Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

skaraher

Cipher
C

It was the will of heaven all along to have the last Tang slain and the country plunged into chaos. B is out of the question because it would basically lead to the same results, courtesy of the power base we gathered during our travels.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually, no. Not 100% clear at all. He said that no magic equals getting fucked, not that the skill was not akin to magic or couldn't negate it.
Well, I am sorry to tell you this, but 'actual magic' is something reserved for deities and the like, not martial artists:
That'd be too much power creep. Deities and immortals can do actual magic. Real 'fuck offs' to physics beyond super strength and fire breath, like turning Jing into a little bunny rabbit with a snap of their fingers.

Sorry, bros, but killing Shun and letting heaven have their way just isn't enough for me.
Then I look forward to hearing from you when they finally do so in a rough and unnatural way. :lol:

Nevermind. Fight the Power(s), bro! The killer rabbit shall not be tamed! :salute:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

But our skill is qi-based. We already established that magic is something separate in this setting.
Hmm. Did not consider that. Of course there is always the possibility that Jing will learn to apply the same principal to magic somehow. C really is the ultimate yolo tiger vote. We have no idea what will happen.

So, I guess that C would be a straight bargain then if we can't use our ability? Isn't the better than plunging the country into war? Hmm.

Actually, no. Not 100% clear at all. He said that no magic equals getting fucked, not that the skill was not akin to magic or couldn't negate it.
Well, I am sorry to tell you this, but 'actual magic' is something reserved for deities and the like, not martial artists:
That'd be too much power creep. Deities and immortals can do actual magic. Real 'fuck offs' to physics beyond super strength and fire breath, like turning Jing into a little bunny rabbit with a snap of their fingers.

Sorry, bros, but killing Shun and letting heaven have their way just isn't enough for me.
Then I look forward to hearing from you when they finally do so in a rough and unnatural way. :lol:

Nevermind. Fight the Power(s), bro! The killer rabbit shall not be tamed! :salute:
Eh, well, that's interesting...if actual deities can do that, then why haven't they? Why all the plots and schemes and bs. Why possession? Why not just kill Jing and Shun and be done with it? Almost sounds like actual deities may not be behind this 100%.

Absinthe

Arcane
There are rules about celestial domains. The gods can't just directly dick around on earth, not unless they want to abandon their divinity. I think there was at least one chinese myth about immortals who tried it anyway and got punished massively.

If I had to guess, praying to the deity gives them authority to intervene with you, though. As for bargaining, well, we're in no position to bargain really. All the power will be in Nuwa's hands.

Nevill

Arcane
So, I guess that C would be a straight bargain then if we can't use our ability?
All right, so what do you have that they don't and can't take? What do you have to bargain with? :)

Eh, well, that's interesting...if actual deities can do that, then why haven't they?
Why do you think they didn't? The legends have to come from somewhere. Look at Chi You's story - there is magic aplenty.

Why wouldn't they do so now? Who knows? Maybe because they take a sadistic pleasure in destroying the realm of mortals by their own hands? Maybe because they are bound by rules? It is called a 'celestial bureacracy' for a reason.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey I just realized something about A. Treave, could we put Li Shimin back on the throne after we kill Shun? If we claim that Li Shimin was abducted by his son in a farce, we could still come out of this as a hero and avoid chaos by restoring the emperor to his throne.

So, I guess that C would be a straight bargain then if we can't use our ability?
All right, so what do you have that they don't and can't take? What do you have to bargain with? :)

Eh, well, that's interesting...if actual deities can do that, then why haven't they?
Why do you think they didn't? The legends have to come from somewhere. Look at Chi You's story - there is magic aplenty.

Why wouldn't they do so now? Who knows? Maybe because they take a sadistic pleasure in destroying the realm of mortals by their own hands?
Or maybe they can't. Or maybe they don't really want to. Maybe it's just their underlings and priests? Maybe we could entertain them in some other way? Or maybe a single god is getting too involved in human affairs and now we might have an opportunity to expose her.

The bottom line is that I don't know,but I DO know where A will lead and I also know where B will lead. The only choice I don't know what will happen in is C.

Hey I just realized something about A. Treave, could we put Li Shimin back on the throne after we kill Shun? If we claim that Li Shimin was abducted by his son in a farce, we could still come out of this as a hero and maintain order in the empire by restoring the emperor to his throne.
Yeah, I had wondered about that too. Would anyone believe it's him though? Or would all interested in the throne just call us a liar and ignore us?

Nevill

Arcane
The only choice I don't know what will happen in is C.
Yeah, that was the logic that made me vote to come get a closer look at dying zhang manxing while fighting Bai Jiutian. :salute:

That also was the reason Ean have succumbed to the call of Sphere Diplomacy.

The Codex is not a learning animal. :M

Lambchop19 said:
Yeah, I had wondered about that too. Would anyone believe it's him though? Or would all interested in the throne just call us a liar and ignore us?
He is not interested. He is happy where he is, being an old senile gardener for the God of War. Uh, the other God of War.

Such a 'ruler' placed on a throne would not make a slightest difference even if you could do that.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Lambchop19, they can't directly interfere.
“I thought interfering directly with mortal affairs was forbidden by a long-standing edict of Heaven,” says Shun loudly. This seems to give the veiled woman pause.

“Be a good girl now. Lingshu, catch.” Letting go of Song Lingshu’s hand, you pass Xuezi over. With one arm freed up, you throw a loop of silk around Lingshu’s Chixiao Sword. The red string wraps around the sword’s hilt tightly, forming a secure knot in an instant.

The veiled woman begins replying to Shun. “I see you know that much, at least. Unfortunately for you, foolish Emperor, there are exceptions. Let’s say, if they intrude into our domain…”

“You mean, this island…” Shun seems surprised.

And we still get another vote after picking A. This is not the final vote. A doesn't have to lead to that God of War ending.

Lambchop19, they can't directly interfere.
“I thought interfering directly with mortal affairs was forbidden by a long-standing edict of Heaven,” says Shun loudly. This seems to give the veiled woman pause.

“Be a good girl now. Lingshu, catch.” Letting go of Song Lingshu’s hand, you pass Xuezi over. With one arm freed up, you throw a loop of silk around Lingshu’s Chixiao Sword. The red string wraps around the sword’s hilt tightly, forming a secure knot in an instant.

The veiled woman begins replying to Shun. “I see you know that much, at least. Unfortunately for you, foolish Emperor, there are exceptions. Let’s say, if they intrude into our domain…”

“You mean, this island…” Shun seems surprised.

And we still get another vote after picking A. This is not the final vote. A doesn't have to lead to that God of War ending.
Why wouldn't it? We are still possessed. The Tang Dynasty is ended. Nothing significant has changed.

So, there are exceptions. But I would guess that Shun is not in their domain now, so wouldn't interfering with him via possession be illegal? Couldn't we use that against them?

Nevill

Arcane
So, there are exceptions. But I would guess that Shun is not in their domain now, so wouldn't interfering with him via possession be illegal?
The possession happened a while ago (we do not know how and where, and we also do not know where he got the Jiuyin manual).

And I don't think we know anything about celestial rules to become his lawyer.

Absinthe

Arcane
Because we'll still have options in A and they wouldn't be options if they didn't matter.

As for Shun getting possessed, we're in no position to lawyer Nuwa. We'd probably have to actually hold some position in the celestial bureaucracy first to do that.

So, there are exceptions. But I would guess that Shun is not in their domain now, so wouldn't interfering with him via possession be illegal?
The possession happened a while ago (we do not know how and where, and we also do not know where he got the Jiuyin manual).

And I don't think we know anything about celestial rules to become his lawyer.
We know what Shun said and those words were enough to give the immortal pause. The immortals know their laws better than we do. All we need to do is present Shun as the evidence. And if we kill him now or if he kills us and the demon leaves him, that evidence will be erased.
Don't you think that's just what they want?

Shun may have been possessed for some time. I think that's why he wanted to give us the power to stop him way back when he was crowned emperor. Either that or he knew that possession was a possibility. The sword also has something to do with this. He tried to give it to us, remember? Maybe that was more for his protection than our own. Maybe he was possessed when he used WQS against the immortal like we were when we used it against the demon.

All I know is that none of this adds up. The only ones with the answers are in heaven, so it's about time we started asking questions.

Edit: see my edit in bold.
Edit2: iOS spell check

Last edited by a moderator:

Absinthe

Arcane
Dude, Lambchop19, trying to argue the rules with Nuwa is not going to work. Odds are Shun's possession was considered indirect enough, odds are heaven has special authority to intervene with the office of the emperor anyway, and odds are even if we're right on all of the above Nuwa could still tell us to go fuck ourselves anyway because we have zero fucking authority in the celestial bureaucracy.

With Nuwa, no, but there are others who enforce the rules. That's why rules exist. That's why she hasn't just used her magic.

If heaven had that authority, then again, why the possession instead of just killing him? Again, the quote you pulled is accurate. They don't. Not even for the emperor, unless he is in their domain. That's why this song and dance is necessary in the first place.

Absinthe

Arcane
If she managed to possess Shun, then it was probably already within the rules for her to do so for whatever reason. Besides, the celestial bureaucracy already decided to get more hands-on in screwing over the current dynasty anyhow, so they'd probably look the other way on some rules-bending even if that happened.

Dude, we have no bargaining power against Nuwa with C. It's time you realized that. C means we throw ourselves at her mercy and ask her to be nice. Or we can try shit and get polymorphed. I know that's not what you want, but that's what you'll get with C. I understand you dislike the costs in A and B, but C is sphere diplomacy all over again.

Last edited:

If she managed to possess Shun, then it was probably already within the rules for her to do so. Besides, the celestial bureaucracy already decided to get more hands-on in screwing over the current dynasty anyhow.
Dude, you just quoted a post that said they couldn't directly intervene with the emperor without being punished unless he was in their domain and since he is no longer there, and there is still intervention, it is illegal. And before that you just told me that the gods had previously intervened successfully, but got punished for it. Therefore, it is possible that this intervention is illegal and will be punished. According to your own quotes no less. :argh:

Baltika9

Arcane
We're never going to meet Nuwa in the LP after this, since it will be over and done with (though coming back to play a Fire Cult Alchemist would be awesome). And nothing about the God of War implies that we will be 'building power to take the fight to HEAVANZ,' so I don't know where you're getting that from.

We're never going to meet Nuwa in the LP after this, since it will be over and done with (though coming back to play a Fire Cult Alchemist would be awesome). And nothing about the God of War implies that we will be 'building power to take the fight to HEAVANZ,' so I don't know where you're getting that from.
Treave said it could be possible that this would be the point we make that decision.

But it may not be necessary, if we just expose heaven now - and we won't be able to later.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Sphere diplomacy all over again because people think we have any leverage.

We have NO leverage.

Kill Shun => Declare war on Heavens for fucking around in earthly domain - this is the way to go.

Lambchop19 To who you want to expose the Heavens? No one will believe anyway and we have no POWERS to argue with celestials now. We need to gain power and then fuck them up. Revenge is best served cold.

Baltika9

Arcane
Right. After we win the Earthly war. You know, the one the Empire will declare on us. With our own friends from the Orthodox Sects to support them.

Absinthe

Arcane
Dude, you just quoted a post that said they couldn't directly intervene with the emperor without being punished unless he was in their domain and since he is no longer there, and there is still intervention, it is illegal.
Yes, but possession can still count as "indirect." Nuwa has a serious capacity for fucking with earth "indirectly."

A does not have to result in God of War, again. We still have options after picking A. Stop acting like A = God of War because if it did then there wouldn't be any fucking options and treave already confirmed that we will have more options if we vote A, so I'm going to make a wild guess and say that those options will matter for the epilogue.

Nevill

Arcane
Kill Shun => Declare war on Heavens for fucking around in earthly domain - this is the way to go.
Or it is Kill Shun => Have the love of your life murdered before your eyes => realization of the DEMONZic possession => exorcist ending.

Equally viable, I say. :M

Mostly because there is nothing pointing to either of them.

Right. After we win the Earthly war.
After we win ALL THE WARS.

The DEMONZ will keep us busy for a while. Got to prepare the powerbase for a heavenly crusade. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom