Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As much as Elhoim is hotter than the FLAMES OF HELL, that just seems kinda silly.

EG

Nullified
this has got to be the slowest codex fundraiser ever...

They have nothing to believe in, after what Vince did. How can we expect them to be willing to donate after such an exceptional troll as AoD?

Clearly this is all my fault. Vincent Price cannot hope to defeat the masterful manipulation Lord Militant Ess Vee has instilled upon the populace of Imperial planet Codexium. And soon? Soon the hordes of Tzeentch will swarm all over this wretched place and I shall be rewarded!!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fucking this.
Everyone who bought Decline 3 and will not put at least equal amount of money for Dead State should have his brofisting privileges revoked. Anyone who has positive decline footprint is a scum, not a bro.

Don't worry bro. i'm gonna give dead state EXACTLY AS MUCH CASH as I did Diablows 3! :troll:

this has got to be the slowest codex fundraiser ever...

Wasteland 2 offered a product I wanted. If someone - anyone - wants me to care about a game with zombies they need to invent a time machine and pitch it to me sometime before 2008-2009 or thereabouts. I wasn't terribly excited about zombie sot begin with and the recent zombie had has only increased the ennui I feel when something moans "brainsss"

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Zombies are so overdone these days man. they turned a game that evoked in me nothing but ennui into a game I actively oppose.

If they cut out the zombies I still wouldn't pay money for it, but neither would I let the world know I'm not interested in it. I'm not sayin git's a bad game. Just a game I have zero interest in. :P

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Zombies are so overdone these days man.

Firstly, it's hardly overdone from a 'proper' perspective (i.e. proper survival fixture). Unless you'd call Dead Island and its ilk survival-games.

Second, what damn do you give? I don't care for zombies. I didn't care for zombies when the wave started, and don't now. As far as I'm concerned it's a contrived, arbitrarily unrealistic way of telling a story that could be told within a realistic framework. Fuck zombies, in other words. I do however like party-based RPGs, base-management and survival games. And I'd pay good money for any RPG with any kind of depth these days. So why the fuck would I get me knickers in a bunch over the fact that the setting is not exactly my favourite?

I dunno, maybe I'm white-knighting this shit. It's just that the Codex usually has better arguments against a game than screaming 'teh graffix' or 'teh story'.

Tigranes

Arcane
It is, as far as zombie / infection / apocalypse stories go, terribly unimaginative, though. It may be different in the game, but in all the pre-release info thus far it seems like they themselves treat the setting as a stock foil. Fallout's post-apocalypse could be equally uninteresting, but they paid a lot of attention to things like the 1950's carried forward, the chronology, etc, etc. Seems like here, the developers themselves are telling you, don't worry that much about the zombies, it's about the NPC management, people, survival. The thing is, wouldn't those things be a lot more poignant, emotive, interesting, having tension, etc. if the setting tried?

I gave $15 for the main kickstarter, but only reluctantly. That's as far as I'll go.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I dunno, maybe I'm white-knighting this shit.

The whiteknight-o-meter registers you at 8.3 DeciHivers at this point. Take a chill pill bro. Even ignoring the zombies the previews didn't strike me as paticularily interesting. Like tigranes said, even the developers seem to treat the setting as something that's just there. If the devs themselves don't seem to care for the setting their game is in, why should I?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
O_o say what u will, even though I kinda feel this won't be that great - I'm still curious at how it'll turn out in execution.

RK47

Patron
:lol:

Time for bedtime story.

MKfmZ.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sorry. Indistinguishable from a really bad strategy game-slash-corridor shooter. Forgot you played mass effect.

The only thing this game has going for it is that the developers post on the codex. That's not really a compelling argument to give them money that could otherwise go towards beer.

RK47

Patron
No, I have to buy cake for my princess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom