Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets plunder in XPiratez 0.99J6b

lightbane

Arcane
We now can produce for profit, 100k is 1 brainers upkeep...

Protip: The upkeep costs will always be too high. This is intentional, as research gives you Infamy, which gives you extra Dollaros at the end of the month. It's meant to reward an aggressive gameplay style.

We drop a guy and take wounds on enemy turn! Wtf, its night...

Many enemies have night-vision and can see through smoke, the latter only to "balance" smoke grenade abuse.

But right there I realize that the Weird Thingies are a light source!

They're way more fun than that. You were lucky to end in this random scenario: These fruits are worth researching.

Last ditch effort, or someone bites the dust

These ghostie thingies mean that said unit has received too much stun damage and is losing health due excessive stun. Heal them to avoid unintentional suicides.

We lucked out in the screen above and nab the last male gazer here

But the starting enemies are all women...

Everyone goes Vet, I wish the medals did some gameplay stuffies

That would be too unbalanced for Dioxine. You should check the latest rant he made about balance, he's quite a character.

And can now recruit hawt chicks

There are several tiers of recruiting. I usually skip to the 2nd tier for higher quality gals.

Dogo radar is tile perfect, coordinates (8,4), target kill

Pressing Left ALT once you leave the radar lets you check coordinates more precisely.

Nifty, and they say Dioxine is against grinding and camping!!!

He's against camping, but grinding is totally okay and more or less mandatory to survive against endgame enemies.
Modders gonna mod.

as well as letting an unit go crazy and recover.
Nifty, and they say Dioxine is against grinding and camping!!!
AFAIK this is actaully easiest way to train morale too. Probably keeping naked gal in bus for entire mission will cause her to freak out and make her more eager to fight properly :lol:

Yep. A few naked missions for the newbies is a great training program both for morale and your common stats. Consider it the girls' hazing ritual. Gets you past the awful "lol I can't do anything my max carry weight is 8" stage.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm trying this mod few times in a year and everytime there are some new weird mechanics.

Took recent version and was surprised by lack of any attacking plane/jet. Now you do traveling by foot and need a research for travel and recruitments? Welp.

Also - why not sell brainers before end of the month?

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted

After dogo detects where I suspected a ratman, we dash upward and have a single swing left in us - go for the kill and it hits
krSkw9d.png

Rope is a 2hander but still, this way to train BRA is too much for me
Rk53KRc.png

Manatee sleeps the next one
ic0mwY8.png

On the other side, a leftenant fires at us through a window
wzTjH4O.png

Doge finds us some victics, lightbane steps to the side of the door and waits, baton ready
Through reaction fire with 2 weapons in hands goes for high acc one?
CnjsHPq.png

Cute gangbang below
pG33rjz.png

FtS8dYC.png

AgentF dont have anyhing to destroy walls, so we have to walk...
ki6bz1I.png

Stunning continues, if I only back then
how worthless live ratman are...
I2yTYZ3.png

High elevation doesnt matter at night, I realize now xD
LpXe3c6.png

Uh, lightban runs into a rat
qE3qL6K.png

And gets mauled... probably machete style
pjKs7mL.png

After pulling all gals together on the left side, without going through the garden in middle, cause we spotted a rat in the buildling in the middle, all the tedious pays off
ULjNo09.png

Final checkup
hgTAHNQ.png

gOoD
0eZ13ew.png

No BRA++, im mad
YmIEkI2.png

Ratman turn out to be friccin useless, gonna kill em all
kbkcVGw.png

At least we get new artwork :>
xAuqVEZ.png

OCvHlOo.png

oQCrnCN.png

7Jhc7jx.png

6l2ZEUz.png

1Ohtg7W.png

Skelleton crew of orc, a squire and his doge...
8zTRCU4.png

DZhC6GE.png

lightbane

Arcane
Stunning continues, if I only back then
how worthless live ratman are...

Liutenants and brigands are actually worth capturing and researching.

No BRA++, im mad

Recommendaiton: Go nekkid for a few missions, as well as using the Sheperd staff for extra training. Also, gotta love how tough Gals are compared to XCOM rookies. In a regular game your guys would be all dead by then.

Ratman turn out to be friccin useless, gonna kill em all

Not a bad strategy once you research fully regular Ratmen and Brigands. The Liutenants are another story.

You get small armed aircraft rather soon though

Not exactly. You get aircraft capable of usign weapons, but getting these is hard unless you know exactly what you are doing, and even then luck is also involved.

Lack of bravery increase is good IMO. Every time you do a bravery check, even if you don't get an end of mission increase, counts for general statups everywhere else. You'll get it eventually and be at 100 TUs/100 Strength and whatever the HP cap is when you do.

Also, gotta love how tough Gals are compared to XCOM rookies. In a regular game your guys would be all dead by then.

Yeah, Piratez hits a good niche where you soldiers aren't exactly disposable and can be expected to shrug off some hits. As opposed to vanilla where your soldiers are 100% disposable or nuXcom where it's 0%.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Just checked how much dmg on avr Ingrid, a peasant, would do per turn if using normal guns I picked up vs a Barbarian armor with shield, ie 30 frontal armor.
rWMHfEv.png

I sawed-off can instagib an Uber in barb gear... damn, I didnt expect that...

Ehh, that would be supremely unlucky. Sawed off is 20x10, that's 0-40 damage per pellet vs. 30 armor, so 25% chance of average 5 damage. Expected damage from a shotgun jammed against an uber's face is 12.5. Furthermore in melee you get dodge while at more than 2 or 3 tiles you'll probably only take 2-3 pellets because of spread.

Though I suppose armor gets worn down and a 2nd shot might work. Can't remember how the armor damage mechanics work. In any case I'd worry more about melee. Dogs are nasty and like to sneak up on you.

lightbane

Arcane
Sawed-off shotguns are a good weapon through the entire game, especially with specialized ammo. Then there's an upgrade available much later on.

In the forums there seems to be lots of bitching and moaning about the changes to economy now that a certain resource requires Sectoweed now in order to be built, thus breaking the production rates of many players. Not sure if this will affect you too, or if it's an issue for those powergaming the system.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
I buy 2 Hands cause we are really short, cant buy more due to lack of Barracks...
AJfiNCS.png

Sexy research finishes
KH3CpXD.png

Allows us to build this shit
fqcb7NK.png

We find some victims
HriqH9j.png

Good parking!
up6OZN7.png

The dogo detects a future slave behind our ship!
piLmcbq.png

We stun the one hiding adn wait a couple of turns for the nurses to find us...
orc stuns one and runs back into the craft roffles, le troll
Kx0KP4y.png

This 'tactic' continue until they manage to prod our peasant!
XKlcr1e.png

At one point, they stop coming and we have to bait them
ZZjkftx.png

...or rush them
CJAsVoY.png

It doesnt turn out well, manatee zerks for some reason too
Z6bzNoY.png

And they start getting up too
PpbBFAK.png

But after some repeated popamole, they all go down
LqE0TWn.png

aaX8KdK.png

I am forced to dismiss runts to make place for Brains
JIcWpQd.png

Oooooh, it escapes though, I am actually glad too, cause our cripple squad is not ready for srs biz
oNVxKJx.png

Hands with fun names arrive, their stats suck donkey balls considering they cost 10 times! as much as peasants...
3rWiU1l.png

Dyfq1Aj.png

Moar knowledge
mbhUiZE.png

knDDOKu.png

And the next mission, virgin Temple Raid, with a shit squad...
bb7ECMW.png

LFePRR7.png

AgentF is getting nasty with the Saber (which in the gamefiles is called STR_CUTLASS, and the Cutlass is the STR_SHORT_SWORD...)
SEuEGTX.png

The new Hands suck though, shit melee, shit strenght
Thus the cattle prod with its 65%+0.3 melee accuracy multiplier and high base accuracy of 125 and high power of 70 actually becomes the best melee weapon...
LhhDeLy.png

Me gets the first firearm we use... because I forgot to pack the cattle prods into the vessel...
5PTTnvK.png

Scorching hawt
BTtBuXi.png

Damn, first turn, brutally exposed an visible...
Itz1nub.png

Big map too
2da3mq6.png

Dogo dashes into cover and checks for campers
Yqks6Ki.png

Next turn we grab a church maiden with some bling bling
dp0Ycqj.png

I realize that the building infront has 2 levels, which helps a lot
The plan was to move to hte left of the screen, so that we dont have to cross the huge glowing square
nZJ52Av.png

This walks out lel, only in Xpir
IQEWfab.png

Dogo is doing recon
hMrgKUY.png

Leaving the churchboy alone and trying to hide, nets us a dying dogo.
VENGEANCE for Noname!
X6QiRPY.png

Idgaf that killing earns you negative points. Fuck those niggers.
6phhn29.png

Keep fightan Noname, keep fightan!
VP9qz5G.png

We spot the evil rapist on the main square, rusty niner has no range to shoot at us
sjU3gBA.png

And this mulato
Sb93WyU.png

The situation is not nice for us. How weather drains energy like a bitch, we have to sit turns out and lose more morale
Part of the group walked behind the building and is dead tired
Cant even sleep the walking talking frogboy who basically works like a spotter to the AI..,
BMdZtea.png

Next turn, drop the woman and she starts glowing as oasis? said in the thread, I didnt realize they do this before
1Jpsc8t.png

Frogboy is still around... But we have bigger problems. Guy has a shotgun
2old2NU.png

Look at the energy bar...
Zs8LDrX.png

Another church neophyte marches in our direction, also shotgun, another is offscree iwth a machete and molotov!
RGBxDFw.png

Hiding goes well and the shotgunman runs away, we go to grab the future machete rapist
Also, one gal with the fistycuff went up to frogboy and killed him... Which I dont get, fistycuffs should only do 0.35 HP damage... Maybe she rolled a huge dmg value and murked him though
0KLbjQX.png

And have enough TU to hide
w4i58tE.png

Im tyring to heal the frog with the ghost... I seem to remember that one could do that... I doesnt work here
KZbFe8M.png

panda breaks, fook
CaSebbu.png

orc is the best functioning gal, goes full aggro alone
uHgspbf.png

Another gal panics... right into the hands of hte priest too...
I decide that he has to die at all costs cause he has a billhook and thats a possible death of an uber...
The shotty has only 4 tile range, priest survives
L1C1Cf2.png

panda will have to be a decoy, basically shielding an original Uber
TOSEsDw.png

Omg, orc runs into this in the church and puts it to sleep quickly, turns around and
UaS7XR3.png

Another one, with a revolver, orc has enough TU to hide
Fv9mNpG.png

Tension
GBaZFgF.png

panda tanked 3 niner round with a little scratch!
4AMpJ7z.png

orc turned out to be visible to the frogboy and ate revolver rounds
GnGyAWg.png

Naughty boy
6q2emXS.png

The priest getting the knuckle treatment, its damn risky if he stays standing
vBVCRCb.png

ubnelFp.png

Now we have to heal him
WMtiNDt.png

fV8fzAD.png

Next turn, Avr Manatte lucks out extremely
There was a pointblanc shotgun blast and not a scratch on him... Maybe Evasion saved him
R9BW84y.png

The chronic lack of energy slows us down to a crawl, frogboy is melee only
t42ilON.png

AvrM is lucky again, gets hit with a pistol from a sharp dressed man
About 2 turns later, on the left side of the screen, left side of the church, a panicing? woken up neophyte gets reacto-shot by someone. True story, I dont know who...
NjfjY3t.png

This cunt was never stunned and is unarmed, I didnt recognize her and she would not let me win the mission, was running after her through the whole church...
IyqSzoJ.png

AkZXAKr.png

BRA BRA BRA feels good man
zRa2ukw.png

Healing the sick
uikWYbM.png

panda gets 3 days, orc 9, eh ok
MebddWb.png

Yuge earnings
m6irgU9.png

Since we are so strapped for Hands, I look up how to get Barracks and focus
mB8RdMD.png

The description is interesting. It says 'flat value' and it does not say that evading melee costs energy.
Meaning, if a gal has 70 evasion, it could stand in melee vs an enemy with 70% chance-to-hit forever.
Attacking someone from behind drops evasion by 1/2
qBmIQD3.png

Cunning finishes or maybe weirdness, I dont quite get how to use this thing. Carry it around? Whats the point of running to your shuip to get 25 energy?
GMDSclB.png

Violence is done
ZvGnijg.png

*lynch*
zcEPiSU.png

New gear to try
kLdmzfS.png

escaped
xUeOnLo.png

escaped...
JdE5boY.png

Does x1.0 hp damage as well. Whats the point of dmg type Daze then? Resist bypass?
JfoNel9.png

Throwing trash
VbKZprk.png

Bravery as skill multiplier. kek. Looks like trash tbh, point blanc auto maybe if you dont have a shotty, but we have shotties...
Ukw9iLW.png

Boom, vs tanks?
MA3FCDY.png

3rd escape
sW4XIpr.png

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
73MBpI9.png

Survival
7SWclwR.png

Smithing sounds like what we want
KIchuo6.png

Finally, some 'armor'
FXq8sYD.png

What do? is a research topic...
Interrogation == Infamy, good
Workshop, durathread == good
Supaconductor we have a problme
R5o06sf.png

Rushing the Baracks
nd1IMn6.png

Better armor, 30 front, and 10 extra bravery, nice, oh and very strong evasion
aXrj0L9.png

Full retard outfit, with +10 flat morale loss per turn, we panic in less than 10 turns.
Whats worse, evasion is worse than on even a pirate outfit, not even mentioning the shielded barb armor...
Get +40 stamina so that you can die faster? Funny though
aKu6BEA.png

These 2 new weapons with 'throwing' in them are surprisingly good for new Hands with shit 'melee' and 'strength'
Especially the Spear, I'll post the sheet later
The high base Acc helps a lot
qth8e1u.png

qh1B5Ap.png

Spoilers, its shit, cause 'throwing'
liTmryc.png

Getting outrun again
YVvEMtf.png

Research for faster healing
s4ZrU5v.png

And whats wrong with your face!
T23cGuk.png

LGJaLUp.png

Random research protip drops =D
We'll try cattleproding fallen enemies
OvmF3gx.png

Worst pic in the game?
SMeaHFv.png

Finally!
JbMICzd.png

Lol ratman live in hte animal cages xD
MAnUODe.png

Full new research
6tM8UW7.png

L3zELug.png

uPQ46f0.png

iK3lpL0.png

We finsh strong with just +60k in balance. Though I have left prisoners unsold in case we went negative.
Fuso is japland, blackmarch is right next to us. Ungrateful gits.

Next time in Barb Armor!

9 brainers in month 1? Dang... though you got a lot of missions. I normally only buy brainers at the beginning of a month to avoid paying maintenance on half a month's work or w/e.

Allows us to build this shit
fqcb7NK.png
Interesting, but it is worth it compared to workshops making X-Grog? Pretty sure 4 squares of runts makes millions, and you'll run out of base space fast trying to use these.
Good parking!
up6OZN7.png
You can tell these are supermutant future women, they can parallel!

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Sawed off is 20x10, that's 0-40 damage per pellet vs. 30 armor, so 25% chance of average 5 damage.
You made me doubt my math :>
Its 5 dmg avr vs armor alright, but per pellet. This does not include accuracy.
The sawed off fires potentially 3 snaps per turn.
28% + 28% + 15% reload + 28% = 99% (very close to 100%, which probably wont work, cause pulling shells from the quickslot for a reload is at least 3 TU? +15%...)
With the rebalacned shotgun rules, the amount of pellets that hit is about: (1 + (1-spread/100)*(pellets-1)*choke/100) == ~4 in this case
So thats 5dmg * 4pellets * 3attacks *90%= ~50 for peasants with 35 in firing

Worst case is 10dmg * 10pellets * 3attacks * 100%acc = 300....

Interesting, but it is worth it compared to workshops making X-Grog?
I dunno lel, looks like gating prereq. for something anyway
Isnt Hellerium better for profit than XGrog already?

Last edited:
No, the pellets are 0-40 damage and it's -30 from armor. That means if the shotgun rolls a 0-30 for a pellet (75% chance) you take 0 damage. If the pellet rolls 30-40 (25% chance) you take 0-10 damage after armor. Therefore the average pellet hit should do 1.25 damage on average. Worst case is 10 damage per pellet but the chance of that happening for 4 pellets each in 3 attacks (12 pellets) is 1/(41^12) = 1 in 22,563,490,300,366,186,081. For 10 pellets each in 3 attacks (30 pellets) is 1/(41^30), you can calculate that yourself.

If the shotgun pellet hits you in a 20 armor region, it would take a 50% roll to get into the 20-40 range, meaning an average pellet would deal 10 damage.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
And they start getting up too

Protip: Knocked out enemies already count as "surrendered", so don't bother knocking them out again unless they're armed or pick up something.

Damn, first turn, brutally exposed an visible...

I dislike how Dio added the "no ship entry!" for no apparent reason except to make it more tedious.

The situation is not nice for us. How weather drains energy like a bitch, we have to sit turns out and lose more morale

But remember, camping is bad!

Also, one gal with the fistycuff went up to frogboy and killed him... Which I dont get, fistycuffs should only do 0.35 HP damage... Maybe she rolled a huge dmg value and murked him though

Fistycuffs add strength damage and melee attacks always do 50-100% damage rolls, so watch out.

Cunning finishes or maybe weirdness, I dont quite get how to use this thing. Carry it around? Whats the point of running to your shuip to get 25 energy?

With Adventurer outfit and a strong Gal, this works wonders.

Does x1.0 hp damage as well. Whats the point of dmg type Daze then? Resist bypass?

Lol, even the description tells you how shit the weapon is.

Full retard outfit, with +10 flat morale loss per turn, we panic in less than 10 turns.
Whats worse, evasion is worse than on even a pirate outfit, not even mentioning the shielded barb armor...
Get +40 stamina so that you can die faster? Funny though

IT works for certain psi-based things. As well as veteran Gals with good Bravery.

Interesting, but it is worth it compared to workshops making X-Grog? Pretty sure 4 squares of runts makes millions, and you'll run out of base space fast trying to use these.

Supposedly they're meant for secondary bases and way cheaper than 'shops. Worse, the latter are now unlocked by mercy of the RNG, as you need a rare item entry to unlock that facility. If you're unlucky, it may take you a while to unlock it.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Oy vey, u r rite... I assumed, hey, 1d6 -2 drops the mean by 2, but it goes into the negatives... I gotta look at it again but it makes sense not to be 5 avr

Supposedly they're meant for secondary bases and way cheaper than 'shops. Worse, the latter are now unlocked by mercy of the RNG, as you need a rare item entry to unlock that facility. If you're unlucky, it may take you a while to unlock it.

I thought about that, but an entire base producing only ~800k a month with an initial setup cost of 3-4M (assuming you are defending it) is really trash. Though I don't know how well the higher tier facilities perform.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Well, Average Manatee , I hope you are fucking happy...
You made ((pwr1-a) + (pwr2-a))/2
into
1/(max-min) * ((min-a) + (max-a)) * ((max-a) - (min-a)) / 2
and I cant simplify it programatically cause min-a should not go below 0, and neither should max-a

eg pellets from sawed off
1/40-0 * 0-30 + 40-30 * 40-30 - 0-30 / 2
1/40 * (0 + 10) * (10 - 0 ) / 2
100/40/2 == 1.25

arUMyY4.jpg

fakk u

Do it like this:

0 to 40 damage - 30 armor
A = mindamage-30, B = maxdamage - 30
A = -30, B = 10
(Max(0,A) + Max(0,B)) / 2 = 5 damage uncorrected
Now:
5 damage * (A+abs(A))/(2A)
+ 5 damage * (B/(B - A)) * (-A+abs(A))/(2A)

Reasoning being that if A is negative, (A + abs(A))/2A simplifies down to 0, if A is positive it simplifies to 1, so as it's multiplied it turns the formula into a sort of IF A is positive then do one formula that corrects negative damage, else do another. You can do IF-THEN statements in excel but this is a useful cheat.

If armor = 30, then A = -30 B = 10
5 damage * (A+abs(A))/(2A) = 5 * 0
+ 5 damage * (B/(B - A)) * (A+abs(A))/(2A) = 5 * (1/4) * 1 = 1.25
= 1.25 damage

If armor = 0, then A = 0 B = 40
20 damage * (A+abs(A))/(2A) = 20 * 1
+ 20 damage * (B/(B - A)) * (A+abs(A))/(2A) = 20 * 1 * 0
= 20 damage

If damage is 20-100 and armor = 10, then A = 10 and B = 90
50 damage * (A+abs(A))/(2A) = 50 * 1
+ 20 damage * (B/(B - A)) * (A+abs(A))/(2A) = 50 * 1.125 * 0
= 50 damage

Edit: wait, you don't need this.

Instead of
5 damage * (A+abs(A))/(2A) + 5 damage * (B/(B - A)) * (-A+abs(A))/(2A)
You can just do
5 damage * (B/(max(B - A,B)))

If A is positive then it simplifies down to 5 damage * B/B, else it correct for the negative damage

Last edited:
Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Seems to be longer, plus you are pulling 5 from your head.
Its already done in the arithm progression style (a1+an)*n/2, with 1/an-a1 for the "probabilites" multiplied in. It seem correct.
Your nerfed the shotties vs armor something good :>
MtK4bVY.png

compared to previous scary picture
rWMHfEv.png

Still, 13 dmg is like 20 days in infirmary

Nah, the 5 comes from

(Max(0,A) + Max(0,B)) / 2 = 5 damage uncorrected

Though if the formula you have works then use that. I thought you couldn't get a formula.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom