Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Let's reach out to the truth in Persona 4! - Archive links on page 28

Who shall we romance

• Nobody

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Satonaka Chie (kingcomrade)

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Amagi Yukiko (kingcomrade)

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Shirogane Naoto (kingcomrade)

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Ebiharra Ai (kingcomrade)

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Kujikawa Rise (kingcomrade)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Matsunaga Ayane (kingcomrade)

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just a quick update today, I'm tired, keeping my eyes open is a chore and my vision is a bit blurry. That aside, let's get today;s update rolling.

001.jpg

Even though it's Saturday, we still have classes.
Apparently many schools in Japan teach lessons 6 days a week; Varies from school to school apparently.

002.jpg

yosuke_earnest.png

You saw what was on last night, right?
I couldn't tell who it was, but if someone's shown up on TV, we can't ignore it.
Let's go check it out after school. Maybe Teddie can tell us something,

ITT we learn that both Yosuke and our hero have a perception score well below 5... Where does Chie fall?

yosuke_worried.png

If it turns out someone was thrown in again, there really might be a culprit behind all this.
Even if it is something about that place that's killing the victims...
If someone's using that world s a weapon, that's unforgivable.
We need to find the culprit... no matter what it takes!

003.jpg

yosuke_earnest.png

Yeah... I agree.
You know, I tried sticking my head in the TV last night, the way you did, and it actually worked.
I think I can do that now because I have the same power...
Persona, wasn't it?
Could be that we got this gift from someone specifically so we could solve the case.
Then again, you managed to go inside the TV and get your Persona first...

Yosuke, did it by any chance occur to you that the culprit has the exact same abilities as US?
In other words, someone in the exact same situation as our hero.

yosuke.png

I feel like, as long as you're with me, I can find the culprit and crack this case.
...Well, let's do our best!

> Even with so much mystery swirling around, Yosuke is trying his hardest to move on...
> You sense a faint stirring of friendship between you and Yosuke...

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

We have just established the Magician Social Link with Yosuke.
Social Links deserve a bit of an explanation, but they're quite simple all in all.
Persona 4 has 21 i think, these are divvied up into 3 categories.

The first category are the other characters that will aid you in the dungeons. Yosuke is an example of one of these. Leveling these up tend to confer additional benefits, in the case of a party member like Yosuke, it will make him more useful in combat.
The first rank of the Magician Social Link allows Yosuke to take a one mortal attack for me.

The second category is of course the opposite, characters who don't directly help you in the dungeons. Leveling these links don't provide any special benefits, but spending time with their associated characters can have their own perks. The first of these we will probably establish will be the Strength Arcana.

The third category I can only describe as "plot milestones". This is pretty much restricted to the Fool Arcana, which we will establish quite soon under the guise of "our investigation". It will track our progress to catching the culprit.

All of these grant on average half a level with fusing a Persona of their respective Arcana. For example if I was to max out the Magician Social Link (rank 10) and fuse a Persona like Jack Frost (Magician Arcana I think...), he'd gain 5 levels after the fusion.
They probably affect a few other things (ie, which Personas are up for grabs), but I don't have conclusive evidence to this point.

To level up your social links, you spend time with the respective character or help them (eg, Magician), advance the plot (eg, Fool) and some require even the occasional odd task.

> As you form a bond with Yosuke, you feel the power in your heart strengthening...
> ...You recall Igor's words.

igor.png

"The persona ability is the power to control one's own heart... And the heart is strengthened through bonds.
"As you form bonds by becoming involved with others, your own Social Links will gradually develop."
"The power of these Social Links is what will determine your Persona's abilities."

> Social Links... Is this bond with Yosuke what Igor was talking about...?
> You have established the Yosuke Hanamura Social Link of the Magician Arcana!

008.jpg

009.jpg

yosuke_surprised.png

Um... About yesterday... We're sorry we worried you...

chie_earnest.png

Oh--never mind that. Is Yukiko still not here?

yosuke_surprised.png

Huh? Y-Yukiko-san? Uh... no...? At least, I haven't seen her today.

chie_earnest.png

Oh man... What should I do...? Hey, is that stuff you were talking about for real?
You know... All that about how people showing up on the Midnight Channel is related to that other world.

yosuke_earnest.png

Oh, we were just talking about that. We're thinking of checking it out later--

Abrupt musical change!!!
This track is so overused, it actually starts to get predictable and funny towards the end. Never fails to install a sense of worry though.
In any case, we are about to learn on which side of 4 Chie's PE score falls...

chie_earnest.png

The person on TV yesterday... I think it was Yukiko.
That kimono looks like the one she wears at the inn, a-and she wore it during the interview a few days ago too.
I got worried, so I emailed her last night, but she hasn't responded...
I called her earlier in the evening though, and she said she'd be at school today...
I-I...

yosuke_earnest.png

Calm down. We get the picture. And you still haven't heard from her?

chie_earnest.png

No...
> You summed up the information you gained in that other world for Chie.

chie_surprised.png

What's that supposed to mean...? Wait, are you saying... Yukiko was thrown in there!?

yosuke_earnest.png

We don't know yet for sure. We should check to see if she's safe first.
Give her another call.

> Chie pulls out her cellphone...
> ......

chie_earnest.png

No good... Her voicemail picked up...
She's not answering...

yosuke_worried.png

Are you serious...? Then is Yukiko-san inside that place...?

chie_angry.png

Jus--S-Stop it! Something must've come up, like an errand or something...

chie_surprised.png

Oh, or she might be helping at the inn... She wouldn't be able to answer her cell if that's it...

yosuke_earnest.png

Yeah, but would she skip school for that?

chie_angry.png

W-Well, I'll give the inn a call... Umm... I've got the number here somewhere...

chie_earnest.png

C'mon, Yukiko... Pick up...

If you clicked the link above, you may resume listening to whatever you were listening to before

chie_surprised.png

Oh, is this Yukiko!?
...Thank god, she's here!

chie.png

Uh-huh... Uh-huh, i see...
Hm? Oh. Nah, it was nothing. I'll email you again later...
*sigh* She was over at the inn.
She said they had a big group reservation and she had to help out.
Yeah... Now that I think about it, this has happened before, too. At least once a year.
She said she'll be at the inn tomorrow, too.

chie_angry.png

Oh, for crying out loud, Yosuke! You got me worried over nothing!
She was totally fine!

Having once again failed our perception checks, we will disregard the fact that you brought up the fact that Yukiko was the one on the Midnight Channel and that you haven't heard from her since Yesterday... I'm starting to think Chie's a bit of a tsundere...

chie_surprised.png

And you were all, "Is Yukiko-san inside that place...?" Hmph...

yosuke_surprised.png

S-Sorry...
But there is a reason we thought that.

chie_surprised.png

Oh yeah...? What?

yosuke_earnest.png

Well... we thought people show up on the Midnight Channel because they're already over in that world.
I mean it make sense, right? People show up on TV because they're inside the TV...
But Yukiko-san's still here, in our world. We might want to see what this is about.
Alright, let's meet up at Junes after school.

Give Brosuke some credit, he's pretty good at assembling what we've learned so far and drawing quite reasonable conclusions therefrom.

010.jpg

yosuke_worried.png

O-Okay, I think that's more than enough about my sorry escapades.

chie_surprised.png

If I hadn't seen the place first hand... I'd never have believed story like that,

yosuke_earnest.png

Yeah, no kidding.
Anyways, we need to know what's going on inside--

011.jpg

chie_surprised.png

Wh--How? By talking to that Teddie guy?

yosuke_worried.png

Yeah. Too bad there's so many customers around... I forgot there's a sale in the electronics department today...

yosuke_earnest.png

I got it! C'mere a sec.
Try sticking your hand in and calling him over. I bet that bear's wandering around the entrance anyway.
Hey Chie, stand over here. Make a wall with me.

chie_surprised.png

A wall?

012.jpg

> Something bit you!

yosuke_surprised.png

Wh-What's wrong!?

chie_wince.png

Shhh! Not so loud, you idiot!

013.jpg

He'll be right, mate.

chie_earnest.png

Wow, that looks like it hurts... Sheesh, that stupid bear must've done it.
Hey, you! We know you're in there!

014.jpg

yosuke_angry.png

No, it's not a game! Can you sense anyone inside there right now?

kuma.png

Who's "anyone"? I'm a lonely little bear like always.
This land feels so bear-ren...

Disclaimer: Teddie really said that line. All my atrocious bear puns are in update #3.
I'm kind of sad they didn't translate his lisp of ending most of his sentences with "kuma".

chie_angry.png

Shut it!
So there's no one inside...? You're sure?

kuma_sad.png

I-I'm not lying! My nose is running as good as ever!

chie_surprised.png

I'm gonna go warn Yukiko anyway.
Since she'll be busy this weekend helping out at the inn, I doubt she'd go anywhere alone, but still...

yosuke_earnest.png

Yeah... You'll walk with her to school on Monday, right?

chie_surprised.png

Sure, I'll go pick her up at her house.

yosuke_earnest.png

Maybe we'll find out more on tonight's Midnight Channel.
Cross your fingers that this is all just a misunderstanding...
What's your cell number? I'll call you when I watch it tonight.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

adachi_sad.png

And we've still got nothing that points directly to a suspect...

ryotaru.png

We don't even know if this is a homicide.

adachi_angry.png

Well, what else could it be? There's no way a body could end up like that by accident!

ryotaru.png

...I know.
We haven't found the cause of death for the first vic, and now we've got a second one just like it...
If this is a murder case, there's no doubt we're dealing with a single perp.
But if that's true... what the hell is going on?

adachi_sad.png

You know, I thought at first that this all spun out of that love triangle.

ryotaru.png

No, That singer--Misuzu Hiiragi--has a solid alibi. She was performing overseas, and her phone records prove it.
And remember, the only reason the scandal went public was because Misuzu herself broke it to the media.
No one would put themselves under suspicion that way if they had murder on their mind.

I'd imagine phone records wouldn't be terribly difficult to fake... I'm a little concerned they didn't look further into Misuzu, but I digress, she's innocent.

adachi.png

Got a point there...

ryotaru.png

Same with Taro Namatame, her husband. No matter how much we shake him down, nothing links him to the murders.
He's been working in the city for the past six months.
Seems he was here recently because of the scandal, but he was swamped with work back home at the time of the incident.
There are eyewitnesses and other evidence placing him at his office the night that Mayumi Yamano died.
And we can't find anything that shows Yamano making content with Namatame before or after her disappearance...

adachi.png

You hear Namatame's career has also been killed stone dead? He's been fired from his position as secretary.
He's practically as much of a victim as the Yamano girl.

ryotaru.png

Yeah, I agree...
Then we have the second case, regarding Saki Konishi...
She's the one who discovered Yamano's corpse... But I don't buy the killer shutting her up as a possible motive.
She was killed well after she reported the body, and the culprit didn't hide her. It's like they were meant to be found.
The only other connection is that she attended the same school as the daughter of the inn where Yamano was holed up.
But that hardly points to a motive. Coincidences like that are common in a town as small as ours.

adachi_smile.png

Yeah... I heard about that angle on the news, too.

ryotaru_surprised.png

What!? Is the story about the inn out already?

adachi_smile.png

Okay, I got it! How's this?
Maybe there was something about the corpse that only Saki Konishi knew!
And our perp killed her to keep whatever it was from leaking out!

ryotaru.png

Either way, all we can do now is to keep investigating anyone involved with the victims...
Our perp... It has to be someone in Inaba.

adachi_smile.png

Ooh, is that your detective's intuition at work?
> Ryotaru glares at Adachi...

018.jpg

Tadaima!
Nanako is watching a quiz show tonight, which leaves us with nothing to do tonight except save our game and head to bed...

019.jpg

I don't have a suitable portrait... so enjoy!
We're not going to have another one of these animated segments for a long time, if i recall correctly, the next one is scheduled for sometime in July

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

> That was definitely Yukiko on the Midnight Channel just now...

034.jpg

casual_yosuke_surprised.png

That was Yukiko-san for sure! it looked like her, and i mean, she even said her name!

casual_yosuke_worried.png

But didn't the stuff she was saying sound weird!?
And she looked like she was on some low-budget TV show... Was it like this before, too?

035.jpg

At present, nether of us have Yukiko's number, naturally that duty should fall to Chie...

casual_yosuke.png

Y-You're right! Let's get her to contact Yukiko-san!
Tomorrow's Sunday, so let's meet up at Junes first thing in the morning!

That's all for today, I'll do another one tomorrow after I've rested up, I don't imagine the next game day would be particularly big...

Obligatory Closing DISCUSS! questions

Is there only one culprit as Ryotaru suggested?
Who kidnapped Yukiko, was it someone she trusted?
Why does the Midnight Channel display what it displays when there's no one within?

What's wrong Codex? Why do you want a harem ending? Is it because you're Crispy As Fuck(R) and hoping to pick up some dating tips? DISCUSS!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Isn't it natural that the Codex would gladly go for a harem ending? :lol: Not really much to discuss there.

Anyway, I envy your ability to type lots of stuff, and am glad this LP wasn't abandoned on page 3.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This gaem... The hell? It's both intriguing and terrifying.

I haven't seen the fabled "great writing" yet, but the levels or "ridiculousness" are satisfying - as expected from Persona series.

Also, it keeps reminding me to finish SMT: Devil Summoner.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Welcome to another episode of Persona 4: The LP
I'm only going to be covering the first half of 4/17, today, so yeah, sorry, I'm going to be a bit of a cock-tease.
Though after the next update, we should be be done with the introduction phase of the game (I hope)

So let's get started

001.jpg

Looks like we're in for some nice weather

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

nanako.png

He woke up early, so I woke up with him.
He said he's gonna be late.

> If you leave, Nanako will be left all alone to look after the house...
> On the other hand, you have important business with Yosuke today...

All things considered, I suspect she's been alone at home since her mother died...

nanako.png

Are you going somewhere?
I'll be fine by myself.

005.jpg

nanako.png

Oh, the sun's gonna come out. I should do some laundry.
Uh... Weren't you going somewhere?

And so we depart for Junes...

006.jpg

casual_yosuke_smile.png

I found some stuff we can use in the closet at home.

007.jpg

casual_yosuke_annoyed.png

We've got our personas, but a golf club's not that reliable of a weapon.

008.jpg

I kind of wonder if answering "aikuchi" will cause me and Yosuke swap weapons.... probably not...

casual_yosuke_smile.png

Ahh, you've got discerning taste. This is a Junes exclusive.
The Blade's fake, though...
As for me... Wait, maybe both would be good, too.

009.jpg

010.jpg

Yosuke shows off for a bit...

011.jpg

Ooh boy... This is going to end well...
<Patrolman> Two suspicious young males found, one armed with multiple weapons. Requesting immediate backup.

012.jpg

No... No no no no, this isn't what it looks like. We didn't steal it...
Uh, I guess that's not what matters... A-Anyways, we're not doing anything bad!
We're just two ordinary kids who like weapons and... Ugh, that doesn't sound right either. Ahaha...

<Patrolman> Put the weapons down now! We'll listen to your story at the station.
<Patrolman> Hands where I can see them, too! I said now!

013.jpg

<Patrolman> Are you resisting an officer of the law!? Y-You're under arrest!

014.jpg

015.jpg

It almost looks like Ryotaru is facepalming.

ryotaru.png

...You didn't seem the type to pull a stupid stunt like this.
You know what's been going on around town. We got men stationed everywhere.
For god's sake... You're lucky I was around, or this would have ended up on your permanent record.

We're sorry...
> Your weapons have been confiscated...

016.jpg

<Uniformed officer> Seems like it... But she's just a high schooler, you know. Could be that she decided to run away from home...

Hey...
Did he say Amagi...? Then... she really is...

ryotaru.png

Hm? Who's what now?

Oh, uh, nothing...

ryotaru.png

I'm sure you've seen on the news that there's an investigation in progress... We're sensitive about certain things.
You're free to go. But this better not happen again.

017.jpg

adachi_surprised.png

Whoa... Pardon me.

adachi.png

Huh? Aren't you the kid staying at Dojima-san's place?

Oh...! Uh, can we ask you something?
It's about Yukiko-san... I mean, Yukiko Amagi of the Amagi Inn...
Did something happen to her?

adachi_sad.png

Huh? Oh, umm... Am I allowed to say...?
Well, if you're friends with Ms. Amagi... Keep this between us, okay?
We got a call from Ms. Amagi's parents yesterday evening saying they couldn't find her anywhere.
Since it was the weekend, the workers at the inn were extremely busy, and no one saw Ms. Amagi around that time.

adachi_surprised.png

Oh, but that doesn't necessarily mean this is a case just yet!

adachi.png

But, people've been turning up dead on foggy days... So we're really sensitive to stuff like this.
By the way, did she say anything to you guys about maybe going through some hard times?

Uh...? Hard times?

adachi.png

Well, that announcer, Ms. Yamano, was staying at the Amagi Inn before the first murder.
Seems Ms. Yamano had some harsh words for the manager about the staff's attitude towards guests.
The stress of it caused the manager to collapse.
And with Ms. Amagi being the manager's daughter... She must've felt pretty strongly about the incident, y'know.

SPOILERS: Considering what happens on our visit to the inn, Yamano was fighting the good fight with her voice... :salute:

adachi_angry.png

By the way, did Ms. Amagi ever hint that she might be leaving the house?
'Cause if not, there's been some theories floating around that she's laying low for some reason or another...

adachi_surprised.png

...Crap, I think I've gone too far. You didn't hear that, okay?

ryotaru_angry.png

Adachi, what the hell are you chatting with civvies for!? And where's my coffee!?

adachi_surprised.png

S-Sorry! I got it right here!

adachi_wince.png

Psst! Forget I said anything! Please!

018.jpg

casual_chie_surprised.png

There you are!

019.jpg

casual_chie_angry.png

Sheesh, what're you guys doing!?
I've been looking everywhere!

Uh, well, there was a slight misunderstanding... We'll tell you about it later.

casual_yosuke_angry.png

Anyways, something's up with Yukiko-san!

casual_chie_surprised.png

Huh? You know already!?

casual_chie_worried.png

I kept calling her, but she didn't pick up...
So I went to her house, and it turns out Yukiko really did disappear...!

casual_yosuke.png

I guess we've got no choice but to go now...
But that aside, the cops are saying some weird stuff. They think Yukiko-san's hiding to "lay low"...

Apparently, Yukiko-san's mom collapsed because that announcer lady bitched her out.
They think that gives her a motive, and the fact that the announcer died right after makes her even more suspicious...

casual_chie_angry.png

What!? They think Yukiko did it!? What the hell is wrong with them!?

Dude, don't snap at me!

Yukiko's the victim here, dammit, not the suspect...

020.jpg

casual_chie_smile.png

R-Right! That's the important thing!

With the police totally on the wrong track, we've gotta handle it ourselves.

casual_chie_smile.png

I'm going too!
And that's final! I'm going to save Yukiko no matter what!

Silly Chie, you don't have a Persona!

Are you gonna be all right...?
But man... They just confiscated our weapons. We can't go in empty-handed...

casual_chie_smile.png

Weapons...? I know just the place!
C'mon, follow me!

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

casual_chie.png

Here we are!

Wh-What kinda shop is this...?

casual_chie.png

A metalworks... I guess? They sell all sorts of metal crap... like katanas and stuff.

casual_yosuke_wince.png

Doesn't that seem weird to you!? Why would you know about a place like this anyway?

O, I get it... You watched one too many kung-fu movies, and...

casual_chie_angry.png

It's not that at all! I overheard some guys in our class talk about it. They said this place sells weapons and armour.

casual_chie_smile.png

Here, this one looks good.
> Chie examines the mail behind her...

casual_chie_worried.png

Oh, but it might be too heavy

casual_yosuke_wince.png

I dunno, Chie... I still think it's too dangerous. I know how you feel, but--

casual_chie_angry.png

You don't!
You don't know shit about how I feel... Yukiko might die from this, for crying out loud!

024.jpg

casual_chie_smile.png

Psh, I'll be fine! My reflexes are second to none!

This will end well...

Listen... I'm not kidding around.
You don't know what it's like in there! If you're not gonna listen to our warnings, we're leaving you here!
If you insist on coming, just make sure you have something to protect yourself.

casual_chie_worried.png

Alright...

casual_yosuke_smile.png

Hey, Hirato. Mind picking out something for me, too?
You're our main asset in battle right now, so I think you should choose whatever makes it easiest for you.

025.jpg

It's not like I'm short on money or anything... B-Baka!

casual_chie.png

I got my stuff all picked out! How about you guys?

You know... if we wear this stuff around town, we'll just get picked up again.
But it's not like we can waltz into Junes with a sack full of gear and expect no one to notice, either...

casual_chie.png

Why not conceal them under our uniforms? I don't think people would notice.

casual_yosuke_smile.png

Okay... Let's try that.
Alright, let's split up and get ready.
The store'll be crowded until the afternoon sale ends, and if we walk around together, the cops might get suspicious.

casual_chie.png

Then I'll see you guys at the Junes food court!

026.jpg

This is our armour and weapon shop. He only starts with a very small selection of goods, but take heed, he never acquires new stock for you, you will need to work for it.
In the dungeons we'll be collecting useless items from fallen mobs, like "large incisors", We sell these to Diadara and he will produce new items if we've sold him enough.
The mobs will only drop the items in questions if more items can be produced from them.

027.jpg

The menu should be self explanatory. I didn't explain accessories earlier, they're items that confer bonuses such as "+1 strength" or grant you bonus skills like "evade ice".

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

I upgrade our weapons but we keep our current armour; I don't consider the chain mail to be an upgrade.

031.jpg

032.jpg

A bright light flashes!

033.jpg

> There's a bizarre door before you...
> It seems others can't see the door...

igor.png

So it finally begins...
Now, if you'll give me a moment of your time...

034.jpg

035.jpg

igor.png

We have been expecting you.
The catastrophe that is headed your way... It had already taken human lives in its approach towards you...
It seems that the time for you to use your Person has come... *chuckle*

margaret.png

Your Persona ability is that of the wild card.
If you strengthen your bonds properly, their power will help you overcome any ordeal.
Our role is to facilitate that.

igor.png

My contribution... is to give birth to new Personas.
By mixing together multiple Persona cards, I can transmute them into a new form...
This, in other words, is the fusion of Personas.
You have the power to hold multiple Personas and to use them accordingly.
When you defeat an enemy, the seeds of possibility you attain will appear before you as cards.
At times, they may be hard to grasp... but you must master your fear and reach out to them.
When you obtain new cards, please do not hesitate to bring them here.
If you have been developing your Social Links, then your Persona will gain even more power...
They will be one of your chief sources of strength... You would do well to take this to heart.

SHUFFLE TIME! I'll get to that in the next update though, but I'll tell you it can be a real pain in the ass.... Luckily emulators can run at half-speed...
N-Not that I-I'd use such a thing! B-Baka!

036.jpg

margaret.png

The tome you see in my hand is the Persona Compendium.
Registering the Personas you hold will allow you to recall them at any time.
Please see me when you wish to use it.

Quite a useful little thing. A stash of ready-to use personas you can summon at any time. Plus we can only carry about 10 or so, there are literally hundreds of Personas, I barely encountered 25% in my playthrough!

igor.png

*chuckle* Do you recall my words yo you before?
"The coming year is a turning point in your destiny... If the mystery goes unsolved, your future may be forever lost."
I meant precisely what I said. Defeat in battle is not the only way your journey may come to an end...
Please do not forget this.
When next we meet, you will come here of your own will.
*chuckle* I look forward to it.
Until then... farewell.

037.jpg

You mean we FINALLY get to control our hero outside of battle and his home?! yay!
In that case, I'll give you a quick tour of the Shopping District

038.jpg

The only other accessible save point that springs to mind is in the school, but that's closed on Sundays and holidays. You can also save at home, but that requires spending your afternoon time slot. There is also a plethora of save points in the TV world, but likewise, this requires you to spend your afternoon time slot to enter the TV.

039.jpg

This is the bus stop. We will be taking this to get to one of our part time jobs. I recall being able to use it for something else, but I forgot what.

040.jpg

This is the book store. Every few weeks they have a book for sale (you'll always get the last copy), these books will raise your social stats when read at home. There are other books too, but they have special requisites, we'll be encountering several of them during this LP.
Just to drum up some excitement, getting those involves some actual C&C!

041.jpg

This is the local Tofu shop, an old woman is tending to it. We will not be able to enter for some time yet.

042.jpg

Just a quick mention for the quick travel menu.
It allows you to quickly travel to nearby locations, leaving the area will generally take you to an overhead map.
Each location generally has its own set of quick goto locations.

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

Shiroku's store is where we'd buy general restoratives.
I purchase a few for me and Yosuke, not that we'd need them today...

046.jpg

On the northern side, we can find the Chinese Diner named Aiya. Named as such for the owner's habit of saying Aiya! They generally serve social attribute boosting meals, as well as a mega-beef bowl on rainy days.

047.jpg

This bulletin board is where we'd get part time jobs - none are currently available.

048.jpg

This place sells meat foodstuffs, including Chie's favourite, steak.
I'm not sure if repeated business at this stand will result in anything, but the foodstuffs aren't very useful at restoring us in the dungeons though.

049.jpg

The local shrine, you know, for writing a wish on a placard, festivals, that sort of thing. We won't have any business there for a while, but to suffice to say the shrine is not exactly thriving at present.

050.jpg

The local textile shop, we won't have any business in there for a while either.

051.jpg

The store that belongs to the deceased Saki-senpai's family. The only view we will ever get of the place is in the replica inside the TV world.

There are a few other places, but they were driven out of business by Junes.
Speaking of which, Chie and Yosuke are waiting over there.

052.jpg

This kind of bothers me... what's wrong with your casual clothes that prevents you from just wearing your gear underneath? Why must it be your school uniform?

yosuke_earnest.png

The sale should end soon, so that'll get rid of some of the people wandering around here.
Alright... Let's get going.

yosuke_worried.png

Chie, it's not too late to--

chie_angry.png

I'm going!

yosuke_annoyed.png

Fine, but don't push yourself, got it!?

transition.png

That's all for this update.
In the next update we will finally get to do some dungeon crawling and accrue some Personas.
The introduction's almost over, so you can rest easy.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Isn't it natural that the Codex would gladly go for a harem ending? :lol: Not really much to discuss there.

Anyway, I envy your ability to type lots of stuff, and am glad this LP wasn't abandoned on page 3.

I blame the fact that the harem choice is the kingcomrade option, Codexia has always loved tradition.
Still, thanks to the likes of bioware, I was very much expecting a kneejerk "no romance" reaction...

As for typing everything up, diligence and good tools are the secret, little bee.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Welcome to part 7. When last we left our heroes, they just entered the TV World.
And since we're still a ways from the next page, I thought I'd post this anyway...
So without further ado...

001.jpg

megane_yosuke.png

What're you doing?

kuma_sad.png

Can't you tell? I'm thinking about stuff.
> It seems he's been thinking about himself all this time...

kuma_sad.png

I've been deli-bear-ating over it for a long time now.

kuma_smile.png

Hey, that wasn't a bad joke. Heehee...!

megane_yosuke_wince.png

aka, the codexian response

megane_yosuke.png

So... did you figure anything out?
Eh, it's probably useless to think about it too much. I've seen the inside of your skull, and it was empty.

kuma_angry.png

How rude!

kuma.png

You're right, though. I try and try but nothing comes out of my head.

chie_angry.png

Will you guys shut up!? Now's not the time for stupid jokes!
Listen... Someone came here yesterday, right?

kuma_surprised.png

Wow! There'sa girl with a better nose than me!?
What's your name, Miss?

chie_earnest.png

M-Miss? Uh... I'm Chie. But never mind that! Tell me more about that "someone"!

kuma.png

I think it happened a little after I talked with you guys. After that, it felt like someone was here.

megane_yosuke.png

Is it Yukiko-san!?

kuma.png

I don't know. I haven't looked...
The presence is over that way. That's probably where they are.
> Teddie points somewhere behind our hero.

chie_angry.png

Over there, huh...?
Is everyone ready?

megane_yosuke_surprised.png

Y-Yeah!
> Everyone runs off...

002.jpg

003.jpg

Dungeons have an exterior safe area, this is the one for Yukiko's castle. Here is typically where you'd swap party members and recover.
At the start you can only enter the dungeon at Level 1. After you've explored a few levels, you can re-enter the dungeon at either level 1 or the previous level you reached.

004.jpg

chie_surprised.png

Y'think this is the place they showed on TV last time?

megane_yosuke.png

You're positive that no one's behind a camera for that bizarre midnight program?

kuma.png

Program...? I don't know.
Maybe people on your side can see stuff in this world. It might be that.
And I told you before! There's only me and shadows here!
There's no "camera" stuff going on. This world has been like this from the beginning.

You know Teddie, I find it rather hard to believe a word of this nature would birth a creature like yourself

megane_yosuke_angry.png

"From the beginning"...? That's what we don't understand!

kuma.png

I dunno... Can you guys explain everything about your world?
I've never seen this "program" thingy before. So I don't know.

chie_earnest.png

Well... is that really what's happening? Are we really looking into this world?
Because the first time Yukiko showed up on that channel was before she disappeared. Doesn't that seem off?
I mean, Yukiko saying stuff like "score myself a hot stud"? That's not like her at all!

kuma.png

"Score"? "Stud"...?

megane_yosuke.png

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either... Yukiko-san would never say anything like that.

......!?
I wonder... Is this kinda like what happened to me last time...?

kuma.png

There's a lot of stuff I still don't get. But after hearing your story...
I think that "program" happens because of the person who appears on it. Or something like that...

chie_earnest.png

So... Yukiko is producing that show herself?
Ugh, I don't get this at all!
Hey... Do you feel Yukiko's presence from inside?

Speaking of not getting things, how come none of us get our own dungeons? Or was that entrance it?
I and Yosuke got ours in Saki's little portion of the world...
While Chie stupidly ran off into Yukiko's castle and endangers herself...

kuma.png

I'm pretty sure.
So, um, what's this "scoring with a hot stud" thing...?

chie_angry.png

Yukiko's here... I'm going on ahead!

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Hey, wait! Don't go alone!
Geez! We better follow her!

See, what did I tell you.

005.jpg

megane_yosuke_wince.png

She ran off on her own...

kuma_surprised.png

Urk...!

kuma_scared.png

There are lots of shadows in the castle.
It'll be dangerous inside for a girl by herself...

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Dude, are you serious!? Why didn't you tell us before!?
C'mon, let's find Chie!

006.jpg

As previously mentioned, this is the foyer area, all dungeons have one. At the point I took the screenshot was the "hot area" for returning to the entrance.

007.jpg

Before we can enter, we get to experience another healthy dose of Z-fighting.

kuma.png

These are for you. I collected them myself!
> Obtained 1xRevival bread
> Obtained 5xPeach Seed
> Obtained 5xSoul Drop

008.jpg

009.jpg

This is the entrance for the first level. The interface should be pretty self-explanatory.
As a side note, do you guys have any idea how hard it is to take screenshots when I need to have both my hands on the controller!?

We'll soon start to encounter blobs of shadow. They come either as a hovering ball of death or as a slime, as a general rule the smaller they are the easier they are to tackle.
Their size is modulated by your level, so the higher the level, the smaller and easier the shadows are to handle and that's before we get to combat.
We can also strike targets, if we're successful we'll get an advantage. It's generally a good idea to try and get the jump on your enemies as they play by the same rules as you.
There are also two types of chests about, large and small ones. Small chests tend to contain money or restorative items while large chests contain equipment, but they require a key to unlock.
Some chests are trapped (I encountered 2 of these IN TOTAL on my previous playthrough).

Some floors have the occasional gimmick, which I'll get to as we get to them. Otherwise dungeon crawling is pretty banal shit boring.
Heck, I nearly quit several times just because the dungeons were so lifeless and boring.

010.jpg

011.jpg

Before we do anything, I put Yosuke under my direct command. I have no idea how the other styles play, I never tried them.

012.jpg

As previously mentioned, doors have corridors, rooms and bosses behind them. Some are locked. Keys are typically attained by exploring further or beating a boss.

013.jpg

As previously mentioned, Shadow blobs can come in hovering form. We strike this fellow from behind, but we don't get an advantage.

014.jpg

We encounter this fishy thing.
For hose of you paying attention, there were 2 entries in the combat context menu I haven't explained yet. Tactics and Escape. Escape should be pretty self-explanatory (I never used it) and Tactics allows me to change the behaviour of my allies, as seen in...
011.jpg

015.jpg

Turns out this enemy is weak to Garu, so I let Yosuke handle it.
016.jpg

017.jpg

Now we're introduced to All-Out-Attacks. You are generally going to abuse the fuck out of this, but with that said, using it isn't always ideal.
To get the prompt, you will need to knock all present enemies over. Knocking an enemy over may also result in one of your allies prompting you to do their respective special attack. Yosuke hasn't learned his yet.
Doing an All-Out-Attack ends your current character's turn, returns enemies to their original status (no dizzy or knockdown) and usually deals a lot of Almighty (read: no related affinity) damage to them.

018.jpg

019.jpg

SHUFFLE TIME! I'm just going to skip past the flavour messages, doesn't add anything IMO...

This is basically a minigame you play after SOME battles. Partaking may also give you a chance to participate in Arcana chance, but I'll explain that as we get to it.

020.jpg

In this minigame, the cards are turned with their backs to you and they spin in a circle. They can also spin in a series of random orbits (I prefer this way, much easier to track). You basically stop the spinning when the card you want is in front of you.

There are 3 types of cards.
The red slanted crucifix is the penalty card. It will cause all your rewards from this battle to vanish (EXP, money, loot).
The decal is the empty card, it does nothing.
The third is obviously the various Personas you can obtain.

021.jpg

Naturally.

022.jpg

Peach seeds I think restore 10 HP when taken.

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Weak to lightning, all out attack finish.

026.jpg

Stairs to the next level. We'll come back here in a moment...

027.jpg

We strike another enemy. As you can see here the transition from dungeon to battle doesn't work correctly in GSdx's hardware mode.

028.jpg

Huzzah!
Getting an advantage means everyone in that winning group gets to make an attack before the normal turn sequence starts. Can really help out in these trash encounters. As mentioned previously, the monsters play by the same rules as you

029.jpg

030.jpg

As mentioned, they can also move in random orbits. We get the pixie card, no sweat

031.jpg

032.jpg

Just before I forget, their cards...
I decide against using either of them as they're weak against fire. A trait that won't serve me very well here.

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Remembering that Chie's Persona is meant to be weak against fire, I equip this fellow.

037.jpg

Yosuke's Persona also leveled up.

038.jpg

The readily accessible floor map. Dungeons do get slightly more complicated, unfortunately not by much.
We proceed to the next floor.

039.jpg

I won't transcribe this conversation as they just describe "Tactics"...

040.jpg

A door to a Boss. These will always ask you if you want to open them (obviously: yes).

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

<Yukiko's voice> she said that red looks good on me...

Yukiko-san!?

044.jpg

Yukiko is written as "Snow Child"... Is she sleeping beauty?

<Yukiko's voice> Snow is cold and it melts quickly... It's transient... worthless...
<Yukiko's voice> But it's perfect for me... Apart from inheriting the inn, I'm worthless...
<Yukiko's voice> Still... Chie told me that red looks good on me.

megane_yosuke.png

Are these... Yukiko-san's inner thoughts? I remember hearing Saki-senpai's, too...

kuma.png

Yeah. This castle is probably here because of this Yukiko person.

chie_earnest.png

Yukiko...

<Yukiko's voice> Chie was the only one who gave my life meaning...
<Yukiko's voice> She's bright and strong, and she can do anything... She has everything that I don't...
<Yukiko's voice> Compared to Chie, I'm... I'm...
<Yukiko's voice> Chie protects me... She looks after my worthless life...
<Yukiko's voice> And I... I don't deserve any of it...
<Yukiko's voice> Chie is so kind...

chie_earnest.png

Yukiko, I-I...

045.jpg

chie_surprised.png

Wh-What...!?

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

Oh man... Is that...!?

kuma_angry.png

It's just like Yosuke!
She lost control over her suppressed self! Now it's a Shadow!

049.jpg

The camera slowly rotates clockwise. Rather haunting if you ask me.

shadow_chie_gloat.png

Are we talking about THAT Yukiko!? She says I'm protecting her!?
She says she's worthless!
*chuckle* That's how it should be, right?

chie_surprised.png

Wh-What're you saying?

shadow_chie_gloat.png

Yukiko's sooo good looking... sooo fair-skinned... sooo-feminine... She's the one all the guys drool over.
When Yukiko looked at me with such jealousy... Man, did I get a charge out of that.

shadow_chie_punk.png

Yukiko knows the score. She can't do anything if I'm not around...
I'm better than her... Much, much better!

chie_angry.png

No! I have never thought that!

050.jpg

051.jpg

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Chie, calm down!

chie_angry.png

No... No, this isn't me!

megane_yosuke_angry.png

W-Wait, stupid! Don't say anything else like that!

052.jpg

shadow_chie_gloat.png

I can't win as a girl, let alone as a person... I'm pathetic.
But Yukiko... She depends on me...
*chuckle* That's why she's my friend...
I'll never loosen my grip on her...
She's too important to me.

chie_earnest.png

No... That is not how I think of her...

shadow_chie_gloat.png

*chuckle* So you're just gonna turn your back and deny me again?

shadow_chie_punk.png

But things are different now. When the time comes... I'll be the one left standing.
You won't mind, right? I'm still you!

chie_angry.png

Shut up! You're...

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Chie, no!

chie_angry.png

You're not me!

Why won't anybody ever hear us out... It's always this "you're not me!" shtick...

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Chie!

056.jpg

057.jpg

<Shadow Chie> I am a shadow... The true self...
<Shadow Chie> What do you guys think you're doing?
<Shadow Chie> Trying to defend the "real" me?
<Shadow Chie> Then you're gonna pay the price!

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Shut up! Quit being such a pain!

megane_yosuke_worried.png

Chie... Just hand in there a little longer...

<Shadow Chie> Hah... Think you can stop me that easy!?

058.jpg

Unleash the weakness probe!
You may recall that I said Chie's persona is weak to fire...

059.jpg

Apparently the boss encounter variant isn't...
:rpgcodex:

060.jpg

But she falls to garu... A weakness Tomoe, Chie's Persona, doesn't have

<Shadow Chie> Ahahaha, how lame!
<Shadow Chie> You're all so deadly serious, and we've only gotten started!

061.jpg

She follows up with Green Wall, this holsters her wind resistance so Garu won't knock her down for a while...

062.jpg

We follow up with regular attacks for a while. Our hero misses a great many of his hits.
The effects of Green Wall expire, but she looks towards Yusuke.
I have a bad feeling about it so I tell him to guard...

063.jpg

You may remember that Jiraiya is weak to lightning, Mazio is a "hit all enemies with lighting" attack.

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

We just whittle down her health for a while by using Garu and the all-out-attack...
I really hate the motion blur Atlus decided to use...
Screenshot 65 looks really weird at 49% of it's original size too...

<Shadow Chie> Are you guys idiots!?
<Shadow Chie> Why are you protecting her like that?
<Shadow Chie> She's nothing but a grubby bitch!

SUDDENLY!!!!!!111
067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

073.jpg

chie_wince.png

Ngh...

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Chie! Are you okay!?

chie_earnest.png

What happened...?

074.jpg

chie_angry.png

What's the matter...? Got nothing to say anymore?

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Stop it, Chie. It's all right

075.jpg

And doesn't our hero know it, he's got HUNDREDS!

chie_normal.png

Everyone...?

megane_yosuke.png

He's right... I went through the same thing.
So I can understand... I mean... Everyone has a side like this...

chie_earnest.png

Yeah... I get it now. You are me.

076.jpg

chie_earnest.png

But you still exist. You're part of me...

077.jpg

> Tomoe obtained!

chie_earnest.png

I... Um, well it's true that part of me feels that way...
But I wasn't lying about being friends with Yukiko...!

megane_yosuke_smile.png

Like we didn't know that already.

078.jpg

chie_wince.png

I'm okay... Just a little tired...

megane_yosuke.png

You don't look okay at all...
And I bet you can use the same power we have now.

Have YOU got the power?

chie_surprised.png

Huh...?

079.jpg

Being the introduction... We're railroaded into leaving the TV World for now anyway...

megane_yosuke.png

All right. Let's get back to the entrance, though. It's dangerous around here.

chie_angry.png

I-I never said I needed a break!
I... can still keep going...

kuma_sad.png

Don't overdo it!

megane_yosuke.png

It's not that we don't think you can. It's just, we have to save Yukiko-san, no matter what.
Now that you have the power, you can fight with us. It'd be much better for us all if you had your strength back.
That's why we're saying we should go back and regroup.

chie_earnest.png

But Yukiko's still in here, isn't she!?
I-I... If those were Yukiko's true feelings... then I have to tell her something.
I'm not as string as she thinks! It's because she was with me...
Because we were always together, I was able to act that way. If we weren't, I'd...

kuma.png

Well, you need to get your strength back! Then you can tell her!
Yuki-chan's normal. The Shadows don't attack normal people.
They only attack when the fog lifts here.

megane_yosuke.png

So Yukiko-san will be safe until then, right?

Assuming she doesn't starve to death...

kuma.png

I'm positive.

chie_surprised.png

Why...? I don't get it...

megane_yosuke.png

Teddie told us that the weather here is the opposite of our world.
When it fogs over in our world...
That's the day it lifts here, and that's when the Shadows attack their victim.
So even if we leave for a while, Yukiko-san won't be in danger until the fog starts to cover Inaba.
I'm sure of it. It was the same way for that announcer and Senpai...
Don't you remember how it was foggy in town on the days they died?

Provided Yukiko doesn't st-- Ah, fuck it, they're not paying attention...
And the weather in here is the opposite? Where do I even start with how dumb that statement was...

chie_surprised.png

You mean... they were killed by their other selves?

megane_yosuke.png

The fog usually appears after it rains.
But it's been sunny lately. I don't think it's going to rain anytime soon.

megane_yosuke_smile.png

Don't worry so much. We'll check the weather forecast first thing when we get back.

chie_angry.png

But I-I can't turn back now! We've come so far!
Yukiko's still here! She's all alone... She must be so scared!

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Then you tell me how much further we gotta go to reach Yukiko-san!

We finished the first 2 levels, so about 5 more...

chie_earnest.png

Th-That's...!

megane_yosuke_angry.png

You don't know what's up ahead. The enemies might be even stronger. If we push ourselves too hard and get wiped out, who'll save Yukiko-san then!?
We can't fail, no matter what... Am I wrong?

You know Yusuke... It would be best if we could clear another level or two....
No? No choice but to go back to the entrance? Okay...

chie_earnest.png

...Alright.

080.jpg

081.jpg

megane_yosuke_smile.png

No worries.
We're definitely gonna save Yukiko-san... Right?

chie.png

...Right!

082.jpg

083.jpg

Up until this moment during my first playthrough, I didn't even notice we hadn't given Chie her megane glasses. Quite noticeable with an LP when you're doing a lot of portrait swaps...

megane_yosuke.png

That's right, you're not wearing the glasses.

chie_normal.png

Oh yeah... What's with those glasses? Did your eyesight go bad?

megane_yosuke_wince.png

Man... You didn't notice until now? How panicked were you...?

kuma.png

Tum de dummm! I got a pair ready for Chie-chan, too.
Here you go!

megane_chie_surprised.png

Whoa! What the--!? This is awesome! It's like the fog doesn't exist!

megane_yosuke_angry.png

Why didn't you whip those out earlier if you had them?

kuma_angry.png

I made them right now! You didn't tell me she was coming!
It was all so sadden! I mean, sudden!

Harhar! ... I don't get it.

megane_chie.png

Huh... so that's the rick. I was wondering how you guys could see where you were going.
Hey, is it alright if I keep this?

kuma_smile.png

Fo' sho!

megane_chie.png

We'll have to stop here today... But I'll be back with these puppies!

megane_chie_angry.png

You guys better not come here without me, got it!?

megane_yosuke.png

Yeah, let's all promise each other... Nobody goes in alone. It's way too dangerous.

Except you know.. I can leave everyone at the entrance and go crawling solo...

084.jpg

085.jpg

megane_yosuke.png

Alright, so from tomorrow on, we'll try and come here as much as we can after school... And that includes days off.
Hey... would you mind being our leader?
You were the first to get this power, and you're way better in a fight than either of us.
I think it's best for all of us if you set the pace of the investigation, and we follow your lead.

Awh shucks, you're making me blush.
And aren't we lucky that no one gets thrown in during exams, school excursions and other periods in which we won't be able to access the TV World?

086.jpg

megane_yosuke_smile.png

I had a feeling you'd say that.
I mean, I'm more the advisor type, y'know?
An ideas man, not an executive.

megane_chie_smile.png

I'm with Yosuke. If you're the one calling the shots, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about this.

Orly? Then why the heck did you run off when we told you to stay behind us!
This intro is linear and railroaded as fuck...

kuma_smile.png

I'm with Yosuke too. If you're the one calling the shots, my pillow will be a lot more comfortable at night.

megane_chie_smile.png

Teddie, would you please stop talking? I'm really on edge right now...

> You've been unanimously appointed team leader.
> Your days of pursuing this case alongside your friends have begun...

087.jpg

> You have established the Investigation Team Social Link of the Fool Arcana!

megane_yosuke.png

Okay. Let's get some rest for today so we're ready for tomorrow on.
And don't forget to check the weather forecast. It gets foggy after a lot of rain, so let's keep an eye out.
Also, let's make sure we gear up for next time.

I'm not sure we encountered enough enemies to get new stuff at Daidara's...
A tutorial message pops up and reminds us it's foggy after the rain and that we can only dungeon crawl after school and during the day time on our days off.

088.jpg

ryotaru.png

Hey. Mind if I ask something?
You aren't getting involved with any strange business, are you...?
What happened at the station this afternoon... it's still bothering me.

Nothing much... just a double murder investigation. You really killed the mood, bro!

089.jpg

ryotaru.png

I'll be the judge of that.
Well, it's just been nagging at me, that's all...

nanako.png

What's wrong? Are you fighting...?

ryotaru.png

No... We're not having a fight.

nanako_sigh.png

This isn't the police station...

ryotaru.png

I agreed to look after you. So don't get yourself involved in anything that could get you into trouble.
Got that?

<Weather announcer> And now, our weather forecast.
<Weather announcer> Due to high-pressure fronts from the west, that sunny spring-like weather will stay with us for a while longer.

nanako.png

Is this lady the one who decides the weather?
'Cause when she says that it'll be sunny, it always is...

D'awww... Nanako, you are SO adorable!!
:love:

ryotaru_smile.png

Uh, she's not really deciding it...

ryotaru_sigh.png

...Never mind.

> The news continues, heedless of the heavy atmosphere...

That's all for 4/17
If we're lucky, the introduction is FINALLY over...
Oh god... please let it be over...

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
And that's over 170 screenshots for this page (excluding portraits).
Not another will be posted by me until we reach page 5 (12 posts to go!)

I think I'll spend a bit of time redoing the portraits I made before update #4...
Some of them don't look that great. I found a much faster and higher quality method for going about cleaning them when I did update 4.
A boon of using volatile development versions of software I guess...

And in other events, what's up with Black Cat?
I haven't seen her around recently.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And in other events, what's up with Black Cat? I haven't seen her around recently.

Gone rogue over to RPGWatch. Seriously. There was a particularly dramatic thread in GD that made her quit, and now she's posting over there. I don't think I should reveal her current Watch username, so I won't, but you can easily recognise her by her unique posting style, profile info and taste in video games.

Also, bump.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Again?!
*sigh*

Bit of a shame really...
Was kind of hoping she'd share some random SMT related trivia during these lulls.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
From what I see, this is not gonna happen. This time around she is dead serious - at least sounded like that to me.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Hey. Maybe we can bump it to page 5 if we discuss Kuroneko-sensei?

In her defense, the people at RPGWatch seem to harbor fewer ignorant retards than we do. :roll:

Why would she keep returning to GD, over and over again, though? Didn't she know what awaited her there? /rhetorical question

As for the Watchers not being ignorant retards, I beg to differ; they're just a different kind of.

Tigranes

Arcane
The actual combat/gameplay looks terrible, but the story's pretty interesting.

Also looks like it'll take you forever, Hirato.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The combat is actually pretty nice, if you can find it in yourself to believe me. One of the better JRPG turn-based combat systems, though not as terrifying/good as the one used in Nocturne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom