Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Between Qilin's faltering confidence in our relationship and herself, the Cult's still precarious position and the fact that B doesn't really solve the issue at heart here, which is "WAIFU WARS ARE SRS BZNS, XU JING! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE #1!", I really do think A is the better choice. The only side whom we can tell to shut up and deal with it for now are our own Cult, whom we can convert to our way of thinking by being a worthy Fire Lord...and kicking their asses:
So, treave, what would it take for both the Cult and the Wudu to shut their mouths about waifu rankings and just let it be? Kicking Tulu's and the Ameshas' asses at the same time?

One at a time would do it. Or you could accomplish something really awesome.
Or, better yet, all the asses.

Add to that the fact that an actual alliance between us, as Fire Lord, and the Wudu Cult will be beneficial in the here and now and help prepare us for whatever shitstorms the zhang Clan and Douchebag Generation have planned, and I do believe this is the better option.

Tribute

Arbiter
I'm willing to flop to A if we think it is wise.

Between Qilin's faltering confidence in our relationship and herself, the Cult's still precarious position and the fact that B doesn't really solve the issue at heart here, which is "WAIFU WARS ARE SRS BZNS, XU JING! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE #1!", I really do think A is the better choice. The only side whom we can tell to shut up and deal with it for now are our own Cult, whom we can convert to our way of thinking by being a worthy Fire Lord...and kicking their asses:
So, treave, what would it take for both the Cult and the Wudu to shut their mouths about waifu rankings and just let it be? Kicking Tulu's and the Ameshas' asses at the same time?

One at a time would do it. Or you could accomplish something really awesome.
Or, better yet, all the asses.
Reminder that Tulu Huodu is a Directional Great. And that we haven't been immune to poison since the incident with the fire.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
My priority is that the Fire Cult > Qilin's family but since we can't marry Yunzi right now we should just delay.

There's the option of telling them to screw themselves, of course, but I voted to continue the LP.

Tigranes

Arcane
I feel like if we C2 then end up fighting the inlaws, the demon could surface and do something Slayer-like. Just being cautious since we don't know about our condition yet.

B for now.

Esquilax

Arcane
I feel like if we C2 then end up fighting the inlaws, the demon could surface and do something Slayer-like. Just being cautious since we don't know about our condition yet.

I don't think so. If that were the case, why didn't he become a completely invulnerable demigod when we slew Jian Yixiao in battle? I'm sure that there whatever is inside us has power of some sort, but I also suspect that it doesn't give too much of a shit about whether we live or die so long as it finds a suitable host.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter

I don't think so. If that were the case, why didn't he become a completely invulnerable demigod when we slew Jian Yixiao in battle? I'm sure that there whatever is inside us has power of some sort, but I also suspect that it doesn't give too much of a shit about whether we live or die so long as it finds a suitable host.

Even IT doesn't know whose reincarnation we are. Wonder if gaining this knowledge would put us in power over it?

Also why the Hatred lost it's former goal and just wants to 'conform' to it's hosts desires?

Is it because that with strange eons even death may die?

Baltika9

Arcane
Here you go, let me know if I missed anyone:
Elfberserker A
Absinthe B
Ganymede A
Lambchop19 B
Nevill A
Akkudakku B
Kz3r0 B
Rex Feral A
asxetos B
Kipeci B
Baltika9 A
Jester B
Smashing Axe A
GreyViper B
Kashmir Slippers A
XenomorphII B
Grimgravy B
The Brazilian Slaughter A
Tigranes B
Tribute B

A- 8
B- 12

I counted all the unflopped C2's as B votes since they were made before treave, ah, altered the C vote.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I think they should be counted as B unless they specifically state they want treave's C2 and not mine. I just have a hard time believing many would knowingly pick treave's troll suicide option.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Honestly, all I want is for Jing not to be completely oblivious to how important this decision is for Qilin, and make some effort to mitigate the damage to her self-confidence this will inevitably result in. I don't care for political repercussions of the choices nearly as much as for keeping our party together and in high spirits. I don't have a preference here.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Do we even know what Qilin wants?

I think her immediate desire was "get the hell out of here", but once Jing was trapped here too she couldn't.

Nevill

Arcane
Do we even know what Qilin wants?
I am pretty sure we know exactly what she wants, despite what she tells us she wants. Really, I thought that since we have a tendency to never tell anyone how we truly feel, we would eventually pick up an ability to read between the lines.

She wants to be the first girl in our heart. Any woman would want that, even Cao'er. It's just that Cao'er can easily get over it as long as she gets to be with us at all, while Qilin can't, as we have already seen.

Her refusing a marriage is one thing, but if Jing refuses it, and on a basis he can't marry her before he marries the other girl to boot, it will hurt her. Deeply.

Basically, this:
Anyway, uh, regardless of what they might say, their feelings about the matter could be different. Just a heads up.
Since the Fire Cult is tied with us and can't get away from us until we are dead, they will accept our actions, grudgingly or not. And Yunzi knew we had two girls already when she decided to come along. However, the same can not be said about Qilin and her faction, which affects my decision somewhat.

Still, a double marriage is the most fair way to solve the conundrum (if at all possible), even if not everyone will be pleased with it. We said that we will treat all of our girls equally, and we better act on it.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Can't we at the very least come up with a solid date for all the parties involved? We look like an untrustworthy debtor who promises he'll settle it tomorrow for months.

I guess there is no avoiding the fact that we just threw the girl under a bus for the sake of politics. Still, I hope it does not change Jing's feelings towards her and he lets her know that. A small consolation, but it helps to know that the fault does not lie with her.

We have to make up for this, and not by taking the easy way out like we did at the inn.

:(

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Obviously there is only one solution to the problem: declare a deathmatch tournament for the #1 waifu spot, Jean-Claude Van Damme style:
MV5BMTc0MzQ5Mzk2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY1OTEyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

*sigh* I hope Qilin doesn't leave us or die trying to "prove" herself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom