Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Anybody can pretend to be an ex employee.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Of course they could, but while the bona fides of the writer are questionable at best, the content speaks for itself regardless of the source. I'm still trying to figure out if those are the company's actual "core values", because it's those that generate the most comedy for me.

think (how to screw most of the) consumers first.
be accountable: riccitiello's account is huge. more accountable than that?
act with integrity: they're integrally fucking their customers.
create quality and innovations - so we can recognize them and steer faaaaar away from them.
be bold. done.
learn and grow - so we know who's raising his head out of the bag and cut it.

so the author fails on every point. ea kept all its promises.

Brinko

Arcane
"Think Consumers First"? Is that even English? Maybe this is why EA is in such dire straits, it seems the Execs running the show are barely intelligible potatoes they hired on the cheap and every idea they send down to the lower level managers has to be deciphered by some crack squad from Langley.

Either that or that is some double speak shit. EA games are doubleplusgood.

Brinko

Arcane
NFcuY0T.png

Steam finally getting their asses in gear on taking advantage of EA stupidity.

Dexter

Arcane
Of course they could, but while the bona fides of the writer are questionable at best, the content speaks for itself regardless of the source. I'm still trying to figure out if those are the company's actual "core values", because it's those that generate the most comedy for me.
https://jobs.ea.com/about/our_values/

Our Values are:

Be Bold
  • Go Big
  • Take the right risks
  • Back our bets
  • Lead
Think Consumers First
  • Listen and respond
  • Deliver beyond their expectations
  • Build lifetime customers
Create Quality and Innovation
  • Deliver products and services that surpass expectations
  • Be relentless about improving quality
  • Take creative risks
Act with Integrity
  • Do the right thing
  • Trust others and support their decisions
  • Be transparent
Be Accountable
  • Deliver on commitments
  • Always do what we say
  • Play our positions
  • Deliver and reward results
Learn and Grow
  • Work hard, play hard
  • Develop yourself and others
  • Measure your improvement
  • Share knowledge generously
:lol:

This also made a few headlines: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...stizes-company-over-simcity-in-public-letter/
And apparently the original post was deleted since it was gaining too much attention.
A few EA employees said that this sounds "authentic" though.

Delterius

Arcane

The creation and application of rules says much about a particular group. The apparently Orweallian ambience that EA's campus lives in ('RESPECT THE CONSUMERS AND BE HAPPY =D' seems to stalk every employee) just mean the obvious: the corporate culture at EA is shit really shit.

Cromwell

Arcane
so everything that is wrong with sim city is the launch and always online, and that obviously is the fault of the big higher ups. Design wise its a gem because the artists folllow a strict code?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
From what I've heard the city size limit is ridiculously small. Never played any game in the series, though, so I can't really judge.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
From what I have seen of the Let's Plays of press release... the cities are like at most 1/5th of the single player maps.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
WOOOOO, TROPICO 4, welcome to my account!

Wait, Tropico 3 is on sale too, I will get that instead.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Angthoron

Arcane
SRSLY GUYS WTF ARE YOU THE AMAZING PHOTOGENIC GUY THAT COMES OUT LOOKING GREAT WHEN ASKING TO SMILE FOR THE CAMERA?

DO YOU SMILE EARNESTLY WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE BEING PHOTOGRAPHED BY A MEDIA PERSON, A WHORE THE LIKES OF WHICH YOUR CORPORATION BUYS BY THE THOUSAND?

SRSLY GUYS WTF THIS IS LIKE "IS THIS GUY FUCKABLE: THE THREAD" WITH A "MILDLY FUCKABLE; SMILE A TURN-OFF THOUGH" CONCLUSION.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
"Think Consumers First"? Is that even English?

It's buzzword-y English, yes. "Think [whatever]" is a colloquialism of sorts.

Also, apparently I screen-capped that post minutes before it was deleted by the author.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Meh, EA. My 8 year old kid is pushing me to buy this game and has been nagging about it for months. Well, after this DRM shitstorm he wont be getting it for the same reason I didnt buy Diablo 3. Nor any of the Ubisoft titles with this always on drm.

I mean the cheap version costs 599 SEK(about 70 euros or $95) on Origin. Imagine my rage if I would buy this singleplayer game and then got stuck infront of a 30 minute que login screen. Holy shit

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah, I saw the Forbes article someone linked to a few posts back. Real or not, the letter's been seen by thousands, possibly tens of thousands of people at this point. I imagine it propagated not only to Forbes, but also to 4chan, other gaming news sites, possibly NeoGAF, and other special interest forums like the Codex.

Angthoron

Arcane
Was it deleted by author or by moderator though? I heard it might be the latter from a friend.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Meh, EA. My 8 year old kid is pushing me to buy this game and has been nagging about it for months. Well, after this DRM shitstorm he wont be getting it for the same reason I didnt buy Diablo 3. Nor any of the Ubisoft titles with this always on drm.

I mean the cheap version costs 599 SEK(about 70 euros or $95) on Origin. Imagine my rage if I would buy this singleplayer game and then got stuck infront of a 30 minute que login screen. Holy shit
Just pirate it for the kid, he won't know the difference. :troll:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Was it deleted by author or by moderator though? I heard it might be the latter from a friend.

Well, Reddit is rather strongly anti-EA (the ONLY redeeming quality of Reddit's gaming-related subreddits), so I doubt the moderators would delete it. There have been similar posts in the past purporting to be from EA employees that weren't deleted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom