Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets plunder in XPiratez 0.99J6b

lightbane

Arcane
We also unlock restling. Morale and TU dmg seems really nice.

Only usable by certain Peasants outfits IIRC. Balance!

Nothing happens, we reach the robot, aaand, you need a second hand to use the hammer :lol:

Keep an eye to the little red 2.

Very fast improvement, does this apply to Hands?

They do. Lunatic Gals and those rescued from missions are better than hired Hands.

Alos, these cunts seem to blow only if stunned, not cut down like the trash that they are

Yeah, a troll move from Diox, as it makes no sense. You can only get their live research through other means.

They seem to know where I am as well, beelining to me after 10+ turns.

They do. All zombies are capable of sensing your units so hiding is useless.

We can also buy a flask taht does x25 morale damage. I wonder if one can throw it.

Haven't tried that, I prefer to use it with stolen flamers.

Fatman walks right into AgnetF and closes the door....... True story

Fun fact: You can neutralize zombies by putting an unit in front of a door and closing it. Zombies and other melee units cannot open doors, thus rendering them harmless. They can attack through windows though.

Uncomfortable with hiding next to a stunned fatman, we relocate. Why is he stunned anyway?

Zombies have so much hp they pass out from regular attacks, which always have a small quantity of stun damage generated.

400k for the extractor for the red codex

Red Codex is one of the worst though, but it's your call. Grey is arguably the best, followed by green and gold.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
They do. All zombies are capable of sensing your units so hiding is useless.
Au contraire, if I know that they know, 'hiding' becomes very effective. Its basically kiting.
Im not convinced yet that they know specifically where my units are.

Fun fact: You can neutralize zombies by putting an unit in front of a door and closing it.
Come on man, dont spoiler me like that breh... Now I have to pretend that I cannot safely camp behind doors...

I do want to have Psi Voodoo but I also want to be a dragon though... Its either grey or red. But red feels more in the spirit. And grey is prolly OP.

What I also found strange is how all the shipping traffic in the second month dried up. Feels intentional...

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Im not convinced yet that they know specifically where my units are.

IIRC they have Sensing 20 or something, which lets them see through walls and such and spot anything in a 20 tiles radius, so they pretty much spot you instantly, bypassing camouflage and such. They also of course don't care about night vision penalties.

I hate infamy bonus as a mechanic for the exact reason you mentioned, it just amplifies success and failure. It doesn't even really make much sense narratively, why do the factions even care that I messed with a ratman village. If I were Dioxine I would have made player income solely from booty, captives, manufacturing etc and get players really invested in the piracy theme.

Yeah. It makes sense that over time you could build up a sort of "fear factor" that makes people pay you more by doing missions like slaughtering ratmen, but getting a flat bonus for it is just... what?

Though I'll guess that the reason monthly income is low is because, with the much longer timespan of XPiratez, getting +20% a month could build up funding to absurd levels. I'm not actually sure if there's a cap on that.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Having realized my mistake with the HP dmg on daze weaps, I now add Stun dmg on normal weapons too.
And spiked mace becomes the best 1handed killer for half the gals with crappy melee or bravery or strength. Vs 20 base armor.
Saber and cutlass remain the protip for high melee gurlz.
A pipe is probably the best dazing implement vs 20 armor for us now.
GOitb4S.png

Research xy
TFEMktH.png

Our first merc contract!
tujFOcA.png

Damn, 5 turns to what? Destroy a building?
5FqZYTS.png

The only thing I have that damaged terrain are molotovs and bombs.
verYwDb.png

Small map, red barn
dtl2ep4.png

Its surprisingly fun setting farms on fire........................
YmCAyGP.png

We run out of time, I dont know if we won a '''prize''' but the rating... damn
WRpeJ6y.png

Not much money for it though and I dton seem to have got any tokens from the jews either
YkOJ9wm.png

Research
xuy34Dq.png

Our Freak arrives and olelol the stamina on it and the BRAVERY ;_;
rHF2n1H.png

Cute goblins
CqOloOf.png

Expensive though
w2IFoe8.png

This wasnt enough to brew expensive wine
D4wzuu4.png

Stack Antitank Mines - ??? - Profit
I buy some at a loss
m76LXQP.png

Uber Flour required
tbnu1Yn.png

Why use a dagger if you can have a sword? I think it causes a bunch morale dmg
KeQsTK6.png

Lulz
sY87aAI.png

Gear slots are separate from armor or inventory slots?
a3UrvYY.png

Now this thing is interesting because its maximum range is 52 tiles! And with fire arrows we can light stuff or set shit on fire
GUpzS8z.png

gKcdrRA.png

Kek
lKuGfcB.png

Imagine 6 gals with assault cannons shitting all over the map with this, out of the craft.
If only the balls would be produced faster.
yZA4CmC.png

New Ufopedia entry
Wu7Sa2y.png

Oh sweet BRA training ground!
HHx1vmO.png

Most of the gals are by now pretty safe from panic at 20 turns or so.
So we go full rogue.
emUCK0j.png

The added inventory space is comforting
hfcpLdQ.png

Spread wide
zkYacGL.png

and whack
FdjLtRa.png

HD3cjG6.png

A strix without :modding:
3xwtdtA.png

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Having realized my mistake with the HP dmg on daze weaps, I now add Stun dmg on normal weapons too.
And spiked mace becomes the best 1handed killer for half the gals with crappy melee or bravery or strength. Vs 20 base armor.
Saber and cutlass remain the protip for high melee gurlz.
A pipe is probably the best dazing implement vs 20 armor for us now.

Pipes supposedly work through the entire game yeah.

The only thing I have that damaged terrain are molotovs and bombs.

Automatic melee weapons like chainsaws work too, as long as you destroy walls. Think every tile that belongs to the building as an objective.

We run out of time, I dont know if we won a '''prize''' but the rating... damn

I think you accidentally messed up by hurting the hostile farmer through your explosives, otherwise you would get tokens for every tile destroyed.

Our Freak arrives and olelol the stamina on it and the BRAVERY ;_;

Yeah, Freaks are uneven but can give you nice surprises. They break the regular stats in most cases.

Expensive though

They are superb scouts though.

Some missions only allow you to use small-sized gear. Also, the poisoned dagger is more powerful than you believe, as few things resist Bio-type damage.

The Anchor is quite good with strong galz.

Gear slots are separate from armor or inventory slots?

Neither. You can only have one item that holds the same slot (ie: Only one Ushanka will work, having another Ushanka or different headgear won't stack).

Now this thing is interesting because its maximum range is 52 tiles! And with fire arrows we can light stuff or set shit on fire

IIRC fire arrows didn't work with combat bows. Hopefully they fixed that by now.

Imagine 6 gals with assault cannons shitting all over the map with this, out of the craft.

Yeah, the assault cannon with certain projectiles is very fun to use.

So we go full rogue.

Why not try Adventurer to have even more inventory space?

A strix without :modding:

So, that's the inspiration? Is that from Magic?

orcinator

Liturgist
I think you accidentally messed up by hurting the hostile farmer through your explosives, otherwise you would get tokens for every tile destroyed.

No enemy kills on the score screen. He just didn't destroy any tiles since he only used fire.
The real trick to this mission is to just use a big explosive so you can finish it quicky

panda

Savant
Some missions only allow you to use small-sized gear. Also, the poisoned dagger is more powerful than you believe, as few things resist Bio-type damage.
Yeah, poisoned dagger is one of top tier weapons. Also daggers use only 2 inventory space, thus can be worn in quickslot, and later on one hit is often enough to bring enemy down anyway, so daggers save few TU. Overall this is good side weapon to have for shooters.

Btw, for a beginner Golden Codex offers most early game benefits, while Gray's power show up quite late. Especially if you want plunder ships - just buy Hawk and enjoy the burning.

Edit: Oh, and attack with dagger also trains reaction, which is not the case with swords AFAIR.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Why not try Adventurer to have even more inventory space?
Rogue because it still drops our morale to less than 10 so we actually panic and train BRA on easy tower mission.
I wanted to go Savage for lel but by my math, its 5 turns and we start going mad.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
0.99J7 25-Sep-2018
- Fix: AI no-Spotter Snipers (like Osiron Security) are now Spotters so they no longer ignore player's units
- Reduced Combat Stress penalty for most armors by about 25%

The new update looks like a must since the old makes some enemies passive.
Have to check just how generous the morale got.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
JpxF0Q0.png

Morale fIxEdd

Granted, its just adding a 0 to fix it.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I recommend checking the Bugfixing thread of the Piratez! forums, as sometimes include quick-and-dirty fixes for these bugs. There are also many QoL mods in the forums that are pretty much mandatory, such as Ivan's collection of minimods.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
More wet research for huntin
rix6YX1.png

Which would give us plates and stings, if we had some Fallout creatures around
Zsya4w4.png

Punctually at the International Communist Womans Day
1aBPkfC.png

We are getting paid in apples, and cash - at 0.7 of what a man would have been paid
We are paid by a man no less!
rJGQs07.png

First contact
d0Xb4HH.png

Our feminist enemies with blunderbusses - whcih means srs bzns, and they are hard to spot, harder than ratmen
tWzAIJW.png

Going ahead of the screens - the pipe experiment is not going well, its too nasty still, even vs sky ninjas
Say they have 70HP, you whack em for 30, get almost 40 stun
Now they either go down with single digit difference between stun and hp and get up 2 turns later
Or you whack em again and they are at the death door
Also, bleeding...
iyt9tP5.png

Next turn the fuggn goblin blocks they door...
I think you can actually stun these fuckers and not get minus points and they survive the map cause honourblade enemies dont shoot at those down
kQkhk4j.png

'''Someone''' blasts at a golbin from up top.
q1swHYw.png

So yellow Sheena sets teh wall on fire and orc lays pipe through another skygal
p4aBkKx.png

A golbin is dying, we patch him up, and he actually survives next turn - a miracle
JQVjMPx.png

A goblin kills a skygal with a pitchfork :lol:
He owes me 15k now
lfsjmY0.png

Sheena spotted a rival on the top of the building and orc dashes to help, in case the ninja jumps down there
GSSjwAj.png

The ninja does but to the left of orc and wobbles around
Shot at orc wtih a flintlock once, it bit
tGS4l4q.png

Another one is whacked on 2nd floor, and patched up...
HlcMVCV.png

MotherM gets blasted in the face - thats a month of no action - at least not dead
g3an4xW.png

Got lucky even, blunderbuss from the side
nOvHMvP.png

The powah of melee and high TU
T3mozE6.png

Sky Ninja tanks all the attacks from our gals... absolutely haram
And fires all around on her turn, nothing hits
Blunderbuss has very low close quarters accuracy, sub our 60 and more evasion and chance are they miss everything everytime
zvY6t2R.png

Skipping turns and we get a gal behind closed walls
GkPtWOy.png

Fire in the hall and pipe rush
G5hy4TA.png

ifYk0g5.png

MM on holidays
ioHYnsk.png

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Back then I didnt know either but its the magnalites on the floor.

I also spotted light in the airbus and thought huh, I dont remember it being lit.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
In other random news, I tried to analytically solve the amount of turns until a gal panics and it doesnt seem possible. It depends on a previous turn result with currentMorale.

If f(t) represent Morale after t turns and we start at 100 and decay with 13%:
f(t) = 100*(1 - 0.13)^t
Would neatly describe morale decay if we had no flat bonus like from bravery, but we do, and lets say its 2:
f(t) = 100*(1 - 0.13)^t + 2t
That above doesnt work cause the flat bonus plays into current morale from a turn before, so you need it inside the brackets somehow and it has to have a % dimension to be able to add it to (1-0.13)
So say you divide the flat bonus by what morale its a bonus to, but the problem is, it has to be the morale from the previous turn, so you have f(t-1) in there
f(t) = 100*(1 - 0.13 + flatBonus/f(t-1))^t
And I dont know how to solve that for t analytically...

There is "implicit differentiation" for solvable things like that:
y = x + 1/y
But t-1 is a dirty recursive thing and probably needs some clever transforms and maybe approximations.

Excel doesnt care though...
So, say orcinator has 100 BRA, puts on Savage armor, -8 combat stress, +30 BRA, lingerie +3 morale, -5 together
And looking at 130 BRA, he'll make it to turn 15 before probably breaking at 35 morale, when not killing anything
cwEIu40.png

Rule of thumb is 7.5 to morale minimum per extra combat stress. And at turn 20, you'll reach your approx min if your min morale is not much lower than BRA/2.
So say orc bottoms out at 50 morale with 100 BRA, -3 from Rouge armor is minus 3*7.5 ~23 to min morale, which would place him at about 25, which is not good enough for camping.

Orc needs another 10 BRA to go full Savage but we actually gain nothing from it...
Its a shit armor right now. Shit evasion, bad stamina recovery, 20 armor.
The only thing going for it right now is +10 to Strength and ability to wield 2H.

lightbane

Arcane
Which would give us plates and stings, if we had some Fallout creatures around

Don't worry about that, you'll find out soon what the game means with these numbers...

Punctually at the International Communist Womans Day

Funny that you say that despite having a faction that is literally made by Feminazis, not these ninjas. Also, engaging Ninjas at night: You're crazy. Why are you still using the Airbus though? The Airvan is infinitely better despite the loss of 1 Gal to be deployed.

We are getting paid in apples, and cash - at 0.7 of what a man would have been paid

Don't dismiss the value of apples! They make good alcohol.

Our feminist enemies with blunderbusses - whcih means srs bzns, and they are hard to spot, harder than ratmen

Try using the Handle for most gals and the Stun Batton for those with better reactions. For high melee and STR gals, use fisticuffs or regular punches, they'll be better.

I think you can actually stun these fuckers and not get minus points and they survive the map cause honourblade enemies dont shoot at those down

Since this is a light terror mission, the same trick applies: You can stun civvies to avoid enemies targeting them (they're still vulnerable to explosions though), or even use this trick with your wounded units. Even Chrysalids will ignore them (as far as I know).

Orc needs another 10 BRA to go full Savage but we actually gain nothing from it...

I found that suit only works to use Vodoo/Psi-related stuff if you don't have better options. In the early game, there's a ship that uses Vodoo in a weird way that you can exploit with said Savage "uniform".

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Checking out the BB and it got 25x6=150 and then x4 for 600 dmg potential on an Autoshot vs unarmored. With a reload thats 1200 lulz.
4B0pKOB.png

It becomes the best 2H gun we have vs 20 armor too.
LTlzCCH.png

Our first Large, it cycles around Thebes. Enemy base or something similar?
fP0QCi9.png

Just after we land another Temple
47z4r9W.png

And a car race, but we dont have a car.
I hope special events dont have some kind of a counter that limits their numbers.
17966T8.png

Cant wait to wear a dress :cute:
WczJrxD.png

AZOhuuM.png

I check and xgrog is more profitable than hellerium by about 20 30%. I dunno why I didnt check before...
ihPQH2e.png

Not for night ops and costs about 20k to make so you cant mass produce em to gear out your gals with bling bling
We make one or two
Kt8FWXg.png

Lokknaar arrives. Typical stats. High stamina, high reactions, semi firing. Rest is shit. Panics in 10 turns...
KEaBN2g.png

As comparison, our old guard
yHVyLjy.png

x3y7R74.png

Gj5Kf3V.png

pzgSZSa.png

V4QCOvt.png

7mf83Gl.png

UaOtI3g.png

3fzoXgA.png

Possible gear for Lokks is between 40 and 55 evasion and no extra combat stress.
They aint melee fightas though, prolly best with a shotty laying in wait
Vs humans with 9 tile sight, -6 brings it down to 3.
Its not bad but a random patrolling guy who walks into her, kills her...
UCsC6NN.png

CcjC1d4.png

0SxBjBY.png

wrAZ5Km.png

What a '''great''' start
QVvMmN3.png

Sheena slams the little boy all alone
b3dj2zL.png

We quickly relocate to the church wall
Ir5WnaK.png

And find a priest presenting his butt
AnyTO9n.png

Storming hte holy grounds, a guy opens a door into Sheena and gets the hose again
IRj1eL2.png

Church is clear, we start collecting outside
b2ZBiUc.png

Its surprisingly empty
W9cxsal.png

AvrMan tests his luck!
uR8TIRh.png

And makes it :>
Ecvlgf1.png

I cant find the last hiding enemies, mission wont end, panda is exhausted in range...
tpVNQjx.png

I return to our stash to grab magnalites, and keep whacking the standing ones, maybe they are those unstunned, unbroken
kuoQHQD.png

After a couple of turns AvrMan gets shot
or maybe he got wrestled by a woke Priest
Now that was news to me. The mofo hurt some gal after waking up and going melee unarmed.
cAAIZWf.png

Fucking finally find the last frogboy
Hnbmm7Y.png

xNFq6am.png

rQLSpEq.png

wE9A1De.png

Captures etc included, a temple run earns us a hefty 750k
bhdrwJW.png

Prison is overfilled, I sell the men
5vGB2RK.png

Master of {0}
NnQjDGc.png

TfJZRfO.png

:this is fine:
PXx7STW.png

Extractor, 26 days to RED
lgAl8rX.png

Our merry crew again, dogo, goblins and peasants...
jqWFfoD.png

The priest gets his panties searched
U5x5PSh.png

Tempting, either rob or research for a chance of Freaks
i3dixzn.png

Its shit, basically for shootists, gaaaaaaaaaaay
K3PQVlH.png

OYqsZNf.png

Lzr
JnfpGKW.png

Kek'y lore
TFYncwQ.png

Im running out of research that looks like fundamential shit, I avoid items, though its hard to say what is important and what isnt in this gaym
dBSEO71.png

3200 is a bit much speed for us
tfVXR36.png

Last edited:
You haven't researched pocket las-charger? They are the best weapon in the game

for training soldiers since they never kill anything.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Also, engaging Ninjas at night: You're crazy. Why are you still using the Airbus though? The Airvan is infinitely better despite the loss of 1 Gal to be deployed
I played day time missions before and its always an uncontrollable clusterfuck. Everyone sees everyone. Shooting galore.
But at night, I always get my ~12 tiles of comfort. I wont get shot from a mile through a window. Im never in position to get out-viewed either, speaking tactically.
I just hug walls/doors and leave a tile before a corner. Wide open terrain is rare, thats where I maybe would run into camo problems. Otherwise ninjas dont have much going for them even if I spot them at 7 tiles only.
Like, even on open terrain, I can move forward x tiles, move back x/2 and be relatively certain that 'forward' is no enemy that could move, spot and attack me on the same turn.

Why is the van better? It has no weapons. I lose a gal...?
Also, no moneyz.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
You haven't researched pocket las-charger? They are the best weapon in the game
for training soldiers since they never kill anything.
Why research when you can use. :>
When I first played the game, I slayed for months with em too. Standing in the van, shooting. Comfy.

lightbane

Arcane
Dood, the grog production bit is a must-have, followed by Chateau whenever you can do so.
Looknars are good scouts, if fragile. You need the Cars and tanks mod to properly use them during late-game.
Also, you had an enemy dying of stun overload damage here (the ghost thing), although seemingly he survived, or perhaps not. Dunno.

Don't underestimate Warrior armor, it makes you immune to small arms early on and makes these church runs easier. As for research, abuse the "press q to see research path" feature. Also, researching weapons is a MUST: You'll unlock better contacts and stuff to buy/acquire, such as ship weaponry, which requires having researched a shit-ton of guns.

Lastly, the bus lacks weapons as well, neither the van nor the bus are meant to chase and engage ships, but the van goes faster and reaches further places than the bus, so it's worth acquiring. The van may be saved for a speical event later on if you want, but it's optional. For chasing ships so that they land or shoot them, use the aircar or the airbike with a rocket launcher (the latter only if you have a specific codex unlocked, such as the Gray one). I read that chasing police cars with the 'bike to shoot them down with missiles can give you early guns for the aircar, but I haven't tested that.

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Like, even on open terrain, I can move forward x tiles, move back x/2 and be relatively certain that 'forward' is no enemy that could move, spot and attack me on the same turn.

Could you explain this? Ninjas have the same NV as you do and they have camo, and they typically pack dangerous ranged weapons too. If I fought them at night I would use fire arrows to light up for spotting and deny them their camo, but its tricky.
eM6hqfZ.png

If you have corners, its borderline trivial, you can just camp 1 tile away from it. If they walk past you, great. If they turn into you, its 3 tiles close quarters combat bitch. And you are sporting barb shields with 70+ evasion. Who is gonna hit you?

Unwanted

Slavegal

Unwanted
Don't underestimate Warrior armor, it makes you immune to small arms early on
Wat? That thing has no Pierce resist. It tanks TU by 15 and has the same front armor like Barb with Shield. An Altarboy with a holdout pistol will go through it eazy.
And it has atrocious evasion. Its literal trash.

lightbane

Arcane
They probably changed it with the newest update/s (figures), but IIRC it gave you enough armor points to make most early guns less dangerous if not outright harmless, as well as allow you to fire back with better accuracy and carry more stuff thanks to the large pockets. Of course, the Tact Vest is much better, but harder to come by/produce.

That's one of the things I dislike of the mod, that every 2-3 updates you must relearn everything, as invariably the items are rebalanced (over, over and over again)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom