Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
1/10. Trying too hard. But I agree that the game could suck tho.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This will suck. Craptastic primitive combat where you cannot even crouch or crawl. Conventional rigidity with weapons. Single shelter the whole game ie no migration drama. How will the game even begin, straight at the shelter? if we start elsewhere initially and arrive at the shelter shortly, everyone will miss that freedom and uncertainty at the beginning and will get bored of the shelter. To keep shelter interesting, they will likely do lots of scripted events ie biowarian shit. This game was doomed the moment it was conceptualized.

As often you're using trolling as a way to exorcize some completely legitimate concerns.
So the game promises depth, but inside a rigid frame. Writing in the introduction will have to be especially good if they want to suspend our disbelief on that one. And splendid school will have to be an interesting, living and breathing RPG place, instead of a generic video game HQ...

But that can be done.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've never seen anything like that last 10 minutes before. My brain fucking exploded. SO AWESOME. We have animals now, oh fuck yes, we have animals now. I am ELATED. This is going to be fucking dope. :D
You realise you actually have to make them now though, right? That money = more work. I'm hoping that works out.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Hells bells, I'm fucking ELATED to going back to really making the game proper instead of racking my brain for ways to get the news about the Kickstarter out. All my powers were being put into that. Forums, emails, interviews, videos... it takes a fuckload of time. And there were even interviews we did that NEVER GOT POSTED for some reason, which is a huge bummer. I'm not in PR for a reason - I really respect those who do it well, and I've learned things about it in my time and do the best I can with it, but at my heart I'm a fuckin designer and I want to do THAT, not just TALK about making games but MAKE. THEM. ;)

And also seriously I'm already geeking out about how we're gonna implement animals. I'm going to have to keep myself reined in on that one so I don't unleash feature creep. But yeah, god, I can't wait to really get back to making Dead State. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped make this happen.

...ok, now if it's okay with everyone, I'm going to stay off the internet until Monday and burn off all this warmhearted goodwill and elation until I'm the jaded fucking harridan you're all used to me posting as. Can't have you wonderful bastards all think I've gone soft or anything... ;)

EG

Nullified
Your avatar makes me think you're drunk every time you post.

You don't need the avatar for that. It's her own personal meme, it seems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom