Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Thea 2: The Shattering

Citizen

2. How long did it take you to master the new combat system?

You mean how much time does it take to realize that autoresolve gives better results 90% of the time? :M

Also it seems like autoresolve makes all your party to participate, while manual combat only allows 7 cards, so with a bigger party autocombat is even more profitable :lol:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Great job :salute:

Questions?

1. Which Thea would you rather replay in a year from now, 1st or the 2nd?

From what I've seen here, it feels like Thea 1 is a bit more difficult and unpredictable. Thea 2 seems to hold your hand a lot more, to the point it tells you the outcome of auto-resolving combat beforehand. Thea 2 also has easily accessible "I win" buttons, like The Ring or that elf companion you got in the last update. Sure, first Thea had its own outrageous OP companions like Wraiths, but they were really hard to get. Basically you had to luck out on RNG.

The game at its heart is more of a roguelike than a proper 4x strategy game. As such, I expect it to be difficult, hardcore even. Sometimes I replay Thea 1 at 300% difficulty to scratch that itch. Still don't own Thea 2, can't be arsed to learn the new combat system. Speaking of which,

2. How long did it take you to master the new combat system?

Hmmm... I did play Thea 1 alot. Sunk 76 hours into that game. Steam tells me I haven't played it since januar 3rd 2017 though.
Thea2 has seen me play 29 hours so far. Only two gods tried out.

I feel like I've seen most of Thea1, and had a strategy down that allowed me to do it on the hardest difficulty.

Now that I've completed this LP, I feel a bit more free to explore different difficulty settings.
Speaking of which, I think I'll do one more small update, showcasing the difficulty options.

As to the new combat system, I found it easy to get into. I can still improve alot. And I don't agree with Citizen. Auto-resolve doesn't necessarily provide better results than playing the combat yourself. But it is much quicker.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright, a tiny update with the different difficulty settings, and a quick peek at the event editor.

First off, I hadn't paid attention to this, but you can edit the events to your heart's content it seems.
EwCozil.png

GTzh5aT.png

s9LQCyL.png

So ONE event has 39 sub-events. I pick the first one and open it for editing.
L2wwukV.png

:what:
Oh-kay. Not fiddling with it anytime soon, but it looks like a pretty powerful tool...
Thea1 didn't have this, did it? The modding scene should love this..

Onwards to difficulty settings. They only appear when you choose to make a new game.
I've screenshot all of them. I went with the custom default difficulty (the option you see on top of the scrollbar activated in each screenshot).
GXMExWV.png

WZio3Dz.png

ZoaeM5T.png

55EWhkg.png

XsGPrjF.png

Gi2Ia6Y.png

HXjTzkK.png

n3J1p3u.png

npOuOXo.png

lSyU1jf.png

g4iz2zz.png

KDup17p.png

T299Nx2.png

NbZEg4R.png

BqD8H3g.png

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good job, thank you for the LP :incline:

Questions?
With the cobbler and dragon event, is it possible to have an eligible character for the cobbler? What happens if that's the case and you say yes?

it drank itself to death, really??

Knowing a classic russian joke about drinking the whole lake at once I was expecting a different ending to that quest...

What's the joke?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom