Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
That's low, Nevill.

Tribute

Arbiter
And then everyone will finally know why we invited Nie Wuxing.
Masters can detect poison, so he'd be fine and leave before shit literally hit the fan. Poop would be everywhere. Qilin (and Yunzi) would be furious we ruined their wedding. We'd be the laughing stock we tried to make Song's former husband to be into... Zhang would kill us out of pity/boredom.

I'd still vote for it. :M
We only make the people we hate shit themselves. It's part of the entertainment for the guests we don't hate.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Masters can detect poison, so he'd be fine and leave before shit literally hit the fan.
But he can't leave. He'll be one of the tables along with Su Cheng and Liu Ye.

Invitations from the Wudu Cult work in... different... ways.

Esquilax

Arcane
Nevill Baltika9

I am really conflicted about the Cao'er vote; on the one hand, sending her over to Master Shangguan might be a way to inform him that we need his help and that Zhang Minyue is using his techniques for nefarious purposes - even if he is not sick at all and just wants to avoid a fight with Master Zhang, this might be the motivation for him to get off his lazy fucking ass and come to the goddamn Conference.

On the other hand, this Conference is extremely dangerous and I would hate to abandon our adorably clingy stalker yet another time. Also, if someone gets seriously hurt to the point where they're near-death, we would have the best physician in China to tend to them - could be an incredible tool, and it would give me some piece of mind regarding Shun and Qilin's safety.

However, if he is sick, then perhaps Cao'er will help us most by tending to the Sword Saint. I wouldn't be surprised if Nie Wuxing's wife prepared something special for him.

On that note, I think I will flop to BBAA

Kipeci

Arcane
BABA

I can't find the page, but I want Qilin and Yifang to go, Yunzi and Cao'er to stay. We have to have our preferences.

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, Cao'er is one of the trickier points.

Still, if he is sick, how come he came here at all? It can't be something that Minyue did - no poison is that precise in timing, and I resent the possibility that the girl is a poisoner in the first place (call it a gut feeling, but it is inconsistent with what we've seen and heard of her).

And Yandi is not desperate for a medic. More like he is uncomfortable with Zhang who wrestled the location of his master out of him.

As I said, I do not believe it to be a real problem. Which it might very well be, but it is much more plausible that the Saint is just exercising his usual caution laziness when dealing with troublesome matters.

Esquilax

Arcane
Still, if he is sick, how come he came here at all? It can't be something that Minyue did - nop poison is that precise, and I resent the possibility that the girl is a poisoner in the first place (call it a gut feeling, but it is inconsistent with what we've seen and heard of her).

And Yandi is not desperate for a medic. More like he is uncomfortable with Zhang who wrestled the location of his master out of him.

As I said, I do not believe it to be a real problem. Which it might very well be, but it is much more plausible that the Saint is just exercising his usual caution when dealing with troublesome matters.

The Conference is a big deal - Lady Ji has the Xuanyuan Sword, of course the Sword Saint would come. If not to take it for himself, then definitely to keep it out of the hands of someone who has bad intentions. As for poisoning, the Sword Saint is the guy who figured this conspiracy out, and he is the one BRO orthodox sect guy with a pristine reputation. He may have no political power because he's a complete recluse, but if anyone in the Conference could turn people against the Doucebag Generation, it's him, no question. If I were Nie Wuxing and Lady Macbeth, I'd try to get him out of the picture too.

I have no proof here, but you gotta admit there is definitely a lot of motive to get him out of the way. An immensely powerful, well-respected pugilist with a great reputation who can speak out against Nie Wuxing is the biggest threat to him in the Conference. Way bigger than Xu Jing is.

Nevill

Arcane
The Conference is a big deal - Lady Ji has the Xuanyuan Sword, of course the Sword Saint would come.
Why is it a big deal, though?

It is big because it is a political matter, first and foremost - but the Saint is not interested in that. I suspected since the beginning that he will send his disciple instead. :)

It really looks like he wants to stay out of it and just looks for an excuse. He wanted to leave these matters in the hands of Yandi and Xu Jing two year ago, and I can't imagine he changed his stance.

Esquilax

Arcane
Why is it a big deal, though?

It is big because it is a political matter, first and foremost - but the Saint is not interested in that. I suspected since the beginning that he will send his disciple instead. :)

It really looks like he wants to stay out of it and just looks for an excuse. He wanted to leave these matters in the hands of Yandi and Xu Jing two year ago, and I can't imagine he changed his stance.

Despite his best efforts to not give a shit, the Saint could still be forced to involve himself in the politics that he's been trying to avoid. As long as the Doucebag Generation is in charge, I'm not sure if he can ever really retire. So really, he's gotta get off his lazy ass at some point is what I'm saying - there's nobody around that's better to speak out against Nie Wuxing and his cronies. Whether he likes it or not, he's deep in the shit. Maybe he can be convinced.

That being said, I am still on board with keeping Cao'er with us. But this is by far the trickiest choice. Qilin's a no-brainer and I think that the firepower that Yunzi+Armaiti bring to the table is better served by restoring the BRO of the Beggar Sect back in charge.

Nevill

Arcane
But did he ever speak out about anything? He was never a public figure, was he? Why is he living as a recluse otherwise?

Even Tianxie remembers him as 'that boy on the sidelines'.

He did not speak out when Wuxing claimed all the glory for defeating Ahura and crowned himself the leader of the pugilitic world. He just turned away and left.

I don't think he can be made a spokesperson for anyone's agenda. It is not how he lives his life. You can't force him to take responsibility for these matters just as you can't make Zhang Jue give a fuck about anything but fighting.

Tribute

Arbiter
And then everyone will finally know why we invited Nie Wuxing.
Masters can detect poison, so he'd be fine and leave before shit literally hit the fan.
I'm not sure if that's the case when the person doing the poisoning is the (future) head of the sect of professional poisoners. I'd think the Wudu Cult if anyone could do it subtly enough to be undetectable to anyone not as well-versed in poisons as they are.

How else did they manage to poison the Frathouse?

We just need to have Wudu Secret Recipe laxatives, which would be a fitting wedding gift for Man Tiger Pig.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can't tell whether Murong is lying about the Sword Saint being sick. He wouldn't have any reason to though. Murong knows his master is lazy and unsocial, and if it was just a matter of not wanting to appear, there's no need for Murong to make up an excuse. So either the Sword Saint is sick, or Murong is being lied to.

As for the hobo wars, Qi thinks he can manage without help. His opponent is unlikely to be bringing in outside support. Of course you can never be certain with these things.

Tribute

Arbiter
You can't tell whether Murong is lying about the Sword Saint being sick. He wouldn't have any reason to though. Murong knows his master is lazy and unsocial, and if it was just a matter of not wanting to appear, there's no need for Murong to make up an excuse. So either the Sword Saint is sick, or Murong is being lied to.
That sounds like reason enough to sent Cao'er to fix him up. We may need to make it up to her later, though.

As for the hobo wars, Qi thinks he can manage without help. His opponent is unlikely to be bringing in outside support. Of course you can never be certain with these things.
Well, we really want the Beggar Sect to be bros again, and Jing helps his bros.

Looks like I'm sticking with my existing vote.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
BBAA

Flopping to help hobo bros.
I still don't know sjould we take Cao'er with us. Something tells me that shit will go down in conference.

Baltika9

Arcane
I still don't know sjould we take Cao'er with us. Something tells me that shit will go down in conference.
I think we absolutely ought to send her to Shangguan:
Either possibility is bad, because if Shangguan is lying to his student then something bad is happening here; if he is sick, then that's no good either. We need him up and about so I think that 2A is pretty important here.

On a different note, I think that Liuwu and his rebels will be fine with either the Emei or Yunzi+Armaiti, but not both. For one, it would be overkill and two, I don't want to involve the Emei in too much shit right now when they are seen helping rebel Beggars and Fire Cultists out in a fight. That's the kind of thing that will give the Douchebag Council all the ammo they need to make them their puppets. So yeah, I think it's one or the other and that Yifang would be much more useful in the Conference than with the Beggars.
Also, having Yunzi and Armaiti there to bail Liuwu's ass out of trouble will be a great opportunity to bring him and his Confederate Rebels into our anti-Douchebag axis. A lot can be forgiven when someone saves your life.
Flop to BABA

treave, completely off-topic question: would our buddies Shun and Yu be able to 'edit" some documents in the registries to make LORD Zhang a legitimate distant relative of the zhang Clan and sign over the ownership of said clan to him after we deal with the rebels in it? Because that would be fucking hilarious.

Absinthe

Arcane
Beggar Chief is the kind of politicking person who might bring in outside help to ensure his victory.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
On a different note, I think that Liuwu and his rebels will be fine with either the Emei or Yunzi+Armaiti, but not both. For one, it would be overkill and two, I don't want to involve the Emei in too much shit right now when they are seen helping rebel Beggars and Fire Cultists out in a fight.
Hmmm... Hobos versus Firecrackers. It is almost like I have seen it somewhere...

As I walk out of my cardboard home, it goes up in flames behind me. There's my answer.

"Hobo Rider, you are a threat to society with your illegal vigilantism! I have finally tracked you down!"

"I am the B-ranked hero Firestar, here to burn the shiftless and the wicked with my flames of judgement! This message was brought to you by Fanucci Sausages." shouts the figure clad in red spandex standing before me, smoke rising from a barrel mounted on each of his wrists. Indeed, there is a large image of a sausage displayed rather strategically on Firestar's spandex.

"Come in quietly and I shall spare you a fiery punishment, Hobo Rider." declares Firestar loudly while making a heroic pose that thrusts his sausage out rather prominently.
It looks like if we skipped the conference, we would have got our Superhero LP.

We should have given away all the swords! :negative:

Tribute

Arbiter
Yes, as a young maniac of twenty he killed the Gentleman at the Huashan Summit and took the South title.

Let's all hope history doesn't repeat itself with another maniac killing the jianghu's most reputable gentleman at Huashan.
How many Summits ago was this again? And how often do they happen? Was it every 4 years?

Baltika9

Arcane
Mount Huehue Summits happen every twenty years, and our Master killed the previous Southern Prig at the last one.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey treave, if Yifang fails at persuading the nuns to assist outright, can she persuade them to keep a watch from the sidelines and only intervene if it turns out that the Beggar Chief brought allies?

Tribute

Arbiter
I was thinking Zhang Jue might take that while we end up with his old spot.

Here's hoping he doesn't gun for us first because he knows we're fun to fight.

When was the last time we got to fight side by side with our Master?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom