Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

kazgar

Arcane
So, what's the min. amount donated to get the actual game itself?

Was there a answer for this? Haven't kickstarted yet, but if I can throw cash at the codex and get a copy the game as a bonus, i'd like that.

Any deal to be done a la wasteland2 for extra copies instead of some other stuff?

EG

Nullified
Minimum pledge to receive a copy of the game is $15. I'm unsure if we're in a similar arrangement as with inXile, however. Will you let us have our precious copies through the Codex, Elhoim?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Woohoo guys! We're now up to a "Zombie apocalypse text message"!!

!!!

Also this:

For $5K, we wanted to make an ACTUAL SPECIAL LOCATION - a game store in the world of Dead State - for the Codex, AND feature the names of donators somewhere in that store (high scores written on a sheet? a suicide note? etc? up to the Codex to decide!). We also wanted to offer something IN that game store (comics?) that is Codex-related - a series of 3-5 comics that the Codex decides the style/theme/characters to (superhero comic? sci-fi? shogo manga?) Also a boardgame related item - what's the name, description, and objective in this unique item?

We wanted to be CERTAIN that the Codex knows we're offering up some special shit for you guys - you're unique and we wanted something to reflect that! :D Please, please let everyone know - DoubleBear collectively /brofists the Codex, and we're excited to offer you specialty shineys!

With that in mind, I did some tier rearrangement (with the blessing of the team) to offer UNIQUE tier rewards to the Codex:

$250 - 15 digital copies, Codex thanked (in aggregate) in the Special Thanks in the credits
$350 - personal info in game #1 ("Be memorialized somewhere in the game - name and key personal information incorporated into the world of Dead State")
$475 - personal info #2
$500 - text message #1 ("We will include your zombie apocalypse text message - up to 250 characters - written by you in the game as part of collectible in-game data.")
$550 - text message #2
$600 - ad poster for the "RPG Codex" store (designed by our logo artist, Brandon, and placed somewhere in the game)
$750 - character portrait!
$800 - zombie portrait!
$850 - equipment item (i.e. not a weapon or armor)
$1250 - game morale item (board or videogame - CAN YOU SAVE CODEXIA FROM THE HORDES OF TROLLS? etc.)
$1500 - 3-piece morale item set (novels? comics?)
$2000 - Zombie apocalypse story (Work with Brian Mitsoda to tell your "zombie apocalypse story" which will show up as a collectible piece of story data for every player to see.)
$3000 - 3-piece set is upgraded to 5 pieces!
$3500 - Codexian statue!
$5000 - The RPG Codex - full game store location, complete with posters, applicable decorations, and a list of the contributors in some format

For all of the writing ones, just like on the Kickstarter site, editorial standards apply, but other than that... there you go!
(and I'd include salsa lessons from Oscar in there, but I think it's up to him to decide what tier that goes on...)

Hope Codexians dig these rewards! :)

EG

Nullified
So many preciouses. We must have them all.

Come on, you penny-pinching bastards.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Give it time, it's mid month. Pay day's in like 2 weeks time.

fastjack

Augur
I definitely want to get in on this, but I am about to make a big move and will not be sure of how much play around money I have for awhile. I just want to say that a codex location would kickass and I hope we can get there.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It looks like the Codex has really been cleaned out and not even Annie's magic tits can change that.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I just donated 26 $. (Why 26? I don't know. 25 seemed quite lame)
That'll go fine with what I give on kickstarter.

The pledge is starting slowly on the Codex this time. Where's the love for Mitsoda and Family? I'm not a big fan of zombies, but this should be an interesting RPG in the vein of games we're supposed to enjoy and cherish?
I know most codexers are underage or are from third world countries were 10 bucks can feed you for a month. But I thought there were still some adults from a decent wage tier.

(oh, I also forgot to write down my name when asked. But who cares)

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
In the future, your inbred shitstains will ask you: where were you when the failed RPG renaissance came, father? Did you support the cause? Why did it fail?

And you know your real answer will be "I was paying for my WoW subscription and flirting with homos pretending to be girls while masturbating to Emma Watson on the my second monitor, that's why".

If you don't want live that bleak picture of the future wasteland, support this shit now.

You're forgot shelling out $60 for RMAH grinder 3.
Fucking this.
Everyone who bought Decline 3 and will not put at least equal amount of money for Dead State should have his brofisting privileges revoked. Anyone who has positive decline footprint is a scum, not a bro.

This headline sounds like a korean propaganda vid :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom