Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Not looking forward to speaking with the Emei without the sword. Nope. I'd rather go see our bro. A
Yeah, I just thought how Miecao will react to our 'tardation. Fuck this, going with A.

RealDDc

Learned
36yo.jpg

Eh? Broken?

A sounds good to me.

Baltika9

Arcane
The important factor with our destination is also Yunzi and the handmaiden: Miecao knows of her and the Fire Cult, having been there, and the she may recognize her. Which is not good, Miecao is a stone-cold old gammer (ex-bandit and all), so that would be bad. On the other hand, Wang "Boner" Zhengchong is a chill dude that wouldn't really care one way or the other, and can help us with our neiggong, toad demon stuff and tell us something about the Fire Cult's tricks.

And it's about time we checked up on Guo Fu and Pu'er. If anyone can melt the Ice Prince, it's them.

asxetos

Augur
B.
We should get the sword thing out of the way asap or else you guys will never want to go to Emei again.
Also i cant wait for Yunzi and Cao'er to meet.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave can you give any slight hints about how B would have gone down?
It is quite obvious that B would have allowed us to walk away and end up in a better condition than A. The question I'd like to have answered is what consequences it would have had in the long run. I do not believe it was an absolutely superior choice.

So, we lost our medallion, Changfeng, Yu and our legendary sword.
I wouldn't worry about the medallion - soon we will have more of them than we could ever use. We might even start melting the silver and the gold ones for profit. The Yuchang sword is unfortunate, but we have a spare, and artifacts like these are rarely lost forever... we might be seeing it again. The real loss for me is that our party got separated, but since Yu does not want to be reunited yet, there is nothing that can be done about it.

You'll have to break the news to Miecao sooner or later, and you need Cao'er to get back into shape, so there is no point in avoiding the Emei. But I guess I'd like to see the Great Taoist and Guo Fu, too. I think I'll go with A for that one.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Cao'er will know who Yunzi is immediately. That 10 perception coupled with her special skill? No hiding it from her.
As to what she'll do with that knowledge noone knows. Except treave, and he's not like to spoil us.

Jester

Arbiter
So, we lost our medallion, Changfeng, Yu and our legendary sword.

Esquilax, now I know how you felt about Sphere Diplomacy. Thank fucking God we still have our Wodao.

A.
Thats what we got when people do stupid things, loosing my small boom stick.
:rage:
Probably wont get anymore of that without risking our ass in high level encounter, for some legendary drop or fighting some master level bro material NPC.

Whats more important we lost info from Changfeng cos i doubt that she will be able to talk with heavy life threating injuries.

Vote B

Baltika9

Arcane
I wouldn't worry about the medallion - soon we will have more of them than we could ever use. We might even start melting the silver and the gold ones for profit. The Yuchang sword is unfortunate, but we have a spare, and artifacts like these are rarely lost forever... we might be seeing it again. The real loss for me is that our party got separated, but since Yu does not want to be reunited yet, nothing can be done about it.
So you propose we embtace our inner maniac and go Full Lord Zhang on the Secret Police? Don't think you have it in you.

And don't try to downplay the Yuchang's loss: it was a legendary sword that allowed us to punch over our weight category and was perfectly suited to our fast, strong and deceptive style. We even had a special move developed for it. This was a fuck-up.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
So you propose we embtace our inner maniac and go Full Lord Zhang on the Secret Police? Don't think you have it in you.
Zhang-dono. And yes, fuck these guys. They've murdered Yu's clan, they condone slavery, and they are up to no good within the sects. They want a fight, they'll get it.

Baltika9 said:
And don't try to downplay the Yuchang's loss: it was a legendary sword that allowed us to punch over our weight category and was perfectly suited to our fast, strong and deceptive style. We even had a special move developed for it. This was a fuck-up.
Well, curve into a ball and lament your loss, then. I'll make do just fine with what I have left.

Last edited:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
So what? Us being unnecessarily mouthy and rude to someone who was explicitly written was dangerous actually hurt us for once? Who would have thought it?

:butthurt: aside, A.

B would be dangerous without the sword. Who knows if they would be willing to help us.

I am tired of wild goose chases, so I don't like C

Esquilax

Arcane
Zhang-dono. And yes, fuck these guys. They've murdered Yu's clan, they condone slavery, and they are up to no good within the sects. They want a fight, they'll get it.

C'mon man, Jing is no saint and he's the disciple of the most vicious motherfucker in the martial arts world. Zhang did single-handedly start a civil war, y'know? This moralizing is so fucking silly. The point here is that we fucked up (I probably let my paranoia blind me) and we only got our neigong back as a consolation prize.

Despite the situation, I think that we should still go to Emei. We aren't going to get the sword barring unforeseen future circumstances, so we may as well just make do with what we have. The Abbess isn't going to be happy that we lost the sword, but she is an understanding woman; I think that we can reason with her. I think that we really need to lose this tail first, and I don't like lingering in this area too long.

If we want the best chance of finding the Yuchang Sword, C is probably the way to go:

You scratch your head. “And the things you retrieved from the river?”

“The flow was rather rapid,” she shrugged. “Thankfully, I lost nothing important.”

On the other hand, you seem to have lost something rather important. The silver crest of the secret police was no longer with you, along with a few other items. So was the Yuchang Sword: this time it might actually be in a real fish’s gut. You groan and pray that Abbess Miecao will not enquire about it when you next visit Emei.
You travel south, following the river to Jingzhou. It is a big city; you should be able to blend into the crowd to throw off any pursuit. You also suspect you can find Xiahou Yu there – Jingzhou is most likely where he would head, together with Liu Chanfeng. He would not be able to get proper medical attention for her anywhere else. You still have questions to ask her: there is no way you are letting her off like this.

Admittedly, it's an incredible long shot to find the Yuchang Sword, but C would be the most likely to give us a chance. We lost it in the river, so the sword might have washed up near the city.

Nevertheless, we ought to go with B. We need to lose the tail, regroup, and get healthy. We can explain things to Abbess Miecao once we meet her; we at least have information on who the inside man within the Eight Sects is. Maybe she'll be grateful for digging up the info on Mao Sanjiao.

B

Nevill

Arcane
C'mon man, Jing is no saint and he's the disciple of the most vicious motherfucker in the martial arts world. Zhang did single-handedly start a civil war, y'know? This moralizing is so fucking silly.
What is fucking silly is that you attribute everything I say to moralizing.
I don't like Gestapo. I don't like slavers. I like Yu. Plain and simple.
And I don't like Zhang, too, for that matter. I have no idea what is it that you were trying to say about him.

Baltika9

Arcane
I dunno, Esquilax, with our neiggong back and then us starting to turn into a demon, I think visiting Boner is the better choice. And him and Guo won't really give a damn about the company we keep, the guy is chill as fuck.

Esquilax

Arcane
What is fucking silly is that you attribute everything I say to moralizing.
I don't like Gestapo. I don't like slavers. I like Yu. Plain and simple.
And I don't like Zhang, too, for that matter. I have no idea what is it that you were trying to say about him.

I'm trying to say that we keep bad company too. So if you're trying to say "Fuck those guys, they're slavers! We don't wanna be around them!" it's really preachy because our Master is the most brutal son-of-a-bitch around. Just like the Frathouse said, we all have blood on our hands, so this sort of moralizing isn't really that helpful. We could have been in a better position without pointlessly antagonizing Gao Ying due to our paranoia.

I dunno, Esquilax, with our neiggong back and then us starting to turn into a demon, I think visiting Boner is the better choice. And him and Guo won't really give a damn about the company we keep, the guy is chill as fuck.

Would you still be saying that if we had the Yuchang Sword in our possession, though? Not that this isn't a great argument in favour of trying to hit up Wudang Mountain, but I think a few people are turned off from B because they're worried about what Abbess Miecao's reaction will be. I mean, yeah, she'll be pissed off that we lost the sword that we stole from them, but we have a pretty good relationship with her.

Absinthe

Arcane
This or bust.

I've no inclination to continue with this kind of retardation. No more votes or discuss from me. I came to the Codex to escape the raging stupidity on other boards, and this thread hasn't been the right place to find intelligence. Damn shame.

Esquilax

Arcane
I've no inclination to continue with this kind of retardation. No more votes or discuss from me. I came to the Codex to escape the raging stupidity on other boards, and this thread hasn't been the right place to find intelligence. Damn shame.

Isn't this like your third goodbye speech so far? :lol:

Shit happens, sometimes mistakes and paranoia overwhelm good judgment.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm pretty damn pissed with how retarded some of the decisions have been since we left ZJ Island. Won't name names, no sir. But best way to counter that is with greater presence of more reasonable DISCUSS!.

I think in our weakened states C is asking for trouble, and at least, Yu with Changfeng makes it easier for us to find her again / track her down / etc. We managed to lose our sword and make dangerous enemies (Remember, BDS will be on our arse, too, not just Gao Yang, which is another thing the A voters apparently forgot) on top of our weakened state. We simply don't have the resources to turn the tables right here right now.

Absinthe

Arcane
Your first mistake. :lol:
Nah Codex is quite decent for it. In normal threads I can just shut down and ignore the retards, and there is enough good discourse to make threads worth reading and participating. These voting CYOA threads don't have that luxury, especially when retards start forming a voting block.

Isn't this like your third goodbye speech so far? :lol:.
And I mentioned I might be coming back those times. This time, I'm not. When I say something, I mean it.

Shit happens, sometimes mistakes and paranoia overwhelm good judgment.
And when good judgment is overwhelmed, good consideration of one's mental faculties is overturned. You had the info on a silver platter. No excuses.

Sorry, but I'm just tired of this shit.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Would you still be saying that if we had the Yuchang Sword in our possession, though? Not that this isn't a great argument in favour of trying to hit up Wudang Mountain, but I think a few people are turned off from B because they're worried about what Abbess Miecao's reaction will be. I mean, yeah, she'll be pissed off that we lost the sword that we stole from them, but we have a pretty good relationship with her.
Yes, I would still think that way. You gotta admit, the toad demon bonuses are extremely interesting but can also turn out extremely dangerous, especially now that we don't have those anti-demon talismans (check our inventory, all we have is the amulet of the Ashina and our wodao).

And again, the company we keep is extremely suspicious, Guo and Boner are the safest guys for us to be around.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well damn, it's shame to lose Yuchang sword and splitting from scholar bro. I am pretty torn between A and B. Visiting Enmei would let us heal quicker from our physical injuries, but Grand taoist might fix our demon toad turning since it seems to be tied to our neigong.

EDIT: A>B. I would like to recover from demon thing earliest as possible and Grand Taoist is our best bet. Failing that visiting one of best healers in china is not a bad idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom