Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    not even a super mutant or a ghoul? we have to improve the dipping process!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I see no reason not to. With Qilin's flagging confidence, hitching up with her is the thing to do. Besides, she's already or wife.
    A

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    If she isn't holy enough to endure the flame, how can she be an aspect of God? :M

You are probably better off becoming strong enough to defeat Tulu Huodu and all of the Amesha then telling them you're going to marry the way you see fit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I disagree. Is mind a subject to the soul?

Dammit, I just wanted to rewrite the Holy Scriptures to suit my harem needs!

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Or you could just become Emperor, which is a position powerful enough to override any theology or pride they might cling to (thanks to the benefits you can confer). Then elevate Cao'er to main Empress, with all others equal beneath her as lesser empresses.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    God knows I wanted to give Cao'er to Shun and make her the Empress. Being our little Princess Jianning, she would just castrate the poor guy and remain our own waifu anyway while retaining the benefits of the throne. Our offsprings would have ruled the Empire!

But alas, the power of homo love would not have allowed it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That sorta happens in Cao'er route, where she goes nuts and severely trims Zhang Manxing's Zhang Jr., and you have a choice whether to put the guy out of his misery.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Ifeex Scholar

Ifeex
    Damnit, why didn't we go Cao'er route.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    You think Yunzi isn't Jings sister?

What do we know of Jings parents? :troll:

^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yang Xue fathered a son while guarding the Northern border before he went native.

...Cousins are fine too.

Qilin's mother is Jing's aunt.

Ditto for Lingshu's mother.

Cao'er and Jing actually have the same biological father.

Bai Jiutian is his long lost elder sister.

Xuezi is his great-great-grandaunt.

Next, on Days of Our Lives...

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  11. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    It's interesting that people are so passionate and creative when waifus are concerned compared to demon question thing. People are literally searching every nook and cranny to get them all:lol:

Flopping to A for delicious Wudu princess.

^ Top  
  12. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    Why not propose a triple marriage so we can be done with the first batch of waifus? We have more tail to chase anyway (Yifang, Song, Bai) for the next batch.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    The Taoist Redemption

You meditate upon the teachings of Tao while practising your Taiji moves. As you dwell deeper into your own being your moves become natural. This meditation lasts hours on maybe even a day, you found it easy to loose yourself in the tranquility sometimes.

But you find something new, different in yourself this time. It is but a simple weak undercurrent to your qi that you never could feel before. Your curiosity takes over as you draw this part out into your mind. A strong feeling of grieve as memories seep into you, memories of a lost life. Tears roll down your cheeks. You *remember* now, you remember what they did to you, you feel the anger on THEM for taking away your Love. You feel anger towards HER. Nuva, you sworn revenge upon her!

You are lost in these feelings and memories for minutes, hours. But a conscious thought hits you. Did you swear revenge? Or did you swear to find the one you Loved? You feel a dark entity inside you, angered that you question IT, question YOURSELF.
    'Why do you defy US Xu Jing? You are just a reincarnation, GIVE UP.' The presence is strong, oppresive. It tries to push you out into subconscious again. But you hold onto yourself, remind yourself there are people you love that depend on you.
    'Again with those that depend on US? Oh don't worry WORM I will grant your desire.' You wrestle the opressing thoughts.
    'YOU' you think 'YOU are not a real part of me.' you pause 'No you are born of hatred, a separate entity, Transcendent One.'
    'YES' it answers 'But now I found you and we are whole again, your desires will be granted.'
    'You have lost yourself, Transcendent, when we separated. *REMEMBER*' you fight for control over the flow of your qi and use WQ and Taoist philosophy to corner this entity. This state keeps for so long you can't even gasp the meaning of time.
    But you finaly win, you corner the Transcendent One and make him *remember* what he was before you were separated. You feel the entity writhe, tormented by the same memories as you.
    'Do you *remember* now Transcendent One?' he tries to attack you again in last desperate move 'Have you not learned anything over the eons?' you let the words ring out as you dissolve him to finaly find peace.
    'We have become *true* again' you think as you feel at peace, there is no one to answer you. 'We have work to do, I remember myself again'

You wake up in a dark room. You feel weak as you try to stand up.
    'Jing!' you hear Cao'er gasp.
    'Oh I'm fine, don't worry' you try to be cheerful but you colapse to the ground.

Your followers explain to you that you were out cold for almost a month. They found you lying on ground weeping and whispering tales of a celestial battle.

After you come back to health you feel stronger, more whole then ever.

Neigong
    The Shism and Restoration of Heavens (10/10)
    Just as you once fought the Celestials and brought a great Shism to the Heavens and yourself, you found your Way again. Your very being is between the state of Order and Chaos. You can hold any of the states for unlimited amount of time. Your control over the flow of your qi is ultimate. Your willpower is unbreakable as you finaly found your real purpose. (+4 STR, +4 END, +4 AGI in any of the states; +2 PER, +2 INT in orderly state; +2 END, +2 STR in chaos state)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    :thumbsup:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Master Zhang telling Jing he is worthy of being his heir?

^ Top  
  16. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry Shun but you can't beat the WAIFU.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So, treave, what would it take for both the Cult and the Wudu to shut their mouths about waifu rankings and just let it be? Kicking Tulu's and the Ameshas' asses at the same time? That being said, I would rather we cater to the Wudu and get Qilin as #1. We can make it up to our faction in other ways later, but not to the Wudu. Starting with a Wudu Cult alliance.

^ Top  
  18. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    So much discuss, I didn't see this mentioned though as I did my skim...

Wudu will be upset if another comes first to Qilin, the Fire Temple will be upset if another comes first to the Holy Maiden.

So... Why don't we marry both at the same time? Then marry Cao'er

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Because the Wudu and the Ameshas take waifu wars more srsly than the waifus themselves.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The glare of countless monitors lit up the girl's face, but there was only one screen she had eyes for. The high resolution screen depicted a cute infant slumbering contentedly in its cot. Pushing back a few stray strands of silken black hair from her face, the edges of the girl's lips twisted upwards in a smile.

"Is it he, Mistress? Our Lord?"

With a grunt of annoyance, she tore her eyes away from the screen and nodded once at the speaker. He was a tall man, dressed in an elegant coat and sporting a white porcelain mask over his face, as if he were about to attend a masquerade ball. Emblazoned on his coat was an ornate symbol of a fiery one-eyed serpent. Upon receiving confirmation, he bowed in return. "Your will be done, Mistress. We will retrieve our Lord immediately." Turning about crisply, he left, the doors sliding shut quietly upon his departure.

The girl gazed back at the screen, the faint smile back upon her beautiful features. Death, she could bear, but to be separated from him by it for eternity was torture. Even giving such a concept the slightest consideration would throw her mood into the deepest abyss. Long ago she had realized that no matter how joyous the days they spent together, should death come they would be separated forever. It was for this that she initially stole the secrets of immortality, but with him it would not take for reasons unknown to her. She could not accept such a fate. She could never lose him again.

She would not lose him ever again.

With her was a vessel that contained all of his memories and power. It was her most precious treasure, entrusted by his own hands. She would find his latest incarnation. She would take him, and raise him to again become the most beautiful, most perfect man she had ever known, and the only man she would ever love... and she would do this again, and again, until the end of time. This way, she could be with him forever.

The girl giggled, a high-pitched, girlish sound that was not at all unpleasant to the ear...

"...uhihihihihi..."

One at a time would do it. Or you could accomplish something really awesome.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  21. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    :bro:
    nice one up towards my humble attempt treave
    :hero:

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not a one up, just a reminder that you should pray that Cao'er never discovers a way to maintain a living head in a jar for an indefinite period of time.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    If we give in to the Demon, we will get to live at least until the thirteenth century, so that solves that problem.

^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    We should teach WQS to Cao'er and transfer the demon to her. It shall be glorious.

^ Top  
  25. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    This parrot to. So vote B i guess. This will be amusing, Zhang will be proud and happy.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)