Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://lordsofthefallen.com

https://af.gog.com/game/lords_of_the_fallen_game_of_the_year_edition?as=1649904300

EDIT: Tomasz Gop disputes this game being a Dark Souls clone, because there are differences!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the game has been officially announced, we might as well get a thread for it.

City Interactive homepage.

Game's FaceBook page.

CI GAMES UNVEILS LORDS OF THE FALLEN FOR NEXT-GEN CONSOLES AND PC

Development of Hardcore Action Role-Playing Game Led by Former Senior Producer of The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

WARSAW, POLAND – May 16, 2013 — CI Games, a fast-growing international publisher and developer of interactive entertainment, today officially announced Lords of the Fallen, a challenging fantasy action/role-playing game (RPG). Development of the game is being led by Tomasz Gop, former senior producer of the award-winning The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings. Lords of the Fallen is a demanding and strategic third-person action-RPG experience being created for next generation consoles and PC, coming in 2014.

“Our team is building Lords of the Fallen specifically for players who enjoy taking on huge challenges, where the odds are stacked against them,” said Tomasz Gop, executive producer, CI Games. “From the very beginning, Lords of the Fallen will intrigue and satisfy players’ hunger to explore each corner of a brand new world, freely customize and build their own character and take down some of the most epic enemies ever seen.”

Lords of the Fallen is a hardcore action-RPG featuring an advanced combat systems and robust class skill trees. Set in a richly created fantasy world where the Gods have failed mankind, players will take on the role of a human named Harkyn who sets out on a quest to stand against an apparently unstoppable supernatural force. Players travel across a world that is deeply dived by those that follow and others that resist, the Fallen God. Along their journey they will be faced with a series of decisions that will alter both the world and their character thus dramatically impacting the storyline.

Lords of the Fallen will be presented live at the Electronic Entertainment (E3) Expo in Los Angeles, California at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 11-13, 2013.

I'm not expecting any incline from this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Borelli

Arcane
Development of Hardcore Action Role-Playing Game
Lords of the Fallen is a hardcore action-RPG
Looks like it won't be a regular action role-playing game.
It will be a HARDCORE action role-playing game. But will this game be HARDCORE enough for Codex or will Codex have to be HARDCORE enough for this game?:D

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Bah, I was gonna make a thread for this and call it "Potato Dark Souls: Lords of the Fallen".

Anyway, everything involved in this game is shit. The Witcher was shit and every previous game by these pollacks was shit.

The fact that the game was announced with little more than already seen concept art is not very promising, either.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
City Interactive = Sniper Ghost Warrior = UTTER SHIT

One glance at their portfolio tells you all you need to know. I don't think CI can really pull this off, even more so becuase they're clearly using Gop as a selling point.

Borelli

Arcane
It contains a combat system inspired by Arkham City, Dark Souls and Kingdoms of Amalur, and takes place 1000 years after the death of a God, whose corpse has turned into a mountain thus dividing the earth in half. Players will take on the role of a human named Harkyn who sets out on a quest to “stand against an apparently unstoppable supernatural force.”
This MIGHT be good IF and only IF they successfully copy Dark Souls combat system. I heartily await next batch of screenshots to see whether it's worthy of bitching.

TomGop

Literate
Hi Guys,
So in case you're wondering, I don't believe LotF will be too much like The Witcher. And not like Sniper: Ghost Warrior in case anybody really thought so. :)

Indranys

Savant
Hardcore hardcore.
The marketing gimmick drives me nuts!
What's so hardcore about this popamole "RPG"? :mad:
And anyone who takes inspiration from Kingdoms of Amalur combat should not be trusted till the coming of ITZ goddamit!

:x

For once just make a good combat system for fuck's sake!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any game with third person action combat has to have Blade of Darkness as its main inspiration when designing the combat system.

TomGop

Literate
Blade of Darkness? You got it, but we gotta go deeper... Our inspiration is also Moonstone for Amiga. And I'm not even kidding you.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hardcore hardcore.
The marketing gimmick drives me nuts!
What's so hardcore about this popamole "RPG"? :mad:
And anyone who takes inspiration from Kingdoms of Amalur combat should not be trusted till the coming of ITZ goddamit!

:x

For once just make a good combat system for fuck's sake!

Amalur's combat system WAS good. Lack of difficulty, not so much, but that's another beast.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Blade of Darkness? You got it, but we gotta go deeper... Our inspiration is also Moonstone for Amiga. And I'm not even kidding you.

Ok, you got me there.
But i believe we'll need something more substantial if you ever hope to convince us...

Tytus

Arcane
Cool, it's been so long since I last played a hardcore game. But this only shows how rpgs are being perceived by modern gamers nowadays. A succesful true crpg was so long ago that the modern gamer doesn't even know what it is. True, there were some crpg games over the years but never had the mainstream appeal for the modern gamers. Especially when gaming became cool and a lot of people hopped on the bandwagon. Nowadays action-rpgs like Witcher 2 or DA2 are being considered hardcore, because you have to do a little more than just run and gun like in CoD. And the worst thing is that this trend will continue. Mainstream rpgs will get more actiony and more streamlined to the point that in 15-20 years. Witcher 2 will seem so complex that will actually become a Hardcore RPG.

Tytus

Arcane

Then why not just make a Moonstone remake? The rights for it aprobably aren't that expensive.

TomGop

Literate
Morgoth: that's the plan.
abnaxus: not a DS clone, and we are working together with D13 - they're core team (CI Games is co-developing though, not just publishing).
Tytus: because LotF isn't a remake. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom