Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This thread makes me want to reinstall dark omen :oops:

Erebus

Arcane
Interesting game, but I get the feeling that (as in WFB) the Random Number God plays too big a role.

On a different subject, what improvements does XP bring to units ?

MISSION: COUNTERATTACK (Briefing and Battle)

Update in which Ragnar kicks ass and take names (and mispronounce them, because he's danish).

f1bm7a.jpg

[Intelligence]So, you want to hire us?

2nobpt.jpg

The orcs attacked our keep some days ago. We broke their assault with our volley guns but took many casualties. The main force has left a unit of Stone Throwers in the hills to try to break us. We have taken bombardment from them for the last three days. Our defences are weakening and I fear another attack from the main force very soon. I need you to lead an attack on their war machines. With those destroyed we can hold on until reinforcement arrives from Averheim.

f1bm7a.jpg

Sorry, not inte...

35ksd40.jpg

For 1000 crowns we'll take them apart.

2rqm4wg.jpg

Do we have time for this, Commander?

f1bm7a.jpg

If doing this will make Ceridan unhappy... we'll do it

54wprl.jpg

24uzsk7.jpg

That's a lot of troops, but I really want to do this mission. Not for money though. If we do this right Leitdorf 9th will join us and after screwing ourselves off some magic items after telling Carlsson to stick his mission up his ass, we need all the help we can get.

10d8jmg.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Here they are, three Rock Lobbers, and a lot of supporting orcs, this is may be rough... prepare for attack!

2j0cyhh.jpg

We start near some lava pond, cozy.

etfmgj.jpg

Enemy full strength.

bilzrm.jpg

Our objective. But first we need to get through sea of orcs.

5whum1.jpg

White blob Ragnar Wolves.

t4xsom.jpg

Another slightly Total War'ish deployment, but it should work.

1lxxk.jpg

We start battle and order everyone to shoot at everything that get close. Also, rock lobbers tries to shoot at us but they misfire.

2wgsu2s.jpg

Picture of approaching orcish horde for more CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE!

j76udg.jpg

Silly orcs. Rock lobbers tries to shoot at us again, but it misfires and destroyes itsef.

10ft95l.jpg

We shoot at war boars with all we got, but to no effect.

2ylmvra.jpg

Cleve curses boar boyz to slow them down and scare their mounts.

2hmpl6v.jpg

Boar riders flee!

35iwuj7.jpg

Orcs are getting near.

34huopd.jpg

We try to scare them off by pewpewing them with fireball and casting Curse of Arnaheir.

15yu4p5.jpg

It didn't scare them, but direct hit with mortar finished the job...

xbvpl.jpg

But other orc regiment immidiately takes their place. Fucking oricsh immortals man.

27x4g39.jpg

Now they are too close to do any fancy bullshit, now it's the time for manly deeds. No gay-faggot tactics, no homo-bathhouse strategies, only manly fight side by side, till we all are naked and sweaty.

10dgm8p.jpg

We are all so pumped-up with testosterone that even 9th Crossbow regiment rushes to charge orc boyz...

1531ats.jpg

Mortar hits orc boyz killing all of them and saving 9th from dying most gruesome, but manly, death.

1zewcbm.jpg

But shit ain't gettin' any less manly. Proud warriors fighting side by side, sweat rolling down their beautifully carved bodies. Sweet smell of fear and manly excitement...

stara_basn_05_d.jpg

16kb79g.jpg

That's actually not good. Big'Uns are charging dwarves and our dorfs are going to be badly outnumbered. And only units that are near are crossbowmen... but maybe there is a hope.

In the distance, one can hear fear-inducting warcry of Eric Ragnar.

34pb4uv.jpg

Mit luftpudefartoj er fyldt med al!

24zhtdt.jpg

BOOM!

vmymfo.jpg

Our right flank starts shaking. Well, Jarema is shaking. Wołodyjowski is straight-up fucking fleeing.

207ox7p.jpg

But we stay strong and disaster is averted.

2qjixpy.jpg

While Jarema together with Ragnar went to deal with Arrer Boyz, lone orc regiment regroup behind our lines. We order Fletcher and Holger to shoot the fuck out of them before they do any damage.

xnevqo.jpg

Jarema fights arrer boyz...

20icgtt.jpg

... and outcome is as usual. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! At least Ragnar didn't make fool of himself.

2hgcmu0.jpg

We send Ragnar alone do deal with rock lobbers.

204d4h.jpg

Lone badass orc is lone and badass.

117zded.jpg

2ld7dw5.jpg

Ragnar's trail of death and destruction.

3151zb7.jpg

ncoabk.jpg

We can hear the sound of lone orc not giving a fuck so it's time to deal with this most terrible foe.

14v1ddy.jpg

23w3eoo.jpg

Mission complete.

2drco5k.jpg

htuu55.jpg

16iv7dh.jpg

That's it for this episode, till next time.

MISSION: MARCH TO ZHUFBAR (Finale... or not)

35ksd40.jpg

While you were on your campaign reinforcements from Averheim arrived. Captain Holger has new orders from the Mad Lord himself to assist us until he hears otherwise. It seems that Sven Carlsson is a powerful ally of the Lord...

f1bm7a.jpg

Awwww shieet...

35ksd40.jpg

and sent word of our need.

f1bm7a.jpg

Oh... well, send my regards to Sven Carlsson Deitrich.

546bth.jpg

2ly31ir.jpg

Leitdorf 9th joined us. I don't know for how long but when It comes to ranged units in this game, all I can say is:

0_0_0_983270543_middle.gif

2n7ked.jpg

Our brothers at Zhufbar are in dire need of assistance. I can pay you when we reach Zhufbar.

[Intelligence] He will pay us when we finally reach Zhufbar. And it's not like we will have to pay our troops again for going there or something...

kn8tz.jpg

... Oh, well if game is going to be fucking dick about it, then I'm going to choose only cavalry and hope for the best.

2s6mzk4.jpg

clip-clop...

f1bm7a.jpg

Are we there yet?

9r1sft.jpg

f1bm7a.jpg

Where are me monies dorf?!

We reached something but it's not Zhufbar...

35ksd40.jpg

The Landowner of the local farm wishes to hire us to remove a gang of Goblins who have driven him from his barns and outhouses. They have destroyed his crops, eaten his livestock and are terrorising the area. He doesn't have the resources to handle them himself and has asked us to deal with them by any means necessary.

Remember that feeling in Dark Omen? "Oh yeah! another mission, let's do this!"? Well, in SotHR it's more like "GOD, NO! NOT ANOTHER MISSION PLEASE!". But since we broken our contract with Carlsson now we need to do pretty much every mission to gain experience for our men. Especially Cleve. And at least we FINALLY get reinforcements. Since last time we got those after... I don't know, rescue Carlsson family? Things started to look bleak. But everything is fine now.

34gajur.jpg

Full strength AND max experience. I think they gained "weapon skill" with EXP but I'm not sure how this works with melee units.

16h93kx.jpg

Also at full strength, but with morale of 10 bravery x-com rookie :troll: Well, not really. They are fine but I always send them into nastiest shit and then bitch that they flee. They are very good soldiers. And don't listen to what Necroscope said about them in his Dark Omen LP (on youtube) they are manly men and Mr. I love My Fucking Voice Necro is evil.

1pe0wy.jpg

Full strength and quite a lot of experience.

2aexwlz.jpg

307 experience... Gold Almighty we are fucked.

nv7ejm.jpg

Black Avengers finally seen some action in last missions. And hey, they don't suck!

2nv9yg.jpg

Ragnar Wolves got some EXP, not that much considering that they done last battle pretty much on their own. But they get special "Potatohammer" award for reching highest levels of badassery.

-----------------
34igw9u.jpg

-----------------

2istbna.jpg

rarr0n.jpg

Next time, we do mission for a freaking farmer beacuse we are so damn poor.

MISSION: SQUATTER'S RIGHT (Battle)

29cmkwk.jpg

2wf60yg.jpg

70l1tl.jpg

Since we have to take cavalry there is no chance to make much profit from this mission. But at least we make sure no to loose money doing it.

246p6hl.jpg

... Our mission "objective".

f1bm7a.jpg

So, it came to this... we are guarding sheeps.

258axqu.jpg

Our deployment in this mission. Not much to say about it really, this mission is so easy you would think it's Dark Omen or something :troll:

16asnci.jpg

Battle starts and we order Fletcher and Holger to shoot at anything that gets near. You would think that Wolf Riders should be priority target but they are so easy to rout that Goblin stickers proved to be more dangerous in this mission.

ksw1e.jpg

Cleve casts Hunting Spear because we still have hope to get him some experience.

2z4lgsp.jpg

Stickers are routing and we switch target to wolf riders.

33k6fd2.jpg

Wolf riders charge Cleve so we order him to fall back and make room for Jarema.

106fskx.jpg

Apperantly wolf riders didn't noticed 12 winged hussars standing fucking next to them when they decided to charge Cleve and they rout because got charged from the side.

9t0pko.jpg

Wolf riders are getting royally fucked up by Jarema and we order our crossbows to shoot at goblin stickers who decided to come back.

1589ppu.jpg

Wolf riders regiment appeared from nowhere and attacked fletchet. Meanwhile Jarema rains death and destruction among fleeing goblins.

2itnccp.jpg

Stabing fleeing goblins may be fun as hell but there is job to be done here so we order Jarema to stop having fun and go help Fletcher.

1zxs5rk.jpg

But Fletcher is too manly to need help of some dudes on their faggy horses and he bitchslapes wolf riders by himself.

10msfau.jpg

After routing wolf riders, one of the Fletcher's men have heart-attack and dies (I don't even...).

21m9s1x.jpg

Meanwhile Holger shoots at some goblins that decides that they still can beat us.

ok3ii1.jpg

They were actually able to get through volley of crossbow bolts and attack Holger. So we curse them with Cleve and prepare Jarema to buttfuck them.

29lxm4y.jpg

And buttfucked they were.

34rug7s.jpg

Fletcher shoots at goblins that tries to re-group.

25thxc5.jpg

We noticed something shiny...

34nff5t.jpg

We sends Jarema to investigate.

5v19c2.jpg

I think Josh Sawyer left something here.

xzhxt.jpg

1zflr9u.jpg

One dead dude due to heart-attack...

t5hj7l.jpg

14mtdk.jpg

Not much money were made.

Ok, so now we can finally go to Zhufbar, for free right? because we payed for this trip, like, three times by now...

2wm05et.jpg

FAK U GAEM...

30hmue0.jpg

33dcac1.jpg

157p2y8.jpg

2up5qab.jpg

zojdrs.jpg

We've blew our money on coke and hussars...

MISSION: GRUMM'S GATE (Biefing and Battle)

2n7ked.jpg

There is more than one way to get into the city. Our best chance is through on of the secondary gates. Grumm's Gate is guarded by a Goblin Shaman and his bodyguard. A surprise attack by a selected few would create a diversion, enabling the rest of your army to slip into the city. This attack must hold the main Goblin force and then make a run for the open gate before the greenskins can take advantage.

f1bm7a.jpg

How can you be sure there will be someone to open them for us?

2n7ked.jpg

We are expected to arrive through the Underway or the secondary gates. My comrades will be watching for us.

f1bm7a.jpg

This is fucking suicide mission, right?

335cq4g.jpg

Certainty of death...

f1bm7a.jpg

And you won't even pay us for it if we survive?

335cq4g.jpg

*small* chance of success...

f1bm7a.jpg

What are we waiting for?

11sywk7.jpg

10mvsee.jpg

Our "selected few". We can't afford anything else.

ezhmkk.jpg

This is where our diversion force starts.

2hn268g.jpg

From this place, rest of our army will try to make their way to Grumm's Gate.

243hkio.jpg

Goblin watchmen.

vo1ngm.jpg

Our deployment.

2aez48h.jpg

We immidiately order our troops to start making their way towards Gumm's Gate.

2cyl9ip.jpg

Enemy sends night goblins to harass us so we order dwarfs to shoot them.

5bpegx.jpg

Night goblins are not very dangerous by themselves, but they have "Goblin fanatics" among their ranks who are basically berserkers who smash everything around them and are OP piece of shit design in a wargame apperantly favorite unit of Dark Omen modders.

6ixlyv.jpg

We tell Fletcher and Holger to help dwarves shooting night goblins because we don't want those cunts anywhere near our troops.

2ugfouv.jpg

Also we order Jarema to get into position, in case that three regiments of crossbows were not enough to stop night goblins.

351uale.jpg

Come on! die you walking reminder of how random Warhammer is!

2liykqt.jpg

Yes!

29lxpaq.jpg

We order Fletcher to continue shooting at fleeing night goblins while rest of crossbows target approaching wolf riders.

34fjmmu.jpg

PEW PEW!

34pavzp.jpg

Some wolf riders breaks under volleys of crossbows bolts.

nqd3id.jpg

More goblins are routing so we order crossbowmen to move up north.

2rq0rvo.jpg

2je756r.jpg

More goblins coming...

25gh21c.jpg

So we order our expendables trusy dwarves to shoot at approaching goblins and slow them down.

332y0as.jpg

Our army is getting near the gate so we order Fletcher and Holger to help dwarves fend off goblins.

k12l1f.jpg

Two regiments are coming our way.

nwiq2q.jpg

On of them breaks...

20i6xee.jpg

... But the other one continues their march.

1z4zkw0.jpg

Meanwhile, our army is getting ready to go through the gate.

9k2yrn.jpg

Wolf riders managed to get through suppresive fire and are ready to charge dwarves... well, dorfs are on their own now.

2nk00a8.jpg

Not a very fair fight to be honest...

2h6zjn6.jpg

But sacrifice made by dwarves bought us enough time to get most of our army through Grumm's Gate.

sfxk5f.jpg

Holy crap, they are fucked.

xc4yrk.jpg

Rest of army get's their asses into the city.

2rr9r0x.jpg

And the gate closes!

2e3bm9k.jpg

Many dissapointed orcs.

tumblr_lskea5vkJi1qk2dn1o1_500.gif

693uyw.jpg

2evgup4.jpg

346kius.jpg

Two dorf regiments got screwed but someone had to be sacrificed because gates will close if orcs gets near it... and traps your army.

v836ts.jpg

And we got freaking paid!

970139-Parada-Niepodleglosci-w-Gdansku__kr.jpg

Grudgebringers finally got into Zhufbar proper...

:bro: MOAR!

But why did you abandon beautiful and detailed MS Paint arrows to show your tactical genius ?

Yes, there is severe lack of mah beautiful arrerz in last two updates but to best honest there weren't many opportunities to draw them. Last two battles were pretty much done by crossbows. But I hope It will change now since we are at Zhufbar, which is inside a mountain apparently. But! if arrerz won't be back, the skavens will, because come on, orcs? what the fuck is this? LotR? gimme some rats!

MISSION: RAT TRAP (briefing and battle)

In this episode: Rats in a Cave and OHMAGOD RUN 4YERLIEF FUCKING WARPFIRETROWEERssSss... not really.

35ksd40.jpg

Ungrunn tells me there are many dark and ancient tunnels beneath the city which have been sealed for centuries.

f1bm7a.jpg

What is it Deitrich, did you decided to pick up geology? Don't you realize that we are under siege?

35ksd40.jpg

Apparently the Skaven have been digging their own tunnels in an effort to gain entry to those passages.

f1bm7a.jpg

Deitrich goddamit! who gives a shit about some rats doing some digging? Bloody orc horde at the gates are bigger problem right now...

35ksd40.jpg

Dwarven regiments of Iron Breakers KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAND IS GREAT have detailed knowledge of the tunnels but are far too overstreched to man them all. They need our help to fend off these Skaven intrusions.

f1bm7a.jpg

Skaven are no problem for us. So they should be no problem for Iron Breakers!

35ksd40.jpg

I understand that tunnel fighting with Skaven is brutal and savage. Our men will need to be armoured with chainmail.

f1bm7a.jpg

Exactly Deitrich! now stop wasting my time...

35ksd40.jpg

The King has promised that any of our units without chainmail armour are to be equipped by the quartermaster without charge.

f1bm7a.jpg

Oh...

35ksd40.jpg

In addition we will be paid 25 crowns per man.

f1bm7a.jpg

Oh... I mean... You know what Deitrich? Even greatest military minds listens to their advisers. I mean, those tunnels cannot fall to the enemy, they could attack us from behind... Wołodyjowski! prepare our men! we must help Iron Breakers, those tunnels CANNOT FALL!

14abkop.jpg

How many men are to be prepared sir?

f1bm7a.jpg

Wołodyjowski do you think this is a motherfucking game? ALL OF THEM!

2zf8nle.jpg

*whistle* *whistle*

140hs1h.jpg

*whistle*...

24pi82d.jpg

We start near some green puddle, I don't think it's dangerous but I don't deploy my troops directly on it, just in case.

2iizmeq.jpg

This is where are enemies are. Let's take a look at them, shall we...

2zodoxl.jpg

Stormvermin, lots of them, and they are wielding halberds which seems like a pretty fucking stupid idea in close quarters but I'm not weaponologist so the fuck I know...

xmpxmb.jpg

Warpfire trowers, dungerous as hell when used properly.

b88spy.jpg

Clan rats. Nothing to write home about.

9rk57s.jpg

Our deployment. Grudgebringers finally look like force to be reckoned with.

hvw96w.jpg

We start battle and order everyone to shoot at approaching skaven. Stormvermin are priority target.

mb03lk.jpg

Horde is moving. I didn't bother to shoot at warptrowers yet, they are too far and, just like in Final Liberation, AI loves to put his troops in your blind spots. 'Cause Eddie Knows! AI Knows!

wuh311.jpg

We move Cleve slightly so he has clean line of sight.

1z5nj2f.jpg

Stormvermin are in range of... everything, and going to have some really bad time.

24xnt6b.jpg

2upcln4.jpg

Told ya!

2lup7ya.jpg

Clan rats immidiately take their place.

2nbr7ds.jpg

But breaks under storm of crossbow bolts...

9pwfbs.jpg

... And got hit by mortar! This is liek, best mission evah.

sglfsk.jpg

Now it's 2nd stormvermin regiment turn.

2yttvea.jpg

They are getting quite far so Cleve curses them.

a9v0wl.jpg

Get to the shingle!

t82j3p.jpg

But they got hit by a mortar! who would have expected that?

2mahzo.jpg

Their friends almosted reached us though...

29fbhv7.jpg

... But got hit by a mortar! holy shit I love this mission...

2upctjd.jpg

Ok, mortars finally stopped being so damn deadly and it allowed Clan rats to get to us.

30cp2s0.jpg

I was paying so much attention to our left flank (because all those exploding rats, man) that I didn't noticed there is a fight going on on our right flank. I don't know if Ramon Black is better at fighting skaven than orcs, but he has some special dialogue lines when fighting them (and his chatter is what got my attention actually).

14t0uaw.jpg

So we prepare some old-school viking butt-rape.

2hyjgpt.jpg

One clan rat regiment on our left routed so I changed my plan. And this gave opportunity to draw some more arrerz...

a10hzo.jpg

It doesn't really matter who attacks from behind anyway.

2qu7z3q.jpg

Ramon and Eric finally finished raping stormvermin.

292s0vd.jpg

Left flank is also finished.

1z1sryh.jpg

There is one regiment left... and they are just standing there doing nothing.

xbxx4z.jpg

We send pretty big force to deal with one regiment. But this looks like trap if I ever saw one...

jqgrqc.jpg

We shoot them while not getting too close because they probably have tactical-nuke or some shit like that...

2en3wx0.jpg

Actually, they don't have tactical-nuke and this whole bullshit was waste of time, but you can never be too sure, this is Shadow of the Horned Rat after all.

2yyxsmt.jpg

Soon they are dead and mission is over.

213ouh3.jpg

2caqdv.jpg

21km4k2.jpg

zvvdx5.jpg

God damn that's beautiful!

douglas_macarthur.jpg

In many situations that seemed desperate, the artillery has been a most vital factor. If not for artillery, oversized rats would have capture ancient tunnels under dwarven fortress of Zhufbar...

Gen Douglas MacArthur

MISSION: SLAVE ASSAULT (briefing and battle)

More exploding rats and I think I catched cold because I feel like crap...

35ksd40.jpg

My lord, we have been summoned to assist in repelling a major attack in the lower halls. The Skaven are sending their slaves in to try to exhaust the Dwarf front line, no doubt as a prelude to an attack by their Stormvermin. We are to bolster the front line until they can replace us with fresh unit.

f1bm7a.jpg

I have had it with these motherfucking rats in this motherfucking caves!

But we want to see more exploding rats, so we accept the mission.

x5sbqu.jpg

293bl6t.jpg

I actually decided to take BOTH mortars, because this doubles our chances to see exploding rats, even if it will costs us a little bit.

nde94.jpg

Battle overview. There is about as many slave rats here as there are bicycles in Beijing, I don't know how many that is, you can ask this georgian chick with a guitar if you want, but I think that's quite a lot of fucking bicycles...

spx56q.jpg

... Anyway, this is how we deployed.

dzdrah.jpg

Six regiments with 29 clan rats each, this makes a number of 172 clanrats total. This is, in fact, less than all the bicycles in Beijing so I am basically full of shit.

3328eg4.jpg

Skaven slave rats. They are send to battle with nothing but a stick and a loin cloth.

mujqex.jpg

Everyone gets his order (shoot at rats) and the battle begins. Actually battle begins first, then everyone gets his order because you can't give order before begining a battle like in Dark Omen.

zw1d0h.jpg

Artillery barrage starts, and that means...

1495sog.jpg

Yup, exploding rats.

jsj86o.jpg

Volley of crossbow bolts. Also, look at message bar, whole battle will be like that. FIRE, FIRE, RELOAD!, FIRE FIRE! RELOAD FIRE FIRE FIRE...

mcw7pv.jpg

More bolts and cannoballs.

15nsi2b.jpg

I think my mortar crew started to pity those slaves and misses on purpouse.

2a7bml0.jpg

Some skaven got to our lines, and we were forced to move Cleve away.

6ru3ok.jpg

Slave rats wanted to charge Cleve so badly, that they exposed their side to Iron Breakers. Also, I don't like Iron Breakers so they get ugly arrer.

2rhvdjq.jpg

While dwarves are taking care of left flank we concentrate on fending off rats attacking our center.

14m3u3s.jpg

Fletcher's men are so experienced by now that they are basically machineguns. But some rat's still managed to get to our lines.

2wovm1l.jpg

I decided to charge slave rats with Iron Breakers. Even if this means they are going to be surrounded. I hoped that Iron Breakers charge will brake one regiment and they will be able to concentrate on the other. Anyway, just standing also wouldn't be such a great idea.

2rom72q.jpg

Iron breakers engaged one regiment and the other is getting ready to charge them from behind...

9pufdx.jpg

But decides just to runaway instead.

xcoxtz.jpg

Dorfs on the left flank routed skaven slave rats.

28lfg92.jpg

We order them to get back into positions because battle isn't over yet.

2v2ywxs.jpg

One enemy regiment regrouped behind our lines so order Iron Breakers to finish them off. And that's it for this wave.

xl0coo.jpg

But there are more rats behind the gate up north.

mwqtmc.jpg

We send Jarema to aggro them. Because, apparently, enemy regiments don't do a thing until they get a target. Or it's just a script thing.

ixs5f9.jpg

Rats floods through the gate like a river... that's made of rats... and floods throught the gates... strange river indeed.

qqa07r.jpg

We send Jarema back and prepare ourselves for another attack.

vzcygh.jpg

Two rat ogres. They are not very dangerous to be honest, just scary.

2zi4pog.jpg

We try to kill one ogre with hunting spear.

347k2uo.jpg

But it does nothing so we cast another one.

2qk886h.jpg

This one worked.

2po8oc9.jpg

Cleve is out of juice so we must deal with remaning ogre old-fashioned way. Jarema hold the line while Iron Breakers are supposed to flank the ogre.

sytphz.jpg

But they decide to runaway, trip, and die instead. But who am I to question dwarves decisions?

ebeert.jpg

Jarema kills rat ogre...

2dwf1ft.jpg

But one of his men have heart-attack.

dwdg4.jpg

We noticed something shiny among pile of rocks up north.

30sa5wn.jpg

Magic item!

2j0xun7.jpg

6to4r4.jpg

t9azqq.jpg

No didn't made any money by doing this mission, but some rats exploded so I'll get over it.

35ksd40.jpg

The slave attack on the lower halls was apparently a deception. While the assault was in progress. Clan Etchin Assasins launched a covert operation in upper halls. They overcame the guards to the great treasure chamber and stole a single scepter of no apparent importance. It's only distinguishing was a shard of crystal in the handle. When Ceridan heard of the theft he run off demanding to see the King.

Dem sneaky fuckers! next time, we'll see what this whole scepter business is all about...

MISSION: THE IRON FORT (Briefing)

2zsp8v5.jpg

11s1lyd.jpg

2rqm4wg.jpg

Lord Ungrunn, I believe i can explain the theft of the sceptre by the Clan Etchin gutterscum.

f016v.jpg

What? When my advisers can tell me nothing? I doubt it! But speak anyway Elfling.

2rqm4wg.jpg

Centuries ago, during our war with the Dwarfs known as the War of the Beard, and assault was led on our city of Athel Maraya. At the heart of the city stood a great menhir designed to attrack the winds of magic and focus them to Ulthuan where they would be dispersed into the cosmos. During the battle, Elior the High Mage begun the ritual required to safely remove the rune crystal. Before it was complete Elior was struck down by Dwarven warriors and the crystal shattered into three fragments.

f016v.jpg

And our sceptre contains of one these fragments?

2rqm4wg.jpg

I believe so. One piece was taken by each of the three Dwarf Lords from Karaz-a-Karak, Karak-Varn and Zhufbar. However, one of these was won back by us as it travelled en route to Karaz-a-Karak. I know of its location in the Loren forest and it was for this reason I was kidnapped by the Skaven horde. The other pieces have been lost for centuries.

f016v.jpg

So what of these fragments?

2rqm4wg.jpg

The whole crystal can re-activate the menhir, and dispel the complex illusions erected to protect the city by the fleeing Elves. The power of the reactivated menhir could be tainted by warpstone to cataclysmic effect.

f016v.jpg

Maybe to your sheltered isle of Ulthuan, but not...

2rqm4wg.jpg

Ulthuan and the rest of the world would be drown...

No one ever told you to shut your fucking whore mouth when the king is speaking, Ceridan?

2rqm4wg.jpg

... in the dark tide if Chaos. The end for us all and the rise of...well, I know not what the Skaven plan.

You made up this whole story just to get out of here, right?

2rqm4wg.jpg

You must break the siege to allow us passage to Loren where I can inform the elder of events. Our existance depends upon it!

f016v.jpg

You are fortunate you arrive here with friends of mine, Elf. I will arrange passage for you to Nuln where word of this can be given to the Human Emperor. You will have an envoy and guard who will bear authenticity of my bidding. Good luck.

Holy shit, that was a lot of informations. Want some more? ok, here you go:

k2bpg3.jpg

qy90xx.jpg

288b21c.jpg

14ngqjp.jpg

9blymh.jpg

2vu111v.jpg

9srlfk.jpg

30xeoef.jpg

qx1mar.jpg

26pl3.jpg

27zj695.jpg

iwj1bb.jpg

35ksd40.jpg

One of the Dwarven fortifications in the Underway has been overrun by Skaven. We have been hired to mount a rescue for the surviving Dwarfs. We'll get paid 200 crowns for every Dwarf rescued.

MISSION: THE IRON FORT (Battle)

Update in which we grind XP for Cleve and WARPFIRE HITTING ASS AND LEGS OH MY GOD ITS HEAVEN.

344pgrn.jpg

1581c89.jpg

Our troops selection.

2mwt4t1.jpg

Deployment zone. Also, there are more damn columns that are fucking with my camera.

2uxve4n.jpg

First wave of skaven. Mostly clan rats and few stormvermin.

2v8nz8w.jpg

We start battle and order Cleve to move to better position, because this is his mission.

4pv1wj.jpg

Stormvermin approaches.

scuryx.jpg

We order Amazing Crossbow Bros to shoot them.

nmazxc.jpg

Cleve fires first of MANY hunting spears he will cast during this mission.

4uszvd.jpg

Since there is only one skaven regiment attacking our right flank (which is guarded by two regiments of Iron Breakers), we concentrate fire on center and left.

skaven.jpg

1zqq2om.jpg

Dwarves prepare to go all Matt Barton on some rats.

2j30g0p.jpg

Meanwhile we continue to pewpew stormvermin with hunting spears and crossbows.

2zgvsyq.jpg

Rats got too close so we order Cleve to GTFO.

2w57j3c.jpg

Wołodyjowski prepares to flank rants while Jarema accepts their charge.

34rdgxy.jpg

One Iron Breakers regiment got fucking routed even though they outnumbered enemy 2 to 1. God dammit dorfs, get your shit together.

nywffs.jpg

Melee on left flank.

6h02va.jpg

Iron Breaker regiment, that didn't fled, finally took care of stormvermin.

17sp03.jpg

More rats approaching at the center. Standard procedure of shooting them with hunting spears and crossbows.

wk2xd1.jpg

Some of them got through and attack Jarema. We prepare Wołodyjowski to butt-charge them. Notice that rats are outnumbered AND encircled...

2hmii6h.jpg

LOOK AT IT!

vfa62o.jpg

Apparently gods of RNG were against us, Wołodyjowski routed... But Jarema managed to take care of rats by himself and we prepare to move north without Wołodyjowski. Because he fled the fucking field. This fucking game man... this fucking game.

264438o.jpg

Our approach aggroed some rats.

2m698hi.jpg

Cleve casts hunting spear at them. And this is basically what we did for the next 10-15 minutes.

33z8u1l.jpg

We waited till our mana goes up and then we shoot rats with hunting spears. And again, and again... I was actually quite lucky with Winds of Magic in this mission, I don't remember Cleve having that much mana before.

1z1rz8g.jpg

After killing clan rats waiting for us in the middle of the map we continue our march north. Where the rest of skaven apparently have rave party and are dancing in circles not paying attention to us.

301jcs8.jpg

We try to get their attention by shooting them, but they still just dance in circles.

34q4ljl.jpg

Suddenly, mysterious gate opens.

2e2h00y.jpg

Dwarves which we are suppose to save are getting through it. Well, they are not in much danger since all rave partying skaven are mostly dead or fleeing...

22ar5t.jpg

Or attacking us, so dorfs should be fine.

2vbu13o.jpg

I don't want to loose any more cavalry in this mission so we order Cleve and Jarema to move out of crossbowmen way.

o07xvc.jpg

Meanwhile, gate opens to our right...

4gsz5x.jpg

And our left...

16sx85.jpg

Since this is apparently a trap, we no longer have time to pick off clan rats with crossbows and we must charge.

s6i2jo.jpg

Jarema fights clan rats and we order Iron Breakers to go to gate on our right.

dws3mp.jpg

335cq4g.jpg

Look out! warpfire throwers!

vc1eb.jpg

Die-die stunties!

2yn074h.jpg

v7f7es.jpg

We thought that dorfs are done for, so we order Fletcher and Holger to shoot those damn warpfire throwers.

2cos8kh.jpg

But they survived! and are getting ready to attack stormvermin and warpfire throwers.

2ih6ssm.jpg

Slowest charge in history...

warhammer_dwarves_by_gilanthegrey.jpg

335cq4g.jpg

Come git some!

vc1eb.jpg

Awwww shit-shit...

2zi4o4g.jpg

289phc.jpg

34gx0y0.jpg

Meanwhile we order Cleve to cast hunting spear at other routed stormvermin to get him some more xp.

96ykk1.jpg

And he hits warpfire thrower crew!

15s7rf6.jpg

v81v8x.jpg

rt10ug.jpg

Groovy!

v8hhz8.jpg

168xx6v.jpg

867 XP for Allor, this is more than he got through this entire campaign.

2qbg27m.jpg

2 dead and 3 wounded because of Wołodyjowski incompetence.

vys7a.jpg

We are rich! for now...

Dead Guy

Cipher
Awesome! I think I arrived broke for these missions because I always fielded everything and was fucked by the recruitment system (and my retardation). Not sure how many human missions I did, though. I seem to remember some icy map with rock lobbers or something, and some type of ogre or troll coming at me.

Ok, I'm tired of fucking tinypic trying to sell me an Iphone. So I'm testing Picasaweb thingie, since it's part of google and I have e-mail account on gmail, and there are some e-mails from my bank there so picasaweb should know that I can't afford fucking Iphone.

test.jpg

does this work?

test.jpg

is rat any bigger now? halp me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom