Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eqmtjK2ZrOwOpHIQJrUQ/htmlview?hl=en_US/#gid=0

If you play all of these, you’re the absolute authority on RPGs.
Most of those are not worth playing, especially the first 100 and the ones past 550.
How do you know if you haven’t played them?
Imagine you're in a forest, camping, or whatever, you're looking for something to make dinner with, and you see lots of wild vegetables, would you rely on detailed guides on which ones are safe and delicious, preferably ones made by the locals, or would you try them all in hopes that you can find a new taste that people have never tasted before? Or even worse, just to say you've tried all the 'jungle cuisine'?

Look, these old, obscure games, despite whatever influence and 'they did it first' merits that they have, are mostly primitive and confusing to play. Honestly, people who made write-ups of obscure games like felipepepe or hg101 are great not because they've played obscure games, but because they are capable of analyzing those games and made interesting writings about the merits those games have. Playing all of these just to say "I've played them all" is a real waste of time that isn't even fun. Especially if you're in your early 20s, you could've had sex instead.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
dude I’m an American.

history is cool yo

fuck you and your modern shit
:killitwithfire:

Jacob

Patron
dude I’m an American.

history is cool yo

fuck you and your modern shit
:killitwithfire:
True, history is cool. There's a reason that time you got beat up by a baseball bat isn't included in the list of "notable armed conflict."

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
lol i know more about golden age crpgs then silver age

but starting points are more interesting then refinement to study

Jacob

Patron
Also, keep in mind that 'modern shit' is an anomaly. Newer things are supposed to be better than the old ones, that is why when new things are shit we complained about it.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

This game looks like shit.

Fucking indie games
I'm saddened to see that such a promising man like yourself has succumbed to the prevailing jaded attitude found around here; there's still a hope that you are just posting these so called opinions in a vain attempt to impress elderly, "cool" codexers. I wish you weren't so impressionable.

I expect you to consult Sherry as per how to express yourself in a more constructive manner without still appearing as a sell-out.

gosh thank-you for even the mention Kevin Kline you have been here for longer than I and know a lot of how the community has grown and welcomed a lot of us new members with open arms so if you have not seen my Pillars of Eternity and DEADFIRE reviews they offer some constructive thoughts I think you will appreciate okay? Okay!

Thanks,
Sherry

Major Seven

Educated
Patron
Most of those are not worth playing, especially the first 100 and the ones past 550.

The first 100 games on this list include:

Wizardry 1-3
Ultima 1-4
Might and Magic 1
Nethack
Bards Tale 1 + 2

I've played them all and I can tell you: THEY ARE WORTH IT!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What issues did you have with them? :)

Broadly-speaking:

1. It was edgy
2. You don't seem to like D&D (or RPGs in general)
3. You wrote a retrospective based on a modded version of the game (pointless)
4. You quoted the devs too much. What devs say about their games is irrelevant
5. It wasn't inline with my agenda

EDIT- that's for ToEE only. Haven't read your IWD one. As a rule, I don't read other peoples' retrospectives.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
4. You quoted the devs too much. What devs say about their games is irrelevant
Without reading said posts about IWDs (or some unmentionable blog) at all, I would say that there's some value at paying attention to sayings of developers.
From establishing how well they reached their stated development goals to pointing and laughing too much hyped product which falls short of statements of whomever was possessed by Molyneuxian spirit.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’ve only gotten banned on Reddit. Hence, why I came here to this magical place.

Also have you been banned on RPGWatch?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I wrote off the Beamdog and Watch admins to their faces even though they promoted my write-ups. I wrote off GoG even though they posted one or two editorials linking to my blog.

I have no allegiances in the sphere of commentary. I'll turn on anyone if they annoy me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom