Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Low end gaming recommendations for those cursed with integrated graphics cards like me :(

sullynathan

Arcane
I ran Max Payne 3 on a 2011 - 2012 Macbook pro at acceptable framerates on an integrated card. You'll be fine.

Gregz

Arcane
Stars in Shadow is a Master of Orion-like 4X with pretty basic 2D graphics, so your computer should be able to run it.

Also, I imagine the first two Thief games should run without problem, and they have a massive collection of fan missions to play. And they're some of the greatest computer games ever.
I am looking for something more modern, like 2004 onward.

Why set yourself up for such failure? Most of the best games are < 2004.

As for my suggestion, play ZAngband.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Oh yeah, completely forgot for 2007 you have Portal 1.
Shoould also be able to tun Portal 2, but that is best if buy it on Steam because of the user made test chambers.

:Flash:

Arcane
Stars in Shadow is a Master of Orion-like 4X with pretty basic 2D graphics, so your computer should be able to run it.

Also, I imagine the first two Thief games should run without problem, and they have a massive collection of fan missions to play. And they're some of the greatest computer games ever.

Play Outcast: Second Contact.
The game is from < 2004, so it's good, but the graphics are from > 2004, if that is what you're after.
I'm having a blast with it at the moment. I played it first in 1999, and it's still as good as it was back then.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Play Outcast: Second Contact.
The game is from < 2004, so it's good, but the graphics are from > 2004, if that is what you're after.
I'm having a blast with it at the moment. I played it first in 1999, and it's still as good as it was back then.
Game is truly unique.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If you are able to play Stalker, your PC is able run...

- Every fucking PC game 'till 2007 at least
- PSX emulation
- N64 emulation
- Dreamcast emulation
- GB/GBC emulation
- GBA emulation
- SNES emulation
- NES emulation
- Genesis emulation
- ZX Spectrum emulation
- Amiga emulation
- C64 emulation
- Amstrad emulation
- 3DO emulation
- Jaguar emulation
- some of less demanding games for PS2, Wii, Gamecube and Saturn

... and yet you feel being limited?
It is mainly because I don't know how to do emulation, I only have mouse and keyboard and I don't know which console games are suitable for PC.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thanks a lot guys, I will try Underrail!

Outcast Second Contact looks epic, but probably won't run on my PC.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks a lot guys, I will try Underrail!

Outcast Second Contact looks epic, but probably won't run on my PC.
It likely will. If you're very doubtful, You can play the original Outcast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom