Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of all Diablo clones

Bulba

Learned
hm... i can remember a terrible diablo clone "DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue"

Ermm

Erudite
micmu said:
Can you move Dung Siege to shit tier? PURE DIABLO CLONES? Are you fucking nuts? It is not even a diablo clone. (gameplay differs significantly, yes it is top down and has loot but isn't an action game).

No, it is not shit tier. It is atomic shit tier.

MMXI

Arcane
Rasputin said:
micmu said:
Can you move Dung Siege to shit tier? PURE DIABLO CLONES? Are you fucking nuts? It is not even a diablo clone. (gameplay differs significantly, yes it is top down and has loot but isn't an action game).

No, it is not shit tier. It is atomic shit tier.
What are you on about? Dungeon Siege is an amazing game. After all, how do you play U5 Lazarus and U6 Project without it?

:smug:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You forgot this one.

PCZ189.revaven3--screenshot_large.jpg

DaveO

Erudite
I don't think you can call either of the Dungeon Siege games as Diablo clones since you can get companions and D2 only allows 1 hireling at most. Silverfall also has recruitable characters for a party, so that one's out too.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
DaveO said:
I don't think you can call either of the Dungeon Siege games as Diablo clones since you can get companions and D2 only allows 1 hireling at most. Silverfall also has recruitable characters for a party, so that one's out too.
Well, you can have a party in Diablo too, with real people. But okay, I'll move it.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Found another obscure one, called Hazen. Was released last year.

Oh, and turns out Fate got a third expansion pack this year, holy shit, how come it's so popular.

murdock09

Novice
Love this thread, but most games are described as terrible are very very great i think.
If you to lower one´s sights / standard you can have fantastic game experience :)
Restricted Area i think was a fantastic game :) and for example space hack look very nice and interesting.
Sure, Diablo is the king ;) but other games too ;)
best wishes

DaveO

Erudite
So where does Diablo 3 end up on this list(if at all)?

laclongquan

Arcane
noob trolling me said:
Love this thread, but most games are described as terrible are very very great i think.
If you to lower one´s sights / standard you can have fantastic game experience :)
Restricted Area i think was a fantastic game :) and for example space hack look very nice and interesting.
Sure, Diablo is the king ;) but other games too ;)
best wishes

What the hell do you say "lower one's standards"? What the hell do you mean, faggot?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
There's like a million Russian Diablo clones that are completely unknown in the West.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I started playing Kult: Heretic Kingdoms.

Not sure what the heck the handful of Slovakians who developed this were doing, but older similar games like Divine Divinity and Sacred work without issues on Vista/Win7 while to get Kult running I had to download Microsoft Compatibility Administrator and manually edit the exe file. It wouldn't even boot otherwise.

Glad I didn't give up on it, though, game is interesting.

Ebonsword

Arcane
I just ordered a copy of Record of Lodoss War, which seems to be a pretty well-regarded Diablo clone:

Dreamcast only, though, so only the cool kids can play it. (Unless you can emulate it--not sure what the state of Dreamcast emulation is.)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
How many are there actually? Let's make a list.

Pure Diablo clones:
Darkstone
Depths of Peril
Din's Curse
Fate/Undiscovered Realms/The Traitor Soul/The Cursed King
Loki: Heroes of Mythology
Revenant
Sacred/Underworld
Sacred 2
Titan Quest/Immortal Throne
Torchlight

Hybrids:
Divine Divinity/Beyond Divinity
Dungeon Siege/Legends of Aranna
Dungeon Siege 2/Broken World
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Nox
Soulbringer
The Bard's Tale (2005)
Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption

Shit Tier:
Ancient Evil/The Curse of the Snake Cult
Dawn of Magic/Blood Magic (RU: Магия Крови)
Dawn of Magic 2 (RU: Магия Крови: Время Теней)
Greed
Harbinger
Hazen
Mage Knight Apocalypse
Necromania: Trap of Darkness
Restricted Area
Silverfall/Earth Awakening (RU: Silverfall: Магия Земли)
Space Hack
Space Siege
The Chosen: Well of Souls

Chinese Diablo clones:
Prince of Qin 【秦殇】
Seal of Evil 【复活:秦殇前传】
Blade & Sword 【刀剑封魔录】
Blade & Sword 2 【上古传说】
Throne of Darkness 【黑暗王座】

there is another clone with "stone" in its title...

any help?

edit

90870-nightstone-windows-screenshot-subtlety-is-the-key-for-sneaking.jpg

this "masterpiece"

Nightstone

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom