Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Lovehammer 400 000: The Buttlerian Crusade - Tactics/Roguelite/Match-3 Hybrid - now on Early Access

lightbane

Arcane
The plot mentioned so far seems truly way better written than the Horus Herpdesy books, and more believeable to boot, I would say.

Although, even as a blatant parody, I won't be surprised if GW's Adeptus Lawyertarstes try to sue anyway.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
So we'll be having different assemblies of Cosmo Commandos available for the play and that's how the traits of a distinct assembly will look like:
3D02541F0C6BC98266884068CB9853297406C251

We'll start with two of them and then I hope to do 7 more or something like that. Also, something that's not mentioned there (because it's kinda a given) is that each assembly will have some unique equipment - in Dukes' case it's Coolest Shades, Tactical Gloves, Glorious Tally, Overstuffed Bandolier, Expanded Codpiece & Heroic Pouches. What these mighty relics might do - I'll leave it up to your imagination.

ED: Actually, let's play a game here. If you'll manage to guess at least one of them more or less correctly, I'll gift you a prestigeous pre-release key (with lots of bugs to enjoy). First guesser getting the spoils, obviously.

Last edited:

Norfleet

I think you're going to get sued.
If they try, they will lose. This is so blatantly a parody that it would be a slam dunk for any legal defense. The attempt would just be a dismal flop and they would look bad doing it. And it would be a major marketing boost for the game.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Overstuffed Bandolier
Carry more ammo.

Two of these items have a simple design like that. But not this one.

Why would you want grab Ass gloved? At least when we're talking about nice, cute and properly groomed female asses.

Coolest Shades
More charisma. Or protection against light. Or nightvision.

No, not even close.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Kk, let's go, under the Most Glorious Guidance of the Holy Light of the Emp KING. Being a heretic following the game's plotline, I doubt I will succeed...

Coolest Shades

Fire resistance. Or extra stealth (if it's even in the game) for Termination missions.

Tactical Gloves

This one is tough. Tac gloves in real life are used to avoid damage. Here.... mhh.... improves Initiative.

Glorious Tally

Bonuses to nearby allies.

Overstuffed Bandolier

Special ammo.

Expanded Codpiece

Extra Armour or Health.

Heroic Pouches

Extra inventory space. Do we even get an inventory?

Pope Amole II

Developer
Coolest Shades

Fire resistance. Or extra stealth (if it's even in the game) for Termination missions.

We're having Asbestos Underpants for the sake of fire resistance provision. That's much more safer & effective. As for the stealth - I do want to implement it somehow but it's tricky atm. And, anyways, that'd be more of a Supreme Gentleman thing (the listed equipment is basic commando stuff).

Tactical Gloves
This one is tough. Tac gloves in real life are used to avoid damage. Here.... mhh.... improves Initiative.

No. We're having an uneven turn system (i.e., higher the speed - more turns you get) so speed-boosters are not that easy to come by.

Glorious Tally

Bonuses to nearby allies.

I know that tally rhymes with ally but that's about the only connection I see here.

Overstuffed Bandolier

Special ammo.

A must have in this setting but it's implemented in a default kind of a way, not as an assembly-specific stuff.

Expanded Codpiece

Extra Armour or Health.

Don't think that having some really big junk gives extra health.

Heroic Pouches

Extra inventory space. Do we even get an inventory?

No inventory. Each character already has 7-12 active abilities and if some piece of equipment is providing an ability (some do) then it goes straight towards there.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Releasing an extremely obtuse game with no tutorial is a commercial sudoku this day and age.

Kek.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom