Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Let's play Tale of Wuxia Zero

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by abnaxus, Oct 13, 2019.

1. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    The game takes place some years before Tale of Wuxia.

Show Spoiler

Basically the game immediately throws you in the thick of it.

One might recognize some old friends/enemies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a lot of taunting you are presented with the choice of picking Feng Du or Tianlong… picking Feng Du and winning the battle gives the best boons for the two main characters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ao Guang is p. weak, he’ s left at the back.

[​IMG]

Mengpo has the interesting “hide in plain sight” ability, with the bonus of an autocrit if she leaves the stealth and attacks. She has various deadly ranged skills.

[​IMG]

Bang can heal which is useful here.

[​IMG]

Raksa is not as strong as Asura of Tianlong, but still p. gud.

[​IMG]

As for enemies, something to look out for this battle is Yaksha’s ability of confusing an enemy when she’s defeated.

[​IMG]

The battle is not easy (prolly even overwhelming for a new player) but can be won. Using the big guy Yama’s AoE will severely hurt if not outright kill the lesser Tianlong cronies. Then the rest of Feng Du can mop up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After 3 rounds only Niggaraja and Yaksha are left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It still takes some work to take Niggaraja down, funnily Mengpo is possessed upon Yaksha’s defeat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eventually, victory is assured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the actual game can begin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part II: Deferred departure

Show Spoiler

Back in Xiaoyao valley Gu meets with Wuxia Zi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next dialogue option determines Gu’s starting martial skills; the finger skills are good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Very well, as expected you don’t disappoint me.

[​IMG] Let’s get down to business. Do you remember my friend ‘Peerless Sword and Qin’ Xiao Haoshuang – Master of String-Sword Manor?

[​IMG] I do. Before the new year Master Xiao spent almost half a month in the valley with you and Celestial Melody. His superior Qin, sword technique and chivalry is well-known yet he is still easy-going. During that time I’ve sought advice from him several times and learnt a lot about martial arts.

[​IMG] Indeed! Even Ji often learnt from him secretly, hehe! He thought I wouldn’t know that!

[​IMG] Ji’s obsessed with the technique of sword and blade, naturally he wouldn’t let the chance go by. But why do you suddenly bring up something about Master Xiao?

[​IMG] *sigh* Have you heard about the “Acquittal Period”?

[​IMG] You mean the escalation of the feud between the sects of Tianlong and Feng Du which led the Imperial Court to overlook the killing?

[​IMG] That’s right, I always feel it’s not some ordinary conflict and someone may be adding fuel to the fire from behind the curtain… have you noticed anything unusual?

[​IMG] Since you put it that way, I am somewhat confused. Though the conflict’s only between two sects, some innocent sects are getting involved, and even many civilians.

[​IMG] Even civilians? Then how could officials remain indifferent?

[​IMG] That’s the strange part. Not only do officials ignore it, they also issued a secret order, commanding local authorities to ignore all killings for one month… that’s why the people refer to it as “acquittal period”.

[​IMG] It turns out to be like this… *sigh* let’s just put this aside. The letter Xiao sent me the other day mentioned String-Sword Manor might be targeted as some suspicious people hung around. The letter warns us to be cautious as well, as our sect may also become a target.

[​IMG] But ordinary villains cannot trespass Xiaoyao Valley since we’ve got mysterious traps and Master Xiao also must know that… perhaps the truth of the letter is that String-Sword Manor is dealing with some vicious enemies and asks for help.

[​IMG] That’s also what I’m thinking. Gu, becoming the champion of Young Heroes Contest was a great achievement. Therefore I entrust to you the task of assisting String-Sword Manor, and at the same time investigating what’s behind this Acquittal Period.

[​IMG] Yes, Master.

At long last Shinji shows up too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I’m coming too! I can’t let this chance go by!

[​IMG] You’re still too young. When Gu left the valley it wasn’t for fun.

[​IMG] Humph! I’ve made great progress but ran into a bottleneck. Maybe going out and getting a few fights would solve the problem.

[​IMG] Bottleneck? I’ve been practicing martial arts for decades and never ran into any bottleneck! You’re just a dabbler!

[​IMG] Tch! You’re really tooting your own horn.

[​IMG] Master, Ji has been making some progress recently, so why not…

[​IMG] See, even Gu says so.

[​IMG] He always indulges you, how could he go against your wishes?

[​IMG] Humph!

[​IMG] Alright, maybe it’s time for you to go out. And you can’t cause much trouble with Gu around.

[​IMG] Trouble? How can you say that!

[​IMG] Do you still want to go out or not?

[​IMG] Yes!

[​IMG] Since we’ve got the chance, I do want to witness your recent progress.

[​IMG] That’s fine, I can show you my new martial arts.

[​IMG] Hehe, watch out, Jing Ji.

[​IMG]

Shinji is obviously no match for Gu.

[​IMG]

I like the finger skills since they are ranged and Gu isn’t a very mobile character. He can still learn plenty of fist skills anyways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only reason Shinji isn’t defeated in two rounds is because he has an ability that makes him survive another round upon defeat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] It’s due to all his hard work.

[​IMG] Humph! You betcha.

[​IMG] Don’t be self-conceited! Astonishing progress in a short time results from your talents and diligence. However, bear in mind there’s always someone better than you.

[​IMG] Stop! Save the lecturing! I’m really suffering.

[​IMG] Humph! You’re blessed to be receiving invaluable advice from your master! How could that be suffering!

[​IMG] Rest assured, master. My might would be more than doubled with Ji’s help. We’ll get things settled as soon as possible.

[​IMG] It’s the first time for Jing Ji, act with caution and determination. There’s something fishy about this Acquittal Period. You two should think twice before acting and adhere to justice.

[​IMG] I’ll bear that in mind.

[​IMG] I get it.

[​IMG] I’ve already told Hu to prepare something for you two for the journey. Remember to find Hu in the Northern Valley before setting off.

[​IMG] (even though Master spoke harshly, deep in his heart he already permitted Ji to go, otherwise one supply would have sufficed)

[​IMG] The most urgent task is you two heading northwest to the String-Sword Manor.

[​IMG] Yes, Master.

Let’s take a look at Gu and Shinji.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gu’s starting talent is the following:

[​IMG]

Because Feng Du won the prologue battle he also gets this:

[​IMG]

Shinji’s starting talent is the following:

[​IMG]

Because Feng Du won the prologue battle he also gets this:

[​IMG]

Martial and internal styles need to be practiced, i.e. using them in battles levels them up from 1 to 10 granting additional boons along the way like more health or better stats. A character can learn 12 martial styles and 6 internal styles in total.

it’s worth checking out all the buildings in Xiaoyao valley.

[​IMG]

There’s a fatass intruder in the small house serving as guest house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Who are you?

[​IMG] Thief! For what purpose did you come to Xiaoyao valley?

[​IMG] Trespassing Xiaoyao valley! How dare you!

The fatass throws some hidden weapons and escapes through the window, leaving behind a book.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Melon seeds, seems like he used the Shower of Shooting Stars or Tangmen clan Great Sanshou Techniques. It’s a pity I can’t tell the difference.

[​IMG] This weirdo came out of nowhere. This butterball is quite agile.

[​IMG] Mysterious traps have been set in Xiaoyao valley and ordinarily one can’t get through. How did this mean sneak in without anyone knowing? Fortunately he seemed to mean no harm…

[​IMG] I didn’t even get a look at his face. Don’t worry, maybe he’s just a coward thief who happens to have some skills.

[​IMG] He’s lame in martial arts. Next time I’ll kick his ass.

[​IMG] It seems he didn’t steal anything. Now that he’s run off, we’d better warn Hu about this.

[​IMG] Got it.

The book is a useful item.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Is this… Wulin Compendium?

[​IMG] Wulin Compendium? What’s that?

[​IMG] It is said that it contains tips for learning Kung Fu written by Nobody the Hero, it is also the prize for winning the Young Heroes Contest.

[​IMG] I see. The old man said that the champion of Young Heroes Contest can choose one prize. You chose five ailments-cleansing pellets. You gave me and the old man two pellets each, and the last one to Hu. You didn’t keep one for yourself.

[​IMG] I can’t practice my skills without your support. My title of champion belongs to you.

[​IMG] Ha! Anyway, that fat man didn’t look like a champion at all. I wonder where he got that.

[​IMG] (Who on earth is he?)

Anyway, the Wulin Compendium can be equipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the room is also an easy to miss spider quest item that can be picked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is actually rife with these “hidden” items to be picked up, often it takes extreme pixel hunting to find them. But certain party members have talents that will highlight them making them much easier to find.

The next house seems to be the tea/calligraphy/chess room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There’s a painting here that Gu can’t do anything with yet.

[​IMG]

The next house may belong to Gu. There’s a quest item book here to pick up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] This is…

[​IMG] What book? Kung fu art book? I don’t want to watch if it’s not. Not interested.

[​IMG] I’m sorry to disappoint you. This belongs to Master Xiao of String-Sword Manor. Maybe he forgot the last time he was here.

[​IMG] Master Xiao?

[​IMG] Yes… we shouldn’t read it without the owner’s permission. Let’s take it and give it back to the people of String-Sword Manor when we’re there.

[​IMG]

Hu is in the northern part of Xiao valley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hu is the servant of Xiao Valley but also a capable fighter in his own right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks, Hu.

[​IMG] It is too heavy and uncomfortable, I don’t want to wear it.

[​IMG] It is made of centenarian vines, so it is tough and difficult to damage. Jianghu is dangerous, you’d better wear it to protect yourself.

[​IMG] Pshaw! My martial arts always progresses. Offense is the best defense, you just need to beat the shit out of others.

[​IMG] Ji, Master knows you don’t like wearing clothes.

[​IMG] Don’t make me sound like an exhibitionist!

[​IMG] Hu’s just concerned. You have progressed these years, but you should know there’s no limit if you look up. If you meet a real master, you may even have no chance to attack.

[​IMG] Your martial arts are really good, old man… but Master’s martial arts are much more impressive… I am afraid no one can match him. But your movements are difficult for me to see. I don’t believe there’s someone better than you.

[​IMG] (Master only uses 30% of his strength to fight us. And he takes care to be quiet and inactive these last years, he didn’t use his full strength for a long time).

[​IMG] (If because of this, Ji looks down upon other heroes, that is too bad).

[​IMG] Hehe. Would you like to practice with me before leaving? See it as training.

[​IMG] Eh? Hu, I know you are good at blacksmithing but I lived here for so long and I’ve never seen you use martial arts.

[​IMG] (picks up a blade and flicks it) I have not used a blade for many years, I don’t know whether I’m rusty. Come on.

If Shinji does well enough, he gets a martial arts scroll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hu, I never thought you were so impressive.

[​IMG] Thanks. It’s already been 20 years, otherwise I wouldn’t have used the blade.

[​IMG] 20 years?

[​IMG] When I was young, I did a lot of bad things with my martial arts. If I hadn’t met Master, I would still harm the world.

[​IMG] My broadsword technique was handed down from the older generations of my family. My family has a rule: if you practice the broadsword technique well and do good things, then you can inherit the title of Yidao.

As for as I know, yidao “一道” means “one”.

[​IMG] Hu Yidao? The title is wildly arrogant, but I like it. And then?

[​IMG] Master gave me a few pointers, I felt regret for what I did. I was using it in the wrong way. So I sword to never use the broadsword technique for 17 years.

[​IMG] But you just said 20 years.

[​IMG] One night 4 years ago, when Master was out, strong enemies came to the valley. You were asleep then, I couldn’t fight them all alone…

[​IMG] Fortunately Hu helped me and repelled the enemies, otherwise I don’t know how bad it could’ve been.

[​IMG] That time was 1 years from the promised date. So I broke the promise, even though the situation forced me. So I added 3 years to it.

[​IMG] Gu! You knew about Hu’s martial arts, but kept this from me.

[​IMG] You know it now, don’t you?

[​IMG] It is getting late, you’d better depart early.

[​IMG] Hu, since you won today, I will put on this rattan armor. But I will win some day, then I’ll give it back to you.

[​IMG] Hehe, everyone thinks highly of you, and so do I. I look forward to that day.

[​IMG] Right, Ji, the blade I made for you last time is still in decent shape?

[​IMG] Pretty good, it is still sharp til now.

[​IMG] Next time, I can make a better one for you. If you find some rare minerals on the road, brng them to me. I have seen some special weapons, maybe I can make some for you.

[​IMG] Great! That’s a deal. We’re leaving.

[​IMG] Hu, please take care of our Master.

[​IMG] It is my duty. Take care of yourselves.

Shinji gained a scroll from Hu but needs to increase an attribute first to be able to use it.

[​IMG]

The ratton armor is a basic starting armor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The building near Hu is the kitchen, inside is some fish to pick up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hu seems to be possessed by a devil… the smell of salt fish is disgusting… and terrifying. Maybe one or two are still edible…

[​IMG]

Outside are more elusive items to be found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the ore Hu spoke about is on the way down. Hu needs 10 to be able to craft something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last building in the valley is the common room.

[​IMG]

Inside is Ji the cat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Haha, it seems like Ji is hungry.

[​IMG] Its name is not Ji! I told you so many times! I can’t tell which Ji you are calling!

[​IMG] Anyway, did Hu feed Ji today? Ji is so capricious and eats only pickled salted fish. If you have something he likes, just give it to him. He will be very happy.

Giving Ji the salted fish from the kitchen will make him bring Gu various stuff. Including a quest item.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Eh? Where did you get this book, Ji? Celestial Melody and Elegant Music? This belongs to senior Celestial Melody! She was looking for it just before and you took it unexpectedly! You shouldn’t do that, Ji.

[​IMG] Anyway, I should give this back to senior Celestial Melody as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

There’s also a Qin in the room that Gu can’t do anything with yet.

[​IMG]

There are also some meat buns to be picked up… you never know, these may become handy in some quest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upstairs is clearly Shinji’s room… he can get a martial arts book here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Eh? That’s the basics of Xiaoyao swordsmanship and broadsword techniques the old man taught me before. I haven’t learnt all the moves of them.

[​IMG] You are learning these two skills together and have to avoid practicing them separately. Yet everything you learn originates from these two skills, so don’t neglect the basics.

[​IMG] OK, I will remember that, I will bring this art book with me and read it time and time again. Anyway, what’s in the art book, Xiaoyao broadsword techniques or Xiaoyao swordsmanship?

We need to choose between getting a sword or broadsword book.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes, the trick of this move is arm practice, without exercise this can’t be mastered.

Shinji needs to increase arm strength to be able to learn it.

[​IMG]

The last thing to be found in the valley is an elusive snake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to set off at last.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part III: Maniac Manor

Show Spoiler

We now have access to the world map but the only location that’s open is String-Sword Manor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There’s something rotten in the manor… literally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] It’s… the odor of putrification.

[​IMG] Odor of putrification? We can still smell it even this far away, how many people have died?

[​IMG] The smell is so intense that the String-Sword Manor must have suffered massive casualties. Ji, let’s go inside and find out if there are still… survivors.

[​IMG]

Up ahead are some Feng Du mooks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jesus Christ? Bit of a strange translation.

The regular Feng Du are nothing special but they have an annoying pulling attack that can be troublesome when they’re in large numbers.

[​IMG]

Gu and Shinji just need to follow the path, taking out Feng Du as they go.

[​IMG]

Some of the Feng Du drop wisdom fruit, a very useful item to level up skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wisdom fruit is a good way to quickly level up internal styles. At a certain level Gu’s basic internal style will gain “Protect”, a very useful ability to protect glass cannons like Shinji.

When Shinji maxes out his starting Internal style he gains “Killing Momentum”, a must-have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the bridge is a bigger group of Feng Du scum.

[​IMG]

The eight immortals skill has great range and is a good opener to shut down a mook at the start of battle with the statis effect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bit further on is a group of four but it’s just a warming up battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up the stairs is the head honcho. With the son of the master of the manor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You’re full of crap, I’ll send you to hell now. Your flesh seems nice, it must be first-rate material for puppets. I happen to have lost several copper cadaver puppets, yours will be a good replacement.

Gu and Shinji arrive in the nick of time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Who dares to interfere?!

[​IMG] Xiao , are you well?

[​IMG] Um… I can tough it out, I must avenge my father.

[​IMG] There are survivors of String-sword manor?

[​IMG] You killed all these people?

[​IMG] Of course! I’m the Puppet Husk of Feng Du, you can sue me right in Enra’s face.

[​IMG] … You’re not from Feng Du. The Master of Feng Du claims himself to be Enra, so his followers don’t directly call this name to show respect. Who the hell are you? Today I’ll enforce justice on behalf of heaven.

Enra? Maybe it's supposed to be Enenra.

[​IMG] And so do I!

[​IMG] Hehe! Seems today is my lucky day, so many people want to be my puppet!

[​IMG] That’s just your wishful thinking.

[​IMG] Someone speaks tough. Be patient, you two are the next on my list when I’m done with him.

[​IMG] Don’t bother, I’ll live long and well. Here’s your free ticket to death.

[​IMG] Hehehe, hopefully your weapons are sharp enough.

[​IMG] Cut the crap, take this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The puppet husk is protected by his puppets, who will take a hit for him if he’s targeted directly. The puppets will also protect each other, which can be exploited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The puppet husk has annoying poison internal style and poison martial skills.

[​IMG]

After taking out the puppets the puppet husk is fair game. Xiao Fu has healing skill so this battle isn’t too troublesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The puppet husk drops some goodies but this is not the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Humph! You are cornered yet still so cocky! Watch this!

[​IMG] Ji! Wait!

The puppet husk using some cloning technique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You think I’m out of moves already? I am just playing with you. Come, and I will break your hands and legs…

[​IMG]

However unexpectedly some Imperial BAMFs show up.

[​IMG]

The puppets get one-shotted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Where did the Imperial Guards come from? You dare to interrupt me? … This is the acquittal period, there are no rules and law! This was the secret order delivered by the Emperor himself! Did the Imperial Court back off or something?

[​IMG] Humph, Huaishi, the Emperor allows you to kill each other freely, yet didn’t allow you to get your hands on men of the Imperial Court.

Huaishi (坏事) means something like 'evil one'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] All right! Now that I got the body of Xiao, there’s no hurry, I’ll get you later!

[​IMG] Don’t go! *cough*

The puppet husk runs off like a little pussy. Xiao runs off to follow him.

[​IMG] Xiao!

[​IMG] Commander You! I shall leave first, I can’t let that evil bastard get away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] And who are you? We don’t have to tell someone who doesn’t reveal his own identity!

[​IMG] Ji, he saved us, don’t be rude!

[​IMG] I am Gu Yuexuan from Xiayao valley, this is my brother in training Jing Ji, thank you so much for saving us, senior!

[​IMG] I am Imperial Guard Commander, You Jin. I didn’t intend to save you this time, I’ve heard that the master of Xiayao valley is a hermit. I hope you two don’t get involved in Jianghu matters and return to your valley.

[​IMG] You…

[​IMG] Commander You, wait, I want to ask you something…

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] The conflict between the Cult of Tianlong and Feng Du is becoming worse and worse, several sects were slaughtered, what was the point of the Acquittal Period ordered by the Imperial Court?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Don’t you understand? It is said that “The scholar interferes with the law with knowledge and the Xia breaks the law with martial arts”. The Jianghu forces have always been a thorn in the Imperial Court’s side.

[​IMG] Now all the sects are either greatly weakened or slaughtered, which is in the best interest of the Emperor. Don’t you understand?

[​IMG] But… but many innocent people died in this too!

[​IMG] The order of the Imperial Court is beyond discussion, we can only obey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I am not without emotions, you two risked your lives to save String-Sword Manor, which is very impressive.

[​IMG] I also come from Jianghu… though I can’t deploy the Imperial Guard to stop this, I can do something privately to help with this. After the Acquittal Period, I shall help with everything I have.

[​IMG] If so, I should thank Commander You first!

[​IMG] Don’t trust him so easily, Gu, you don’t know if he really means it!

[​IMG] Ji, Commander You saved us, I don’t believe he is someone not true to his words.

[​IMG] Heh… you can decide whether I’m trustworthy or not. I should meet up with my colleague.

[​IMG] Wait, are you going to chase the evil guy?

[​IMG] Yes, so what?

[​IMG] Gu, let’s go together!

[​IMG] You are right. If we are of any use to Commander You…

[​IMG] Thank you, but we Imperial Guard work differently from Xiaoyao valley. I am more used to working with my colleagues. In addition, what you should care about is Mr Xiao. Goodbye!

[​IMG] Commander You is right, Xiao is badly injured, we should take him back to the valley to treat him.

[​IMG] … Look, is that him lying down at the entrance of the valley?

[​IMG] Right, and there seems to be someone else next to him. Hurry up, Ji! It would be bad if that one is with the Huaishi!

Back at the entrance near the boat, Xiao is with a young woman already known to Gu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ah! It’s Shui from E’mei sect.

[​IMG] Gu? What exactly happened here?

[​IMG] It’s a long story… *narrates*

[​IMG] Really… this Acquittal Period… I passed by here to visit Master Ren yet ran into this… who could this evil guy be?

[​IMG] This guy declared himself to be from Feng Du, but his behavior is suspicious… so I don’t know for sure.

[​IMG] I… I can’t let him run away…

[​IMG] Hey! You should have a good rest, we will take care of it.

[​IMG] You’re right. Xiao is injured, you should not force yourself.

[​IMG] That evil guy destroyed my String-Sword Manor… and stole the body of my father… If I can’t get revenge, I can’t live on this world anymore!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] … Mr Xiao, I will help you kill this evil bastard if it’s alright with you.

[​IMG] Shui… Shui?

[​IMG] Messing with the body of a loved one, even Buddha can’t put up with such a thing. I can understand the feeling that you want to return the body yourself.

[​IMG] … If so, Ji, we should escort Xiao with Shui.

[​IMG] Huh! Okay.

[​IMG] Gu, Ji… and Shui… thank you so much!

[​IMG] Don’t thank us too early, we have wasted so much time, the Huaishi has run far away already, how should we chase him?

[​IMG] That evil bastard went north… since he’s carrying the body of my father, there would be a trail of blood on the road…

[​IMG] This way!

The group sets off in pursuit.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    This pre-sequel is a lot more gray compared to the original one.
    Still looks pretty nice

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part IV: Master of Puppets

Show Spoiler

The chase leads to a cave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] There are a lot of hideouts in this cave, I guess the Puppet Husk realized that someone was tracing him down by the blood marks…

[​IMG] Let’s search! Don’t let him hide away!

In the battle with the Puppet husk Gu picked up this suit of armor.

[​IMG]

Inside the cave are tougher enemies, but we have more help this time around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xiao Fu is N° 2 from Young Heroes Contest, but he lacks offense (at least his basic offensive move has combo potential). He’s a support character.

[​IMG]

Shui Panpan is N° 3 from Young Heroes Contest, she has impressive offensive skills, both AoE and single target.

[​IMG]

The two fights against the groups of ghosts are a breeze with her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really, she should’ve been the Number 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Past the groups of ghosts is an interesting place but we can’t do anything there yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Now is not the time to enjoy the scenery… The Puppet husk will get away if we dawdle any longer!

[​IMG] Ji is right, let’s look around.

The group just reaches a dead end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] This cave… could it be…

[​IMG] Xiao, what’s wrong?

[​IMG] I heard from my father that decades ago there was a senior close to our sect who used to meditate near String-Sword Manor… our grandmaster built a secret meditation place for him.

[​IMG] This natural cave is a masterpiece of nature, but look at those spring holes, the edge is so smooth… it has to be carved.

[​IMG] That’s right, and there is this Qin, it looks like this senior was fond of music too.

[​IMG] Psst! I don’t think the Puppet husk is here to play the Qin, he must have run elsewhere!

The only way forward is playing the Qin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The Qin is inserted into the stone table as if it were wrapped, it is indeed brilliant.

[​IMG] Could this Qin… be some kind of switch?

[​IMG] Switch… you are right. And there’s only this Qin in the cave, very odd, maybe there’s some kind of switch in it.

[​IMG] Humph, do we need to play the whole song to trigger the mechanism?

[​IMG] A song…

[​IMG] Xiao?

[​IMG] Let me just try a song.

It’s p. obvious which song needs to be played.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The cave and the stream… the sound of string and soul mate… the grandmaster connected with the senior through the Qin… the song of High Mountain and Flowing Water must be it.

[​IMG] Gu… the sound of water back there seems to have decreased!

There’s still a puzzle that needs to be solved to continue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The water has stopped flowing from the cave...

[​IMG] Gu, do you hear that?

[​IMG] That’s the sound of the wind… such a magical melody…

[​IMG] That’s right, these wind caves vary from each other in sizes and shapes.

[​IMG] Tsk, the sound changes from water to wind, what kind of trickery is this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Silence, Ji.

[​IMG] What’s wrong?

[​IMG] Allow me to listen to the sound more carefully.

It’s a classic sound puzzle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] These caves are so close to each other, yet Xiao can still the sounds apart, that’s really impressive.

[​IMG] You flatter me. I have been studying music for years, so I am sensitive to the difference between sounds.

[​IMG] Could it be… the sound of these caves controls the mechanism?

[​IMG] Let’s go back to the stone Qin and give it a try.

Indeed, playing the right tune makes is possible to progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I see, this mechanism must be used to block laymen who don’t know one thing about music.

[​IMG] Yet the Puppet husk knows this mechanism?

[​IMG] Not likely, but maybe we just unlocked this mechanism by accident… it’s my father leading us from the unseen world…

[​IMG] Anyway, now that the water is fading, there may be something behind that stone gate.

Along the way some dead fish can be picked up… they might be quest related.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The divine fish is extremely rare and gives a good boost to health.

[​IMG]

The next area is an idyllic, hidden valley… there are some things to interact with here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] This is…

[​IMG] Very unexpected there is such a heavenly place behind the mountain…

[​IMG] Stay alert, the Puppet husk might be somewhere here.

There’s another Qin here but it doesn’t trigger anything now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What do you mean?

[​IMG] That’s the theory of No Dirge by Mr Ji. Mr Ji believes that there’s only the rise and fall of the tone. The emotion of the music comes from the listener.

[​IMG] … I read that book when I was young, yet I never agreed with it.

[​IMG] Down is sad, Up is happy, no matter how it is played, a sad song can’t be transformed into a happy one.

[​IMG] Mr Xiao…

[​IMG] Sorry about that, let’s move on.

Shinji goes exploring but it’s p. obvious the Puppet husk isn’t anywhere around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Be careful, Ji.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] There’s no one, just a waterfall down there. Those zombies won’t be that stupid to jump down there.

[​IMG] Tsk…

[​IMG] Let’s look around other places.

Elsewhere are some crops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] There’s no one here, yet the crops grow well.

[​IMG] This is a heavenly place, so obviously suitable for the crops too.

Gu can harvest some cabbage here, which gives a small boos to health.

[​IMG]

And… popcorn.

[​IMG]

In the end there’s no choice but to re-enter the cave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] It’s covered by dust… it seems like no one has lived here for years. The Puppet husk isn’t here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Damn… father… where have you been taken?

[​IMG] Don’t lose faith, Xiao. Maybe we overlooked something, let’s go back to the cave and investigate all over.

Re-entering the cave the Puppet husk shows up immediately. But where has he been in the meantime?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] …!

[​IMG] Something ahead!

[​IMG] Dad!

[​IMG] I will go with you, Xiao!

[​IMG] Wait! Mr Xiao, Shui! We still don’t know who…

[​IMG] They’re running away, let’s go after them!

It’s finally time for the showdown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Evil bastard… return the body of my father already!

[​IMG] What? You want Xiao’s body back? Hahaha… come and take it! Without those two Imperial Guards, I can easily kill you!

[​IMG] This is… the body!?

[​IMG] Humh! Well, well, well. I haven’t enjoyed myself yet!

[​IMG] Shui, he’s good at manipulating the dead bodies and there’s poison on the claws, be careful!

[​IMG]

The tactics are the same but there are now three, tougher puppets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The battle is also scripted; when the last puppet is about to fall, Xiao will go berserk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Xiao!

[​IMG] Don’t try to be brave, Mr Xiao! Your wounds…

[​IMG] Ji, let’s protect Xiao! Take the elixir to restore health if necessary.

[​IMG] I know!

A bit later Gu is struck and chit completely hits the fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Eh!

[​IMG] Gu!

[​IMG] Gu!

[​IMG] Hahaha... I will take this body!

The BAMFs decide to show up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You?! It’s you again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] But you… are you able to take my body?

[​IMG] Argh…

[​IMG] Wait! This evil bastard… I will do it on my own!

[​IMG] Stay where you are, you are badly injured.

[​IMG] *cough*

Hilariously, the Puppet husk gets his own cavalry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You finally came.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Humph… without these two imperial guards…

[​IMG] Who are you? Name yourself!

[​IMG] No need to ask, if he wants to interfere, let’s take him too.

[​IMG]

There’s not only this “secluded guest” but also four rather tough assassins with annoying hidden weapon attacks.

With the BAMFs around, though, it’s not really possible to lose. Shinji might drop but he’s unimportant.

Feng is depicted with a sword but he’s a fist expert. His “Boundary on all sides” is a pull move that can handily keep the Puppet husk and Secluded Guest away from Gu and Co.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You Jin is a one-man army.

[​IMG]

At any rate the enemies don’t last long.

[​IMG]

Shui takes down the Puppet husk, You Jin vaporizes p. much everyone else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The baddies run off in typical fashion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Father… father!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Everyone’s body comes from the parents, how would your father feel if he knew what you did just for revenge?

[​IMG] I…

[​IMG] Revenge is a dish best served cold, you can get the real deal only if you can endure humiliation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] How’s your wound, Gu?

[​IMG] It’s no big deal… it will recover after resting a little bit.

[​IMG] Here’s some Bezoar Dragon’s Blood, it’s good for resolving the venom, take this, Gu.

[​IMG] This… how can I accept…

[​IMG] Take it, get the venom resolved first.

[​IMG] Thank you, Shui.

[​IMG] Don’t be so polite… Mr Xiao, let me check your wound.

It’s time to wrap chit up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I can only wrap it a little bit, you should go and check with a doctor.

[​IMG] Sorry about your father, Xiao. Come with me to Wangyou valley and get treated by Doctor Miracle first, then decide what to do next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (Xiao looks like he has lost all spirit, it won’t be so easy to get over this…)

[​IMG] Hey, finally we don’t have a difference in opinion? Gu, let’s take him to Wangyou valley!

[​IMG] Yes.

[​IMG] What about Shui? What’s your plan?

[​IMG] Actually, I have a mission from my master to complete on this trip. Now that this is over, I should say goodbye to you guys.

[​IMG] It was thanks to the help of both of you that we made it through. Those two evil bastards… though Commander You is chasing them, there’s no guarantee that they won’t ambush you for revenge, you should take care.

[​IMG] You too… what happened to String-Sword Manor is very unusual, I will write my master about this too.

[​IMG] Mr Xiao, as Commander You said, revenge is a dish best served cold. Don’t grieve for too long, it’s harmful to your health.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gu, Ji, farewell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Right…

[​IMG]

The group leaves with more questions than answers.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part V: Strolling in Luoyang

Show Spoiler
    Gu and Shinji make a short stop at Wangyou valley to drop off Xiao.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Look at your knitted brows, worrying too much will make you prematurely senile.

[​IMG] At least Xiao Fu agreed to come to Wangyou valley to heal himself, that’s enough for now.

[​IMG] Hm, you are right, Ji.

[​IMG] Opportunity knocks but once, let’s take a tour in Luoyang City.

[​IMG]

The main task is to visit the temple, but there’s various other stuff to do first.

[​IMG]

Shinji can immediately antagonize one of the gate guards… with no consequence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You’re just standing here! You look very idle…

[​IMG] Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up!

[​IMG] Do you think I want to stand around all day? I want to be a hero, I want to catch wanted criminals.

[​IMG] But the captain looks down upon me, he sent me here to guard the gate. Do you know my feelings? Do you know the feeling that no one knows my worth?

[​IMG] I don’t understand.

[​IMG] You are too young and naieve, I knew you wouldn’t understand. It doesn’t matter.

Dunno, might be related to a sidequest later on. Or the right party member needs to interact with him.

Near the entrance there appears to have been an accident.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Isn’t that the young master of Changhong Security Escorts, what happened here?

[​IMG] There are even officials here, it seems the horse hit that man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gu, you need to help me.

[​IMG] You know him?

[​IMG] Two years ago, I was ordered to practice by Master. I met Guan on my way and then we met again at Young Heroes Contest.

[​IMG] So he was invited to the tournament too.

[​IMG] I was not as strong as Gu, I just went there to study with Li.

[​IMG] I knew you aren’t that strong.

[​IMG] What happened to you?

[​IMG] We had something to escort to Hangzhou, then that man suddenly appeared on the road, luckily I responded quickly and let my horse jump over him, but he insists the horse hit him and asks for reparations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You are lying, your leg was already broken!

[​IMG] It’s almost recovered, but now you’ve broken it again!

[​IMG] Humph! I was hoping to settle this with money, but you’re asking too much.

[​IMG] My leg was broken, and you just want to pay me only 500 Qian. What if I become lame? 2000 Qian is not too much for it.

[​IMG] No way.

[​IMG] Gu, can you help me? I cannot thank you enough.

[​IMG] What can I do for you?

[​IMG] Luoyang is a big city, there are many people here, can you help me by asking around and seeing if anyone witnessed the incident.

[​IMG] OK, I will do it.

Witnesses are all around. But not everybody is very forthcoming.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Maybe we should go to his home and have a look.

Near the city entrance is a shop that sells Buddhist sutras. Useful to raise attribute limits, but way too expensive for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fish selling girl at the market drops a hint about a possible sidequest. At least she doesn’t accept any of the carps Gu picked up in that cave.

[​IMG]

More importantly, there’s another “witness” around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Great, can you testify against him and prove Mr Guan of Changhong Security Escorts is innocent?

[​IMG] Going to Yamen is a trouble, I’m busy making money. No time.

[​IMG] But you’re just sitting there having noodles…

[​IMG] If you want me to go to the Yamen, give me 1000 Qian. Pay me before I go to the Yamen, OK?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Let’s return to Guan and see what’s his plan.

Elsewhere on the market are two ladies gossiping about a “basket thief”.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks for the warning.

This might be another sidequest, but perhaps a female party member is needed?

Elsewhere on the market is a shopkeeper asking for fake paintings. Another thing to look out for.

[​IMG]

At the tea shop are some gossiping old men with some topical information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tea sold here can be used to raise health and energy… but it’s a lot of buck for few bang.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Instead of tea, Gu buys some soy instead. Even a common item like this might have some use beyond a poor man’s pellet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the local yamen there’s not really much going on. Shi Gang isn’t there.

In the dungeon, though, is a Taoist in dire straits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hey, why are you in death row?

[​IMG] The official said I am a cheat and sentenced me to death…

[​IMG] (Even though you committed a crime, you shouldn’t be sentenced to death)

[​IMG] He said he would give me one chance. If I could correctly guess the method of execution, he would let me go… if not, he will cut off my head in public.

[​IMG] What method do you think he will use?

This seems some basic riddle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Haha, I think he just wants to teach you a lesson, he won’t kill you.

[​IMG] Why do you say that?

[​IMG] You just need to guess that he will cut off your head, then your guess must be right… so he can’t kill you and must let you go.

[​IMG] Really? I will give him the answer tomorrow, if I survive I will not cheat anymore.

[​IMG] And if so, the official will be glad to let you go.

Who knows, this might have some consequence later.

The local antique dealer is asking for a white jade bowl… also something to mark down.

[​IMG]

In one of the houses is the underground arena.

[​IMG]

The owner has a task.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What favour?

[​IMG] I’ve locked two precious things in the chests upstairs but lost my key. If you can open them, you can pick one thing as your reward. What do you think?

[​IMG] Open the chests, OK, I’ll try.

[​IMG] I’m counting on you, young man!

This quests means doing the lockpick minigame from Tale of Wuxia twice. Joy of joys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So one of the rewards is one of the fake paintings for the guy in the market. Gu picks this as reward.

[​IMG]

The Clan of Heaven’s Sword is also situated in Luoyang… there’s a hapless apprentice here Gu can help out for some experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What’s going on, why are you here sighing all alone?

[​IMG] They think I am not strong enough and too dull… no one will practice with me.

[​IMG] How could this be…

[​IMG] I once lived in Dukang village, when I was a child I came to Luoyang and saw the statue of Nobody the Hero… I was shocked by it and then I heard of the deeds of Nobody… so I made a decision I would become a great Xia like Nobody.

[​IMG] My parents wished me to study hard and bring honor to my family, but despite all opposition I came to the Clan of Heaven’s Sword to decide my own fate.

[​IMG] But no matter how hard I try, I still can’t catch up with others and now other disciples are unwilling to practice with me… it’s very difficult to make progress. Should I really give up martial arts and return to studying?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You need not be discouraged, I don’t think you’ve been practicing a long time so your progress is normal. If you continue practicing, you will succeed.

[​IMG] Really? I don’t need you to pretend out of pity.

[​IMG] Well, I will practice with you today, maybe you can get some inspiration.

[​IMG] Please go easy on me then.

[​IMG]

The guy’s a putz of course… Gu needs to do nothing for 6 turns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Good, I’ll look forward to that day. I hope you can be merciful then!

Of course this free training upsets Ximen Feng, aka the ugliest twat in Jianghu.

[​IMG]

Shinji’d pick a fight here, but Gu is of a different temperament.

[​IMG] Do you blame me for practicing with your disciples?

[​IMG] Yeah, maybe our swordsmanship is not as good as yours, no wonder you want to teach us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I just saw no one was practicing with him, so I did it myself. It was just a gesture of friendship, if you are angry with that, I apologize.

[​IMG] Since you said that, I trust you. It seems I was rude, please don’t blame me.

[​IMG] You’re too kind.

[​IMG] I’m leading their practice, so I don’t have time to serve you, please forgive me.

… Actually, should’ve just pummelled the fagget.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part VI: Filial piety

Show Spoiler

Gu and Shinji continue strolling around Luoyang.

The local restaurant has a rather swashbuckling chef…

[​IMG]

Oddly enough, upstairs is a girl of Tianshan sect… maybe related to some sidequest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] It was an accident, please forgive me.

Next to the smithy is the podium where Qi Li and her dad perform in Tale of Wuxia…

[​IMG]

There are two hammer bros but they show is garbage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pls someone bring back qt Qi Li.

[​IMG] How can this be?

[​IMG] Bro, I can’t take another strike…

[​IMG] Bro, bear it, there are just two more strikes.

[​IMG] Let it go, bro…

[​IMG] Smashing Rock On Chest is for fun, yet this bro is coughing up blood now…

[​IMG] You are just tired, go home and have a rest, maybe you will recover.

[​IMG] No no no, my body is tough and strong as iron, not even the slightest sign of aging… maybe it’s the hammer’s problem!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] We’d better go quickly.

[​IMG] Hold on!

[​IMG] (I have a bad feeling…)

[​IMG] Is there anything else?

[​IMG] My hammer has gone through a lot… it’s already 28 years now, maybe its life is about to end. Today’s meeting is destined, may I ask you for a favor, find my brother the blacksmith to forge a steel hammer for me.

[​IMG] Why don’t you go yourself?

[​IMG] He always looks down on my busking, I don’t want to see his face.

[​IMG] How do we know who your brother is?

[​IMG] Do you really want to help him…

[​IMG] Helping others is the source of happiness, we can help him when we are free.

[​IMG] Thanks, my brother the blacksmith looks exactly like me, you will know when you see him.

[​IMG] I see. Please wait a moment, we’ll be right back.

The blacksmith indeed looks like a bro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yeah, what’s up?

[​IMG] He said his hammer is broken, he asked to forge a new one for him.

[​IMG] What? Before my father died, my little brother was expected to learn smithing, but he never learnt.

[​IMG] And now he’s busking for money, but he can’t even earn enough money to eat well, to buy a house and get married, and he wants me to help him cast the hammer? No, no.

[​IMG] Then I will tell him to think of another way.

[​IMG] Humph, a steel hammer costs several silvers, he has no money. I won’t help him, but if you want to help him, I won’t stop you. There’s a piece of steel over there, the furnace is outside, use it to create a hammer yourself, I can do nothing.

[​IMG] Hmm… Hu taught us smithing, maybe we can have a try.

So this quest boils down to the smithing minigame of Tale of Wuxia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funny to see the blacksmithing skill going up… an echo from Tale of Wuxia.

Anyway, a short and easy quest for some experience and a couple of pellets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks, I didn’t expect my brother to forge the hammer, is that brotherly love?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I have some useful pellets, I can give you some as a reward.

Anyway, next to the buskers is the house of Wu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hello, we are here to ask about Mr Wu.

[​IMG] Get out! You want to bully a blind woman again.

[​IMG] (Why is she so angry?)

[​IMG] My son is a good man, he can’t be a cheat!

[​IMG] You assholes find me over and over again, what do you want to do, don’t think you can humiliate me. I am blind, but my heart is clear.

[​IMG] Looks like this is not the first time someone came to meet with her…

[​IMG] According to the passerby and Ms Wu, I suspect that Wu Hua became a fraud out of poverty, and the townspeople didn’t blame him out of compassion…

[​IMG] He has a healthy body, why doesn’t he find a job? I hate this kind of behavior.

[​IMG] Wu Hua’s method is bad, though his situation is pitiful. Now, let’s go back.

Next to Wu’s house is the tavern… some rumors here about things to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Luoyang pawnshop holds a lot of ridiculously expensive and rather useless items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A lady outside the apothecary gives a tip about gathering herbs… but the town is too big for pixel hunting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At any rate, it’s time to return to the city entrance and decide what to do with Wu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes, I found him, but he asked for 1000 Qian to be convinced to testify.

[​IMG] I will pay it. 1000 for my innocence is worth it.

[​IMG] Guan, I went to Wu Hua’s home, he has an old blind mother and an 8-year-old child. If Wu Hua is put in prison, they will lose everything. Could you spare him and not have him sent to Yamen?

[​IMG] No, he is so cunning, it’s not his first time to swindle people. He must be taught a lesson.

[​IMG] (Wu Hua did a bad thing, but he is so poor… should I visit his home once more to help him or put him in prison…)

[​IMG] Here is 1000 Qian, please give it to the witness.

Gu decides to return to Aunt Wu instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ms Wu, what is going on?

[​IMG] Your voice… you’ve already come to my home right? After you left, I asked my grandson to ask about my son, now I know what the neighbours are saying.

[​IMG] Ms Wu…

[​IMG] Please, don’t send my son to prison OK? My son is a child of filial piety, it is my fault to make him do such things, I will drop to my knees to beg you!

Filial piety (孝) is a core Confucian concept.

[​IMG] Don’t!

[​IMG] Please persuade my son. Take this wooden hairpin to him. If he still holds a glimmer of filial piety, he will realize his mistake.

[​IMG] You can count on me, I will persuade him.

[​IMG]

It’s time to bring Wu Hua to his senses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What are you talking about…

[​IMG] Look, this is your mother’s wooden hairpin. She asked me to tell you that she would rather starve to death than to see you doing bad things.

[​IMG] Mom, it is my fault to make you worried about me…

[​IMG] If you can promise you won’t do bad things again, I will ask Guan not to take the matter any further.

[​IMG] But… but…

[​IMG] What do you want to say?

[​IMG] I borrowed 2000 Qian from the boss of the Underground Fighting Ring to purchase medicine for my mother. He threatened me, if I don’t pay up this month, they will sell my son…

[​IMG] Underground Fighting Ring? I see, I will handle it.

[​IMG] What are you going to do? Calm down, I can’t provoke them to anger.

[​IMG] Don’t worry, I will handle it carefully.

We already know the way to the fighting ring… this time the boss is less jovial.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] How much money does Wu Hua owe you?

[​IMG] Wu Hua? Wu Hua the Cheat? Hehe, with interest it comes down to 3000 Qian.

[​IMG] 3000? Isn’t it 2000?

[​IMG] This is just usury…

[​IMG] So? You came here to pay or to look for trouble?

Wasting Qian on this lout is a waste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I don’t want to fight, but your excessive bullying of others leaves me no choice.

[​IMG] You want to fight? Someone close the door and release the hounds.

The doggies are pathetically weak… after the fight both Gu and Shinji max out their internal styles which is handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The arena master sings another tune after the fight. It’s time to wrap chit up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] If so, how about you clear Wu Hua’s debt?

[​IMG] Whatever you say, you don’t need to pay anything.

[​IMG] On your word, will you stay away from Wu Hua?

[​IMG] Sure thing, as long as you stop beating me, I guarantee I’ll stay away from Wu Hua for good.

[​IMG] Alright, then hand over Wu Hua’s receipt.

[​IMG] Here it is, take it.

[​IMG] Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Well… this…

[​IMG] Wu, now you no longer need to worry. I hope you can be a better man in the future, don’t let your mother down.

[​IMG] I can’t thank you enough, I won’t cheat anymore. By the way, I need to personally apologize to Mr Guan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You are right, it’s just that I saw Wu’s old mother and his small child so I couldn’t ignore that. Please forgive me for what I have done.

[​IMG] You are so merciful, I am impressed. Now that this is over, I shall go on escorting the goods to Hangzhou. We shall meet again some day.

At least this simple quest has a great reward.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yeah, this book is … amazing. OK, I will keep it.

[​IMG]

When fully trained, the World-shaking fist will the most damaging move of Gu’s for a long time.

[​IMG]

It’s now time to visit the temple.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Borrow money for mom's medicine, cannot pay.
    Filial Piety lah.

Cheat people money to buy mom's medicine.
    Filial Piety lah.

The root of this Confucian teaching is benign, but human being is not that pure.
    Constant justifying of anything for the sake of family leads to corruption and nepotism.
    The gradual warping of what is right and what is wrong will eventually make black into white.
    A second nature will assert itself.

When you assume the role of a third person, you will look at the first person and wonder 'How can that person thinks he is right?'

[​IMG]

• nice x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Slam dunk! x 1
    • Equip the Ring x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part VII: Buddist bash

Show Spoiler

There’s another poisonous beastie at the temple entrance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some dude is getting bullied at the temple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Tsk, shameless dog. You are just praying to please her! Do it! Break those two legs this time!

Luckily for him, Shui is around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Another pretty one! They say Avalokiteshvara will take the form of a beautiful woman to save the earth, this must be my chance to be saved.

Avalokiteshvara is a Bodhisattva, a Buddish deity. Of compassion, to be specific.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Look, isn’t that Shui Panpan of E’mei sect?

[​IMG] And that man is the son of Aunt Li from Dukan Village.

[​IMG] Yeah, it is Li.

[​IMG] Looks like Shui is dealing with those ruffians, no need for us to step in now.

[​IMG]

These guys are just mere thugs. When they are together they get boosted evasion but it hardly matters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a crit Shui could probably one-shot both phaggets at once.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately Shui will still not join the party.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Go home now.

[​IMG] So that is the hidden swordsmanship of E’mei sect…

[​IMG] Yeah. Shui used this swordsmanship to ravage the Young Heroes Contest. Let’s go meet her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gu, Ji! You are in Luoyang too? By the way, how is Xiao now?

[​IMG] Still lost in the world…

[​IMG] That so…

[​IMG] Those bullies…

[​IMG] Ji, Shui is a disciple of Buddhism.

[​IMG] Heh, those losers.

[​IMG] Hehe. I would never make the killing blow unless it is the only way.

[​IMG] If everyone were like you, Jianghu would be a peaceful place.

[​IMG] Ji…

[​IMG] Shui, my brother likes to say what’s on his mind. Please forgive him.

[​IMG] It’s alright, I can see he has the spirit of Xia Ke. Although our ideas are different, we still share the same heart of good.

[​IMG] I still think you went too easy on them. You should just break their limbs, so they will remember not bullying others…

[​IMG] Alright, Ji.

[​IMG] Pshaw…

[​IMG] Gu, Ji, are you here at Baima Temple to pray for Master Xiao?

[​IMG] Yes, but not only for him, but also all the dead of String-Sword Manor.

[​IMG] So that’s the reason why you’re here.

[​IMG] What about you? I remember you said you were on a mission, maybe we can help?

[​IMG] Truth be told, I was under the order of my master to find the lost relics of our founder and gather information about the traitor to our sect.

[​IMG] I thank you for your offer, but as you can see, this is a mission I can only do by myself.

[​IMG] Thank you for your trust to tell us about your mission. We shall leave you. If you have different thoughts, just go find us.

[​IMG] Yes, you helped us a lot on the matter of String-Sword Manor, so if you need help don’t hesitate to ask!

[​IMG] Thank you.

[​IMG] … And I should go now, goodbye!

[​IMG] Farewell for now.

[​IMG]

There’s a kid on temple grounds whining about soy… Gu can give the soy bought at the market for some experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At any rate, the main task was to pray at the temple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gu, you are looking dignified, did you run into something bothersome?

[​IMG] Ha! Gu, even the monk thinks you are dignified, don’t frown so much.

[​IMG] Don’t mess around, Ji!

[​IMG] And who is this?

[​IMG] I am Jing Ji, disciple of Xiaoyao Valley.

[​IMG] Hehe! How time flies, I didn’t expect the little boy washing bowls in the noodle shop to become imposing.

[​IMG] Tut tut! Why do you know about that?

[​IMG] Buddha be praised, if you two got something hard to resolve or any wishes, you can make any wish in front of the Buddha. Our temple is famous for being efficacious.

[​IMG] Thank you, abbot.

[​IMG]

And that’s it for the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Let’s have a fish noodle, it’s cheap yet delicious.

[​IMG] Every time we are in Luoyang we eat fish noodles, this is your first time doing business outside the valley. Let’s go to the tavern and have something nice.

[​IMG] But…

[​IMG] Hehe, don’t worry about me, I took enough silver with me this time. If that still doesn’t suffice, we can wash the dishes for them.

[​IMG] Can you just leave it!

Going to the tavern is the last task before returning to Xiaoyao valley.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Sukhāvatī a.k.a. ManjuShri Patron

Sukhāvatī
    :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Nahel Arcane

Nahel
    Kind of strange to see Ji before he became an asshole.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part VIII: Pub Hubbub

Show Spoiler

The tavern is right next to Aunt Wu’s house.

[​IMG]

There is an attractive courtesan inside performing a song about Jianghu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The tavern is so crowded today…

[​IMG]

Chu Hui sings a song about Jianghu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] That song is so common…

[​IMG] That’s not right. Even though the song is plain, it is Lady Chui playing…

There are also four imbeciles around enjoying the song and the lady.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Boss, when did you get such an elegant hobby? Listening to music? I thought you were of a moaning man.

[​IMG] That’s what I thought, her moaning must be like heaven… *cough* Please be quiet!

[​IMG] Lalala… the fair maid… sitting on my lance…

At these words, the dude gets hit out of nowhere with a hidden weapon.

[​IMG]

Gu noticed it too.

[​IMG]

Also at that moment, more retarts come to literally crash the party.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Nah, I just need to cut her pretty face, then she would be so ugly, no one will even want to look at her again.

[​IMG] Don’t be crazy now! I’ll lose the bet, it would be waste to see that pretty face get cut up.

[​IMG] Alright then, you own me ten thousand. 30% interest.

[​IMG] Now now, my pretty, see what I have to go through for you? Come here, drink with me. We can talk after the drink, somewhere quiet… heh heh heh…

The beta orbiter and white knights rise up but get roflstomped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I am flirting with the pretty here! Sit down now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] So you care about this fool. Serve me well and I might just let him live.

[​IMG] Jiang has a reputation to uphold.

[​IMG] Hmm… who doesn’t know the harlots of Xiaoxiang Barge?

[​IMG] Damn you…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Get lost! I am not interested in some ugly dudes’ names!

There’s a last person around willing to take a stand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Eh, that’s some handsome gentleman here. I haven’t had any meat for some time, might as well take you first.

[​IMG] Last time you nearly broke the boy, I bet this one won’t stand a whole night.

[​IMG] We will help you!

[​IMG]

The fight is lost when Wei Ziling drops, but he at least can hide in plain sight when in trouble.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This fight is not to be underestimated as Pervert and Gambler can both inflict annoying status effects. Especially Gambler is annoying with Dual Strike ability (attack twice in a turn) and high evasion combined with health regen.

Gu and Shinji already got some pellets to deal with status effects though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gu takes down pervert with the world-shaking fist.

[​IMG]

A handy crit from invisibility is the end of the gambler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Fine, listen carefully now, my name is Wei Ziling. You will remember my name the next time you want to do evil.

[​IMG] Xiaoyao valley – Gu Yuexuan, anytime.

[​IMG] You don’t deserve to know my name.

[​IMG] Damn it! Humph, let’s go!

[​IMG] Mr Jiang, are you alright?

[​IMG] Yeah, I’m fine.

[​IMG] Doesn’t look fine to me, you better go see a doctor!

[​IMG] Thank you for what you did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gu and Shinji perhaps made a new friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes, and you are?

[​IMG] I’m just a nobody.

[​IMG] Ha! Never thought anyone else would know the old man’s name.

[​IMG] Ji!

[​IMG] Hehe, who doesn’t know?

[​IMG] You are quite brave at your age.

[​IMG] Every man should protect the weak, I think that singer was the real brave one. Girls daring to stand up to those two ruffians…

[​IMG] Judging from what you said, you think girls are weak?

[​IMG] When did I say that? All I’m saying is that fighting is for men, girls should be doing stitchwork and stuff…

[​IMG] Hehe. So women should stay at home and never come out? So that is the way of Xiaoyao valley, I have learnt much today.

[​IMG] What!

[​IMG] Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao valley! And you must be Jing Ji. Now I know what kind of men you are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What about being “weak”? I cannot fight for justice when I am weak? So a woman should just let others do whatever they want, just because they are “weak”? Humph. Goodbye!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] What is it with that guy, Gu? I was just trying to say that women should learn to protect themselves.

[​IMG] (Ji rarely goes out, this is his first time in Jianghu, how come he…)

[​IMG] Hey! Brother, did you hear what I said?

[​IMG] … Shame he left… Jianghu is a small world, we might meet again. I’ll explain it to him next time. We should return to the valley now.

[​IMG] Humpf! I don’t want to meet this strange fellow ever again, picking fights for no reason.

The Pervert and Gambler left behind the following curious items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It’s finally time to return to Wuxia Zi.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    So it is written in the ancient scrolls.

Isn't this entire quest a spoof on those people in China who jump in front of cars to scam on insurance money? :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    It's for filial piety bro, so it's not as bad.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    [​IMG]

So no sex for Gu and Shinji?

• Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    [​IMG] I'm going to wash clothes!

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    "Long Mo"?!?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part IX: Attack of the Tsundere

Show Spoiler

Gu and Shinji report back to Wuxia Zi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Master, about helping String-Sword Manor…

Out of the blue, Shinji is attacked by gurl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Attacking while people are unprepared and still being high-sounding? Get ready…

[​IMG] Wait! Have we met before?

[​IMG] Stop! Don’t hurt her.

[​IMG] No sweat. He’s lame and can’t hurt me. If I win, you accept me as your apprentice. How about it?

[​IMG] Don’t push it too far! Don’t think I’d be soft-hearted just because you’re a girl.

[​IMG] Gender discrimination? Humph! Even a girl can excel better at martial arts than you.

[​IMG] Shut up! Oh… now I remember! You’re the unreasonable lad in the tavern! Little does one think you’re into crossdressing.

[​IMG] (Ah… She is…)

[​IMG] Ji, don’t be rude!

[​IMG] Humph! Of course I am a girl! Are you blind or what! I’m gonna teach you a lesson today! Take this!

[​IMG]

There’s no way Shinji would lose to a gurl… except he technically does.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The gurl has good skills, Shinji only wins because of his “Fight to the last drop” talent. If she had a bit more health, he’d be toast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I mean business this time.

[​IMG] Both of you, calm down.

[​IMG] Don’t stop me!

[​IMG] Really? I’m afraid you’re too powerless. As they say, the incompetent always talk big.

[​IMG] You… you!!

[​IMG] What? Are you a monkey that can’t speak human language now?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Back in Luoyang city, I figure Gu is modest and courteous, quite different from this grumpy guy. It’s hard to believe you’re under the same master.

[​IMG] Alright, you two should stop now. Zi, these are my disciples, Gu Yuexuan and Jing Ji.

[​IMG] When did Ji get in touch with you? He’s cranky and hot-headed, a few well-intentioned jokes will do no harm, but you better not get under his skin.

[​IMG] I came across some injustice in the Luoyang tavern and kicked some villains’ asses with her help, it’s just a misunderstanding.

[​IMG] Hehe, I’m gratified that you two don’t forget my instruction. She’s the daughter of Wei Bao. Her name is Wei Ziling.

[​IMG] Wei Bao? The “Silver Spear”?

[​IMG] That’s right, she’s visiting Xiaoyao valley for the first time, don’t give her the cold shoulder.

[​IMG] (Her father and Master go back a long way, no wonder she knows Ji).

[​IMG] Humph!

[​IMG] Well, no need to be angry anymore. As the saying goes: no discord, no concord. You two should try to get along well from now on.

[​IMG] Hehe, quite right. Sorry, little brother, it’s my fault that you got hurt back then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Oh? How old are you then?

[​IMG] I’m fifteen.

[​IMG] What a coincidence, I’m also fifteen! But I was born on January 1st, so you must be younger than me.

[​IMG] You… you… shameless!

[​IMG] These are the facts, how is it shameless? Obviously you can’t even determine your own birthdate. Younger brother, I’m your elder sister now.

[​IMG] Humph, not gonna happen.

[​IMG] *sigh*

[​IMG] Hehe! (These two must have a feud since a previous life)

[​IMG] I never thought Jing Ji of Xiaoyao valley is such a scoundrel, humph! Gu, could you give me a tour of the valley?

[​IMG] Miss Wei is fresh off the boat, of course I…

[​IMG] Why would he do that?

[​IMG] Let’s go, Gu! Don’t you want to teach me “Wing-spreading Roc”, the seventh technique of Xiaoyao Quan?

[​IMG] Oh? Ji, don’t you hate practicing? Besides, “Rising Punch” is the seventh while “Wing-spreading Roc” is a variant of “Soaring Roc”, don’t you know the difference?

[​IMG] Anyway, you should keep your promise and today is the day. Maybe you just fear I will surpass you.

[​IMG] Ji, she’s our guest. If you want to learn Xiaoyao Quan, let’s find another time. I’m just afraid you will quit halfway and continue practicing swords and blades.

[​IMG] Little brother, I’m asking Gu to show me around, why are you angry? Perhaps you’re jealous.

[​IMG] Impossible! How could I be jealous of you! You’re pushing it too far!

[​IMG] Pushing it too far? You’re mean to me and never compliment me.

[​IMG] You…

[​IMG] You two should stop now.

[​IMG] Sorry, I’ll try hard to restrain myself next time.

[​IMG] Humph!

[​IMG] How is String-Sword Manor? Did you gather any clues?

[​IMG] Sorry, we pressed forward day and night, but…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I never imagined the String-Sword Manor would get wiped out… *sigh* How is Xiao Fu now?

[​IMG] I’ve already escorted him to receive treatment from Doctor Miracle. He’ll recover if he follows the doctor’s advice.

[​IMG] He’s the last hope of String-Sword Manor and should be kept safe. I never thought the Imperial Court would get involved in this Jianghu chaos.

[​IMG] But why did String-Sword Manor get into the feud between Cult of Tianlong and Feng Du? And for what purpose does the Imperial Court meddle in this Jianghu chaos? There must be some kind of conspiracy. *sigh* Is there any chance of peace between Jianghu and the authorities?

[​IMG] For sure… people practicing martial arts outmatch dozens of elite soldiers and most are beyond the control of the Imperial Court. To them, we’re the hidden dangers. If I were Emperor, why wouldn’t I jump at the opportunity to weaken their forces?

[​IMG] (Young but with acute insight, her words hit the bullseye… her prominent family and father’s indulgence fostered her character)

[​IMG] (Regardless of her bickering with Ji, she’s running away from home because of a quarrel with her father… it’s better for her to walk around with Gu and I’ll find someone else to bring her to her senses)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes, Master.

[​IMG] I’m coming, too!

[​IMG] Save it, you’ll only cause trouble.

[​IMG] Fine, I’m gonna take a walk!

[​IMG] (Ji is really pissed off this time, I’ll bring his favourite red bean cakes next time)

[​IMG] Let’s go!

I like Wei Ziling. She has good starting internal style, good starting skills and the Hide in Plain Sight talent. The autocrit is potentially devastating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Showing Wei Ziling around is a quick and easy task.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] That’s a gentle scene, but I’m not a mere frail girl. The waterfall looks clear and pleasantly cool. It must be comfortable to move under it with bare feet.

[​IMG] Hehe. Jing Ji would acknowledge what you said if he were here. He used to play in the valley shirtless and on bare feet when he was a child. He always came back soaked to the skin.

[​IMG] I won’t be like him.

[​IMG] Anyway, such a magnificent waterfall. No wonder Li Bai once wrote the famous poem “Its torrent dashes down from three thousand feet high, as if the Silver River fell from the blue sky”.

[​IMG] The waterfall runs throughout the year, the humid environment makes it seem it’s been raining for several days. The collision of falling rocks and reef makes a roaring sound like thunder, it’s a majestic scene.

[​IMG] Great masters conceal themselves and their power to subdue enemies, Master comprehended this at age 50.

[​IMG]

Next location is the bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] This is the Hanging Bridge in the Sunset. Back then, Xiao Yao Zi got engaged with his better half on this bridge.

[​IMG] If love between two people can last for an age, why do they need to stay together night and day?

[​IMG] Miss Wei, young as you are, you have a profound understanding of emotions.

[​IMG] Women are always attracted by romances and tend to reflect on it more.

[​IMG] Master often brings us here to savor the zanshin.

[​IMG] Zanshin?

[​IMG] Master’s used to saying: during fights, the constantly changing situation makes you lack time to consider the details. But one needs to be vigilant to the counterattack after striking.

[​IMG]

Last location is near Hu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Xiaoyao valley is as ethereal and unreal at the fairyland. That stupid monkey won’t ever be satisfied living in such a wonderful place, he has no idea how lucky he is.

[​IMG] (Seems Miss Wei is still angry at Ji)

[​IMG] Not really… Ji has suffered from rhinopathy since childhood and was always sneezing, he couldn’t even smell a thing when symptoms got worse. Only with learning Internal Style and care of Doctor Miracle is he finally getting rid of that illness.

[​IMG] No wonder he’s got a red nose, totally like a monkey’s red buttock.

[​IMG] Miss Wei, Ji means well though he’s impetuous. About that incident at the tavern, please accept my apologies on his behalf. Hopefully you can cut him some slack.

[​IMG] Alright! As long as he doesn’t look down on women anymore I won’t quarrel with him. It is only for you that I’m making such a compromise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Actually the landscape here happens to coincide with the essence of our Internal Style.

[​IMG] Reality or dream… if I assume correctly, your martial arts originate from Taoism.

[​IMG] Indeed.

[​IMG]

Wei Ziling can be introduced to Hu to receive a special item.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Hu, am I a new friend?

[​IMG] Miss Wei, of course. I will appreciate it if you can take care of my two young masters.

A banquet gives 5000 experience to the entire party.

[​IMG]

There’s one more spot to visit, outside the valley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Looks fun, but I can't help noticing how awkwardly translated some lines are in this series.

"No wonder he’s got a red nose, totally like a monkey’s red buttock." and "I'll show you around when it's still early." for example :P

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Part X: Dr Strange

Show Spoiler

Gu and Wei Ziling end up in a rather foreboding place.

[​IMG]

Wei Zilings turns out to be a poison sperg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (Lady Wei is still young… but whoever lives here must love peace and quiet. We’d better leave soon lest we disturb that lady.)

[​IMG] It’s my carelessness that got us here, we’d better leave.

[​IMG] Leave? Why? This is fairyland!

[​IMG] Fairyland?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The toxicity is quite different now. If bitten, a man will be paralyzed within three steps and die within twenty breaths without antidote.

[​IMG] (I never heard her family knew about toxic creatures, how does she…)

[​IMG] But to a real venom master, it’s like going for wool and coming home shorn.

Wei’s sperging attracts the attention of the inhabitant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You’re really something, continue.

[​IMG] The two kinds of toxicity conflict with each other. When mixed, the paralysis allows to buy time and to get help. So it confuses me why one would want to slow the effects.

[​IMG] Humph, I see no reason to explain it to others. But… your depth of knowledge is beyond my expectation.

[​IMG] Since when does Xiaoyao valley teach about poisons?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] No, I’m not from Xiaoyao valley. A friend… of my father is venom master and I don’t like my father’s martial arts, so I learnt from him a little bit.

[​IMG] A little bit? Knowing the toxicity conflict between Goldstring Toad and Deinagkistrodon is far from “a little bit”. Did you come here today just to embarrass me? There are poisonous creatures all around here, how many do you know?

[​IMG] Pardon me, it was my negligence to trespass here and disturb you.

[​IMG] Gu, why are you groveling? That’s not our style. But since you asked…

[​IMG] The various poisonous creatures around here may scare ordinary people. But, in my opinion, these little creatures are nothing to be in awe of.

[​IMG] You really talk big. Let me give you a test.

[​IMG] Lady Wei… why not…

[​IMG] Gu, she asked first! Come on!

[​IMG] Have you heard about Colored Snow-spider?

[​IMG] Easy peasy. The colored snow-spider is native to snowy mountains of Tibet. Fierce and greedy, it bites the flesh and won’t stop sucking blood until satisfied.

[​IMG] But it fears bees, especially the Jade Bee of Ancient Tomb Sect. The apitoxin can soften the toxicity of Colored snow-spider.

[​IMG] Humph… looks like you’re the real deal.

[​IMG] I was expecting some truly difficult questions, what’s next?

[​IMG] I have a question nobody but me knows the answer to.

[​IMG] Don’t be so certain about that.

[​IMG] Do you know how to cultivate the Seven-colored Overlord?

[​IMG] That’s the secret of Poisonous Dragon Sect and only recorded in the Compendium of Toxicants. It’s cunning of you to ask a question like that.

[​IMG] What a coincidence, I happen to know the answer.

[​IMG] Then why don’t you enlighten me?

[​IMG] Humph! You want to know? I can only tell you that the key rests with people.

[​IMG] Nonsense! I don’t believe it! Unless… you have the Compendium of Toxicants in your possession.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (“Medicine-Yaksha of Seven Seas”, Chen Lirui the “Arachnid King” and Gu Man the “Pretty Enra” are all acquainted with her family. I wonder from which master she learnt all this.)

[​IMG] Ah! You’re mistaken. I learn venom arts for self-protection. In Wulin one should proceed with caution.

[​IMG] Besides, all medicine has different levels of poisonous effects. People only know venom will lead to death, but with the appropriate dose it can also save people’s lives. Medicine is not the only way.

[​IMG] That never occurred to me, I’ve learnt a lot.

[​IMG] Medicine skill is indeed not the only way, quite right. But I don’t like strangers, don’t disturb me anymore.

[​IMG] What a tantrum!

[​IMG] We’d better leave. Sorry for the disturbance, Lady Shen.

[​IMG] Her family name is Shen?

[​IMG] Yes, she’s Doctor Miracle’s…

[​IMG] Gu Yuexuan, hold your tongue!

[​IMG] Sorry, we shall leave right now.

[​IMG] Humph, stubborn and bad-tempered, she must be a perfect match for Jing Ji.

[​IMG]

Shen Lan won’t mind if her snakes are used for a bit of training.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wei Ziling’s first martial skill acts along a line… compared with the autocrit from sneak attacking it can be very effective.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There’s also a cauldron around but Shen Lan is mindful of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Is that so?

[​IMG]

Anyway, next stop is Luoyang city.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)