Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Never. Back-to-back fights apparently aren't his style. Though I'm still holding out hope.

Tribute

Arbiter
On that subject:

Though, rather than a test, it felt more like an assignment. Master Zhang had tasked you with creating your own training regimen: it would take as long as you liked. If you wished, he had said, you could stay here for five years until you felt ready to leave the island. However, the both of you knew that the world would move on without you, and that you had other commitments you had to keep.

In that way, it is a test: a test of how much time you are willing to give up to devote to training. For Master Zhang the answer would be simple – he would devote as much time as was necessary, regardless of how the world turned… but he is asking for your answer, not his.

“I would have expected you to demand that I reach the same answer as you, Master,” you said.

“You are not me,” he replied. “Your adventures out in the world have showed me that much.” He paused, before continuing. “I encountered Wang Zhengchong shortly before he fought the Fire Temple’s master.”

You grinned. “So that is why you are using this approach?”

Zhang only smiled sinisterly, looking down at you. “Come to your own conclusions about the path you must take.”
The Huashan Summit was at the three-year mark. Would Zhang Jue have sat it out if Jing had gone for the full five, or would they have taken a short vacation from training to go crash the Summit?

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopping back to BAAB, since sending both Yifang and Yunzi+Armaiti to Liuwu is way too much. Worse, it may backfire by implicating the loyalist Emei for fighting with both the Rebel Beggars and Fire Cult. We may also need them in case shit goes down at the Conference proper. Yunzi is on approximately Jing's level and Armaiti is our equal with awesome crowd control moves. We gotta keep one or the other with us, Yifang or Yunzi (fuck, if they could hide with turbans and fake mustaches in the middle of a Qingcheng wedding, they will be fine hiding here).

Esquilax

Arcane
Yes, I think that we should have Yifang with us, if only to protect the Emperor. I think that Yunzi+Armaiti should suffice for firepower if Qi Liuwu's Beggars are overwhelmed. Flopping to:

BBBA

a cut of domestic sheep prime

*sigh* I'm sure Yunzi will LOVE being left behind again. Honestly, how many times can you shoot yourself in the foot in one LP?

edit: bah

Baltika9

Arcane
At least we'll make Qilin feel special. She's the only waifu we're keeping with us, which ought to do wonders for her confidence. If she doesn't die and/or betray us out of jealousy, that is.
+M

Esquilax

Arcane
*sigh* I'm sure Yunzi will LOVE being left behind again. Honestly, how many times can you shoot yourself in the foot in one LP?

She joined us for the Shaolin Gauntlet and we sided with the Fire Cult for the waifu choice. She's had lots of attention, now Qilin needs some lovin'.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, the husband and wife with the Butterfly technique of Love are still out there. Just a reminder.

I don't know how well we would face them with Qilin.

Well, the husband and wife with the Butterfly technique of Love are still out there. Just a reminder.

I don't know how well we would face them with Qilin.

Invite them for a duel to the death
Ask for a last meal first, invite them too
Qillin is not a good cook, but I hear she has learned to make some helluva sauce. It is to die for. :troll:

Alternatively if we need someone who loves us we could always go for Cao'er. Jing loves Cao'er and Cao'er loves Jing. :love: Also, look at them stats:

Cao'er
(Stalker Physician)
- Primary Skills -
Unarmed - 5
Thrown Weapons - 10
Herbalism - 10
Pressure Points - 10
Neigong - 4
Qinggong - 5
- Learnt Techniques -
Reikan
Shouwang Claws Style One
Shouwang Claws Style Three
Liedu Zhanhua Skill
Ruanhong Zhusuo
Xiannu Bingtong Needle Art

Don't forget she has mega perception and immortal eyes.

She doesn't have any skills in SWORDS! but who needs SWORDS! when she hits everyone's pressure points from any distance with needles? Its like the Gao Ying horror show but prettier and less sneaky.
Getting near her is not exactly a nice idea, she got poison qi, Shouwang Claws and some stuff I don't know what is (what are the last three skills, again? I think one is wudu poison qi, what about the others?). Anyone that understimates her is going to get a Shouwang Claw in their pressure point.

Nevill

Arcane
Jing loves Cao'er and Cao'er loves Jing.
You wouldn't guess it from how he treats her.

Damn, if that's what being Number Two is like, I understand why Qilin fights tooth and nail for her position.

Getting near her is not exactly a nice idea, she got poison qi, Shouwang Claws and some stuff I don't know what is (what are the last three skills, again? I think one is wudu poison qi, what about the others?).
One is our Wudu silk technique. She no longer needs Qilin to tie us down when she goes for our ass.
The other lets her conjure needles out of thin air, Xueguizi-style.

Anyway, Cao'er won't be there, either. Only Qilin. Well, too bad for Shun when she eventually gets in trouble and we'll have to choose whom to save, I guess. :P

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, the last one's actually a Xueguizi close combat style that scales up to about two dozen needles. She can't make needles out of thin air yet.

You wouldn't guess it from how he treats her.

Damn, if that's what being Numbet Two is like, I understand why Qilin fights tooth and nail for her position.

One is our Wudu silk technique. She no longer needs Qilin to tie us down when she goes for our ass.
The other lets her conjure needles out of thin air, Xueguizi-style.

That's just how Cao'er likes it (besides the abandoning), that's why Yao pushed her towards Jing as soon as possible, better let her get all stalky for Jing than some psycho who doesn't know and love her.

So Cao'er got the silk and ice needles? That's pretty good, she got more defensive and offensive options. Also, ice needles mean she can't be disarmed even if she loses her needles.

Wonder if you can combine Poison Qi and the ice needles to essentially make poisoned ice needles out of thin air.

Nevill

Arcane
No, the last one's actually a Xueguizi close combat style that scales up to about two dozen needles.
But... uh... how do you fight with needles in close combat? Aren't they thrown weapons?

What does the style entail?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Stabbing people. A needle's hard to follow with your eyes and there's a lot of confusing feints in this technique. Usually the target ends up looking like a pincushion.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Stabbing people. A needle's hard to follow with your eyes and there's a lot of confusing feints in this technique. Usually the target ends up looking like a pincushion.

Does it then fall in unarmed or thrown weapon skills?
I know that this might sounds dump, but is it strictly close combat technique or are there some throwing styles mixed in?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Neither. There's stuff like whips, roars and other exotic techniques that don't fall into any category, this is one of them.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Ok guys, look.

If we send Cao'er to the saint it means we need heavy FIRE power if shit is to go down at the conference to protect Shun. This is our best bet at getting that royal pardon.
Qilin is good at the conference for politics and if someone tries to fuck us all up with poison.
We should send Yifang to help the Bro Beggars.

BAAB is the best way.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Got some stuff to do so I'll close and update in about 24 hours, perhaps later. Then we'll finally get to the island.

Baltika9

Arcane
By the way, guys, if Shun just so happens to crash the party and politely request agreat sword, we must be the first dude in line to give him one:
Zhang wouldn't be all that interested, and more liable to fight everyone in the room, but if Shun felt like throwing his weight around openly, he could just ask for Jing's sword (for courtesy's sake), walk in, introduce himself as the Emperor of All China and politely order their allegiance. They'd have no way to refuse a direct request like that from the Emperor, unless any of them are interested in declaring open rebellion against the throne.
This is exactly the type of service that can earn the Cult amnesty from the Empire.

Tribute

Arbiter
Akkudakku's point about making a statement about the Fire Temple is probably correct. I'm gonna flop to BAAB, awaiting further discuss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom