Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kz3r0

Arcane
Funny as many complain that we should have chose the troll option then they are seriously discussing giving away Emei' sword just to look good.
Emei nomined us as rpresentative, a notorious leecherous scoundrel representing nuns is a crime to pass by, without mentioning thatgiving back the sword after being officially endorsed by them can be seen as insulting.
For the crimson blade I think that giving an emperor sword to another emperor is just fitting, giving it to one of our allies can hardly be considered proper too, after all we are disposing of something that is not really ours, while the emperor can be considere the righteous owner of such a sword.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For the crimson blade I think that giving an emperor sword to another emperor is just fitting, giving it to one of our allies can hardly be considered proper too, after all we are disposing of something that is not really ours, while the emperor can be considere the righteous owner of such a sword.
It isn't just about giving the sword to one of our allies. It works best in her hands, and she needs it more than the Emperor does, seeing how it improves her reputation and renown. It was a secret dream of hers to make a name for herself, remember? She needs to take her sect back, and I assume that this will speed up the process significantly.

It is about setting at least one of the things that were our fault right.

What trolling option are you talking about? If you are still going on about the demon, many of us stated we didn't choose it for the troll factor. It just seemed right. To some, at least.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Since people seem to be going batshit public relations crazy, I must amend my vote. I want at least one of them.

BA> AB

Oh man I wish we could've seen Tulu Houdu and Zhang Jue sparring, that must've been awesome.

So the blocks are those:

1. Xu Jing and Orthodox Big Bros' Block:
Xu Jing (currently), Guo Fu, who else we select (so far it seems it will be Song Lingshu)

2. Wuxing-zhang Orthodontist Dirty Douchebag Block of Darkness:
Nie Wuxing, zhang Minyue, the Taishan Disciple

Swing Votes:
Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai, Sword Saint

Theorically, there's a drawn here.

The problems:
1. We don't even know if the Sword Saint will show up, or at least send Murong Yandi in his place
2. We don't know who the Sword Saint will vote for; Minyue was his apprentice, after all.
3. Zuo Qingfen and You Lanhai will probably vote zhang-wuxing, because the zhang clan has their children. I can totally see them voting pro-zhang in exchange for the clan liberating the twins from captivity, or at least helping them somehow in that aspect. I can actually see them going to Minyue and asking help with that in exchange for the votes.
4. Master Zhang seems to be itching to duke it out with the Sword Saint. This may cause chaos. I do get the feeling that Zhang is kinda bored since he came back from Japan, I have the feeling that since the Frathouse Bros were all killed or heavily wounded, there aren't really many epic pugilists for Zhang to fight. He's one of the greats, and the only guys around with calibre to fight him are Abbot Fangci, Tulu Houdu and the Sword Saint (also The Shaolin Librarian but I don't think even Zhang is crazy to mess with him, he probably eats Greats for breakfast).

So far if it comes into a epic brawl, Jing's bros will kick their asses cause we got SIX Jing-level fighters (Jing, Armaiti, Yunzi, Yifang, Song Lingshu, Guo Fu) and some extra backup (Qillin, Cao'er, no idea what will Zhang do in the mess) and the best they got is Nie Wuxing (a coward), Su Cheng (also a coward), Bai Jiutian (dangerous) the Taishan Discipline (unknown), zhang Minyue (seems to be on the level of pre-Maniac Training Jing), the Taishan Heroes (unknown, seem good) but little else.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Good Im not late to the flopping party BROs.

Im willing to politics our way around this so CB.

We need a BRO alliance :hero:

Nevill

Arcane
Placing petty politicking before epic fightan. Now where did I see that?

Oh, right. Nie Wuxing. :P

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Placing petty politicking before epic fightan. Now where did I see that?

Oh, right. Nie Wuxing. :P
Oh but I still like fightan.

I just want to give the swords away for the trollan when we are on the sidelines in the conference.

On and to redo our sword style for straight on wodao.

I really don't see the point of giving Emei their sword at the present moment. Remember, we can't control them entirely, we can control Jing. Not to mention asking Man Tiger Pig to represent them is already a deliberate insult against Nie Wuxing, showing how much they don't give a shit about him. I would prefer to give them back their sword when things are more chill.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
xB

Why do you have to have so many good arguments, damn you. I look retarded because of all those flops thanks to this...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Hm, treave, if we give away the swords and get sidelined, could we have another weiqi match with Bai Jiutian?
It would be funny if the next update was about how we couldn't even attend the conference because we gave away all our swords except for the wodao, which is meant to be used as our secondary blade...uh oh. Who ever we send would come back and be all, "Wow. Incredible stuff. Revelations were made. The political landscape is about to change. Wish I could tell you about it, really, but you know, you don't have one of the great swords..." and treave will be all :troll:

Absinthe

Arcane
Sometimes kicking back and enjoying is the best option. Remember the restaurant brawl?

And yet, I doubt this is one of those times. For me at least, the whole reason I voted to continue the LP was to wrap up the plot points involving the main villians and find out who was really pulling the strings, what their motives where, and to defeat them. Sitting back isn't going to help us do that. And if you recall how we screwed up by waiting outside the wudang meeting in the pre-rollback path, kicking back can sometimes bite us in the ass too. We lost out on trolling the Twin Flowers for harem expansion, took a rep hit etc.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'd be more concerned if we didn't already know Shun is planning to trololol all over this.

We still have our crew in this, and Gao Ying, etc. will be helping out too. We'll get all the politicking info we need.

Plus Sword Saint will probably give us a jealous look on the way out and go "you bastard, you managed to do the right thing AND not get mired in this shit." Meanwhile, we troll BJ and eat popcorn.

Nevill

Arcane
I bet some people would want to chill even at the Huashan Summit.

The fate of THE sword that was discussed since the beginning of the LP is decided here, the sword that drew the lazy ass of the Emperor out of the capital, and we are going to sit it out.

I bet some people would want to chill even at the Huashan Summit.

The fate of THE sword that was discussed since the beginning of the LP is decided here, the sword that drew the lazy ass of the Emperor out of the capital, and we are going to sit it out.
Tell me about it. Comparing the comic relief duck fight to one of the most important plot points to date. Sometimes, I really wish the LP was singleplayer. :M

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:

Steel isn't strong, Nevill... Flesssh is stronger.

We will have much more fun 'catching up' with BJ, a woman, than hanging around with a bunch of men (and a few girls we can't get with anyway) arguing over who gets to swing around a fancy phallic symbol! Run, run away from the highest concentration of the cock!

Nevill

Arcane
We will have much more fun 'catching up' with BJ, a woman, than hanging around with a bunch of men (and a few girls we can't get with anyway) arguing over who gets to swing around a fancy phallic symbol!
Sorry, BJ < Minyue+Lingshu. Though if you add the twins to the equation...

Run, run away from the highest concentration of the cock!
Where did it ever scare the Codex?
Besides, I have seen through your foul plan. You just want to stay close to your loves Shun and Zhang Jue.

We were promised that we will be able to seduce a beautiful zhang girl and we better get to it, dammit! We have a perfect cover for it, too. After all, what we say is what the Emei would say, and we have a letter to prove it. Surely the nuns would not be up to anything naughty?

Absinthe

Arcane
Our standing with Minyue will be much better if we give away all the swords than if we hold on to one of them. Song Lingshu will be happy with us either way as we will give her the Chixiao Sword.

Also, strip weiqi with BJ. We were evenly matched at 7 int. Now we have 8 int. Odds looking good. The look on Song Lingshu's face will be priceless.

By the way treave, what can Chi Tianxie tell us about Liao Xiuyue's master?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way treave, what can Chi Tianxie tell us about Liao Xiuyue's master?

Ex-Wudang disciple, branched out like Rong Muben did. No one of real renown (at least, in comparison to the big players), he tried looking for the old guy too but the dude was already dead.

Nevill

Arcane
Ex-Wudang disciple, branched out like Rong Muben did. No one of real renown (at least, in comparison to the big players), he tried looking for the old guy too but the dude was already dead.
Did the dude have an ambitious male heir, per chance? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom