Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Umm guys, maybe I'm late to the party, but why are people here picking on Lilura, who is a true Codexian with a monocled taste, and a prestigous website?

Try mentioning your "game" and how awesome it is at every opportunity and see what happens.

I like Lilura for the venom, but I'd say she had it coming. Now everyone is just doing it for the lulz. It's basically a codex meme.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Umm guys, maybe I'm late to the party, but why are people here picking on Lilura, who is a true Codexian with a monocled taste, and a prestigous website?

He's the only guy here who is so mentally deranged that, within two weeks, he received two separate containment threads.

All of his has happened before and all of this will happen again.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Try mentioning your "game" and how awesome it is at every opportunity and see what happens.

I like Lilura for the venom, but I'd say she had it coming. Now everyone is just doing it for the lulz. It's basically a codex meme.
Please don't use quotation marks for my game. KTHXBAI

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Please don't use quotation marks for my game. KTHXBAI

Sorry... I meant: ?GAME?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura's IWD and ToEE retrospectives outrank the ones I wrote for the Codex. I have been humbled by the master.

I was going to take your retrospective to task on my blog, but then I thought, "Why not just write my own?"

Thank you for inspiring me, Roguey . You and Fairfax have helped me lift my game. Kyl Von Kull as well.

Curratum

Being extraordinarily nice to random women online, on a forum, women you'll never see or interact with in any meaningful manner, beyond typing sentences about games, often going out of your way to compliment them and get in their good books, is arguably a greater form of cuckoldry than being used as a walking money purse by your weird online mistress.

Thankfully, Roguey is safe from that vile affliction, as Lilura is not a woman, so it's just wholesome bromance.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Not sure what you're getting at here. If one defends - as you do - Fallout's legacy whenever shitposters attempt to criticize it based on degenerate current gen fads, trends and "sensibilities", then you're doing Lilura's work, and I have no issues with you, overall. I forever write off anyone who criticizes Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2.

Last edited:

Rules Lawyer

Literate
I'm new here and stumbled into this thread. What's going on here? I read this thread and am like nt sure if srs.

And what the fuck is up with these smilies? Can't say I've seen this one before...
:mixedemotions:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Being extraordinarily nice to random women online, on a forum, women you'll never see or interact with in any meaningful manner, beyond typing sentences about games, often going out of your way to compliment them and get in their good books, is arguably a greater form of cuckoldry than being used as a walking money purse by your weird online mistress.

Thankfully, Roguey is safe from that vile affliction, as Lilura is not a woman, so it's just wholesome bromance.

Curratum is Latin for “posts much, says little.”

Some disjointed thoughts:

• If you think Cleve is hilarious, but Lilura’s schtick rubs you the wrong way, maybe you’re just not getting the joke?
  • Within her treatment range, Lilura is actually worth arguing with, which is an uncommon thing here or really anywhere on the internet. Even when she’s wrong (ahem, PS:T), she has evidence, her points are well-reasoned, and none of her arguments reek of bad faith (...within her treatment range).
  • Given how often Codexians still piss and moan about the camera in NWN2, I can say with complete confidence that many of you would benefit from reading her damned blog.
  • I stand in solidarity with anyone who recognizes the inherent inferiority of blobbers.
  • Also, pretty sure Lilura is a woman, because she voluntarily limits her commentary to a seven year treatment range—the stuff she knows the most about. While she talks shit about games she hasn’t played, she doesn’t try to pass herself off as an expert on them. By the same token, this is how we know that Roguey is male.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Pretty sure Lilura is a woman, because she voluntarily limits her commentary to a seven year treatment range—the stuff she knows the most about. While she talks shit about games she hasn’t played, she doesn’t try to pass herself off as an expert on them. By the same token, this is how we know that Roguey is male.

Assumption of gender is thought-crime, report to the nearest re-education centre immediately.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Didn't Lilura leave the Codex because she wanted to focus on getting a husband and kids? I guess it didn't go too well judging by the fact that she's back, which is mind-boggling to me. Who wouldn't want to shack up with someone who runs as prestigious as a blog as Lilura?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Poor Scorpia wrote during the so-called "Golden Age", which was a casual era: it's only the glorious Renaissance/API era that facilitates hardcore write-ups (Baldur's Gate, ToEE, Jagged Alliance 2). Go and check out 'Dex threads on the Goldbox games: nothing hardcore in sight. Just some oldfags talking about party composition. No stats, no breakdowns, no in-depth analysis of THAC0, AC and spell mechanics. Nothing! Because the games are primitive, full stop.

As for PS:T, according to the Keyword Rank Checker (ask the leading pro-bloggers on the planet such as Neil Patel; it's reliable), my retrospective is ranked 5th despite only the introduction having been written. It's behind Eurogamer.net and rockpapershotgun.com. And guess what? They all covered the EE version rather than the original. That just goes to show how stupid people are. For example, how can you commentate properly on its UI when Beamdog removed the radial menu? How can you tell people what the pathfinding was like when Beamdog shoved it into the BG2 engine?

A "retrospective" that isn't based on the original, authoritative incarnation is not a retrospective at all; it's a joke.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Not sure what you're getting at here.

Game, in your case, being your blog.

Given how often Codexians still piss and moan about the camera in NWN2, I can say with complete confidence that many of you would benefit from reading her damned blog.

There's not enough pissing in the whole world for the NWN2 camera. And no apologism or blog, not even Lilura's, can do anything about it. The camera is simply broken, easily in the top 10 of worst things to ever hit the gaming industry.

Comte

Didn't Lilura leave the Codex because she wanted to focus on getting a husband and kids? I guess it didn't go too well judging by the fact that she's back, which is mind-boggling to me. Who wouldn't want to shack up with someone who runs as prestigious as a blog as Lilura?

Lilura has a little yellow chinky dinky. Or is just a white male neckbeard larping as an Asian women to get attention from all you thirsty boys. Lilura when are you going to sell your bathwater for all these thirsty guys?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The camera is simply broken, easily in the top 10 of worst things to ever hit the gaming industry.

It wouldn't even be in the top 100 worst things to hit gaming; are you kidding? Let's just stick with RPGs. This is off-the-cuff, so I'll probably miss a lot:

1. Oblivion With Guns
2. Oblivion
3. Atari as publisher (helped killed off Troika)
4. Ass Effect
5. Twitcher 3
6. BG2
7. Larian Studios
8. Kickstarter
9. Beamdog
10. RPG Watch

Curratum

The camera is simply broken, easily in the top 10 of worst things to ever hit the gaming industry.

It wouldn't even be in the top 100 worst things to hit gaming; are you kidding? Let's just stick with RPGs. This is off-the-cuff, so I'll probably miss a lot:

1. Oblivion With Guns
2. Oblivion
3. Atari as publisher
4. Ass Effect
5. Witcher 3
6. BG2
7. Larian Studios
8. Kickstarter
9. Beamdog
10. RPG Watch

The simple fact that you can even rank Witcher 3 as something negative, given it's the best thing to happen to digital entertainment in the 14 years since Thief 2 came out, is enough to disregard anything you might ever have to say about anything related to games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom