Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    That is because we are not like the Son Of Heaven, Lord And Master Of All Things Under The Sun, Zhang Jue. We can never hope to surpass our divine Lord. For fuck's sake, we were too pussy to fight tigers face-to-face, we are a disgrace as a student!
    :rpgcodex:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    ^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, if we look at this particular tale from another angle, Jing's meddling has plunged Japan into civil strife and caused the deaths of tens of thousands, and the suffering of untold more. Bad luck? :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The Gods themselves are giving you a chance to prove yourself, and you waste it by lamenting how disgraceful you have been so far? Truly, you wish to remain that way and live a pitiful excuse of a life in some eunuch's shadow.
    :rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  4. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    They are Japanese, so it's okay. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We got some Zhang screentime, so it's all good. I just wish we could see him wrestle with that oni, I'm dying to find out exactly what level our Master is at.

^ Top  
  6. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Gawddamn.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I just want Jing to unlock that level 15 Neiggong.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    After Lord Zhang devours the oni's essence, our fifteen points will still be nothing.
    :lol:

^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    No, Baltika9 , Zhang Jue IS the oni.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Zhang Jue! :love:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    It would have made for an awesome game mechanics if those were only unlocked by satisfaction bonuses.
    Ah, perish the thought.

^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Why aren't we nose deep in dusty old books trying to find ogres to our harem?

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Because Jing is lame.

^ Top  
  14. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Don Treave Corleone wish to have a CYOA with you.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Yeeaaahh, the first thing I thought when I read that update was "we done fucked up, y'all". I knew we should've gone orthodox. :negative:

^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I'm sorry, but that vote was from before I began taking the blame. Also, I voted for orthodoxy. :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    The only thing we "fucked up" was sending the exiles to Zhang's island. And even then, I don't consider this a fuck-up: we secured allies for ourselves and if this is indeed what is going on in Japan right now (and not treave just playing with our emotions), then we also secured the allegiance of an entire nation in the long run (short-term, I don't think Japan will be able to do anything about anyone for a while :lol: ).

As far as going unorthodox, nope, not a single regret (okay, maybe missing out on the Drunken Fist). This path is much more suited to the Tiger Adjutant than any other, I honestly have difficulty imagining him in the stuffy Shaolin and Huehueshan sects, maybe the Beggars or the Wuang. Besides which, I also absolutely love our teachers and the people we met and befriended so far. Say whatever you like about guys like Lord Zhang and Master Yao, but they're keeping it real and don't play petty politics and aren't hypocrites. As much as I love the Frathouse Bros (And Miecao), they are doing the "play along to get along" while everything goes to shit under them and are too lazy/apathetic to do anything about it. I much rather prefer the energetic and spirited bunch we hang out with.

And I would retch if Jing became another BJ.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    ^ Top  
  18. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    You say that like it's a bad thing. This isn't a real codex CYOA unless we mistakenly caused a genocide or two... :M

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  19. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    As glorious as an update of Zhang Jue single-handedly causing - and winning - a civil war is, I'd like to get back to the topic of Gao Ying. I am going to go with A on the basis that we killed the Imperial agent we met at the mansion for knowing our identity, and this eunuch seems about ten times more dangerous. I don't know if he's Shun's guy or not, but I do know that we killed someone else for possibly less than that.

A

^ Top  
  20. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Back to the business with Jing.

Guys, did we kill an imperial agent just for the evulz a few updates ago?

Because we are now going to introduce ourselves to another imperial agent that is extremely dangerous - far more than the previous one - on a hunch that maybe he is our ally.

Edit: Huh. :| Simultaneous posting.

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, it was never mentioned, but did Jing pass along that message to the prince about the Minamoto?

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    The circumstances were different, we were eliminating a potential threat in total secrecy. Got it.
    This is different, if Gao is an enemy of us and the Shun, both A and B make him an enemy. If he is indeed Shun's agent, though, A makes him an enemy anyway while B at least gets him off our case.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Anyone got a tally?

^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Does anyone seriously believe that Gao is Shun's agent? He might be double agent but that he is serving Shun and Shun alone?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)