

gVsZ29t.jpg

Gu and Shinji just need to follow the path, taking out Feng Du as they go.

niIaYCk.jpg

Some of the Feng Du drop wisdom fruit, a very useful item to level up skills.

BhU55yB.jpg

FQOBYBc.jpg

The wisdom fruit is a good way to quickly level up internal styles. At a certain level Gu’s basic internal style will gain “Protect”, a very useful ability to protect glass cannons like Shinji.

When Shinji maxes out his starting Internal style he gains “Killing Momentum”, a must-have.

9atloTZ.jpg

d60LFYt.jpg

On the bridge is a bigger group of Feng Du scum.

ZAjG6K2.jpg

The eight immortals skill has great range and is a good opener to shut down a mook at the start of battle with the statis effect.

Vct69r4.jpg

kAmcYqY.jpg

q2zw5H7.jpg

A bit further on is a group of four but it’s just a warming up battle.

qL9GMPV.jpg

3y75Uzk.jpg

Up the stairs is the head honcho. With the son of the master of the manor.

NlL68u1.jpg

lsmSHVO.jpg

Hl56DAS.jpg

y0Gor5B.jpg

fW5gLEk.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
You’re full of crap, I’ll send you to hell now. Your flesh seems nice, it must be first-rate material for puppets. I happen to have lost several copper cadaver puppets, yours will be a good replacement.

Gu and Shinji arrive in the nick of time.

4Z8Yicp.jpg

4g4R0JR.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Who dares to interfere?!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao , are you well?

2rfJBiu.jpg
Um… I can tough it out, I must avenge my father.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
There are survivors of String-sword manor?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You killed all these people?

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Of course! I’m the Puppet Husk of Feng Du, you can sue me right in Enra’s face.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… You’re not from Feng Du. The Master of Feng Du claims himself to be Enra, so his followers don’t directly call this name to show respect. Who the hell are you? Today I’ll enforce justice on behalf of heaven.

Enra? Maybe it's supposed to be Enenra.

sSBLVww.jpg
And so do I!

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Hehe! Seems today is my lucky day, so many people want to be my puppet!

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s just your wishful thinking.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Someone speaks tough. Be patient, you two are the next on my list when I’m done with him.

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t bother, I’ll live long and well. Here’s your free ticket to death.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Hehehe, hopefully your weapons are sharp enough.

sSBLVww.jpg
Cut the crap, take this!

NOW4ElQ.jpg

tjfGvdb.jpg

Oj9uywP.jpg

rsLFXe4.jpg

Z3gUP2O.jpg

The puppet husk is protected by his puppets, who will take a hit for him if he’s targeted directly. The puppets will also protect each other, which can be exploited.

o7GCXF4.jpg

ecmesFK.jpg

The puppet husk has annoying poison internal style and poison martial skills.

WdMXuQs.jpg

After taking out the puppets the puppet husk is fair game. Xiao Fu has healing skill so this battle isn’t too troublesome.

F0mT8oH.jpg

36nqDmF.jpg

The puppet husk drops some goodies but this is not the end.

KGmxUKW.jpg

lZuP4Kw.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! You are cornered yet still so cocky! Watch this!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji! Wait!

The puppet husk using some cloning technique.

wZjF6jv.jpg

ZGwdBa4.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
You think I’m out of moves already? I am just playing with you. Come, and I will break your hands and legs…

jvH6YgN.jpg

However unexpectedly some Imperial BAMFs show up.

50X1gRq.jpg

The puppets get one-shotted.

gNKvEwC.jpg

qpYvHXM.jpg

kEKkUdB.jpg

HbAQFXg.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Where did the Imperial Guards come from? You dare to interrupt me? … This is the acquittal period, there are no rules and law! This was the secret order delivered by the Emperor himself! Did the Imperial Court back off or something?

afeGHFf.jpg
Humph, Huaishi, the Emperor allows you to kill each other freely, yet didn’t allow you to get your hands on men of the Imperial Court.

Huaishi (坏事) means something like 'evil one'.

wYT8UKw.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
All right! Now that I got the body of Xiao, there’s no hurry, I’ll get you later!

2rfJBiu.jpg
Don’t go! *cough*

The puppet husk runs off like a little pussy. Xiao runs off to follow him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao!

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Commander You! I shall leave first, I can’t let that evil bastard get away!

uvaXmwd.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
And who are you? We don’t have to tell someone who doesn’t reveal his own identity!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, he saved us, don’t be rude!

HKpwBf8.jpg
I am Gu Yuexuan from Xiayao valley, this is my brother in training Jing Ji, thank you so much for saving us, senior!

afeGHFf.jpg
I am Imperial Guard Commander, You Jin. I didn’t intend to save you this time, I’ve heard that the master of Xiayao valley is a hermit. I hope you two don’t get involved in Jianghu matters and return to your valley.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Commander You, wait, I want to ask you something…

afeGHFf.jpg
What?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The conflict between the Cult of Tianlong and Feng Du is becoming worse and worse, several sects were slaughtered, what was the point of the Acquittal Period ordered by the Imperial Court?

hkDpHGd.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg
Don’t you understand? It is said that “The scholar interferes with the law with knowledge and the Xia breaks the law with martial arts”. The Jianghu forces have always been a thorn in the Imperial Court’s side.

afeGHFf.jpg
Now all the sects are either greatly weakened or slaughtered, which is in the best interest of the Emperor. Don’t you understand?

sSBLVww.jpg
But… but many innocent people died in this too!

afeGHFf.jpg
The order of the Imperial Court is beyond discussion, we can only obey.

HKpwBf8.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg
I am not without emotions, you two risked your lives to save String-Sword Manor, which is very impressive.

afeGHFf.jpg
I also come from Jianghu… though I can’t deploy the Imperial Guard to stop this, I can do something privately to help with this. After the Acquittal Period, I shall help with everything I have.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If so, I should thank Commander You first!

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t trust him so easily, Gu, you don’t know if he really means it!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Commander You saved us, I don’t believe he is someone not true to his words.

afeGHFf.jpg
Heh… you can decide whether I’m trustworthy or not. I should meet up with my colleague.

sSBLVww.jpg
Wait, are you going to chase the evil guy?

afeGHFf.jpg
Yes, so what?

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, let’s go together!

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are right. If we are of any use to Commander You…

afeGHFf.jpg
Thank you, but we Imperial Guard work differently from Xiaoyao valley. I am more used to working with my colleagues. In addition, what you should care about is Mr Xiao. Goodbye!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Commander You is right, Xiao is badly injured, we should take him back to the valley to treat him.

sSBLVww.jpg
… Look, is that him lying down at the entrance of the valley?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Right, and there seems to be someone else next to him. Hurry up, Ji! It would be bad if that one is with the Huaishi!

Back at the entrance near the boat, Xiao is with a young woman already known to Gu.

REy97L5.jpg

qxvipyF.jpg

W8N9Ow7.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ah! It’s Shui from E’mei sect.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Gu? What exactly happened here?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s a long story… *narrates*

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Really… this Acquittal Period… I passed by here to visit Master Ren yet ran into this… who could this evil guy be?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This guy declared himself to be from Feng Du, but his behavior is suspicious… so I don’t know for sure.

2rfJBiu.jpg
I… I can’t let him run away…

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! You should have a good rest, we will take care of it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’re right. Xiao is injured, you should not force yourself.

2rfJBiu.jpg
That evil guy destroyed my String-Sword Manor… and stole the body of my father… If I can’t get revenge, I can’t live on this world anymore!

rQkwX4Z.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
… Mr Xiao, I will help you kill this evil bastard if it’s alright with you.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Shui… Shui?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Messing with the body of a loved one, even Buddha can’t put up with such a thing. I can understand the feeling that you want to return the body yourself.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… If so, Ji, we should escort Xiao with Shui.

sSBLVww.jpg
Huh! Okay.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Gu, Ji… and Shui… thank you so much!

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t thank us too early, we have wasted so much time, the Huaishi has run far away already, how should we chase him?

2rfJBiu.jpg
That evil bastard went north… since he’s carrying the body of my father, there would be a trail of blood on the road…

2rfJBiu.jpg
This way!

The group sets off in pursuit.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
This pre-sequel is a lot more gray compared to the original one.
Still looks pretty nice

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part IV: Master of Puppets

The chase leads to a cave.

L1rQsii.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
There are a lot of hideouts in this cave, I guess the Puppet Husk realized that someone was tracing him down by the blood marks…

2rfJBiu.jpg
Let’s search! Don’t let him hide away!

In the battle with the Puppet husk Gu picked up this suit of armor.

j7b2kiX.jpg

Inside the cave are tougher enemies, but we have more help this time around.

khXFbvi.jpg

Ipkqw7n.jpg

nvZKNNT.jpg

Xiao Fu is N° 2 from Young Heroes Contest, but he lacks offense (at least his basic offensive move has combo potential). He’s a support character.

I0IlDmP.jpg

Shui Panpan is N° 3 from Young Heroes Contest, she has impressive offensive skills, both AoE and single target.

2kSMPeO.jpg

The two fights against the groups of ghosts are a breeze with her.

7ghRWTW.jpg

IwHn522.jpg

HnxbmCe.jpg

3EGWvCu.jpg

A7oQ8sm.jpg

Vh9OMys.jpg

Really, she should’ve been the Number 2

LYFXUca.jpg

IEAtm16.jpg

vLOimp4.jpg

Past the groups of ghosts is an interesting place but we can’t do anything there yet.

N9UTFWT.jpg

FRGqzGv.jpg

ohRl7Ck.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Now is not the time to enjoy the scenery… The Puppet husk will get away if we dawdle any longer!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji is right, let’s look around.

The group just reaches a dead end.

FeAQwE8.jpg

DP9JYPD.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
This cave… could it be…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao, what’s wrong?

2rfJBiu.jpg
I heard from my father that decades ago there was a senior close to our sect who used to meditate near String-Sword Manor… our grandmaster built a secret meditation place for him.

2rfJBiu.jpg
This natural cave is a masterpiece of nature, but look at those spring holes, the edge is so smooth… it has to be carved.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
That’s right, and there is this Qin, it looks like this senior was fond of music too.

sSBLVww.jpg
Psst! I don’t think the Puppet husk is here to play the Qin, he must have run elsewhere!

The only way forward is playing the Qin.

SnxO9Ze.jpg

Jf6qsHO.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
The Qin is inserted into the stone table as if it were wrapped, it is indeed brilliant.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Could this Qin… be some kind of switch?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Switch… you are right. And there’s only this Qin in the cave, very odd, maybe there’s some kind of switch in it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph, do we need to play the whole song to trigger the mechanism?

2rfJBiu.jpg
A song…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao?

2rfJBiu.jpg
Let me just try a song.

It’s p. obvious which song needs to be played.

mSUHCtd.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
The cave and the stream… the sound of string and soul mate… the grandmaster connected with the senior through the Qin… the song of High Mountain and Flowing Water must be it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu… the sound of water back there seems to have decreased!

There’s still a puzzle that needs to be solved to continue.

hFD7ukC.jpg

7wqJddo.jpg

sxSwykC.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
The water has stopped flowing from the cave...

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, do you hear that?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
That’s the sound of the wind… such a magical melody…

2rfJBiu.jpg
That’s right, these wind caves vary from each other in sizes and shapes.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk, the sound changes from water to wind, what kind of trickery is this!

2rfJBiu.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Silence, Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s wrong?

2rfJBiu.jpg
Allow me to listen to the sound more carefully.

It’s a classic sound puzzle.

Vjn68uQ.jpg

jeLSwhU.jpg

lYEDbSD.jpg

SbL71Ec.jpg

SEpgens.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
These caves are so close to each other, yet Xiao can still the sounds apart, that’s really impressive.

2rfJBiu.jpg
You flatter me. I have been studying music for years, so I am sensitive to the difference between sounds.

sSBLVww.jpg
Could it be… the sound of these caves controls the mechanism?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go back to the stone Qin and give it a try.

Indeed, playing the right tune makes is possible to progress.

ZNb3MtA.jpg

e0pg6GY.jpg

tdGShdT.jpg

S8fqX09.jpg

Vc9c3pu.jpg

xo9sky7.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I see, this mechanism must be used to block laymen who don’t know one thing about music.

sSBLVww.jpg
Yet the Puppet husk knows this mechanism?

2rfJBiu.jpg
Not likely, but maybe we just unlocked this mechanism by accident… it’s my father leading us from the unseen world…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Anyway, now that the water is fading, there may be something behind that stone gate.

Along the way some dead fish can be picked up… they might be quest related.

b100lFO.jpg

0EHbgee.jpg

NXuloUm.jpg

The divine fish is extremely rare and gives a good boost to health.

cOGfUtM.jpg

The next area is an idyllic, hidden valley… there are some things to interact with here.

nHxokkR.jpg

BQ4mcxF.jpg

Wznwv8I.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
This is…

2rfJBiu.jpg
Very unexpected there is such a heavenly place behind the mountain…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Stay alert, the Puppet husk might be somewhere here.

There’s another Qin here but it doesn’t trigger anything now.

nZbjFZX.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What do you mean?

2rfJBiu.jpg
That’s the theory of No Dirge by Mr Ji. Mr Ji believes that there’s only the rise and fall of the tone. The emotion of the music comes from the listener.

2rfJBiu.jpg
… I read that book when I was young, yet I never agreed with it.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Down is sad, Up is happy, no matter how it is played, a sad song can’t be transformed into a happy one.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Mr Xiao…

2rfJBiu.jpg
Sorry about that, let’s move on.

Shinji goes exploring but it’s p. obvious the Puppet husk isn’t anywhere around.

Yd5Gkbu.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be careful, Ji.

tB7Bk5t.jpg

T2ACUMz.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
There’s no one, just a waterfall down there. Those zombies won’t be that stupid to jump down there.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Tsk…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Let’s look around other places.

Elsewhere are some crops.

bwYDgQo.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
There’s no one here, yet the crops grow well.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
This is a heavenly place, so obviously suitable for the crops too.

Gu can harvest some cabbage here, which gives a small boos to health.

hrbE2tS.jpg

And… popcorn.

DZGQI2z.jpg

In the end there’s no choice but to re-enter the cave.

cTunX4Y.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
It’s covered by dust… it seems like no one has lived here for years. The Puppet husk isn’t here.

BuSrz94.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Damn… father… where have you been taken?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t lose faith, Xiao. Maybe we overlooked something, let’s go back to the cave and investigate all over.

Re-entering the cave the Puppet husk shows up immediately. But where has he been in the meantime?

zMQWQwe.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
…!

sSBLVww.jpg
Something ahead!

2rfJBiu.jpg
Dad!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I will go with you, Xiao!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wait! Mr Xiao, Shui! We still don’t know who…

sSBLVww.jpg
They’re running away, let’s go after them!

It’s finally time for the showdown.

dvUUXKO.jpg

A6cdL7y.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Evil bastard… return the body of my father already!

Y2Bphb6.jpg
What? You want Xiao’s body back? Hahaha… come and take it! Without those two Imperial Guards, I can easily kill you!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
This is… the body!?

sSBLVww.jpg
Humh! Well, well, well. I haven’t enjoyed myself yet!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Shui, he’s good at manipulating the dead bodies and there’s poison on the claws, be careful!

sbJkF1K.jpg

The tactics are the same but there are now three, tougher puppets.

Izfnrr9.jpg

e53j9HC.jpg

PF9KCNf.jpg

hgmcXRz.jpg

The battle is also scripted; when the last puppet is about to fall, Xiao will go berserk.

euvK4cL.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Don’t try to be brave, Mr Xiao! Your wounds…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, let’s protect Xiao! Take the elixir to restore health if necessary.

sSBLVww.jpg
I know!

A bit later Gu is struck and chit completely hits the fan.

8Wnmw7g.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Eh!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Gu!

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu!

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Hahaha... I will take this body!

The BAMFs decide to show up.

c6NdFQy.jpg

5CTPPuE.jpg

wsNEiGF.jpg

ETrkYrV.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
You?! It’s you again!

FGln3uz.jpg

XQR4dok.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg
But you… are you able to take my body?

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Argh…

2rfJBiu.jpg
Wait! This evil bastard… I will do it on my own!

afeGHFf.jpg
Stay where you are, you are badly injured.

2rfJBiu.jpg
*cough*

Hilariously, the Puppet husk gets his own cavalry.

AcUCoGR.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
You finally came.

yrfRMXa.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Humph… without these two imperial guards…

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Who are you? Name yourself!

afeGHFf.jpg
No need to ask, if he wants to interfere, let’s take him too.

dGsYfTF.jpg

There’s not only this “secluded guest” but also four rather tough assassins with annoying hidden weapon attacks.

With the BAMFs around, though, it’s not really possible to lose. Shinji might drop but he’s unimportant.

Feng is depicted with a sword but he’s a fist expert. His “Boundary on all sides” is a pull move that can handily keep the Puppet husk and Secluded Guest away from Gu and Co.

FLnKKjh.jpg

iO5EAA4.jpg

You Jin is a one-man army.

8pgGQY9.jpg

At any rate the enemies don’t last long.

5keaNeH.jpg

Shui takes down the Puppet husk, You Jin vaporizes p. much everyone else.

rnbC4dc.jpg

siFmrnk.jpg

Jzj74Ee.jpg

ynMizNB.jpg

The baddies run off in typical fashion.

5YJg8ng.jpg

J4qIxLX.jpg

r1bguuA.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Father… father!

lsIrXvZ.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg
Everyone’s body comes from the parents, how would your father feel if he knew what you did just for revenge?

2rfJBiu.jpg
I…

afeGHFf.jpg
Revenge is a dish best served cold, you can get the real deal only if you can endure humiliation.

2rfJBiu.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
How’s your wound, Gu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s no big deal… it will recover after resting a little bit.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Here’s some Bezoar Dragon’s Blood, it’s good for resolving the venom, take this, Gu.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This… how can I accept…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Take it, get the venom resolved first.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Shui.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Don’t be so polite… Mr Xiao, let me check your wound.

It’s time to wrap chit up.

kSkwL7M.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I can only wrap it a little bit, you should go and check with a doctor.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry about your father, Xiao. Come with me to Wangyou valley and get treated by Doctor Miracle first, then decide what to do next.

2rfJBiu.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Xiao looks like he has lost all spirit, it won’t be so easy to get over this…)

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey, finally we don’t have a difference in opinion? Gu, let’s take him to Wangyou valley!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What about Shui? What’s your plan?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Actually, I have a mission from my master to complete on this trip. Now that this is over, I should say goodbye to you guys.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It was thanks to the help of both of you that we made it through. Those two evil bastards… though Commander You is chasing them, there’s no guarantee that they won’t ambush you for revenge, you should take care.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
You too… what happened to String-Sword Manor is very unusual, I will write my master about this too.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Mr Xiao, as Commander You said, revenge is a dish best served cold. Don’t grieve for too long, it’s harmful to your health.

2rfJBiu.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Gu, Ji, farewell.

DxQQvOs.jpg

7batUhQ.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Right…

M38pX21.jpg

The group leaves with more questions than answers.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part V: Strolling in Luoyang

Gu and Shinji make a short stop at Wangyou valley to drop off Xiao.

kSsZgTh.jpg

HG1hGj8.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Look at your knitted brows, worrying too much will make you prematurely senile.

sSBLVww.jpg
At least Xiao Fu agreed to come to Wangyou valley to heal himself, that’s enough for now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hm, you are right, Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
Opportunity knocks but once, let’s take a tour in Luoyang City.

3fIJVL4.jpg

The main task is to visit the temple, but there’s various other stuff to do first.

DQIZZnE.jpg

Shinji can immediately antagonize one of the gate guards… with no consequence.

OTZemPW.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You’re just standing here! You look very idle…

dpa52gm.jpg
Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up!

dpa52gm.jpg
Do you think I want to stand around all day? I want to be a hero, I want to catch wanted criminals.

dpa52gm.jpg
But the captain looks down upon me, he sent me here to guard the gate. Do you know my feelings? Do you know the feeling that no one knows my worth?

sSBLVww.jpg
I don’t understand.

dpa52gm.jpg
You are too young and naieve, I knew you wouldn’t understand. It doesn’t matter.

Dunno, might be related to a sidequest later on. Or the right party member needs to interact with him.

Near the entrance there appears to have been an accident.

oKNslbb.jpg

4uDiBTF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Isn’t that the young master of Changhong Security Escorts, what happened here?

sSBLVww.jpg
There are even officials here, it seems the horse hit that man.

AaoSgAe.jpg

mD1UOua.jpg
Gu, you need to help me.

sSBLVww.jpg
You know him?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Two years ago, I was ordered to practice by Master. I met Guan on my way and then we met again at Young Heroes Contest.

sSBLVww.jpg
So he was invited to the tournament too.

mD1UOua.jpg
I was not as strong as Gu, I just went there to study with Li.

sSBLVww.jpg
I knew you aren’t that strong.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What happened to you?

mD1UOua.jpg
We had something to escort to Hangzhou, then that man suddenly appeared on the road, luckily I responded quickly and let my horse jump over him, but he insists the horse hit him and asks for reparations.

mXI1HaW.jpg

mD1UOua.jpg
You are lying, your leg was already broken!

RmIRxh3.jpg
It’s almost recovered, but now you’ve broken it again!

mD1UOua.jpg
Humph! I was hoping to settle this with money, but you’re asking too much.

RmIRxh3.jpg
My leg was broken, and you just want to pay me only 500 Qian. What if I become lame? 2000 Qian is not too much for it.

mD1UOua.jpg
No way.

mD1UOua.jpg
Gu, can you help me? I cannot thank you enough.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What can I do for you?

mD1UOua.jpg
Luoyang is a big city, there are many people here, can you help me by asking around and seeing if anyone witnessed the incident.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, I will do it.

Witnesses are all around. But not everybody is very forthcoming.

Ds88WxK.jpg

V3De0S5.jpg

j2Y8s46.jpg

lpthBys.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Maybe we should go to his home and have a look.

Near the city entrance is a shop that sells Buddhist sutras. Useful to raise attribute limits, but way too expensive for now.

CtqoqZ1.jpg

J3T7iso.jpg

wLzNWTk.jpg

The fish selling girl at the market drops a hint about a possible sidequest. At least she doesn’t accept any of the carps Gu picked up in that cave.

mJru6uG.jpg

More importantly, there’s another “witness” around.

mghLlTE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Great, can you testify against him and prove Mr Guan of Changhong Security Escorts is innocent?

lt4v1mH.jpg
Going to Yamen is a trouble, I’m busy making money. No time.

sSBLVww.jpg
But you’re just sitting there having noodles…

lt4v1mH.jpg
If you want me to go to the Yamen, give me 1000 Qian. Pay me before I go to the Yamen, OK?

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s return to Guan and see what’s his plan.

Elsewhere on the market are two ladies gossiping about a “basket thief”.

Lbfw1Wd.jpg

Gik6hQX.jpg

LtQdJg8.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thanks for the warning.

This might be another sidequest, but perhaps a female party member is needed?

Elsewhere on the market is a shopkeeper asking for fake paintings. Another thing to look out for.

KR7G9On.jpg

At the tea shop are some gossiping old men with some topical information.

JK5U20g.jpg

WJ0dQbJ.jpg

The tea sold here can be used to raise health and energy… but it’s a lot of buck for few bang.

KvSSadY.jpg

YA8CaTX.jpg

Instead of tea, Gu buys some soy instead. Even a common item like this might have some use beyond a poor man’s pellet.

UBRp28D.jpg

5Ru26Za.jpg

At the local yamen there’s not really much going on. Shi Gang isn’t there.

In the dungeon, though, is a Taoist in dire straits.

etgdKX4.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey, why are you in death row?

5hduh5u.jpg
The official said I am a cheat and sentenced me to death…

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Even though you committed a crime, you shouldn’t be sentenced to death)

5hduh5u.jpg
He said he would give me one chance. If I could correctly guess the method of execution, he would let me go… if not, he will cut off my head in public.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What method do you think he will use?

This seems some basic riddle.

HqnxaPT.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Haha, I think he just wants to teach you a lesson, he won’t kill you.

5hduh5u.jpg
Why do you say that?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You just need to guess that he will cut off your head, then your guess must be right… so he can’t kill you and must let you go.

5hduh5u.jpg
Really? I will give him the answer tomorrow, if I survive I will not cheat anymore.

HKpwBf8.jpg
And if so, the official will be glad to let you go.

Who knows, this might have some consequence later.

The local antique dealer is asking for a white jade bowl… also something to mark down.

lwVh68g.jpg

In one of the houses is the underground arena.

kAL5DCS.jpg

The owner has a task.

5nZRn8q.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What favour?

X8GUSzo.jpg
I’ve locked two precious things in the chests upstairs but lost my key. If you can open them, you can pick one thing as your reward. What do you think?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Open the chests, OK, I’ll try.

X8GUSzo.jpg
I’m counting on you, young man!

This quests means doing the lockpick minigame from Tale of Wuxia twice. Joy of joys.

X4cugOs.jpg

oNy4TiO.jpg

HjWNRHx.jpg

2L0niND.jpg

xQOYFhE.jpg

99lfgpe.jpg

So one of the rewards is one of the fake paintings for the guy in the market. Gu picks this as reward.

hWv7UPT.jpg

The Clan of Heaven’s Sword is also situated in Luoyang… there’s a hapless apprentice here Gu can help out for some experience.

4lngXK3.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s going on, why are you here sighing all alone?

GMknF7T.jpg
They think I am not strong enough and too dull… no one will practice with me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
How could this be…

GMknF7T.jpg
I once lived in Dukang village, when I was a child I came to Luoyang and saw the statue of Nobody the Hero… I was shocked by it and then I heard of the deeds of Nobody… so I made a decision I would become a great Xia like Nobody.

GMknF7T.jpg
My parents wished me to study hard and bring honor to my family, but despite all opposition I came to the Clan of Heaven’s Sword to decide my own fate.

GMknF7T.jpg
But no matter how hard I try, I still can’t catch up with others and now other disciples are unwilling to practice with me… it’s very difficult to make progress. Should I really give up martial arts and return to studying?

hAyd1zr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You need not be discouraged, I don’t think you’ve been practicing a long time so your progress is normal. If you continue practicing, you will succeed.

GMknF7T.jpg
Really? I don’t need you to pretend out of pity.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well, I will practice with you today, maybe you can get some inspiration.

GMknF7T.jpg
Please go easy on me then.

wYGmwms.jpg

The guy’s a putz of course… Gu needs to do nothing for 6 turns.

JLWVwma.jpg

ukb03Fj.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Good, I’ll look forward to that day. I hope you can be merciful then!

Of course this free training upsets Ximen Feng, aka the ugliest twat in Jianghu.

8tzIBf2.jpg

Shinji’d pick a fight here, but Gu is of a different temperament.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Do you blame me for practicing with your disciples?

7LJIoz4.jpg
Yeah, maybe our swordsmanship is not as good as yours, no wonder you want to teach us.

pc782gc.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I just saw no one was practicing with him, so I did it myself. It was just a gesture of friendship, if you are angry with that, I apologize.

7LJIoz4.jpg
Since you said that, I trust you. It seems I was rude, please don’t blame me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’re too kind.

7LJIoz4.jpg
I’m leading their practice, so I don’t have time to serve you, please forgive me.

… Actually, should’ve just pummelled the fagget.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part VI: Filial piety

Gu and Shinji continue strolling around Luoyang.

The local restaurant has a rather swashbuckling chef…

PR9fBYF.jpg

Oddly enough, upstairs is a girl of Tianshan sect… maybe related to some sidequest.

PBYveSE.jpg

oiwv3F2.jpg

wUdkKRd.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It was an accident, please forgive me.

Next to the smithy is the podium where Qi Li and her dad perform in Tale of Wuxia…

PpjiVVf.jpg

There are two hammer bros but they show is garbage.

WoLHPDF.jpg

lobJGzz.jpg

1aBRtmD.jpg

cBaGuan.jpg

Pls someone bring back qt Qi Li.

LsciUPp.jpg
How can this be?

X91EAxE.jpg
Bro, I can’t take another strike…

LsciUPp.jpg
Bro, bear it, there are just two more strikes.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let it go, bro…

sSBLVww.jpg
Smashing Rock On Chest is for fun, yet this bro is coughing up blood now…

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are just tired, go home and have a rest, maybe you will recover.

LsciUPp.jpg
No no no, my body is tough and strong as iron, not even the slightest sign of aging… maybe it’s the hammer’s problem!

HKpwBf8.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
We’d better go quickly.

LsciUPp.jpg
Hold on!

sSBLVww.jpg
(I have a bad feeling…)

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is there anything else?

LsciUPp.jpg
My hammer has gone through a lot… it’s already 28 years now, maybe its life is about to end. Today’s meeting is destined, may I ask you for a favor, find my brother the blacksmith to forge a steel hammer for me.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why don’t you go yourself?

LsciUPp.jpg
He always looks down on my busking, I don’t want to see his face.

HKpwBf8.jpg
How do we know who your brother is?

sSBLVww.jpg
Do you really want to help him…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Helping others is the source of happiness, we can help him when we are free.

LsciUPp.jpg
Thanks, my brother the blacksmith looks exactly like me, you will know when you see him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see. Please wait a moment, we’ll be right back.

The blacksmith indeed looks like a bro.

Zu53w0I.jpg

1r2jbfl.jpg
Yeah, what’s up?

sSBLVww.jpg
He said his hammer is broken, he asked to forge a new one for him.

1r2jbfl.jpg
What? Before my father died, my little brother was expected to learn smithing, but he never learnt.

1r2jbfl.jpg
And now he’s busking for money, but he can’t even earn enough money to eat well, to buy a house and get married, and he wants me to help him cast the hammer? No, no.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then I will tell him to think of another way.

1r2jbfl.jpg
Humph, a steel hammer costs several silvers, he has no money. I won’t help him, but if you want to help him, I won’t stop you. There’s a piece of steel over there, the furnace is outside, use it to create a hammer yourself, I can do nothing.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hmm… Hu taught us smithing, maybe we can have a try.

So this quest boils down to the smithing minigame of Tale of Wuxia.

vspQMT8.jpg

XyOtrIo.jpg

ZVPVAgP.jpg

oI3p5jx.jpg

0LkuGcz.jpg

Funny to see the blacksmithing skill going up… an echo from Tale of Wuxia.

Anyway, a short and easy quest for some experience and a couple of pellets.

LXCYYag.jpg

LsciUPp.jpg
Thanks, I didn’t expect my brother to forge the hammer, is that brotherly love?

HKpwBf8.jpg

LsciUPp.jpg
I have some useful pellets, I can give you some as a reward.

Anyway, next to the buskers is the house of Wu.

PRx3Z4z.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hello, we are here to ask about Mr Wu.

VFOFQLE.jpg
Get out! You want to bully a blind woman again.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Why is she so angry?)

VFOFQLE.jpg
My son is a good man, he can’t be a cheat!

VFOFQLE.jpg
You assholes find me over and over again, what do you want to do, don’t think you can humiliate me. I am blind, but my heart is clear.

sSBLVww.jpg
Looks like this is not the first time someone came to meet with her…

HKpwBf8.jpg
According to the passerby and Ms Wu, I suspect that Wu Hua became a fraud out of poverty, and the townspeople didn’t blame him out of compassion…

sSBLVww.jpg
He has a healthy body, why doesn’t he find a job? I hate this kind of behavior.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wu Hua’s method is bad, though his situation is pitiful. Now, let’s go back.

Next to Wu’s house is the tavern… some rumors here about things to come.

ClJIsqj.jpg

jJOYaHl.jpg

TbYZKxM.jpg

1Q8xI9d.jpg

The Luoyang pawnshop holds a lot of ridiculously expensive and rather useless items.

UXGl2C7.jpg

k9LIHL6.jpg

A lady outside the apothecary gives a tip about gathering herbs… but the town is too big for pixel hunting.

U0DtRfU.jpg

yFbJxLX.jpg

At any rate, it’s time to return to the city entrance and decide what to do with Wu.

oJanarE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, I found him, but he asked for 1000 Qian to be convinced to testify.

mD1UOua.jpg
I will pay it. 1000 for my innocence is worth it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Guan, I went to Wu Hua’s home, he has an old blind mother and an 8-year-old child. If Wu Hua is put in prison, they will lose everything. Could you spare him and not have him sent to Yamen?

mD1UOua.jpg
No, he is so cunning, it’s not his first time to swindle people. He must be taught a lesson.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Wu Hua did a bad thing, but he is so poor… should I visit his home once more to help him or put him in prison…)

mD1UOua.jpg
Here is 1000 Qian, please give it to the witness.

Gu decides to return to Aunt Wu instead.

1KSizJG.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ms Wu, what is going on?

VFOFQLE.jpg
Your voice… you’ve already come to my home right? After you left, I asked my grandson to ask about my son, now I know what the neighbours are saying.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ms Wu…

VFOFQLE.jpg
Please, don’t send my son to prison OK? My son is a child of filial piety, it is my fault to make him do such things, I will drop to my knees to beg you!

Filial piety (孝) is a core Confucian concept.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t!

VFOFQLE.jpg
Please persuade my son. Take this wooden hairpin to him. If he still holds a glimmer of filial piety, he will realize his mistake.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You can count on me, I will persuade him.

Se8DasL.jpg

It’s time to bring Wu Hua to his senses.

KoPt6n6.jpg

RmIRxh3.jpg
What are you talking about…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Look, this is your mother’s wooden hairpin. She asked me to tell you that she would rather starve to death than to see you doing bad things.

RmIRxh3.jpg
Mom, it is my fault to make you worried about me…

HKpwBf8.jpg
If you can promise you won’t do bad things again, I will ask Guan not to take the matter any further.

RmIRxh3.jpg
But… but…

HKpwBf8.jpg
What do you want to say?

RmIRxh3.jpg
I borrowed 2000 Qian from the boss of the Underground Fighting Ring to purchase medicine for my mother. He threatened me, if I don’t pay up this month, they will sell my son…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Underground Fighting Ring? I see, I will handle it.

RmIRxh3.jpg
What are you going to do? Calm down, I can’t provoke them to anger.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t worry, I will handle it carefully.

We already know the way to the fighting ring… this time the boss is less jovial.

7GfVjnS.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
How much money does Wu Hua owe you?

X8GUSzo.jpg
Wu Hua? Wu Hua the Cheat? Hehe, with interest it comes down to 3000 Qian.

HKpwBf8.jpg
3000? Isn’t it 2000?

sSBLVww.jpg
This is just usury…

X8GUSzo.jpg
So? You came here to pay or to look for trouble?

Wasting Qian on this lout is a waste.

wnRA1FV.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I don’t want to fight, but your excessive bullying of others leaves me no choice.

X8GUSzo.jpg
You want to fight? Someone close the door and release the hounds.

The doggies are pathetically weak… after the fight both Gu and Shinji max out their internal styles which is handy.

YEcqRMJ.jpg

3tyeNeb.jpg

br6Uj77.jpg

chx2d0P.jpg

The arena master sings another tune after the fight. It’s time to wrap chit up.

nBR4O0r.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
If so, how about you clear Wu Hua’s debt?

X8GUSzo.jpg
Whatever you say, you don’t need to pay anything.

HKpwBf8.jpg
On your word, will you stay away from Wu Hua?

X8GUSzo.jpg
Sure thing, as long as you stop beating me, I guarantee I’ll stay away from Wu Hua for good.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright, then hand over Wu Hua’s receipt.

X8GUSzo.jpg
Here it is, take it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thanks.

4z3s6Zt.jpg

RmIRxh3.jpg
Well… this…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wu, now you no longer need to worry. I hope you can be a better man in the future, don’t let your mother down.

RmIRxh3.jpg
I can’t thank you enough, I won’t cheat anymore. By the way, I need to personally apologize to Mr Guan.

B673JuS.jpg

SFa5RaJ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are right, it’s just that I saw Wu’s old mother and his small child so I couldn’t ignore that. Please forgive me for what I have done.

mD1UOua.jpg
You are so merciful, I am impressed. Now that this is over, I shall go on escorting the goods to Hangzhou. We shall meet again some day.

At least this simple quest has a great reward.

tS1Br5a.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, this book is … amazing. OK, I will keep it.

k5ifXD9.jpg

When fully trained, the World-shaking fist will the most damaging move of Gu’s for a long time.

N3YtwRr.jpg

It’s now time to visit the temple.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Borrow money for mom's medicine, cannot pay.
Filial Piety lah.

Cheat people money to buy mom's medicine.
Filial Piety lah.

The root of this Confucian teaching is benign, but human being is not that pure.
Constant justifying of anything for the sake of family leads to corruption and nepotism.
The gradual warping of what is right and what is wrong will eventually make black into white.
A second nature will assert itself.

When you assume the role of a third person, you will look at the first person and wonder 'How can that person thinks he is right?'

JnxtLst.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part VII: Buddist bash

There’s another poisonous beastie at the temple entrance.

073vIif.jpg

4tkwKJX.jpg

Some dude is getting bullied at the temple.

wDnKKo0.jpg

iLZNLR2.jpg

JeMAizt.jpg

kU98sge.jpg

HMz0XVa.jpg
Tsk, shameless dog. You are just praying to please her! Do it! Break those two legs this time!

Luckily for him, Shui is around.

o097ggj.jpg

HMz0XVa.jpg
Another pretty one! They say Avalokiteshvara will take the form of a beautiful woman to save the earth, this must be my chance to be saved.

Avalokiteshvara is a Bodhisattva, a Buddish deity. Of compassion, to be specific.

lsCVUB9.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Look, isn’t that Shui Panpan of E’mei sect?

sSBLVww.jpg
And that man is the son of Aunt Li from Dukan Village.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, it is Li.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Looks like Shui is dealing with those ruffians, no need for us to step in now.

H66aJg3.jpg

These guys are just mere thugs. When they are together they get boosted evasion but it hardly matters.

1FIESxk.jpg

BRfdQ0U.jpg

q3Inure.jpg

With a crit Shui could probably one-shot both phaggets at once.

XFb88Lc.jpg

V7fCwKl.jpg

3l8zPpI.jpg

W9Tw7Dc.jpg

USH0f9p.jpg

KUGdu0G.jpg

b61FpsC.jpg

rYzZLTg.jpg

Unfortunately Shui will still not join the party.

zSmM0sS.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Go home now.

sSBLVww.jpg
So that is the hidden swordsmanship of E’mei sect…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah. Shui used this swordsmanship to ravage the Young Heroes Contest. Let’s go meet her.

ldTK2uq.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Gu, Ji! You are in Luoyang too? By the way, how is Xiao now?

sSBLVww.jpg
Still lost in the world…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
That so…

sSBLVww.jpg
Those bullies…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Shui is a disciple of Buddhism.

sSBLVww.jpg
Heh, those losers.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Hehe. I would never make the killing blow unless it is the only way.

sSBLVww.jpg
If everyone were like you, Jianghu would be a peaceful place.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Shui, my brother likes to say what’s on his mind. Please forgive him.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
It’s alright, I can see he has the spirit of Xia Ke. Although our ideas are different, we still share the same heart of good.

sSBLVww.jpg
I still think you went too easy on them. You should just break their limbs, so they will remember not bullying others…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright, Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
Pshaw…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Gu, Ji, are you here at Baima Temple to pray for Master Xiao?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, but not only for him, but also all the dead of String-Sword Manor.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
So that’s the reason why you’re here.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What about you? I remember you said you were on a mission, maybe we can help?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Truth be told, I was under the order of my master to find the lost relics of our founder and gather information about the traitor to our sect.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I thank you for your offer, but as you can see, this is a mission I can only do by myself.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you for your trust to tell us about your mission. We shall leave you. If you have different thoughts, just go find us.

sSBLVww.jpg
Yes, you helped us a lot on the matter of String-Sword Manor, so if you need help don’t hesitate to ask!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Thank you.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
… And I should go now, goodbye!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Farewell for now.

qk3Rw38.jpg

There’s a kid on temple grounds whining about soy… Gu can give the soy bought at the market for some experience.

VwXARh7.jpg

UzB3E7e.jpg

At any rate, the main task was to pray at the temple.

wff2QJo.jpg

uVuBqcj.jpg
Gu, you are looking dignified, did you run into something bothersome?

sSBLVww.jpg
Ha! Gu, even the monk thinks you are dignified, don’t frown so much.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t mess around, Ji!

uVuBqcj.jpg
And who is this?

sSBLVww.jpg
I am Jing Ji, disciple of Xiaoyao Valley.

uVuBqcj.jpg
Hehe! How time flies, I didn’t expect the little boy washing bowls in the noodle shop to become imposing.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tut tut! Why do you know about that?

uVuBqcj.jpg
Buddha be praised, if you two got something hard to resolve or any wishes, you can make any wish in front of the Buddha. Our temple is famous for being efficacious.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, abbot.

XFJU1wf.jpg

And that’s it for the day.

QXiOfSd.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s have a fish noodle, it’s cheap yet delicious.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Every time we are in Luoyang we eat fish noodles, this is your first time doing business outside the valley. Let’s go to the tavern and have something nice.

sSBLVww.jpg
But…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe, don’t worry about me, I took enough silver with me this time. If that still doesn’t suffice, we can wash the dishes for them.

sSBLVww.jpg
Can you just leave it!

Going to the tavern is the last task before returning to Xiaoyao valley.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part VIII: Pub Hubbub

The tavern is right next to Aunt Wu’s house.

VhMH08v.jpg

There is an attractive courtesan inside performing a song about Jianghu.

0MQfFen.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
The tavern is so crowded today…

n4Bag7A.jpg

Chu Hui sings a song about Jianghu.

3dAik9y.jpg

KqAGDfo.jpg

7PdNMKq.jpg

6cDPxsZ.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
That song is so common…

ahuFg1i.jpg
That’s not right. Even though the song is plain, it is Lady Chui playing…

There are also four imbeciles around enjoying the song and the lady.

4OCDfpq.jpg

hYOdFhi.jpg

FoShMS5.jpg

FmPpBlQ.jpg

4MKF7pB.jpg

Iv8uw6W.jpg
Boss, when did you get such an elegant hobby? Listening to music? I thought you were of a moaning man.

SOYYI8u.jpg
That’s what I thought, her moaning must be like heaven… *cough* Please be quiet!

PCLkmFx.jpg
Lalala… the fair maid… sitting on my lance…

At these words, the dude gets hit out of nowhere with a hidden weapon.

ZpKP9FV.jpg

Gu noticed it too.

xu6bAuG.jpg

Also at that moment, more retarts come to literally crash the party.

KhZ0aLf.jpg

0zI00rB.jpg

dT6aQKC.jpg

Ww4fETg.jpg
Nah, I just need to cut her pretty face, then she would be so ugly, no one will even want to look at her again.

usBb9fR.jpg
Don’t be crazy now! I’ll lose the bet, it would be waste to see that pretty face get cut up.

Ww4fETg.jpg
Alright then, you own me ten thousand. 30% interest.

usBb9fR.jpg
Now now, my pretty, see what I have to go through for you? Come here, drink with me. We can talk after the drink, somewhere quiet… heh heh heh…

The beta orbiter and white knights rise up but get roflstomped.

0SeASbI.jpg

EZDK2CP.jpg

usBb9fR.jpg
I am flirting with the pretty here! Sit down now.

KpK6uDd.jpg

usBb9fR.jpg
So you care about this fool. Serve me well and I might just let him live.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Jiang has a reputation to uphold.

usBb9fR.jpg
Hmm… who doesn’t know the harlots of Xiaoxiang Barge?

sSBLVww.jpg
Damn you…

8a1diuP.jpg

mQf3W0Q.jpg

usBb9fR.jpg
Get lost! I am not interested in some ugly dudes’ names!

There’s a last person around willing to take a stand.

jtXQipH.jpg

usBb9fR.jpg
Eh, that’s some handsome gentleman here. I haven’t had any meat for some time, might as well take you first.

Ww4fETg.jpg
Last time you nearly broke the boy, I bet this one won’t stand a whole night.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We will help you!

uUbAZC7.jpg

The fight is lost when Wei Ziling drops, but he at least can hide in plain sight when in trouble.

HCIERez.jpg

L1ArEJl.jpg

This fight is not to be underestimated as Pervert and Gambler can both inflict annoying status effects. Especially Gambler is annoying with Dual Strike ability (attack twice in a turn) and high evasion combined with health regen.

Gu and Shinji already got some pellets to deal with status effects though.

V5nDOx6.jpg

cUEuXB3.jpg

qewRnK6.jpg

Gu takes down pervert with the world-shaking fist.

3ticNoX.jpg

A handy crit from invisibility is the end of the gambler.

frrITfI.jpg

B5VrZpW.jpg

C0FEFLK.jpg

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
Fine, listen carefully now, my name is Wei Ziling. You will remember my name the next time you want to do evil.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiaoyao valley – Gu Yuexuan, anytime.

sSBLVww.jpg
You don’t deserve to know my name.

Ww4fETg.jpg
Damn it! Humph, let’s go!

qSpLI5h.jpg
Mr Jiang, are you alright?

ahuFg1i.jpg
Yeah, I’m fine.

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
Doesn’t look fine to me, you better go see a doctor!

qSpLI5h.jpg
Thank you for what you did.

5IM8az9.jpg

fevFudL.jpg

Gu and Shinji perhaps made a new friend.

yI5u3QZ.jpg

pml57hs.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, and you are?

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
I’m just a nobody.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ha! Never thought anyone else would know the old man’s name.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji!

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
Hehe, who doesn’t know?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are quite brave at your age.

sSBLVww.jpg
Every man should protect the weak, I think that singer was the real brave one. Girls daring to stand up to those two ruffians…

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
Judging from what you said, you think girls are weak?

sSBLVww.jpg
When did I say that? All I’m saying is that fighting is for men, girls should be doing stitchwork and stuff…

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
Hehe. So women should stay at home and never come out? So that is the way of Xiaoyao valley, I have learnt much today.

sSBLVww.jpg
What!

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao valley! And you must be Jing Ji. Now I know what kind of men you are!

HKpwBf8.jpg

a9Wx3VQ.jpg
What about being “weak”? I cannot fight for justice when I am weak? So a woman should just let others do whatever they want, just because they are “weak”? Humph. Goodbye!

e8tLeF1.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What is it with that guy, Gu? I was just trying to say that women should learn to protect themselves.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ji rarely goes out, this is his first time in Jianghu, how come he…)

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! Brother, did you hear what I said?

HKpwBf8.jpg
… Shame he left… Jianghu is a small world, we might meet again. I’ll explain it to him next time. We should return to the valley now.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humpf! I don’t want to meet this strange fellow ever again, picking fights for no reason.

The Pervert and Gambler left behind the following curious items.

fthGPM5.jpg

DWhaFeC.jpg

It’s finally time to return to Wuxia Zi.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

So it is written in the ancient scrolls.

According to the passerby and Ms Wu, I suspect that Wu Hua became a fraud out of poverty, and the townspeople didn’t blame him out of compassion…

Isn't this entire quest a spoof on those people in China who jump in front of cars to scam on insurance money? :lol:

RK47

Patron

So it is written in the ancient scrolls.

Isn't this entire quest a spoof on those people in China who jump in front of cars to scam on insurance money? :lol:

It's for filial piety bro, so it's not as bad.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part IX: Attack of the Tsundere

Gu and Shinji report back to Wuxia Zi.

rIyX4xx.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master, about helping String-Sword Manor…

Out of the blue, Shinji is attacked by gurl.

jfsNVi2.jpg

gBqgOfF.jpg

Cd3dTJS.jpg

LsAnDJH.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Attacking while people are unprepared and still being high-sounding? Get ready…

sSBLVww.jpg
Wait! Have we met before?

OQCggbu.jpg
Stop! Don’t hurt her.

K6kLgfN.jpg
No sweat. He’s lame and can’t hurt me. If I win, you accept me as your apprentice. How about it?

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t push it too far! Don’t think I’d be soft-hearted just because you’re a girl.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gender discrimination? Humph! Even a girl can excel better at martial arts than you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Shut up! Oh… now I remember! You’re the unreasonable lad in the tavern! Little does one think you’re into crossdressing.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ah… She is…)

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t be rude!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph! Of course I am a girl! Are you blind or what! I’m gonna teach you a lesson today! Take this!

4fnUDaB.jpg

There’s no way Shinji would lose to a gurl… except he technically does.

oGcYMRf.jpg

yxtWoa9.jpg

bUiiPug.jpg

The gurl has good skills, Shinji only wins because of his “Fight to the last drop” talent. If she had a bit more health, he’d be toast.

XWlQUDM.jpg

2QiArkB.jpg

7OmDn98.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I mean business this time.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Both of you, calm down.

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t stop me!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Really? I’m afraid you’re too powerless. As they say, the incompetent always talk big.

sSBLVww.jpg
You… you!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
What? Are you a monkey that can’t speak human language now?

gioKeu9.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Back in Luoyang city, I figure Gu is modest and courteous, quite different from this grumpy guy. It’s hard to believe you’re under the same master.

OQCggbu.jpg
Alright, you two should stop now. Zi, these are my disciples, Gu Yuexuan and Jing Ji.

OQCggbu.jpg
When did Ji get in touch with you? He’s cranky and hot-headed, a few well-intentioned jokes will do no harm, but you better not get under his skin.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I came across some injustice in the Luoyang tavern and kicked some villains’ asses with her help, it’s just a misunderstanding.

OQCggbu.jpg
Hehe, I’m gratified that you two don’t forget my instruction. She’s the daughter of Wei Bao. Her name is Wei Ziling.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wei Bao? The “Silver Spear”?

OQCggbu.jpg
That’s right, she’s visiting Xiaoyao valley for the first time, don’t give her the cold shoulder.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Her father and Master go back a long way, no wonder she knows Ji).

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

OQCggbu.jpg
Well, no need to be angry anymore. As the saying goes: no discord, no concord. You two should try to get along well from now on.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe, quite right. Sorry, little brother, it’s my fault that you got hurt back then.

qIR5P3f.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh? How old are you then?

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m fifteen.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What a coincidence, I’m also fifteen! But I was born on January 1st, so you must be younger than me.

sSBLVww.jpg
You… you… shameless!

K6kLgfN.jpg
These are the facts, how is it shameless? Obviously you can’t even determine your own birthdate. Younger brother, I’m your elder sister now.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph, not gonna happen.

HKpwBf8.jpg
*sigh*

OQCggbu.jpg
Hehe! (These two must have a feud since a previous life)

K6kLgfN.jpg
I never thought Jing Ji of Xiaoyao valley is such a scoundrel, humph! Gu, could you give me a tour of the valley?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Wei is fresh off the boat, of course I…

sSBLVww.jpg
Why would he do that?

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s go, Gu! Don’t you want to teach me “Wing-spreading Roc”, the seventh technique of Xiaoyao Quan?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Oh? Ji, don’t you hate practicing? Besides, “Rising Punch” is the seventh while “Wing-spreading Roc” is a variant of “Soaring Roc”, don’t you know the difference?

sSBLVww.jpg
Anyway, you should keep your promise and today is the day. Maybe you just fear I will surpass you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, she’s our guest. If you want to learn Xiaoyao Quan, let’s find another time. I’m just afraid you will quit halfway and continue practicing swords and blades.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Little brother, I’m asking Gu to show me around, why are you angry? Perhaps you’re jealous.

sSBLVww.jpg
Impossible! How could I be jealous of you! You’re pushing it too far!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Pushing it too far? You’re mean to me and never compliment me.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…

OQCggbu.jpg
You two should stop now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sorry, I’ll try hard to restrain myself next time.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

OQCggbu.jpg
How is String-Sword Manor? Did you gather any clues?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, we pressed forward day and night, but…

RgSwhza.jpg

uPB0ue2.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg

OQCggbu.jpg
I never imagined the String-Sword Manor would get wiped out… *sigh* How is Xiao Fu now?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’ve already escorted him to receive treatment from Doctor Miracle. He’ll recover if he follows the doctor’s advice.

OQCggbu.jpg
He’s the last hope of String-Sword Manor and should be kept safe. I never thought the Imperial Court would get involved in this Jianghu chaos.

OQCggbu.jpg
But why did String-Sword Manor get into the feud between Cult of Tianlong and Feng Du? And for what purpose does the Imperial Court meddle in this Jianghu chaos? There must be some kind of conspiracy. *sigh* Is there any chance of peace between Jianghu and the authorities?

K6kLgfN.jpg
For sure… people practicing martial arts outmatch dozens of elite soldiers and most are beyond the control of the Imperial Court. To them, we’re the hidden dangers. If I were Emperor, why wouldn’t I jump at the opportunity to weaken their forces?

OQCggbu.jpg
(Young but with acute insight, her words hit the bullseye… her prominent family and father’s indulgence fostered her character)

OQCggbu.jpg
(Regardless of her bickering with Ji, she’s running away from home because of a quarrel with her father… it’s better for her to walk around with Gu and I’ll find someone else to bring her to her senses)

zRUIeMc.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, Master.

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m coming, too!

OQCggbu.jpg
Save it, you’ll only cause trouble.

sSBLVww.jpg
Fine, I’m gonna take a walk!

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ji is really pissed off this time, I’ll bring his favourite red bean cakes next time)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let’s go!

I like Wei Ziling. She has good starting internal style, good starting skills and the Hide in Plain Sight talent. The autocrit is potentially devastating.

0BrYzZ1.jpg

tXY1pz7.jpg

XZqPfci.jpg

TFCTSsY.jpg

arY0ZNb.jpg

d2w8xXj.jpg

Showing Wei Ziling around is a quick and easy task.

0WeeCDt.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s a gentle scene, but I’m not a mere frail girl. The waterfall looks clear and pleasantly cool. It must be comfortable to move under it with bare feet.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe. Jing Ji would acknowledge what you said if he were here. He used to play in the valley shirtless and on bare feet when he was a child. He always came back soaked to the skin.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I won’t be like him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Anyway, such a magnificent waterfall. No wonder Li Bai once wrote the famous poem “Its torrent dashes down from three thousand feet high, as if the Silver River fell from the blue sky”.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The waterfall runs throughout the year, the humid environment makes it seem it’s been raining for several days. The collision of falling rocks and reef makes a roaring sound like thunder, it’s a majestic scene.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Great masters conceal themselves and their power to subdue enemies, Master comprehended this at age 50.

ygCR7JD.jpg

Next location is the bridge.

qUAjXVS.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is the Hanging Bridge in the Sunset. Back then, Xiao Yao Zi got engaged with his better half on this bridge.

K6kLgfN.jpg
If love between two people can last for an age, why do they need to stay together night and day?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Wei, young as you are, you have a profound understanding of emotions.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Women are always attracted by romances and tend to reflect on it more.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master often brings us here to savor the zanshin.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Zanshin?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master’s used to saying: during fights, the constantly changing situation makes you lack time to consider the details. But one needs to be vigilant to the counterattack after striking.

BL2wmwI.jpg

Last location is near Hu.

KQDkbax.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Xiaoyao valley is as ethereal and unreal at the fairyland. That stupid monkey won’t ever be satisfied living in such a wonderful place, he has no idea how lucky he is.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Seems Miss Wei is still angry at Ji)

HKpwBf8.jpg
Not really… Ji has suffered from rhinopathy since childhood and was always sneezing, he couldn’t even smell a thing when symptoms got worse. Only with learning Internal Style and care of Doctor Miracle is he finally getting rid of that illness.

K6kLgfN.jpg
No wonder he’s got a red nose, totally like a monkey’s red buttock.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Wei, Ji means well though he’s impetuous. About that incident at the tavern, please accept my apologies on his behalf. Hopefully you can cut him some slack.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alright! As long as he doesn’t look down on women anymore I won’t quarrel with him. It is only for you that I’m making such a compromise.

HKpwBf8.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Actually the landscape here happens to coincide with the essence of our Internal Style.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Reality or dream… if I assume correctly, your martial arts originate from Taoism.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Indeed.

9IgCJ5e.jpg

Wei Ziling can be introduced to Hu to receive a special item.

p2jvIP5.jpg

YySfNQD.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hu, am I a new friend?

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Miss Wei, of course. I will appreciate it if you can take care of my two young masters.

A banquet gives 5000 experience to the entire party.

BvOb9Iq.jpg

There’s one more spot to visit, outside the valley.

eLObZie.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you!

Endemic

Arcane
Looks fun, but I can't help noticing how awkwardly translated some lines are in this series.

"No wonder he’s got a red nose, totally like a monkey’s red buttock." and "I'll show you around when it's still early." for example :P

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part X: Dr Strange

Gu and Wei Ziling end up in a rather foreboding place.

X8QOV4n.jpg

Wei Zilings turns out to be a poison sperg.

WewvAmL.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Lady Wei is still young… but whoever lives here must love peace and quiet. We’d better leave soon lest we disturb that lady.)

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s my carelessness that got us here, we’d better leave.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Leave? Why? This is fairyland!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fairyland?

uEKni9g.jpg

EuIZV3o.jpg

cXke0pu.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
The toxicity is quite different now. If bitten, a man will be paralyzed within three steps and die within twenty breaths without antidote.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(I never heard her family knew about toxic creatures, how does she…)

K6kLgfN.jpg
But to a real venom master, it’s like going for wool and coming home shorn.

Wei’s sperging attracts the attention of the inhabitant.

tHJRcAd.jpg

qOVKrMl.jpg

4lQYOnJ.jpg

hSeSK3e.jpg
You’re really something, continue.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The two kinds of toxicity conflict with each other. When mixed, the paralysis allows to buy time and to get help. So it confuses me why one would want to slow the effects.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Humph, I see no reason to explain it to others. But… your depth of knowledge is beyond my expectation.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Since when does Xiaoyao valley teach about poisons?

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
No, I’m not from Xiaoyao valley. A friend… of my father is venom master and I don’t like my father’s martial arts, so I learnt from him a little bit.

hSeSK3e.jpg
A little bit? Knowing the toxicity conflict between Goldstring Toad and Deinagkistrodon is far from “a little bit”. Did you come here today just to embarrass me? There are poisonous creatures all around here, how many do you know?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Pardon me, it was my negligence to trespass here and disturb you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, why are you groveling? That’s not our style. But since you asked…

K6kLgfN.jpg
The various poisonous creatures around here may scare ordinary people. But, in my opinion, these little creatures are nothing to be in awe of.

hSeSK3e.jpg
You really talk big. Let me give you a test.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Wei… why not…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, she asked first! Come on!

hSeSK3e.jpg
Have you heard about Colored Snow-spider?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Easy peasy. The colored snow-spider is native to snowy mountains of Tibet. Fierce and greedy, it bites the flesh and won’t stop sucking blood until satisfied.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But it fears bees, especially the Jade Bee of Ancient Tomb Sect. The apitoxin can soften the toxicity of Colored snow-spider.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Humph… looks like you’re the real deal.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I was expecting some truly difficult questions, what’s next?

hSeSK3e.jpg
I have a question nobody but me knows the answer to.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t be so certain about that.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Do you know how to cultivate the Seven-colored Overlord?

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s the secret of Poisonous Dragon Sect and only recorded in the Compendium of Toxicants. It’s cunning of you to ask a question like that.

hSeSK3e.jpg
What a coincidence, I happen to know the answer.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Then why don’t you enlighten me?

hSeSK3e.jpg
Humph! You want to know? I can only tell you that the key rests with people.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nonsense! I don’t believe it! Unless… you have the Compendium of Toxicants in your possession.

hSeSK3e.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(“Medicine-Yaksha of Seven Seas”, Chen Lirui the “Arachnid King” and Gu Man the “Pretty Enra” are all acquainted with her family. I wonder from which master she learnt all this.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah! You’re mistaken. I learn venom arts for self-protection. In Wulin one should proceed with caution.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Besides, all medicine has different levels of poisonous effects. People only know venom will lead to death, but with the appropriate dose it can also save people’s lives. Medicine is not the only way.

HKpwBf8.jpg
That never occurred to me, I’ve learnt a lot.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Medicine skill is indeed not the only way, quite right. But I don’t like strangers, don’t disturb me anymore.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What a tantrum!

HKpwBf8.jpg
We’d better leave. Sorry for the disturbance, Lady Shen.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Her family name is Shen?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, she’s Doctor Miracle’s…

hSeSK3e.jpg
Gu Yuexuan, hold your tongue!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, we shall leave right now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph, stubborn and bad-tempered, she must be a perfect match for Jing Ji.

HKpwBf8.jpg

Shen Lan won’t mind if her snakes are used for a bit of training.

CXJp3Q2.jpg

CO5hS4P.jpg

ZFJWjl5.jpg

Wei Ziling’s first martial skill acts along a line… compared with the autocrit from sneak attacking it can be very effective.

7IwtqGz.jpg

BYiwfFY.jpg

There’s also a cauldron around but Shen Lan is mindful of it.

0XVuhUU.jpg

kwOGazI.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is that so?

XdEFoKt.jpg

Anyway, next stop is Luoyang city.

Ou8rrWW.jpg

skXXXzC.jpg

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks fun, but I can't help noticing how awkwardly translated some lines are in this series.

"No wonder he’s got a red nose, totally like a monkey’s red buttock." and "I'll show you around when it's still early." for example :P

Look like a machine translation all the way.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XI: Queen of the Night

Gu and Ziling arrive in a bustling Luoyang.

fgyP6Yv.jpg

VVIIQOt.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
So different from Xiaoyao valley…

K6kLgfN.jpg
This is the first time I see you surprised!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe, don’t laugh now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I won’t. It would be too boring if you always keep that serious face.

Some retarts are trying to ruin the festive atmosphere.

qeeWo0W.jpg

7Kcvysv.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, are they going to fight? Let’s go check out who’s better.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Clan of Heaven’s Sword and the Clan of Matchless Broadsword are always at each other’s throat…

rI2dbQ1.jpg

IkMv15O.jpg

C2aEnLx.jpg
Now that’s the real bullshit! Every year’s Fireworks Festival is divided by the third stone counting from the west side, and now you’re saying we stole your place?

7LJIoz4.jpg
Monkey Xia, Luoyang has repaved the road, so this new road stone moved two inches!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Wei, we should go and talk them out of it instead.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The Blades Clan has been divided for decades… it has been this way for generations, what can mere outsiders do? Gu, there are some new snacks, let’s go buy some!

7LJIoz4.jpg
Who are you? Are you not taking the Clan of Heaven’s Sword seriously? Or are you thinking we are the same as that idiot Monkey Xia?

C2aEnLx.jpg
Hey, Pig Ximen. If we the Clan of Matchless Broadsword are idiots, then you are only worse.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I didn’t say it, you said it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Just stop now, Wei.

7LJIoz4.jpg
You’re dead meat!

C2aEnLx.jpg
Lady, I can’t let you disrespect me like that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiahou, Ximen, brothers, this is the daughter of Senior Wei Bao, she is young and it’s her first time here, so please forgive her.

C2aEnLx.jpg
Daughter of Senior Wei?

7LJIoz4.jpg
If that is true, I will just let it go this one time. I wasn’t going to pick a fight with a woman anyway.

The magic words…

IoXxpKR.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Shit… that hit the spot.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
You think women are lesser beings? Sorry, Gu, I intend to challenge the Blades Clan.

C2aEnLx.jpg
The Blades Clan is no more, the Clan of Matchless Broadsword will never stand the Clan of Heaven’s Sword! I can’t let you disrespect our names like that even if you are the daughter of Senior Wei!

7LJIoz4.jpg
That was what I wanted to say, Monkey Xia! Please step aside, Gu, let me teach this brat a lesson.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Wei is a guest of Xiaoyao valley, her business is my business. If you still intend to continue, then you must forgive me. Let’s go!

C2aEnLx.jpg
I heard about your victory on last Young Heroes Contest, I have always wanted to see your skills with my own eyes!

Ffo1Ps6.jpg

l7Jyh3r.jpg

rsvfNWL.jpg

t999pQJ.jpg

Ximen Feng can be troublesome since he can dish out some serious damage. Plus he's buffed for this fight.

W6Irs3G.jpg

Normally one’d want to take him out asap, but he’s complemented well by Xiahou Fei, a defensive character who tanks hits for Ximen.

fxYBhPH.jpg

So, just take out Xiahou first, on his own Ximen Feng is not dangerous.

anGJIKT.jpg

Wei Ziling’s sneak attacks are key here.

fK47r4C.jpg

wPSccLV.jpg

rxZ495K.jpg

Ximen Feng actually pulled off some Dual Strikes but Gu can take some damage. With Xiahou down he’s down in two turns.

kPDavaE.jpg

JZpwKVb.jpg

hZ9sIXP.jpg

C2aEnLx.jpg
Haha! It felt good to practice with you! I thought I had improved myself, but you are still better than me.

Xiahou Fei is an okay bro tbh.

7LJIoz4.jpg
Why are you using all those tricks, not your Lance and 24 Quan?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The lance is too heavy for me to wield, an 24 Quan is too ugly. But my Leg arte was designed for me by my father so it is also the arte of House Wei.

After the fight there is some surprise.

AVHTrOy.jpg

ZLv6P4y.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What is this smell?

K6kLgfN.jpg
… No! Hold your breath!

rcgXXRJ.jpg

Poison sperg Wei Ziling is the only one left standing.

lsISyDw.jpg

OSvw9Bv.jpg

Gu tries to resist, to no avail.

J3iVDU5.jpg

9UetMO8.jpg
Ha! Still moving? Your inner force is strong.

C2aEnLx.jpg
Who… who are you, using these kinds of dirty tricks…

It’s what wymyn do, breh.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Just… do what you want… But… I know a thing or two about venom, yet I still can’t recognize this sandalwood and wine smell… what kind of venom did you use?

Ziling stalls for time by means of a poison pissing contest.

7LJIoz4.jpg
Don’t talk to her!

9UetMO8.jpg
Save it, little girl. I’ll only tell you my poison has a very long lasting effect.

9UetMO8.jpg
We Feng Du lured out the most of the martial artists in Luoyang city. Our plan was to capture these two brats of the Clan of Matchless Broadsword and Heaven’s Sword to use as hostages. I never thought we could also have the disciple of Xiaoyao valley.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Feng Du…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Since you seem to have prepared for everything, surely we can’t escape… why don’t you just tell us about your venom, just to kill time?

9UetMO8.jpg
Where are you from? Your accent is not Hmong or Sichuan, but not many sects use venom… but no matter, we will get that out of you when we get back.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sister, poison to venom users is like wine to a drunk, please forgive me if I am troubling you with the endless questions.

9UetMO8.jpg
Damn brat… fine, I’ll tell you, my venom is called Specter incense, originating from “muscle disablement power”. Although mine is not as strong as that one, it can be spread in the form of smoke, merely smelling it is enough.

K6kLgfN.jpg
My goodness… and here I thought you were using some good stuff, but not this kind of lame crap.

9UetMO8.jpg
Watch your mouth!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Am I wrong? You and I both know about muscle disablement power… because after the original formula was lost, only idiots just use alcohol and the incomplete version of the venom to create this “specter incense”.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The effect is in the alcohol… the effect will take off very fast but it works both ways. The effect will go away in half an hour and even faster if you’re an arte master.

9UetMO8.jpg
Humph, you still need at least 45 minutes, enough time for me to cut up your pretty face!

Luckily, Shinji comes flying to save the day.

fcg4ON1.jpg

RsOeW8M.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I knew you would come to save me, like a good brother.

9UetMO8.jpg
So I missed you… young man, this has nothing to do with you.

sSBLVww.jpg
This is Xiaoyao valley’s business from now on…

sSBLVww.jpg
Give me the antidote, and you can walk away freely!

9UetMO8.jpg
Alright alright, just put away the sword first…

K6kLgfN.jpg
We don’t need an antidote for this, just finish her first!

7LJIoz4.jpg
Jing Ji, kill this witch for good!

9UetMO8.jpg
Wait… don’t kill me, they forced me to do it!

sSBLVww.jpg
Shut up! Don’t think you can fool me that easily!

9UetMO8.jpg
I’m not, I was controlled by Feng Du with Vicious Poison, I could only do what they wanted.

sSBLVww.jpg

9UetMO8.jpg
Actually, I was from E’mei, I was violated by an evil man during a quest and got rejected by my master, that’s how I ended up being controlled by Feng Du in the end.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(E’mei… is she the one Shui is looking for?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t trust her! Similar things have happened to E’mei before, the sect is very tolerant towards disciples who are violated…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji doesn’t tend to kill so impulsively.

C2aEnLx.jpg
Careful, she may use venom again, this vicious bitch…

7LJIoz4.jpg
Kill the evil bitch!

sSBLVww.jpg
Enough! I’ll be my own judge!

In the end, Shinji predictable fails.

q8GuO9z.jpg

GV72UAS.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg

QDC18mu.jpg

Pjq0kvj.jpg

9UetMO8.jpg
Hey!

tQYqPIK.jpg

YualzyK.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Damn, you lied to me!

KgCDFR9.jpg

However a new player enters the field to correct Shinji’s blunder.`

oui8URJ.jpg

4AJX9FB.jpg

Nine Yin gets away anyway.

Bei2Elv.jpg

6uhcf5o.jpg

DCCrhxn.jpg

The three are invited to an audience at Jiang’s mansion.

YLm4z9r.jpg

Ziling takes the piss out of Shinji.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Typical man, acting tough but hesitating when push comes to shove.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Have you ever considered after letting her escape, how many innocent people will die?

sSBLVww.jpg
I…

K6kLgfN.jpg
What, speechless? It’s due to your hesitation and inconsideration that…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Wei, didn’t Ji show up in time and save us? And as you can see, that woman didn’t even bring out her best, even if Ji had tried, he wouldn’t have killed her that easily.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Morever, our master has always taught us to respect life. Whether me or Ji, neither will truly harm anyone badly.

K6kLgfN.jpg

Jiang Tianxiong has some good information.

bj5utyw.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We dare not.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Uncle Jiang. I am Wei Ziling. I send regards to you on behalf of my father.

hrPDaar.jpg
Niece Wei. It’s been a long time since I met with your father. Hehe, you’ve really grown up and become a charming lady. Your father must be very happy.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Stop making fun of me, Uncle Jiang.

hrPDaar.jpg
Hehe! Let’s get down to business first, I have some information to tell you.

hrPDaar.jpg
Half a month ago, I was chasing a bunch of thieves and while passing through Hangzhou, I came across someone sneaking around Golden Wind Security Escorts. I was worried that they might harm the master of the escorts so I secretly stunned them outside the city and I got this Confidential Letter from them.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Confidential letter?

hrPDaar.jpg
This Confidential Letter is closely related to Wulin survival.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is it… is it about the conflict between the big sects?

hrPDaar.jpg
You are clever. I heard you are looking in this matter too, that’s why I invited you here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Uncle Jiang, did the Confidential Letter mention anything?

hrPDaar.jpg
According to the letter, a secret organization sent out lots of agents as pretend members of the Cult of Tianlong and Feng Du in order to incite them to fight with each other. They used the same trick to secretly infiltrate other sects and arouse their suspicion to each other.

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s what happened to String-Sword Manor…

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s unforgivable.

sSBLVww.jpg
Now that we have the letter, do we know the man behind all this?

lepU6Wk.jpg

… I can actually read this, but still… what u doin translator breh.

The places mentioned are House of Duke Said, Black Bat Cove, Willow Manor, Villains’ Valley, Nameless Grave.

hrPDaar.jpg
The words “Heaven’s Will Unstoppable” were referred to repeatedly, I’m guessing that’s their code word.

sSBLVww.jpg
“Heaven’s Will Unstoppable”, humph! So cocky! Do they think they can be in charge of everything in the world? Let’s go and teach these arrogant bastards.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t get so excited.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* Ji, I called you a monkey and it seems you’re really thinking you are one?

sSBLVww.jpg
What do you mean?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Where are you going to teach them this lesson?

sSBLVww.jpg
But… aren’t the places mentioned in the letter? Let’s just check one by one, and we will find leads.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yes, there are five places mentioned in the letter, but do you know where they are? Even though you’d like to get yourself killed, you need to know where the places are, right?

sSBLVww.jpg
I, I…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Moreover, if things were so simple, consider Uncle Jiang who’s infinitely better than you both in kung fu and in reputation as Great Xia? Why do you think Uncle Jiang is staying put?

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

hrPDaar.jpg
Hehe! I didn’t expect my niece to be so persuasive! Jing Ji is a little impulsive yet upright.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, we won’t let those who jeopardize the safety of Wulin go free, yet this is a matter of great import, we need a plan. What’s your opinion on this, Great Xia Jiang?

hrPDaar.jpg
As far as I am concerned, we do now know who they are but the Confidential Letter didn’t indicate the five places clearly, so what we can do is rather limited. I think the first thing to do is to inform every sect of this situation so they won’t be incited.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Good point, let us help you with this matter.

hrPDaar.jpg
Hehe! I was planning to suggest that. Here’s a letter written by myself, you can deliver it to every sect as a token.

hrPDaar.jpg
Meanwhile, I will continue to send people to search for the secret organization and keep you posted.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you so much, the leads mentioned in the letter will be a great help.

hrPDaar.jpg
You flatter me, it’s just that this matter is related to the safety of Wulin and as a member of it, I shall spare no expense.

hrPDaar.jpg
I still have some business to tend to, so I won’t have you here for meals.

HKpwBf8.jpg
And we should take off now.

hrPDaar.jpg
Niece Wei, send regards to your father for me, I will surely pay a visit and have a nice drink.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe! Uncle Jiang, I am afraid not, my father hasn’t been well recently, instead I will make you some tea and cook some tasty dishes for you.

hrPDaar.jpg
Hahaha! Alright, deal.

That’s the end to a long day; the next morning the three return to Xiaoyao valley.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
DCCrhxn.jpg

ice burn :lol:

good to see that Ximen Feng is once again being the local #1 punching bag

RK47

Patron
eugh... still sad to see Tale of Wuxia latest chinese patch not translated to english.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom