Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“What about your master?” you ask. There was no sign of the Sword Saint at all. “Is he not coming?”

“Ah, my master is feeling… a little under the weather,” says Murong nervously. “He is currently resting in a small hut outside the city… he says the city air disagrees with him.”
Why is Yandi nervous? Is he afraid for his master's health (if so, why isn't he asking for help?), or is he flat out lying, but not very good at it? :)

Akkudakku

Arbiter
She isn't left behind. She is tasked with the most important mission we have.
Not really. I don't think anything is wrong with the Saint, he is just lazy. He was healthy enough to get his ass here, but not enough to go near Zhang Jue? Heh.

When was the last time we saw a master ill?

Meanwhile, if the conference goes to hell, as the B choices seem to prepare us for, she could indeed prove invaluable. So much can go wrong there.

In fact, BBAB.
Unless hes fucking poisoned, because you know, lady Nie and all that shit.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Am I the only one who thinks the Saint is poisoned? Luckily ZJ is going with Cao'er or I would start painting doomsday scenarios where she is kidnapped by zhang Manlou the moment she leaves.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, Nie would have to find him for that, first. Isn't it the hardest part of fighting or otherwise harming the Saint - to find him when he does not want to be found? :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks the Saint is poisoned? Luckily ZJ is going with Cao'er or I would start painting doomsday scenarios where she is kidnapped by zhang Manlou the moment she leaves.
Zhang went ahead, so... start painting! :)

Elfberserker

Liturgist

I think most of guys here are afraid of that.
Then again Murondi Yandi wasn't all that distressed about it, so He is probably taking a nap there.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Well, Nie would have to find him for that, first. Isn't it the hardest part of fighting or otherwise harming the Saint - to find him when he does not want to be found? :lol:

Zhang went ahead, so... start painting! :)
They didn't have any problems to poison most of the sect heads without being found out.

So I wouldn't dismiss it so fast.

Akkudakku

Arbiter

I think most of guys here are afraid of that.
Then again Murondi Yandi wasn't all that distressed about it, so He is probably taking a nap there.
Because all poisons work in matter of hours, right?
NOPE.
What about the poison Qilin used on Manxing for example? At first it just looked like a flu too.

Tribute

Arbiter
True.
Too bad it resulted in Cao'er not being first to break our mind virginity.
Yeah, we didn't really think that Cao'er would have preferred to fall to her probable death at that point (and Jing didn't have time to think of that IC either).

Little did we know it would lead to months of underground romance.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well Nie and co knew where Frathouse boys were.
It's unlikely that they know where the sword Saint is.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Well fuck. I don't want to put Cao'er in harm's way put I also don't like to abandon the Saint if he is in need.

Nevill

Arcane
(and Jing didn't have time to think of that IC either).
I wonder if Jing is as oblivious to the inter-personal relationships as the Codex is.

The last time 'does Qilin really want to get married to us?' almost make me giggle. Almost.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well Nie and co knew where Frathouse boys were.
It's unlikely that they know where the sword Saint is.
And yet the ZHANG girl found him and worked as his maid...

About a year ago?
Poisons don't usually take that long to affect target.

All I am saying that Murondi Yandi would be more distressed, if Sword Saint showed any poisoning marks. Furthermore You can't really poison a target, if you don't know where he is.
Then again perhaps he is poisoned and will die battling Zhang Jue.

Baltika9

Arcane
Look, getting Shangguan out here is very important, and Cao'er is the best person for that. What if he really is injured? Minyue could have plausibly inconvenienced him, the girl is a talented liar and knowing the connections her family has, it's not at all impossible that she brewed something up to keep the Sword Saint or of Wuxing's and get clan's way. 'Apprentice' my ass. Say what you want about the zhang clan, but those guys are on top of their game.

And if he is healthy, then with Cao'er's word, he won't have a single excuse to keep malingering. Master Zhang will make sure of that.

Nevill

Arcane
What if he really is injured? Minyue could have plausibly inconvenienced him, the girl is a talented liar and knowing the connections her family has, it's not at all impossible that she brewed something up to keep the Sword Saint or of Wuxing's and get clan's way.
Minyue wasn't in contact with Shangguan for a year now. That's what Yandi said.

That's some Shulgi-esque plans spanning years we are talking here.

And if he is healthy, then with Cao'er's word, he won't have a single excuse to keep malingering. Master Zhang will make sure of that.
That's... actually a good point. :)

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oh, I am not denying that getting sword Saint is important, but there is slight little matter know as Shu.

You know, the guy who rules the empire?

Cao' er is our best bet healing him from any damage and poisoning that he might receive and should Clan worse Zhang be there, they will try both.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Yeah, the zhang clan has been planning their rise a long time now. How many years it has been since Yu's clan was massacred?

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, the zhang clan has been planning their rise a long time now. How many years it has been since Yu's clan was massacred?
About 4 years, give or take.

Hmmm... were any of zhangs Fellows at the Luoying Manor?

You think the conference was planned since then? It is extremely plausible. Would not put anything past Lady Ji.

Though that raises the question of why exactly we are assembling the Ashina tribe as per her advice.

Rex Feral

Prophet
BBAA

I'll take Qilin and Cao er with us because I think that soon shit will hit the fan over there. Now the fighting part we got covered since we're so badass and there'll be there a lot of bros to help us out (like Gao Ying or Guo Fu) so Yifang and Yunzi/Armaiti can stay and help the beggars. What we lack is someone good on poisons (which we might need because Madame Nie) and a good healer in case something happens to Shun or some other bro. I hate to leave the Sword Saint all helpless, but with Zhang going over to him I think he'll be alright (I don't think Zhang will kill him if he finds him in a weakened state). Also I think the Sword Saint is trying to hide from public attention.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom