Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Leylines by Crystal Shard - now available on Steam!

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It got delayed, apparently (quote from Steam forums):

Sorry! Yeah, Leylines is only going to be ready a bit further down the track. I'd still like to get it out this year, so hopefully we are able to muster up the time to achieve that.

We'll make announcements when we have firm dates in mind.

The old freeware version, however, can still be found around the internet. Anyone tried it?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
We're still aiming to get the game out this year - at least, Radiant believes he is able to wrap it up in that time frame, but we'll see (it's all up to him at the moment since it's all bug fixing that's remaining).

Leylines ended up getting delayed somewhat because we kicked off A Tale of Two Kingdoms (deluxe/10th anniversary edition) in order to also take advantage of my availability to organise the voice pack and tidy up the art (because I spent the last year on maternity leave; have only just recently started back at work). However, this meant that Radiant was distracted from Leylines as he ended up tidying up a bunch of the dialog and also has been doing graphic imports for me to check how it looks in game. So at the moment, it looks like we'll be releasing ATOTK first, then Leylines; both of which Radiant just needs to make time for.

The old version will probably not work on Windows 10 (at least, I get this massive lag with the mouse cursor and can't effectively do anything with it). The core mechanics are the same, but UI and graphics are, of course, outdated.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
More like Latelines
Haha, good one, and yes, it's well deserved :)

Sorry, I missed seeing all these posts as it didn't come up in my notifications. We are currently trying to get the game approved by Steam for publishing, but for some reason the feedback we are getting is that it doesn't load for them. Even though it works on the three computers I have, and Radiant's computer :|.

It seems to possibly be related to a graphics / rendering issue since they mention getting a plain white screen, but we don't have more feedback than that to troubleshoot the problem easily. Radiant is trying to sort this out, and we can expect to release the game pretty soon after (we will be releasing with minimal marketing, so not going to drag things out for a marketing campaign since that's a lot of effort and time is not something I have a lot of nowadays). Thanks all for your patience :)

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Yeah! So we are still trying to work out our issues with Steam (we think it has to do with their graphics card NVIDIA GTX 970), but hopefully will get that sorted out in the near future. In the meantime, the Itch.IO version should satisfy those that want to play the game and don't use Steam :)

Also, any bugs, feel free to post here and I'll make sure they get back to Radiant for fixing.

jbqKv29.jpg

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So uh, Fizzii , don't want to be that guy, but I got two issues:
1. the decorative font makes my eyes bleed - would you consider providing an alternative?
2. I got a crash to desktop about 40 turns into the tutorial - no error message.

I guess I'll wait for a patch or two.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
So uh, Fizzii , don't want to be that guy, but I got two issues:
1. the decorative font makes my eyes bleed - would you consider providing an alternative?
2. I got a crash to desktop about 40 turns into the tutorial - no error message.

I guess I'll wait for a patch or two.
For the crash, can you send the autosave game to me? fizzii_ish@yahoo.com. Save games should be in My Documents>Leylines, if I recall correctly.

It may be possible to try to do something differently and game won't crash. I've only found issues when repeatedly ending turns (which Radiant should have fixed). Unfortunately, working week release is not great for me since I have real life work + family going on, so I didn't get a chance to double check for bugs.

I can look into options for the large decorative font, fortunately, it isn't used everywhere :)

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Oh, another thing. I noticed that you can crash if you right-click on the unit in the tech tree.
IVI3Lg4.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I like the unit variety so far and how, how do i say it, "fast-paced" and "easy to understand" the whole game feels.
I beat the tutorial as a S'Sirthe(lizards) mainly utilising their mobility guys(Avians/Ihtianders/Giant carrier turtles to bring mercs along) and Shamans/Elders, without checking out their spirit guys and warrior castes. Really want to try the other races now.
0SXjY4o.png

Jinn

Arcane
Looks great! Will be buying it when it gets on steam for sure.

One question: does the game have a proper campaign/campaigns, or is it all skirmish stuff?

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
I like the unit variety so far and how, how do i say it, "fast-paced" and "easy to understand" the whole game feels.
I beat the tutorial as a S'Sirthe(lizards) mainly utilising their mobility guys(Avians/Ihtianders/Giant carrier turtles to bring mercs along) and Shamans/Elders, without checking out their spirit guys and warrior castes. Really want to try the other races now.
Thanks, glad you are liking it! Fast paced is indeed what Radiant was going for, so it's good to hear that it plays out like that. And yeah, the races all play out quite differently; I haven't got a handle on all of them myself yet!

Looks great! Will be buying it when it gets on steam for sure.
One question: does the game have a proper campaign/campaigns, or is it all skirmish stuff?
There is a campaign where you start in an intro realm, and as you conquer realms you get access to more realms (and you also get access to the more complex races once you conquer their realms). Each realm is set up quite differently, both in terrain (as well as various blights / other features), number of competing wizard enemies, and raiders.

There is also a single scenario option which I made a number of maps for (maps of various continents :)). And a map editor, if anyone wants to make their own scenarios.

Fucking sweet! Been waiting for this one for... oh, about two years.
But seriously, don’t mind the backhanded compliment; I am honestly excited.
Yeah, I've been waiting for this to be released for ages too :P. Funnily enough, it turned out that the best way to motivate Radiant was to begin making art for our next game :o

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
It's on a simplistic side. You mostly choose who will attack whom and stuff like that.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Ah, are you supposed to never run out of gold in the Regency mission? There is also something weird going on with unlocks.
I got this on beating the mission
2pAya8s.png

But i didn't unlock the dwarfs
FcnruhN.png

I did however unlocked the 3rd tier fire magic, 3rd tier mind and the Regency faction.
20tx9Bi.png

I also don't have the 3rd tier body magic that was promised after beating the elven realm. So yeah, here is that.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Taking a look at your screenshots in the screenshot thread I just realized that current gold and mana are visible on the top right corner of your screen. I never managed to find where to find them but now I understand they're just hidden on mine.
It's not a big deal, I'm playing on a very old rig whose current res is 1280x1024.
However it makes me think about that :
For some weird reason in this mission my gold amounts were being constantly restored to 998. Not sure if bug or the mission feature, but i could afford my terrible spendings on upkeep.
Not being able to constantly see my current gold (I saw it only when an auction for a mercenary or when a hero would ask to join) I was thinking that maybe it was just my imagination, but during the two scenarii I completed I had the impression I suddendly got something like 1000 gold at a moment, especially in the first one where my income was negative.
I think it's indeed a bug, and if it's not then it requires some explanation.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
In that Regency mission i mentioned you start already with the ridiculously high upkeep.
Aka, you already have a few somewhat developed towns and not enough gold income to sustain it all even if you start mass converting the populace into merchants. And there is constant spawning Ghoul/vampire raiders. And there is a global spell in effect that turns all the killed AI units into the undead of one of the AI enemies. This is there i got this assumption that this is perhaps one of those 'go wild with your army" maps. Yeah, i doubt this now too.

Welp, despite all of the technical issues so far i found myself not regretting buying the game and being the beta-tester who paid for it. The factions are indeed interesting and diverse enough for me to continue playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom