Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Dexter, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Young_Hollow Educated

Young_Hollow
    Just logged in to Origin today after hearing about how a vulnerability was patched. The client still has an option for an offline mode but other than that it seems worse than all the others, even the Epic one. Their store interface wastes space and they have large icons for games that don't show any info on the game, including price, even if you mouse over them. The only things shown is if the game is included in their subscription service. Once you find a game you were looking for and go to its storepage, you can't even see its price there but have to click 'buy now' and choose to buy or subscribe to their sub service.

TLDR it takes min. 3 clicks to see a games price on this ''store''. They're basically slowly phasing out purchases it seems. RIP in peace game ownership?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I see the prices just fine, on the main page and the game page. Maybe it's a setting you have off or something?

[​IMG]

• cuck cuck x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. GreyViper Arbiter

GreyViper
    Sad to say its the only place I found Need For Speed Most Wanted with DLCs. The one version in seven seas do not have them included. :/ Also a good place to backup old Crusader No Remorse/No Regret games. Other then that maybe Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 4.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Young_Hollow Educated

Young_Hollow
    [​IMG] I'd clicked on Games>All PC games and gotten the interface I described. But Dalek was right and all I had to do was click on View>Store to get the UI he was getting. But this was what I was getting so you can't blame for not having it open too long : https://imgur.com/a/8qh78gT

EDIT: how the fuck does embedding images work?

^ Top  
  5. Chad J. Thundercock ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

Chad J. Thundercock
    Imgur albums must be embedded with the media button, right of the image button. Images can only be embedded with a direct link to the image file.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)