Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, they got some nice numbers but are they buying from the ingame store?

Haven't actually looked how it works, if there is pay to win stuff, or just cosmetics.

i was curious about this apex thingy so i went to take some dust off my origin account, also to change its email because i lost access to it.
"your credentials have expired", i've received no explanation about this but it sounds like "if you don't use it as often as i say you have to, i'll take your stuff back". after hours of searching, 404s on the official help pages and screenshots showing operations not existing anymore i've been able to speak with a bot, not even a good one, which gave me a questionary with the most impossible things to remember like "when did you create the account" or "tell me when and what were your last 4 things you bought".
holy fucking christ, let's thank the depression for once which makes me keep all the most useless shit ever, as order confirmation emails.
i answered all their retarded questions, 24 hours later i get their final answer: "with the info you have us we can't determine if the account was yours".
what's a normal man supposed to do now, other than embrace an assault rifle and kill them all?
i lost all my stuff, MY STUFF, THINGS WHICH BELONG TO ME AND TO ME ONLY, because they lack a fucking 4 lines script for account retrieval like they existed 20 years ago already.

Squid

Arbiter
Yeah, they got some nice numbers but are they buying from the ingame store?

Haven't actually looked how it works, if there is pay to win stuff, or just cosmetics.
No idea about this. I can tell you this though. So far, nothing sold has been anything but cosmetic. You get a lootbox every level near the beginning (I don't know if it's right from the start) until you hit level 20 and then it's every other level. Then after level 50 it's every 5 levels but at a weird interval. I think at level 100 you stop earning the lootboxes. The prices they sell the cosmetics for in the store are ridiculous everything is like 18 USD and the event stuff was 11 USD but you have to spend money in increments of at least 10.

They need to sort that out better or they'll do worse in the long run, I think. I'm sure the metrics read that it maximizes profits now but that doesn't help reputation. They also will be including a battle pass and assuming it lasts a season, the seasons seem to be about 3 months long.

Anthem seems to suck even more than Andromeda did. Or maybe it's now "OK" for mainstream sites to trash major dev releases after the hillarity of Fallout 76.
One can fucking hope. A 5/10 doesn't mean an absolute piece of shit. It literally is the middle of a scale. Sure a AAA game shouldn't want to be a 5/10 but the whole anything below a 7 is garbage thing critics do is silly. I don't even think giving something like Anthem a 5/10 would be "trashing" it. It's more likely being honest. It works most of the time and there's nothing gamebreaking going on, it has shit that works, about half of it is fun or something, etc. I haven't played it or even watched more than a few minutes of it mind you, but that's about a 5/10 to me. It isn't a complete dogshit pile of shovelware and there's moments that are decent with plenty of content or something, I don't know.

GrainWetski

Arcane

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Ssshillmanlives got invited to EA's "GameChanger" program which lets YouTubers and streamers get an exclusive hands-on for EA games, which in this case meant being shipped to Japan to play an endgame build of Anthem. For the preview video on Anthem he said "alright, this might be bretty gud", but for his release video he slammed the loading times and barebones gameplay (like pretty much everyone else is saying). In response, EA deemed this review to be too negative, blacklisted him from the program, and took down his video under the demand that he remove the part at the start of the video that he's part of the EA GameChanger program. It's been reuploaded since.

Goes to show what a EA GameChanger sponsorship at the start of the video actually entails.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
5P3nSQ3.png

Wd9OroJ.png

Is this guy a moron? just bury it and hope your audience forgets you were turning tricks for EA shekels.

Fucking aussie dingo's infest youtube.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
pls no bully my EA stock.

Here's some fake news for you to make your stock happy:

EA’s New Anthem Might Help the Gaming Stock Keep Rising
Shares of Electronic Arts (EA) , which dove last year in the wake of the late-August news that an important holiday-season game would be delayed, have reclaimed some of that lost ground this year. The company’s next big game, Anthem, might help them keep rising.

That’s the thinking of PiperJaffray analyst Michael Olson, who on Thursday reiterated an Overweight rating on the stock while boosting his price target by $12 to $111, about 13% above FactSet’s average near $98.

The stock, up some 24% in 2019, was recently down less than 1% to $97.90.

Anthem, in which players jump into Iron Man-like suits and fly around blowing stuff up, is scheduled to be released tomorrow. Reviews and fan reaction could be described as mixed, though Olson—citing surveys of gamers conducted in January and early February—is “cautiously optimistic.”

Opening today at -4% though.

i did the impossible. with a crack team of coders i had the lost email address be rewired and reroute incoming mail to another address of mine.
it turns out that the only automated system ea has in place for origin, the password reset, doesn't work. it doesn't send its emails.
nobody on earth has enough face for all these palms.

Squid

Arbiter
I didn't expect Origin to have non-EA games on it. It's kinda wild to me that there are other games on there. It makes me wonder, who in the hell is buying them there instead of GOG or Steam? Origin was only good for Titanfall 1 and 2. Fight me.

Squid

Arbiter
I know Ubisoft has their games on Origin for whatever reason.
That reason is what we call money. EA wants their smaller cut and Ubisoft wants theirs. Sure they want you on the Uplay store to maximize profits but they understand that they just attach their own DRM onto their games and sell them on other storefronts. Ubisoft sells games on Origin and Steam? Both probably require Uplay anyway? They make their money no matter what. All those people that only buy on Steam even if it requires Uplay just want their library managed on Steam and they'll still buy the games. It's a better idea than exclusivity if you ask me, now you'll get any and all potential customers by being on every major storefront.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
5P3nSQ3.png

Wd9OroJ.png

Is this guy a moron? just bury it and hope your audience forgets you were turning tricks for EA shekels.

Fucking aussie dingo's infest youtube.
Scratch my last post, apparently EA requested that his video be reuploaded because he uploaded his video with the wrong EA GameChangers logo he was contractually obliged to add in for disclosure. So he reuploads the video without any EA logo at all and claims he was blacklisted. EA says they have no idea what the hell he is talking about and that he did get paid, in turn attracting the attention of several press outlets and other YouTubers looking in the issue of an innocent YouTuber getting blacklisted by The Man. However, GGG couldn't provide much in the face of evidence that he was blacklisted ("it was a phone call"), so the claim that he ever got blacklisted is incredibly flimsy. But now that all eyes on him he wants to drop the issue entirely.

Basically, EA did nothing wrong here, and it's not unlikely that they'll rip him a new one for hurting their reputation.

J1M

Arcane
I don't care about youtuber drama, but the only way to prove he isn't blacklisted is to pay him for the next game they release...

DemonKing

Arcane
I wonder when people will start having enough of yet another battle royale game.

With Apex Legends it took me two games before I deleted it - first game I did nothing for minutes after landing but run around collecting stuff until finally making contact with the enemy and dying immediately. Second game one of my own teamies started abusing me over the mike the moment the game started and then upon landing I promptly died immediately.

I have no idea why tis genre is popular.

J1M

Arcane
I wonder when people will start having enough of yet another battle royale game.

With Apex Legends it took me two games before I deleted it - first game I did nothing for minutes after landing but run around collecting stuff until finally making contact with the enemy and dying immediately. Second game one of my own teamies started abusing me over the mike the moment the game started and then upon landing I promptly died immediately.

I have no idea why tis genre is popular.
It taps into the part of the brain that responds well to gambling, people don't feel pressure to win, the scrounge and collect mechanics scratch the same itch as single-player, but most of all you can start a new match right away instead of being forced to spectate as a form of punishment for failure.

sullynathan

Arcane
You succ so bad you deleted the game after dying, fitting.

BR is unorthodox compared to standard TDM. Do or die against 60 - 100 people, instead of constant respawn against 10 - 20. There is no going back

DemonKing

Arcane
BR is unorthodox compared to standard TDM. Do or die against 60 - 100 people, instead of constant respawn against 10 - 20. There is no going back

The time investment doesn't seem worth the reward to me. I used to play a bit of CS, Sof2 and MOH:AA Objective modes where you only had a single life and loved those as you had a roughly 50/50 chance of winning, but in BR it seems you can spend ages doing nothing and miles from any action and the chances of winning are pretty miniscule.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom