Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets plunder in XPiratez 0.99J6b

orcinator

Liturgist
Spoilers, its shit, cause 'throwing'

Literally the best weapon you'll have for your first year. Great damage once you get the stats for it and you can toss it over obstacles.

Yuge earnings

Note that you get more money from purses and bags if you disassemble em. Not that much of a boost for purses but like 20-30k more for bags. Not worth actually researching em but I usually hoard the bags until a prisoner teaches me how to count cash.

Supposedly they're meant for secondary bases and way cheaper than 'shops. Worse, the latter are now unlocked by mercy of the RNG, as you need a rare item entry to unlock that facility. If you're unlucky, it may take you a while to unlock it.

I thought about that, but an entire base producing only ~800k a month with an initial setup cost of 3-4M (assuming you are defending it) is really trash. Though I don't know how well the higher tier facilities perform.

You aren't even allowed more than 4-5 engineering facilities (for a total of 100 engie space) in a base until way later in the game so plantations are great for filling up space until you reach that point. And they make their cost back in 1 month if you sell em. Not to mention they're needed to harvest a very special resource later.

You aren't even allowed more than 4-5 engineering facilities (for a total of 100 engie space) in a base until way later in the game so plantations are great for filling up space until you reach that point.

Really. That a recent change? I seem to recall going ham on the X-Grog.

orcinator

Liturgist
You aren't even allowed more than 4-5 engineering facilities (for a total of 100 engie space) in a base until way later in the game so plantations are great for filling up space until you reach that point.

Really. That a recent change? I seem to recall going ham on the X-Grog.

1 workshop and 3 extractors is all you get per base. Enjoy farming.

lightbane

Arcane
You aren't even allowed more than 4-5 engineering facilities (for a total of 100 engie space) in a base until way later in the game so plantations are great for filling up space until you reach that point. And they make their cost back in 1 month if you sell em. Not to mention they're needed to harvest a very special resource later.

Ah right, the new selling mechanic for certain buildings like this one, or "harvest" as I should say. Do you get a reminder pop-up and/or does the facility visibly change once it's ready to be harvested? In case you forget or something.

On the plus side now it's possible to upgrade certain buildings to their higher tiers by building above them (assuming you have enough surrounding space).

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Literally the best weapon you'll have for your first year.
It was surprising how good it is, despite the throwing multiplier. 150 acc saves it a bit.
But still, maybe its the best ranged weapon vs heavier armor right now. But even than, dunno, brah
Heavily stat dependent. 30 TU flat to use, 8 tile range. Thats the same as 20 TU to dash, and slash with a Saber.
7hFQErb.png

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
With Barb armor finished, the evasion on em, mmm. 74% flat acc drop vs enemy melee is nasty

q19zl1E.png

Smithing finshes, I want to be a Knight in shining armor
D0BZ8RK.png

With a sword
7X6CMCg.png

Another pic to be replaced...
JOnDZdO.png

This helps with the unarmored interceptors by giving us missions...
37NRUDi.png

The barb armor has a downside though. Little free space, smokes, bandages...
TBm8Nrd.png

A new ship class escapes...
KYXohxU.png

We also can now buy stupid prizes, with stupid tokens. Now I am playing blind, I was never so far into the game.
6JNFgBb.png

Token costs are obscene. A trophy pistol costs 150 tokens, which is 1.500.000 moneyz... nothx
7bIuoDU.png

We also unlock restling. Morale and TU dmg seems really nice.
Morale damage is tricky - If an enemy doesnt quite panic, it berserks...
XSVhExi.png

1 handed
PyeTSDY.png

2 handed, low TU cost, nasty base dmg, high bonus, good acc - this seems to be serious
8DOkQxW.png

Eh
BRtEQKA.png

Like Javelins, only cutting
WVW9DU3.png

A trophy taste. The only notable thing is the dmg bonus, which our firearms dont have. At 100 BRA and 50 FIR its about +20... Not that super duper.
5 attacks at 20+20 dmg = 200 dmg, multiplied by 0.6 snap acc is 120 dmg per turn... But if it hits, can pierce some armor.
Flintlock has 50% acc and 42 dmg, fires 3 times per turn.
3DzHocE.png

Im getting pissed with all the shipping running away
aw2IV35.png

BOSS GAL is ready for action
ptwHPYr.png

Cute research gives hints
ioHixbX.png

Leftenaahhnt, ratling mafia xD
IFCMWZM.png

Part of the bandits faction
y6UAFcY.png

Ballitstics done
5mgvURm.png

And finally a Watchtower mission appears. We are full barb armor
0kj5uZG.png

Nothing happens, we reach the robot, aaand, you need a second hand to use the hammer :lol:
Everyone has a shield...
qReilki.png

Robot survives shotgun fire
hXmsOxd.png

We set it on fire!
kSPNYC2.png

And after a couple of turns it actually breaks! Thx lightbane
SL11eOd.png

A scared GO walks out
1pdqT0y.png

We try to use Manacles to tie down stunned enemies and train bravery.. .But they need a second hand as well. Fuck.
lUdFOVj.png

But since the mission took a million turns, panicing gals got some BRA :happy:
SBBRQfy.png

Oasis goes full american
Cn7RL16.png

We come back and sell shit to build a mess hall for less recovery
z1pmJtS.png

Some new research, Ive seen ratmen with it... 0-60 dmg and high acc mean trouble even for our barbs.
IPaBRID.png

Our AntiTank weapon xoxo
xPVZlLO.png

Why we are here, DR GX must die
EVFiUxT.png

A ship finally lands but its bright as day
6PZuJQx.png

Thus, long range vision
jDzm0aW.png

We are tricky though, purple guy has a shotty but no range to hit me,
MotherM stands in his vision but out of range - thinking he comes over to chat
w63kqZR.png

He doesnt but a savvy gal does
Le5w8lm.png

After some shufflign around, MotherM gets tired and rushes him. The shrap dressed man has a pistol, so we hope he misses or doesnt penetrate us
gkatnIt.png

Payback
SIW7sIJ.png

Some kind of sphere in the ship
eXuStKp.png

The live guy in the down left corner is shotting at AgentF with a shotty, who is knelling behind a tree
I skip turns, hoping to panic... and not take damage...
tM5qp4u.png

The boy seems to have unlimited ammo... Some panic and we do take damage....................
E91Q5Kh.png

oh sweet BRA
NsWAVYr.png

We find a ship engine
iynZBAC.png

And AgentF earns a medal
ryB2dzE.png

Trying ot buy another brainer, but forgot that barracks isnt finsihed...
0Lg6yKc.png

Research is done, remote base now possible but the problem is that establishign it costs 1mil upwards...
NqniVee.png

Very fast improvement, does this apply to Hands?
Oe6pja1.png

We now can buy BMWs
xvr1Y9D.png

0yCJZoy.png

Thats what I want, but we need guns for it, since they seemilgy come separately
plKyJY7.png

2iCsE6G.png

Underwater MUST HAVE?
UMgzEBF.png

Our family van
rShBQH3.png

Oh hello there...
BvdH57k.png

Last edited:

panda

Savant
Now I am playing blind, I was never so far into the game.
Heh, i was seriously wondering what i was doing wrong not going barb armor on everyone in my games. :D
Initially surpised with actual spreadsheet stuff going on, now i sort of understand why you are doing it, after all PirateZ is really overhelming at start.
While certain weapons solve 90% of problems and other junk is interchangeable, it is hard to figure out which one is which on first look. Though figuring out different stuff in a hard way is a lot of fun and amazing part of the mod.
E.g. from this update's weapons
Silver Snake is actually pretty lulzy with early Golden Codex, but not OP due to relatively accuracy.
Throwing axes are amazing and one of the early ways to quickly deal with armored enemies without resorting to melee. Gal must be at least somewhat skilled in throwing/str though.

-What do you think of turtling in the airbus and blocking the doors? Too exploity?
Idk, there can be like 50+ enemies on Jack Sparrow in your first terror mission. Good luck without that "camping" cheat, even if you skip first couple of those pogroms and go in with 10 gals and better gear.
And disregard numbers: what is difference between airbus and any other solid cover? Well, i think you just start inside and not need to seek/run into one. Seriously, turtling vs what, running in open like a retard? You can do that late game with OP armor, but at the start where 200% dmg shot might come from any corner not finishing you turn in absolutely safe position will cause unnecessary casualties.

-When is the right time to expand with radar bases?
When you can both afford and defend it IMO. For me tech wise it is around panzerfausts. I just buy and keep like 20-30 of those to fend off any hard resisting shit that can pop up.

lightbane

Arcane
Don't worry, terror missions ARE OPTIONAL... At least at the start. Read the text carefully.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Turns out you cant reach some Terror missions at all... We run out of fuel :>
nPylU85.png

As I understand it, we need an egg to unlock a Codex, which is an exclusive research path
Ai6BuwR.png

Hard to say what one wants, or rather I want RED but also GREY and GREEN
j41a4hN.png

ym2DhTC.png

hx1x7VA.png

sNZjCan.png

Ah yea, trophy entries. Bounty Hunts are gonna give us cheaper prizes.
tFIaVgo.png

kD4yZyB.png

Nothing on the list sounds like a ship weapon
JAquLG8.png

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, but the 1000 tokesn 30mm cannon is a ship weapon im, but I have to check
KKuNmGI.png

Spike Rockets, ship weapon
LHVqTOa.png

Seems like the Mutant Alliance is the fastest way to get their prizes if we sell captures?
9VRT7ls.png

A junk pile nets us a wire, which is probably a research item
lFAwjZm.png

Australian is not densely populated
ONme0Qw.png

Deep Loar
Dont kill Govt peope - ok
z6wlBuW.png

fdEfY8k.png

Martial Arts finishes, the suit has trash evasion, dunno about the combat skills but trash evasion disqualifies it instantly from melee
7YxO6z2.png

We roll some new research
RvGGNzX.png

Shit long range weapons
mywJRXl.png

What game is this screen from?
Our rapist will pay
wrw1jTf.png

Barracks finish and we get another brian
x3o1TVi.png

At 90 TU we would manage 3*3 auto attacks at about 100 acc and 35 power? I can get the same with huge evasion of a barb shield and a handle...
uN2Rx2i.png

A gal in dire need!
0MVjF19.png

MFnWWWW.png

We could make it at ngiht ... but we dont
B93XMsd.png

Surprisingly, the bone club is orcinators (or maybe not surprisingly :>) best daze weapon... And I then realize that 100% HP damage it does, wont kill 100%.
Eg, we hit someone with 100 HP for 50 dmg, their HP drops to 50 and they gain 50 stun and so now stun>hp and they go KO!
This means that I have to adjust the dmg calc on daze weapons that do HP dmg...
It is risky though, dmg that goes over HP naturally kills.
CmodDKM.png

ZTr5qjD.png

We land at day and find a 2 story shack
GfqoFyG.png

A hill grave
NurujgL.png

Da fuck is this?
osQ2wcY.png

This looks like ranged vomit spitting
bapOGH7.png

2 of em
6MjA8xh.png

Avr Manatee clears the cave and survives!
DTfv19l.png

While the zombie wobbles over, its risky dashing to it, second one in the windows..
i6EEmB6.png

Hiding behind geometyr
9tFuen7.png

It walks into perfect position
60bxwX4.png

And after 3 gals try to stun it and finally succeed, it blows...............................
No one is dead yet but still...
BT4NZqP.png

Reload?

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Any chance you might share the spreadsheet?
Its hacked together script, half of which is hardcoded with stuff like paths and items, etc
Its an abomination that wont work anywhere but where it lays...

What do you think of turtling in the airbus and blocking the doors? Too exploity?
Nothing is too exploity...

now i sort of understand why you are doing it, after all PirateZ is really overhelming at start
When I started playing, I used Flintlock Muskets... and it pissed me off that I could not tell if a cutlass is worse than a saber.
And when you gain gear and cant tell if its shit... And I would never have guessed that Javelins dont suck.

In random news, Barb Sword is nasty even in new Hand's hands. Doges are still better than them though.............
Spear is the best cheap 2H for new hands.
Bone club is great if it doesnt kill, I basically have to double the numbers it rolls in the table because HP dmg is practically added to daze.
Spiked mace really disappoints, best 1H concussive probably
Barb ax has highest dmg at ~100 but barb sword is with maybe 10 points less the better option always.
Throwing axes, here not pictured outperform javelins beacause of a better dmg bonus on strength. They do cutting dmg, javs pierce.
lj1GEso.png

lightbane

Arcane
As I understand it, we need an egg to unlock a Codex, which is an exclusive research path

Not really? You need lots of working space, which can be done with a workshop, or three Extractors. Also, gray codex is the best.

Naval Gun bitch!

Martial Arts finishes, the suit has trash evasion, dunno about the combat skills but trash evasion disqualifies it instantly from melee

Allegedly good for martial arts I heard.

Shit long range weapons

Incendiary and Poison Arrows disagree.

A gal in dire need!

Rescued Gals are better than those you hire, they have stats like your original crew.

Da fuck is this?

Your first Zombie! And these bitches to boot! You'll soon learn to love them. And hate them.

Your choice. These things ALWAYS explode upon death/capture.

Nothing is too exploity...

That's why the newest update modified the airvan and airbus maps! You ought to switch to the superior Airban if you haven't done so already. Speaking of: There's a new update with a new soldier type available! And reworked morale mechanics (again, this time nerfing the decay supposedly).

orcinator

Liturgist

Naval Gun's a ship weapon
But all the ship weapons the Customers offer you are something you can either make yourself or loot from enemy ships. And it takes so long to get the tokens you're certain to have a decent arsenal by the time you amass enough of em.

What you actually want to get first are each of the faction's favors since they're needed for tech progression, the Alliance Favors being the most important. But confederate gear is probably the most useful out of the early ones that don't lead to favor.

What game is this screen from?
Fallout 3/nv. It's not the last screenshot you'll see

They're not even dead yet, stop being DISHONORABLE and run away, then buy some hands.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
You need lots of working space
I tried building an extra Extractor and got 60 working space. Manuf. entry says I need 50 but I cant start the process.
Does it need 50 in one place, like a workshop (if its 50...)?

In other news, I added the ToHealth dmg modifier to the daze weapons... and Bone Club literally went into top of the line territory...
And the 1H prod I've been running around is gone. A little thinking mistake like that and it turns out you've doing dazing all wrong...
Bamboo has a 1.32 toHelath mod, but is a melee weap with only 3 attacks...
Elsgomh.png

lightbane

Arcane
I tried building an extra Extractor and got 60 working space. Manuf. entry says I need 50 but I cant start the process.

You need 50 working space minimum, including workers, so you'll probably have to dismiss temporally all current working projects to get the thing working. Then you need to choose one of the Codex variants. Unless something changed with the newer editions, you don't need anything else... Except for storage space, I guess, as it gives you a ton of stuff instantly including a large ship hull.

EDIT: Also, I like how a great part of the updates are new changes to spreadsheets. It feels like CK2. Diox probably is looking this LP btw, as he updated the Airvan map to make it harder to camp IIRC.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
While scrolling around in the openxcom sources, trying to verify that Evasion is really just flat subtracted from the enemy acc, found this:
//for 100% dodge diff and on 4th difficulty it will allow aliens to move 10 squares around to made attack form behind.
huaZHCz.png
huaZHCz.png
huaZHCz.png

lightbane

Arcane
I don't get it. Does that mean that on Genius or Superhuman aliens get a free move upon dodging to hit you on the back?

If so, so much for balance...

orcinator

Liturgist
Guessing it's a general TU-buff to enemies?

That's probably it, I have no idea where the quote is from but it could mean they're smart enough to go for flanking attacks against gals with super high evasion. I'm fairly sure I saw melee enemies go around to melee my gals butts in my games but I didn't know it was something they're programmed to do since the AI is very random.

Couldn't find the line in my game files, is it something actually in the openxcomEx source code?

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
No no, no cheating. At least I dont think so.
It just maybe smarter if you push evasion past 100% on 4th difficulty. Its what I already always do when fighting, usually sacrificing one attack, 10TU, to circle from behind is worth it to halve of enemy evasion.

./src/Battlescape/AIModule.cpp:1287: //for 100% dodge diff and on 4th difficulty it will allow aliens to move 10 squares around to made attack form behind.

I wonder how it behaves if a gal stands back to back with another gal or wall.

Yeah. Looks like it's telling the AI to be smarter and budget more TUs so that it can get behind the target.

Wonder how it works with stuff like Cryssalids, IIRC their attack turns people to zombies even when it misses (at least in vanilla). If they still try to patch to the back it's a big advantage for players.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Having mused on the amount of bullshit that was encountered in a game about melee berserkers I have decided to reload,
mostly because AgentF is out for 54 days...

Alos, these cunts seem to blow only if stunned, not cut down like the trash that they are
They seem to know where I am as well, beelining to me after 10+ turns.
fs0cEtD.png

Its where they die. Interestingly, weaps that deal daze and hp dmg dont blow em up
9Gbgamp.png

xUEADW8.png

F00ivfQ.png

No gal to save either, fu game
GtQ9PUX.png

Some research, note to self, we need a live GO for duramesh
V8bIuay.png

cflfMio.png

koDincv.png

And can now purchase various assorted trash
Kqs0avf.png

Like daze slugs, interdasting
FoQsIo1.png

IW9W48U.png

h9KG6rg.png

We can also buy a flask taht does x25 morale damage. I wonder if one can throw it.
TPFZbNC.png

And dont get what this is? Like flares in Xcom?
pa565uD.png

? ? ? is it for when you run into scum with flamethrowers? I buy one just in case xD
N0JAwwt.png

Arrr
aGvOycF.png

zkxRGTU.png

Throwing axes are made from gold, takes years to get some and they get destroyed on use...
ggJ6RwN.png

Brawling priests, probably bed brawling
i0ZStqz.png

saxWlHz.png

We beat some tech info out of the priest, piercing ammo, yes pls
S33R1Nu.png

Another note to self, rob priest for force circuits
hgYotet.png

Well well well we meet again
1KMtGGC.png

9tpQn1C.png

? ? ? zombo.com
Ovdlyng.png

Cleve is here too
Z0Xd5x2.png

After wasting 20+ turns and chopping trash to bits that wanders around our ship, the first strix hoe appears
I feel relatively safe camping with the Xgrog there.
FUASBzM.png

After a classy gangbang, each gal has a taste, only MM doesnt have enough TU to come back to safety
IF0hqRT.png

So we sit tight, there is a 2nd strix on the second floor
doyjEY1.png

Im getting tired and send our best evasive gals to the right, tehy cant go left or front cause its too clusterfucky
iKZYuaN.png

strix dumbass
Pztj5l6.png

Gets put down
bbYPO9T.png

eLmTuzr.png

Fatman walks right into AgnetF and closes the door....... True story
opdzenG.png

orc spots 3 new friends
OOtJ2u8.png

Puts one down with AgentF and hides
CVZyvIz.png

lihgtbane cuts down the other two who wandered left
ndF4oxd.png

Aye not again
eJC6jqj.png

XuQzafj.png

Bye bye
6R5mbIa.png

Uncomfortable with hiding next to a stunned fatman, we relocate. Why is he stunned anyway?
Another strix walks past our campers, it doesnt know that its past bedtime
fHbYQj5.png

A zombo jumps AgentF, without a scratch
VbrAHUM.png

Even our less melee affine gals get some action
APC0V15.png

AgentF shields orc from most of the explosion.
They spotted the strix on the second floor and wanted to flush it.
It went wrong...
p1CzPOV.png

Last zombo rushes orc but cant touch him
vQ0sEYx.png

Ah81fVK.png

NVcufDD.png

AgentF or orc
SJVHktu.png

pNKBLOk.png

Wounded in action
Vc8SgPG.png

Camo
atMFoTc.png

:modding:
v7hc43s.png

Wasted research?
TwIV7rR.png

A maiden
EefgJaV.png

lel
NQsB5z0.png

Turns out that I used all my rare earth on Pirate outfits and cant buy em because not researched.
Luckily I started that research ealier
152yEC5.png

I cant research zombos
PJl9jDO.png

Cute
x4KgBp4.png

XNrKagf.png

Having seen that Warehouse Wars mission research is close to finishing, I put all brainers on it to get it done this month, it does last minute
j6Fb7ia.png

We finish very poorly moneywise
We need:
400k for the extractor for the red codex
400k for the car
1000k for the 5 brainers who fit into our lab
150k for plantation
150k for Hands
sWKhFlS.png

qSo2TEX.png

Last edited:
Aye, I was wondering whether getting that many brainers early rather than investing in manufacturing was a good idea. Looks like it's starting to bite. I'm not a huge fan of how XPiratez nerfs monthly income in exchange for the infamy bonus. You get a one-time bonus for a great month but since monthly income only scales up by a % each month and starts so low, you'll never get your monthly income up around the point where it pays for your monthly costs. Had you missed or been forced to abort a single mission you'd probably be well in the negatives.

You collected lots of apples, they can be processed into chateau de la mort which sells for a bit. Check the tech tree to see what it needs. Would probably give you ~2M or so.

And dont get what this is? Like flares in Xcom?
pa565uD.png

Magna lites are like double flares, twice the radius. Light is much more powerful in Xpiratez since you can see enemies across the map if you can light them up while they can't see you. They are heavy though so only strong characters can lob them across the map. Magna lites can also be used while in your hands, not needing to be thrown to the ground. What you want to do is put it in your hand to see halfway across the map then take it off before moving/shooting/enemy turn so the enemy can't react to you nor see you on their turn. Actually kind of OP.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom