Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Save Humanity in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
2z1tGwp.png

West Coast is a research base which also houses a part of the 1st. Interceptor Flight.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
OIgrePl.png

An UFO was detected on 11th Feb. 1999 but it escaped from the range of radar cover before interceptor got to it.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The let's play is abandoned. The horror of the future is to all-permeating. I can't focus any more, nor deliver any positive feelings from it.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It was a real massacre. I was about to evacuate after the town started to crawl with zombies and chrysalids and grenadiers ran out of ammo. I was trying to bring back a dead chrysalid and an unconscious chrysalid. The operator carrying the unconscious got killed and I lost a tank. By then the losses were half of the platoon.
I consolidated my forces by the Skyranger and realised that I still have a lot of ammo inside. I think I used up about 20 TB rockets, 10 TB missiles and 50 TB grenades. Also, 30 tank cannon shells.
In the end I won and got good score.

Chrysalids are horribly hard to kill D: .

It happened in the end of April 1999.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Day later the 1st Interceptor Flight scrambled to intercept a Very Large UFO.
Unlike in earlier encounters the alien craft returned effective fire, destroying all three Interceptors.
The UFO crash-landed after receiving several hits with Avalanche missiles.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The mission was a disaster. About 50 metres behind the downed UFO, enemy HWPs waited in ambush.

PWnzswN.jpg

Initially the mission was looked like an easy clean up. One alien was killed and it was suspected that most of them died in the crash.

Then one by one plasma bolts came from the darkness behind UFO, exploding in fireballs, killing X-Com operatives.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ultimately one Cyberdisk was destroyed but the rest was impossible to approach because they were in mutually supporting positions and X-Com operatives exchanged their smoke grenades for more flares.
X-Com took more losses during withdrawal.

qCC0UmF.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
In the end a horrible disaster happened. A plasma bolt hit the door of the ship, massacring soldiers inside.
bLU9ENm.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
lJnsp9H.png

One soldier panicked and ran out of the Skyranger. He was left behind.

WpXoRT6.png

BK9eLew.png

9En8YOy.png

3a6NxuZ.png

Thirteen X-Com operatives have died on that day and one was missing in action.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom