Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, if the tie persists, I'm sure no one will mind a "Lord Zhang Jue Gaiden II: XXXTREME Oni Wrestling."

Baltika9

Arcane
It was worth a try. You know how to build suspense, really pumped to see our Master in action. Looking forward to a "Lord Zhang vs Vahista" fight.

Absinthe

Arcane
As glorious as an update of Zhang Jue single-handedly causing - and winning - a civil war is, I'd like to get back to the topic of Gao Ying. I am going to go with A on the basis that we killed the Imperial agent we met at the mansion for knowing our identity, and this eunuch seems about ten times more dangerous. I don't know if he's Shun's guy or not, but I do know that we killed someone else for possibly less than that.

A
I fail to see the logic in your post. That agent was killed because he was deemed too dangerous as an enemy, so he died before that potential could realize. Right now, if we vote A we seem to guarantee Gao will consider us an enemy.

I'm flopping from B to A too.
A. :salute:

C is a non option as far as I'm concerned. And I'm not down with handing out free info about ourselves like that. I'd rather we not hurl insults on our way out, but since that's who we are...
You know, I think I've mentioned this before but if we vote A, he'll just treat us as an enemy now and find out who we are (and our loyalty) later anyway because he has our name and is going to investigate our connection to the palace. As I recall, nobody refuted that. So I don't see what voting A protects here.

I also recall mentioning that Gao Ying can take us down right now easy considering this smoke bomb doesn't do shit to him so getting on his bad side now can be a really bad idea. And I don't recall anyone refuting that point either - all I heard was "nah you're just being paranoid" bullshit that never tried to touch on the facts that the lethal palace agent is still alert, unaffected by the bomb and we still have 5 in agi and shit.

So really, where is this strange preference in voting A over B coming from? Do share.

Ganymede

Learned
Voting A

C is retarded.

B is a legitimate option, but something about the delivery puts me off. Seems too earnest from such a cold blooded guy, like he's trying to play to Jing's suspected loyalties rather than being honest. Of course he might just be a passionate guy despite his mutilation but my gut says no.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If Gao Ying finds our connection later anyway, then, by the same logic, if he is Shun's ally, he will stop pursuing us the moment he learns that. If he isn't, well, I am not handing him this info on a silver platter.

Right now Changfeng is important to him, and we do not know why. He doesn't know what we intend to do with her, what we will ask her about, and who do we inform about our findings. I prefer to keep it that way.

But since we will break our neck jumping out of the window due to our luck, this discussion is irrelevant anyhow.

You know, I think I've mentioned this before but if we vote A, he'll just treat us as an enemy now and find out who we are (and our loyalty) later anyway because he has our name and is going to investigate our connection to the palace. As I recall, nobody refuted that. So I don't see what voting A protects here.

What loyalty? Yeah, we used to be the Prince's guy, but we got booted out and now we're just an outrageous unorthodox fighter roaming the countryside. Wasn't that the whole point? Sure, the dude is smart enough to figure out there's more going on with us but that's no reason to straight up tell the guy that we're still active in the games of the state. It's too much to give up just to increase our chances of escape.

Nevill

Arcane
Stay strong.

Regardless of his allegiances, this eunuch is not a friend of ours.

I say, take the risk and don't flop.

Baltika9

Arcane
What loyalty? Yeah, we used to be the Prince's guy, but we got booted out and now we're just an outrageous unorthodox fighter roaming the countryside. Wasn't that the whole point? Sure, the dude is smart enough to figure out there's more going on with us but that's no reason to straight up tell the guy that we're still active in the games of the state. It's too much to give up just to increase our chances of escape.
It's a little more long-term than escaping, it's about not havingba ruthless bloodhound tracking us across the country because he thinks we're a security threat.
Everything else aside, he outright stated that he can't have a dude with perfect knowledge of the government apparatus but no ties to the government running around. He also stated, twice, that he's determining our allegiance today, here and now. We just got caught impersonating an officer by him, no way he's giving up just like that.

Will we ever become friends with the spy? Hell no, but we don't have to be mak8ng each others' lives more difficult and it's worth the risk to not have the secret police not part of our extensive list of problems as well.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
He also stated, twice, that he's determining our allegiance today, here and now.
And then - SUDDENLY - he offered an alliance at the last second before our escape, skipping this rather crucial step.

Sorry, not buying it.

"He is fearsome" is not an argument in favor of why we should reveal our secret. The agent that cracks before they even started applying pressure is worthless.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I am certain that Gao Ying is an enemy of Shun and I'm basing my vote and arguments on that.

If we vote A, he'll treat us as an enemy, but why would he give us his undivided attention and hunt us down? To him we are just lone but powerful fighter with knowledge of the court dealings. Not someone who is actively working against him and his masters. He will find out our connection to Shun, but it will be later, as you pointed out. And later is better in this case than sooner.

On the other hand, if we vote B, then we have already revealed our connection to Shun. And gained, what exactly? An enemy who will feed us misinformation, keep us under surveillance or even kill us on the spot?

I also recall mentioning that Gao Ying can take us down right now easy considering this smoke bomb doesn't do shit to him so getting on his bad side now can be a really bad idea. And I don't recall anyone refuting that point either - all I heard was "nah you're just being paranoid" bullshit that never tried to touch on the facts that the lethal palace agent is still alert, unaffected by the bomb and we still have 5 in agi and shit.

He has no reason (that we know of) to really want us dead if we vote A. All we know about their operation is that Changfeng is/was here and that they have illegal slaves, but that clearly wasn't big enough secret to kill since they let Yu our already.

Nevill

Arcane
Pffft. It seems that all that talk about integrity and cowardice of conditional voting was just that - talk, to be abandoned once it becomes inconvenient.
:rpgcodex:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Would that flop the tally?

No, it would bring us into a tie. :troll:

Baltika9 - B
Jester - B
Kipeci - B
ERYFKRAD - B
Anabanana - A
Tigranes - B
Nevill - A
Ifeex - B
Azira - C > B
Stygian Lurker - B
Grimgravy - A
asxetos - A
GreyViper - A
RealDDc - C
Lambchop19 - C > A
Kipeci - B > A
ScubaV - B > A
Absinthe - B > C
TOME - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
Esquilax - A
a bear named spigot - A
Ganymede - A

Current tally:

A - 10
B - 10
C - 3

Post-flop:

A - 11
B - 11
C - 1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom