Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Save Humanity in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The mod keeps getting better and better :love:

I like it how terror sites and large UFOs are a huge threat to Personal Armour equipped soldiers.
If only small UFOs were a real threat to starting-level geared troops...

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The mod keeps getting better and better :love:

I like it how terror sites and large UFOs are a huge threat to Personal Armour equipped soldiers.
If only small UFOs were a real threat to starting-level geared troops...
It's because of what mission the small UFOs were built for. They just have a small recon party.

Terror Ships and Battleships are the only alien ships that are close in function to X-Com craft. They are much larger than X-Com craft, though.
It's because alien ships are made for an inter-planetary trip from Mars and back. So, you have a massive craft carrying a small crew.

The main problem with aliens is that they need line of sight to act against the player. Meanwhile player can fire explosives into places where he suspects enemies are. Also, aliens are acting as single units while the the player's units act as a group.

34scell

Augur
Shouldn't you be producing personal armour much quicker? I could understand power suits taking a while to research and manufacture due to a complex design, but personal armour is just a skin.

Also, with all that money couldn't you hire hundreds of soldiers and get lots of promotions quickly? All those colonels and captains would be useful for defending so many bases.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Shouldn't you be producing personal armour much quicker? I could understand power suits taking a while to research and manufacture due to a complex design, but personal armour is just a skin.
The mission happened about a day or two after I finished researching the personal armour. I had only 4 suits produced by then (main base has only one workshop).

Also, with all that money couldn't you hire hundreds of soldiers and get lots of promotions quickly? All those colonels and captains would be useful for defending so many bases.
True. I was too tired to hire any base defence troops for all bases except China, though.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
WHAhqnx.jpg

Another Battleship. This time one Interceptor has survived.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Apparently I keep losing Interceptors in exchange for scrap metal. Thanks God, the funding council understands the level of expenses involved in successful X-Com operations.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
X-Com soldiers returned to base. Workshops in Israel started manufacturing Auto-Cannons and Heavy Cannons and ammo for them.
And then it turned out that I made a typo in names of incediary ammo and game exited to Linux.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
auC79o5.png

In the end the funding countries were very satisified. (meanwhile some UFOs including a Terror Ship were shot down).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
A Large UFO was spotted flying towards Russia. Six Interceptors scrambled to intercept it but failed to catch it before it got out the radar cover. They searched for it but it managed to land and disgorge it's load. The alien terrorists!
5kQ8Lee.png

Soon brave X-Com operatives from 3rd Platoon based in China landed in the terrorized area.
BW8QAmC.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
RDdg2tH.png

Immediately after landing it turned out that again it is the horrible enemy - Snakemen and Chrysalids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom