Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's See the World Die. Dominions 4.

mondblut

Arcane
This needs some sort of conclusion. Did everybody die?

sqeecoo

Arcane
"Mildly annoying" doesn't bode very well, but thanks, will check it out. Maybe it'll help me deal with the symptoms of Grimwulf withdrawal :negative:

And if not, there's always booze! That's how we deal with problems in Potatoland, after all.

Yeah, but only mildly :) Mostly because of sound issues. And he gets kudos for editing out the micromanagement in every turn.

Andnjord

Arcane
Yeah, but only mildly :) Mostly because of sound issues. And he gets kudos for editing out the micromanagement in every turn.

Highlights include that Berytos alpha strike and constant rain of stones induced massacres. Glorious!

Now that the lurker has left its cave it cannot go back unless it is satiated with Grimwulf's blessed offerings. Oh benevolent god, hast thou forsaken us your devoted followers? Was your promise just a vain and empty one? Is is time already to start worshiping Amrav?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hi, guys!

I know I promised to carry on with this LP, and eventually I will. I made a mistake of signing up in Decline 2, then made the same mistake again with Decline 5. Well, at least Decline 5 is fun, 'coz I play with some of you followers.

The initial plan was to deal with Decline 2, then come back here. But then I stumbled upon something completely glorious - a slow-paced, roleplay-centric pbem, posted on dom3mods and Desura. It even has it's own sub-forum (currently empty). I tried to resist for about 7 minutes, but the temptation was too stronk. I signed up.

:negative:

But there is good news to it. While I won't be able to continue this LP for another while, I plan to start a new one, based on this upcoming pbem. Usually it's a bad idea to make a LP based on ongoing pbem with actual opponents, because they can sneak peek at your progress and whatnot. But this particular pbem is non-competitive - just the pill I needed after exhausting Decline 2, played by Codex-All-Stars.

The Chronicles pbem will begin in just a few days from now. Victory and competition are irrelevant - only the story matters now. This is why my upcoming LP will be different from the current one. Namely:

- No more in-game mechanics explanations, technical details, scripting mumbo-jumbo, and that sort of thing. For the better or worse.
- Battle reports will be done in the same fashion as my last posts in this LP. Screenshots with dialogue-boxes, followed by some sort of narrative.
- Non-combat narrative will be present as well.
- Actual diplomacy! Not inside my autistic head, but the real-actual one. Because this time I play with humans, not with AMRAV. More so, with people who will stay in-character throughout the game.
- You thought my mad skillz in ms-paint have been improving with time? YOU THOUGHT WRONG

From old Decline 2 thread that was fucked up by 'Dex moderators:

SZG9MJf.jpg

- I will implement the same Death List and Memorial sections for the followers to join my struggle. But not right from the start.
- The new LP will have a different thematical flavor. This time we play in different age and as a different nation, Bogarus. If anybody remembers Mordavia from Quest for Glory 4 - well, it's basically it.

DrQQbdi.jpg

And no more Grimwulf as a Pretender God - now I'm just sitting here in the audience, along with you. Our new waifu is now Elizabeth Bathory!

PK3PcYi.jpg

Anyway, I'm going to post all the details and stuff in the new thread. Gotta deal with this one first. If anybody wants to take over this LP - show yer pretty face, and I'll send you the turn. If nobody wants to dive into this drunken vikings mess, then I'll leave it for later. Hey, I know one particular LP here that updates once a year.

You'll get what you deserve, Amrav. Eventually.

Last edited:

Got bored and left

Aw yiss.
I'm so happy right now. It's good to have you back in the LP saddle, now go get overrun by flying fucks/lizzurds kick some ass!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom