Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I mean, I beat the game in 40 hours, more or less, 43 if STEAM is correct. Obviously I didn't complete 100% of the game, but I did a lot, I remember defeating all the enemies on several of the maps, for example. I don't think it's such a long game, I imagine that if you do just the basics you can finish in less than 20 hours. But I agree that after a certain point the game ends up being more of the same and you always end up using the same skills, in the same order.

Are you talking about They are Billions or Xulima? I can't see how it would be possible to finish Xulima that quickly.

I beat Xulima in 37 hours and got all of the achievements apart from hardcore difficulty and ironman. But I also used Cheat Engine's speedhack from about 5 hours into it or so, so at least 30 of those hours were played on 2x speed.

Drowed

Arcane
DmvXEOg.png

As you can see, I didn't really get all the achievements. That's normal, I usually play the game just to finish it without worrying about achievements or fulfilling all tasks and/or quests. But maybe STEAM didn't register every hour I've played because there are some inconsistencies, STEAM itself says that the last time I played was in December 2014, but the last achievement is from January 2015, so... That doesn't make much sense.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's a cool blobber with a decent challenge and some nice isometric exploration. Why would anyone consider this semi-forgotten indie overrated, is beyond me.

Renevent

Cipher
I liked it but was never able to finish it. I stopped playing for a month or so and when I started re-playing I couldn't figure out what to do. I re-install it from time to time to try again but same thing...not sure what's up but my journal says I have no quest active.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I liked it but was never able to finish it. I stopped playing for a month or so and when I started re-playing I couldn't figure out what to do. I re-install it from time to time to try again but same thing...not sure what's up but my journal says I have no quest active.

The journal doesn't track the main quest, just the side quests.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Same here. But i don't finish a lot of crpgs. I play them 2/3, 3/4 or more and then stop. Maybe it's because endings often sucks in crpgs.

A game can't be overrated if it isn't rated. It was ok except the itemization. It was one of the worst i saw in a crpg.

Renevent

Cipher
I just installed it again since this thread got me thinking about the game again...journal says no active missions and the "main mission" tab is just a bunch lore. Would have been nice to have a note like "we defeated bla bla bla, we should check out x area" or something. I've been wandering around and the only places I haven't been is a path where the second I move into some dude kills me with lightning, and another where I keep being told some strange force is pushing me back. I'm sure it's something stupid and was probably told at some point where to go but considering it's been a year and it's nowhere in a log/journal I have zero idea of what to do next.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just installed it again since this thread got me thinking about the game again...journal says no active missions and the "main mission" tab is just a bunch lore. Would have been nice to have a note like "we defeated bla bla bla, we should check out x area" or something. I've been wandering around and the only places I haven't been is a path where the second I move into some dude kills me with lightning, and another where I keep being told some strange force is pushing me back. I'm sure it's something stupid and was probably told at some point where to go but considering it's been a year and it's nowhere in a log/journal I have zero idea of what to do next.

Yeah, that's a big problem. The game seems semi-open at first, but actually you are funneled all the time. All other directions are gated by generally impossible encounters. "Go strictly this way or die miserably". Some choice.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Have there been any news about Numatian re-visiting RPGs? I did have a ton of fun with LoX and stopped caring and following them after getting burnt by They Are Billions.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Have there been any news about Numatian re-visiting RPGs? I did have a ton of fun with LoX and stopped caring and following them after getting burnt by They Are Billions.
if it ever gets done, it would definitely take a lot of time...
That's what one of the devs said recently:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/296570/discussions/0/1696043806569179824/?ctp=2#c2965016081076356250

Gomez
comment_modindicator_officer.png
13 Oct, 2020 @ 10:33am

Hi,

We are still finishing the last big update for TAB that has been delayed because of the COVID but we really cannot give an ETA for Xulima 2. Of course is in our minds but far in time.

Best regards.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I have zero idea of what to do next.

I've played RPGs without a quest log many times without any problem, but what gets me about LoX is that the game feels like it should have a proper quest log for the main quest. You read something in the dialogue and you assume you'll find that information in the menu later, but it's not there.

Also, the game doesn't give you enough information to later assume you should know who is who and what is where.

And there are basic ass UI problems that are mind blowing. You can only see your complete character sheet when you level up. This wouldn't be a huge problem if the classes didn't all have common skills that apparently don't stack. I have to remember that my bard is the one I use points on for object evaluation, my mage is the one I use points on for object identification, my adventurer for terrain knowledge, my thief for perception.. fuck off! You can't look at the sheet with this info, you have to remember it when you are distributing points during level ups! It's nuts.

Also, and maybe this is a problem on my end, but I get a lot of unregistered clicks during combat. I have a few of times used a physical attack with the mage because the game didn't register I clicked on the magic spell.

And the enemy area for you to click on to attack is, as far as I can tell, the same size for all enemies, despite the fact they vary greatly in shapes and sizes.

Let me clear, I don't hate the game. There's some good stuff in the game. But so far I wouldn't call this

One of the best computer roleplaying crpg games?

More like a very unique game with some obvious problems.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Doesn't feel like they want to work on Xulima 2 at all, milking "They are billions" seems to meet their career goals.

Besides, now they made enough money to finance Xulima 2, sure, they might be able to do without their copy/paste game design but their graphic whoring tendencies make me fear the final outcome.
More animations, Mui colors and graphics...

Let's hope i'm wrong and they deliver something better than recent blobbers like MMX in 2030.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom