Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On that note, is there not an option to conclude the LP on this bad end and move on to another CYOA? C&C ftw, down with savescumming!

Added an option for that.

D C>F

Revote because I kind of think it is unfair to punish other players over my stupid idea. Looking back it looks like what made E win was not any actual merit to the idea but simply that it looked like the opposite of B and so drew all the opponents of the assassination option. Should have gone for the more boring C instead.

Anabanana

Augur
I'm voting E. Bai Jiutian! Let's give the Codex a chance to fuck HIM over too! I really really want to see how he deals with the aftermath of this, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I suppose I might flop to A if this option doesn't get enough support, but I fear that might bring another 100-page discussion on which sign-background combination to go for... *shudder*

Fangshi

Arcane
Well I do feel compelled to at least vote for my own idea (and it would be a brilliant con to pull off...) though a revote does open up a wider range of slightly less insane dramatic options so:

DG>DC>DF>DD

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Xu Jing's ghost possesses Bai Jiutian!?

What could happen when our suave, clean-cut and shining hero in white suddenly gains an extra passenger in his head? Can he stand the endless mockery and back-seat comments from the shade of the departed Man Tiger Pig?

edit: Even for those who aren't voting to reload, you might want to get in an optional vote for the revote itself.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A. Reroll a character and start from the beginning of the LP... :negative:

Just out of curiosity, does it include adjutant with tiger sign even if we just killed one?

I must ponder this

Yes.

I'm not sure why you'd want the same stats again, but yes.

I'll also reroll the whole damn plot and characters while I'm at it so you guys get a familiar setting but very little advantage with meta-knowledge. :troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave said:
I'll also reroll the whole damn plot while I'm at it so you guys get a familiar setting but very little advantage with meta-knowledge.
We have absolutely no idea about what the current one was about.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, at least you know who is bad and who is good and who you can trust.

Kinda.

Anabanana

Augur
Oh, treave, you spoil us way too much. :love:

Xu Jing's ghost possesses Bai Jiutian!?

What could happen when our suave, clean-cut and shining hero in white suddenly gains an extra passenger in his head? Can he stand the endless mockery and back-seat comments from the shade of the departed Man Tiger Pig?

Glorious. I will devastated if this doesn't win.

But if the revote wins I suppose I will have to settle for DG aka Operation Snag Miss Du's Panties

Kipeci

Arcane
I actually really want to continue, but there are enough folks around voting against the assassination that I fear it would go for something stupid again. It's a shame, we were so close to being over with these sidequests and getting back to the main thing... I blame myself for flopping from Emei to Wudang.

When do you think you'll close the voting, treave?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll close voting once I get enough votes, I suppose. I might wait till there are 15 or more.

Nevill

Arcane
If it lets us continue, I'll vote for assassinating the Emperor himself, let alone some police chief.

Esquilax

Arcane
Wow, I really fucked this one up! :lol: In my own defense, I felt like this situation really trapped us and limited our options because we accepted this mission and I had no idea how to get out of it. I didn't see C as getting us anything by tomorrow, I thought of D as being flip-flop insanity, and option B had the most votes, but I didn't see a solo mission working. The best alternative was Fangshi's "10,000 Dread Ghosts" idea, and even that's going to be tough going for the reasons that treave described. I would have loved to re-roll as Guo Fu (I voted Farmer originally) but sadly he died horribly along with us. I suppose A III is the best we were gonna get.

I woudn't mind re-rolling an all new character, but there is no way I want to go through another character creation process unless we absolutely have to.

D AIII > DB > DC

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Running tally:

Nevill - D B
asxetos - D C
Zero Credibility - D C>F
Anabanana - E(Bai Jiutian) G
Fangshi - D G>C>F>D
Azira - A C
ERYFKRAD - D C>F
Esquilax - D AIII>B>C
LWC1996 - D F>G>B
Elfberserker - A>D AIII
Baltika9 - D B
Kipeci - D B
Smashing Axe - E(Yunzi)>D>C AIII>B
GreyViper - D B

Current tally:

A - 2
D - 10
E - 2

Revote:

AIII - 3
B - 4
C - 4
G - 2
F - 1

Last edited:

LWC1996

Learned
Going for D : F>G. No more trying to wade in to subjugate a fucking city of brigands, thieves, etc. No more planning to turn the tables on Du Yao by cheating on him or running out on him. It wud be suicide and crazy to try and cheat him by pretending to accept his mission.

Kipeci

Arcane
Why are we opting to piss of him and the whole city for the sake of a secret service that hates us, again?

Nevill

Arcane
Because we like stuffing people in sacks, that's why.

But true, I'll have to put an additional B to my vote.

Esquilax

Arcane
Guys, DC just isn't going to work. We aren't going to find something between now and tomorrow night, it just isn't going to happen. Regrettably, we have to see it through to the end. On that note, our choices are either to perform the hit on our own (which is far more risky for us in our injured state) or to do it by manipulating Bai Jiutian - whose own personal vanity and arrogance will likely mean that he won't be able to stop himself from talking about how he stopped those foul bandits from Youxia City.

Guo Fu's huge body and frame is way too easy to recognize, plus involving him in something this dangerous when he's got a pregnant wife is just way too low. That's close to Dio-level sociopathy right there. As for the Wu bros, I suppose they could help, and they don't have an ego about them, so are they an option?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom