Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
We can't go with DC. The chances of finding a major breakthrough on the sword by tomorrow are slim-to-none. We came here in order to get the manual and form a closer relationship with the Wudang sect. C will leave us without the manual, set us back with the Wudang (we couldn't do what we said we would) and set us back with the seedy underworld that we're on the verge of breaking into. The Imperial Court wants us dead regardless of whether we go through this mission or not, so I think the expression "in for a penny, in for a pound" applies here. We gotta do it, the only question is: how?

I'd say that we really need BJ here. Yes, the increased risk of the whole affair being discovered will increase with having that vain showboater around, but doing the assassination solo is a moot point if we die in the attempt on the chief's life. #1 priority is to get it done (difficult in our current injured circumstances), getting it done clean is icing on the cake. I understand that this will put the Imperial Court on our ass for the rest of our days, but they want us dead anyways, and to make up for that, we'll get a huge rep boost with the Bandit Kingdom, Youxia City, and a significant one with the Wudang sect as well. This is a more than worthy tradeoff in my opinion, considering the Imperial Court wants to kill us regardless - the only difference will be that they will simply try harder.

But that's where our new friends come in.

I believe that our stealth should take care of (b), should we complete the mission and make a run for it. We know how to hide in the shadows and how to lose pursuit in a city. Though that would require us going in alone.

As for getting it done, I am not sure if we need to go through all of the bodyguards to reach our target, or if we can just make a dash for it. If he was an awerage fighter (which I doubt, for some reason), it could work.

To maximize our chances of success, we might want to use poison. The deadlier, the better, though a paralyzing kind would also help. Du Yao has to have access to that stuff, though he might refuse us on a basis that its use would implicate him somehow.

We've got a Stealth 5 with our qinggong, which is decent but not particularly amazing. If we had Kagemi, perhaps, but these agents are probably alert and have sharp eyes. Though of course, the mission is at night, so at least we've got that going for us. As for the poisons, we could probably cook up something of our own since we have Herbalism 5. We have the recipe for Three Poisons Powder, but I'm sure these guys are versed in poisons, so they might sniff it out. It won't be easy.

Using Bai Jiutian... I am still unsure about that. Scruples aside, if the police gets to him (and it will, invariably), will it not put the Wudang crew in danger simply because they were traveling with the two primary suspects at the time of the crime? The police really could not care less if they were actually guilty of anything or not.

Nah, I don't think so. If that were the case, then even going solo would put them in danger due to association. Yeah, the Imperial Court will put the screws on them, but they won't go after the orthodox sects so lightly, I don't think. First, the government seems reluctant to trifle with them in the first place (they keep the rural areas safe) and secondly, they aren't going to kill a bunch of guys uninvolved in the actual assassination attempt. That's the whole point of doing it ourselves or not involving the Wudang sect members in the whole affair.

RealDDc

Learned
:dead: gg

Reloading is stupid.

Jing's chaotic and demonical possessed soul manifests Bai's brain and partially manipulates it trying to take controls over his mind? Sounds like a acceptable sideway to continue the story without reload. That's going to be pretty cool actually.

That is going to be my vote ^
could not find the appropriate letter and number combination, but was a mentioned somewhere.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Esquilax said:
If we had Kagemi, perhaps, but these agents are probably alert and have sharp eyes.
They are bodyguards, FFS.
I am tired of this 'if we had Kagemi, sure, but otherwise our skill is at -1'. You can't sneak on Gao Ying, maybe, but you can lose yourself in a city, and that's enough.

Esquilax said:
Yeah, the Imperial Court will put the screws on them, but they won't go after the orthodox sects so lightly, I don't think.
It would be another story altogether if an orthodox disciple was involved in the murder of the government official and the fucking chief of the secret police. They can't ignore that, and chances are, they will go further than usual to crack this case.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Wow, when I left the discuss, I was pretty sure you guys would get Jing killed with your crazy votes & just waiting for the LP to finish with dead MC, but I admit I was pretty damn amazed at how fast it happened - those votes were hilarious. Seriously.

Hey treave, is there any chance we could choose to continue from the B vote instead of having Gao Ying needle us? I'm more interested in seeing what would happen if we were okay and could actually continue traveling with Chanfeng for a while. Anyone else behind this idea?

Otherwise, voting E (Yunzi > Gao Ying > Bai Jiutian?!) > A (Reroll -> Drabbit?).

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
The fuck did I just witness?

I leave for one fucking week and Jing is already dead ? FUUUUU

No fucking way, we reload.

I'm for any choice in reloading that has the lead.

which appears to be DB or DAIII.

DC sounds just stupid. I mean do we really expect to double cross someone as powerful ?

If it were up to me I'd go full Band of Brothers (Although Bai Jiutan is probably Theseus) and go DA I,II and III, take everyone out to help.

That however has chances to fail horribly so I'll drop it here.

DA I sounds like the one with the best chance of succes. Guo Fu is our friend and we can trust him and him alone.

Finally I'd go
DB>DAIII

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Running tally:

Nevill - D B
asxetos - D C
Zero Credibility - D C>F
Anabanana - E(Bai Jiutian) G
Fangshi - D G>C>F>D
Azira - A C
ERYFKRAD - D C>F
Esquilax - D AIII>B>C
LWC1996 - D F>G>B
Elfberserker - A>D AIII
Baltika9 - D B
Kipeci - D B
Smashing Axe - E(Yunzi)>D>C AIII>B
GreyViper - D B
TOME - D C
RealDDc - E(Bai Jiutian)
The Brazilian Slaughter - D B>AIII
Absinthe - E(Yunzi>Gao Ying>Bai Jiutian) > A
Rex Feral - D B>AIII
ScubaV - D AIII>B
kazgar - D AIII>B

Tally:

A - 2
D - 15
E - 2

Revote:

AIII - 5
B - 6
C - 5
G - 2
F - 1

Post-flop:

AIII - 1
B - 11
C - 6
G - 1

Hey treave, is there any chance we could choose to continue from the B vote instead of having Gao Ying needle us? I'm more interested in seeing what would happen if we were okay and could actually continue traveling with Chanfeng for a while. Anyone else behind this idea?

I'm not ruling it out entirely, but it'd have to be a pretty solid, united decision by the voters for me to roll the update back that far. I'll leave this option open so it can gather support from those who like it, but in the meantime I'll move on with the D-B update.

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
Yeah, I'm late, but wow Codex. You didn't even go for the half-retard option of kidnapping, you had to go full retard in trying to antagonize a whole fucking bandit city! This is probably second only to sphere diplomacy for sheer :retarded:.
Normally, I'd be okaying with living with the consequences (I did vote in favor of rift-jumping which led to sphere diplomacy, although I voted against that), but considering this was decided by derpy last-minute floppers and late voters without a chance for voices of reason to prevail, I cannot abide letting Jing die so shamefully.

DAIII > DB

kazgar

Arcane
DAIII > DB

Starting again or jumping to another character/world would also undo all the amazing work treave has put into this cyoa, pretty sure these don't spring full formed from his brow. May want to hang on to the character until a slightly more fulfilling conclusion (or he may be jack of it and want to start again, but only he knows that)

MystiKnight

Educated
Whelp, we're going at it alone. Hopefully we get some choices so that we avoid getting ourselves killed again.

Oh wait, what am I saying? We'd probably just choose to get ourselves killed. Again.

Fangshi

Arcane
treave said:
but in the meantime I'll move on with the D-B update

Hmm, so what are Jing's options to assassinate this guy exactly? I mean the first thing that springs to my mind is the following:
OKsMnum.png

7i5Jarq.png

Fangshi

Arcane
:lol:

Well if we keep trying eventually we will pick an option that does not immediately kill Jing right?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Your neigong can't do anything against a net. At least, you didn't learn how to use it that way.

Baltika9

Arcane
Or we could have blasted the flooring apart and cause enough of a delay to hightail it away from Gao, or knock him down at least. Nevermind, I fucked up and it was better to pucker up and accept the price of taking BJ with us to succeed at this mission. Question is, what happens now?

Baltika9

Arcane
To be fair, if a Yuanshi Hundun level five blast was enough to send three masters flying in the air when they were channeling their neiggong in counter at us, then wood and supports should be absolutely no problem for it. Leave us fucked up? Definitely, but also alive.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm sure you understand the concept of opening up wounds that have not fully recovered, leaving you immobile and vomiting blood on the floor, and how that would be just as bad for your chances of escape.

That blast was big because of the added qi from the other three masters. They got hit with a rebound too.

Besides, who said you were dead?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I see, I thought that trick was all us. What happens now? I cannot stand the suspense.

Kipeci

Arcane
Well... time to start over, I guess. Can I get anyone for Dog Doctor or Ox Farmer? Or Rabbit/Monkey Rogue. Any of those, really.

also Goat Scholar

kazgar

Arcane
I assume we're just captured, it's been a long chapter.

The fact its a net and a thump being more of a blunt instrument to render us unconscious.

We're of use/interest to many, and maybe we're going back into the courts sphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom