Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

asxetos

Augur
B > C.

Thanks for another amazing story treave :)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Then again, we still have 60 pages to go until we catch up with the Eternity thread.

As with all things, you can blame the decision to attack Zhang Manxing for making it so that we will never surpass the Project Eternity thread in length. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Funnily, my biggest and only regret in this LP was the shortcut we took that made us miss the Huashan Summit (and crying Huashan Twins, clinging to us to save their parents).

Then I've read how it was supposed to out-grimdark WH42K.

Now I have no regrets. :salute:

Nevill

Arcane
Actually... what was the worst outcome of Yao's trial (and all of the corresponding plots) that would make us go bonkers and start genociding sects left and right?

What should we have done for it to happen?

Did we miss our chance to get an early glimpse at the Summit?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh, that wouldn't really have happened, given that Zhang Manxing was going to crash the party sooner or later. Of course, you couldn't have known that.

Nevill

Arcane
Also, did you have an idea of how Jing could have get out of the situation he got into by PRAYing without resorting to divine intervention or accepting her terms?

Obviously, we didn't find one, but was there something you had in mind while offering the option, or was it just an outlet for unfulfilled Codexian dreams? :lol:

How would the plot have advanced if we PRAYed at any point of the story before the final confrontation? Say, during the Maniac Training? It was said that it didn't matter when we prayed, all that mattered is that we did - but I don't see the story continuing after that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I did not expect PRAY to get the votes it did, considering that I didn't actually deliver much of an emotional beatdown to warrant giving up on fixing things by your own hands so fast. Anyway, that C was a trick option. Only two choices means just that. Your free-form proposals would either be 'accepted', in which case after you swear loyalty Nuwa just does whatever she wants anyway and you wouldn't mind, or make her angry. Which brings you to D anyway. Truly, Master Gaider has taught me well. Unfortunately I am still not diverse enough to get an internship at Bioware.

Meeting Nuwa early - and it's always going to be Nuwa who answers because she's the one keeping an ear out for prayers - allows you to take a shortcut to the endings. Praying's a cheat code after all.

Nevill

Arcane
Sooo...

1) Are there any requirements for Immortals to possess men, or can they do it freely? Was the previous Emperor, Li Ming, possessed? What was it that he required of Yang Xue that made the general flee to the steppes, anyway?

2) Was the possession of Qilin's mom a 'part of the plan' as well? A plan that was set in motion before we were even born?

3) Come to think of it, Lady Ji said that she revealed our secrets to Qilin for a reason. But Qilin was not supposed to become the main heroine... or was she? Was that also the plan? What use did Lady Ji envision for Qilin if she didn't become our wife?

4) What was the mission the prefect in Xuzhou tried to hire people for? Who were the men attacking Xiahou Yu, and on whose orders? Who murdered his clan and for what purpose? Did zhangs do it for the blade? Why did they need this, did they have something specific - like a sword conference - in mind by then already?

5) To what degree zhangs were 'on board' with the heavenly plan? What was it that Bai tried to warn us about when she said they are more than they seem?

6) What was Bai Jiutian's agenda in all of this? To leave her shifu and shimu in the dust as she claims the sect? What was her relationship with Madam Nie? Did we manage to affect it in any way?

7) What was the opportunity to strengthen our alliance with Bai Jiutian that we missed at Taoying Island? Was it about her baby? The timeline does not quite fit for that one.

8) Did the option to go to sleep affect anything, or was it really a 'blank' option that was supposed to be chosen if none of the others were to our liking?

9) What was Madam Nie supposed to tell us about the plot if we didn't decide to steal her daughters away, first? :) What would have happened if we came there alone? Would she have an offer we would not be able to refuse for us?

10) Was she still possessed after all these years, or was she acting on her own accord by the end?

11) What were her part in the Youxia City debacle? Come to think of it, what exactly happened there? This is one plot I can't make sense of. What purpose did Gao Ying and Pang Xiaohu have there? Who stole the manual, who attacked the Imperial constables (and by what means)? We know zhangs did it, but why did they point us to Du Yao? Was it a part of the Jiuyin manual that Du Yao had? The one BJ took her sword technique from?

12) Who sealed Xuezi's power and how come Xueguizi negoing was made available to Fu Xia? Just for completition's sake, what happened to his sister?

13) Back to Madam Nie, did she make the poison that affected the masters at Heihu Valley herself? Who and how did administer the poison? Was the cliff crushed by the force of fighting, or was there a little bit of external 'help'? What role did Wuxing play in Madam Nie's machinations? How much was he aware of?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sooo...

1) Are there any requirements for Immortals to possess men, or can they do it freely? Was the previous Emperor, Li Ming, possessed? What was it that he required of Yang Xue that made the general flee to the steppes, anyway?

2) Was the possession of Qilin's mom a 'part of the plan' as well? A plan that was set in motion before we were even born?

3) Come to think of it, Lady Ji said that she revealed our secrets to Qilin 'for a reason'. But Qilin was not supposed to become the main heroine... or was she? Was that also a plan? What use did Lady Ji envision for Qilin if she didn't become our wife?

4) What was the mission the prefect in Xuzhou tried to hire people for? Who were the men attacking Xiahou Yu, and on whose orders? Who murdered his clan and for what purpose? Did zhangs do it for the blade? Why did they need this, did they have something specific - like a sword conference - in mind by then already?

5) To what degree zhangs were 'on board' with the heavenly plan? What was it that Bai tried to warn us about when she said they are more than they seem?

6) What was Bai Jiutian's agenda in all of this? To leave her shifu and shimu in the dust as she claims the sect? What was her relationship with Madam Nie? Did we manage to affect it in any way?

7) What was the opportunity to strengthen our alliance with Bai Jiutian that we missed at Taoying Island? Was it about her baby? The timeline does not quite fit for that one.

8) Did the option to go to sleep affect anything, or was it really a 'blank' option that was supposed to be chosen if none of the others were to our liking?

9) What was Madam Nie supposed to tell us about the plot if we didn't decide to steal her daughters away, first? :) What would have happened if we came there alone? Would she have an offer we would not be able to refuse for us?

10) Was he still possessed after all these years, or was she acting on her own accord by the end?

11) What were her hole in the Youxia City debacle? Come to think of it, what exactly happened there? This is one plot I can't make sense of. What purpose did Gao Ying and Pang Xiaohu have there? Who stole the manual, who attacked the Imperial constables (and by what means)?

12) Who sealed Xuezi's power and how come Xueguizi negoing was made available to Fu Xia? Just for completition's sake, what happened to his sister?

13) Back to Madam Nie, did she make the poison that affected the masters at Heihu Valley herself? Who and how did administer the poison? Was the cliff crushed by the force of fighting, or was there a little bit of external 'help'? What role did Wuxing play in Madam Nie's machinations? How much was he aware of?

They do it specifically under Heaven's orders, and whatever they do then does not count as direct intervention unless they actively use their powers. The only people possessed are three women. Lady Ji, the island immortal, and Madam Nie. They work separately through different means to destabilize the Empire. Yang Xue refused to carry out a false-flag attack that would have meant the death of innocents in Chang'an.

Yes and yes.

The aim was to bring the two of you closer together and set the ball rolling.

Investigating Lady Ji more thoroughly. This can be traced back to Li Ming. Xiahou Yu recognized one of the men as being related to the attack on his clan. Zhangs did it for the sword (more power can't hurt) and because the Xiahou clan were famed for being incorruptible officials that were a political obstacle.

Madam Nie led them to believe that the Zhang clan was destined to be the rulers of the next dynasty.

Climb to power and be recognized as a master in her own right. She was entirely dependent on Madam Nie for emotional support thanks to her background. Jing shook that up but didn't fill the void.

You get to find out what Nie is really after (the Jiuyin manual) before he gets it. You have the option of helping Bai acquire it for herself, since it would be difficult for her to steal it alone.

Sleeping made you more alert for next day's conference. It's healthy.

She'd have tried to convince you of what she was doing in her own way. There would have been no force involved. She would have been more reasonable.

Still possessed. And to add, she would have killed Qilin at Huashan while still under immortal influence and gone mad when she realized what she did, begging you to kill her. Or if another choice was chosen, the immortal jumps to Qilin, something it's been wanting to do, and Qilin realizes what happens and kills herself, then Madam Nie goes mad when her senses return. Chi Tianxie may or may not be involved.

Just a supplier. Gao Ying was investigating his own leads, ferreting out traitors to the Emperor, the usual... well, I only say that because I'm sure I had a better reason for him to be there, but I've forgotten it now. Pang Xiaohu rolled into town partly on a whim. Zhang clan fighters took the manual. They managed to cover up their tracks pretty well.

Madam Nie, under a disguise. The Xueguizi then allied with Huashan secretly and provided some of their techniques. Zhang clan actually inherited a corrupted, incomplete version of Wuxiang Qiankun that makes it easier for them to learn and teach techniques. Fu Xia's sister was saved by the constables.

Yes. That Huashan wine the Sword Saint talked about when sitting down for a drink. Cliff went down solely due to fighting. Nie knew about the poison, and so did Liu Ye and Su Cheng.

Nevill

Arcane
14) Did our truthfulness to Bai Jiutian about what happened on the island have any consequences besides affecting our relationship? Did she tell that to Madam Nie?

On the second thought, Madam Nie knew that anyway, being affected by an immortal and all.

15) Was there a way to free her from under Madam Nie's support, or were we never that close with her to noticeably affect her feelings?

16) Was there a way to convince her to keep the baby? :negative: It is, actually, the other biggest regret I have, but I do not know if it was really possible.

17) Did she step down in the end because she lost everyone she could rely on for support? No Madam Nie, no Twins, not even Xu Jing in sight to keep her motivated?

18) What was originally planned to be Xuezi's unconditional request for us, or was it just a matter of trust?

19) Was there a way to both keep Lingshu and save Qingfeng and Langhai? Would we even see them again if we chose to run away with the kids, or would they burn down with the fortress?

20) If the mad fighters broke away from their chains without us to stop them, what would have happened outside? A prelude to what happened later in Chang'an? Or would the orthodoxes be able to stop them?

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Nothing came of the demon's possession? Check the updates when Nuwa appears, when you decide not to trust her, and when she attacks you.

What? Wasn't that the Eternal Flame that bailed us out? I go confused a bit. So what did the Sword Demon do for us?

And who was he before we met him?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Wasn't that something we figured on our own? I mean it was pretty obvious.

still, not only is the thought of bending a knee to the goddess unpalatable to you, from the time you met her there has been a niggling whisper in your mind urging you not to trust Nuwa’s promises; that the moment you do so, your fate would be sealed

I finally found a line that might imply to him. Though this is the most meek and benevolent demon I have ever seen. Not once did he influence our actions and only when we were about to go in eternal slavery did he whisper in our mind to bail our ass. It could have been a little more evident though.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
14) Did our truthfulness to Bai Jiutian about what happened on the island have any consequences besides affecting our relationship? Did she tell that to Madam Nie?

15) Was there a way to free her from under Madam Nie's support, or were we never that close with her to noticeably affect her feelings?

16) Was there a way to convince her keep the baby? :negative: It is, actually, the other biggest regret I have, but I do not know if it was really possible.

17) Did she step down in the end because she lost everyone she could rely on for support? No Madam Nie, no Twins, not even Xu Jing in sight to keep her motivated?

18) What was originally planned to be Xuezi's unconditional request for us, or was it just a matter of trust?

19) Was there a way to both keep Lingshu and save Qingfeng and Langhai? Would we even see them again if we chose to run away with the kids, or would they burn down with the fortress?

20) If the mad fighters broke away from their chains without us to stop them, what would have happened outside? A prelude to what happened later in Chang'an? Or would the orthodoxes be able to stop them?

She didn't tell.

There was a way, but it didn't pan out because of spending time on DEMONZ.

Was never possible because you wouldn't find out until the deed was done.

Perhaps.

Allow her to use her powers one more time even at the cost of her own life, but that'd only happen at Huashan Summit.

No chance to save Qingfeng and Lanhai if you keep Lingshu. Qilin and Yunzi would bail with the kids.

Some of them would later run wild at the nearest city, Xiangyang. Increases citizenry distrust towards pugilists and gives Shun more reason to crackdown.

Nothing came of the demon's possession? Check the updates when Nuwa appears, when you decide not to trust her, and when she attacks you.

What? Wasn't that the Eternal Flame that bailed us out? I go confused a bit. So what did the Sword Demon do for us?

And who was he before we met him?

It did, but it wouldn't have activated so conveniently without the demon.

Clearly not that obvious since an option to trust Nuwa to make a deal in good faith almost won. :lol:

Not once did he influence our actions

That is the whole gist of it. You're not really supposed to notice it, not at first glance. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Said by a man who at first voted for C that would have screwed us over. :lol:

What reasons would we have to actively not trust her?

It did not do much for us in terms of crazy power stunts (not how it works, I assume - we were told we won't be seeing crazy upgrades from possession), but it is 'there'. And if we ever manage to return back, the God of War might still happen. :salute:

Actually, could it be that the girls didn't lose hope we were alive because we were with them the whole time? :troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Nah. The twist is that Nuwa is actually Cao'er.

I mean, after that much neglect I would totally have gone crazy and grow up a tail just to smother the bastard! :argh:

:negative:

Transcending the space-time continuum would be a child's play for her.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I had a few other Another Epilogue ideas after ruling out the Zhang Manxing endings. One where Jing appears naked on top of a skyscraper in a flash of light and ending it there. One that is similar, but in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. And one where he wakes up in ancient Sumeria.

Decided to use the more 'hopeful' version, however.

Nevill

Arcane
Who ordered Changfeng to impersonate Zhang Jue's disciple? For what purpose? Who would benefit from this? I assume the plot to KILL ALL TENTACLES PUGILISTS wasn't in effect by then.

How did we get the invitations? What was that mysterious committee that even the masters weren't aware of?

Why did Bai Jiutian challenge us to a duel after the tournament? Did Madam Nie told her to?

What hold did the eunuchs have over the pugilists? Was Mao Sanjiao a part of something bigger (he was their liaison, after all)? Come to think of it, was he a separate power from Wuxing, Ye and Cheng? Huashan was a bit of a rival to Qingcheng.

Did Mao came up with the idea for Song Jianke to call for Killer Physician in a bid to remove the sect head, or was it completely on Jianke?

Who organized Wufushan and for what purpose? We know there were orthodoxes and mercenaries involved, yet the masters didn't know (?) of this.

Who eliminated Wunan and for what purpose? Why did Chanfeng fell out with BDS? Why did she work with BDS in the first place?

Was it a coincidence that Changfeng was there after the massacre to save Xiahou You? What was she doing there?

Who had an interest in eliminating Minamoto and why? Did the prefect know anything about it?

Who was that Chief You and whas was his connection to the unBRO sects? Did they help him grab power in any way, or was it a completely internal matter for the beggars?

What would have happened to Mao if we did hold the Brown Wedding? Would the sect still follow him after such a disgrace? How would Lingshu react to this?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom