Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
That's very well, but I do hope that you're coming up with some sort of master plan to keep us from coming right back to this spot when Zhang Jue makes like a Syrian rebel with our heart. I would prefer to restart from AIII as an option that won't get us killed, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

I have it all figured out, don't worry. Here is my three step plan:

Step 1: Sob hysterically as we realize the inevitable and terrible arrival of Zhang Jue. That Southern Maniac is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Glorious victory over Zhang Jue, Jing becomes the new Southern Great. BJ acknowledges that we are the better man and Yunzi becomes a good, submissive wife instead of being so mouthy all the time.

Unless we screwed Du Yao for the benefit of the entire City.

Du Yao is the city, though. Without him, there is no law here. Hell, he's the reason that this place has become so profitable. Really, without Du Yao and the underworld element, this city has no economy and everybody is screwed.

Absinthe

Arcane
The way treave put it makes me think that Jing is alive, but in a shitty situation. And so long as we're living, it's only fair to keep on trucking and dealing with all our mistakes, turning them into victories. Failure teaches success and all. If we legitimately died and the somehow came back from the dead, and if that is the case then I wouldn't trade it for anything. Coming back from the dead is freaking awesome.
Jing just ate a crossbow bolt in the thigh, got caught by a barbed net, and was bashed out cold. And now he's going to get dragged out back. I wouldn't call this a
:necro:

If he did come back from the dead, that would be interesting, but it seems to me that he just got himself caught in an extremely shitty position.

Unless treave makes BJ a girl with Jing in her head, in which case I'm immediately flopping to that.
Man, treave could just switch the LP into that and nobody would complain. :lol:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Step 3: Glorious victory over Zhang Jue, Jing becomes the new Southern Great. BJ acknowledges that we are the better man and Yunzi becomes a good, submissive wife instead of being so mouthy all the time.
Get rid of the 'submissive' part and you've got yourself a deal.

Elfberserker

Liturgist

No Cao'er or Yifang!? Heresy! I can't in good consequence accept this until you put the sisters in that package good sir.

Absinthe

Arcane
No Yunzi either. Girl's not going to be happy when we don't show up for the challenge.

What really screwed us was thinking we could outsmart the bandit mayor of bandit town. :rpgcodex:
It really wouldn't have. :salute:
Would either of you guys be up for reloading to BDS and continuing the main quest like we'd intended (but never accomplished)? Or do you guys want to go with this reload and the assassination instead?

Yeah, put me down for whatever option takes us back to before this whole mess and closer to the main path.

Absinthe

Arcane
So in one choice we lose out on 3 women - Cao'er, Yunzi, and the new brat. Nice job, guys. In b4 :deathofaharem: :(
Well, that's where it's at now. Do you want to cast your vote for reloading to BDS or reloading with this assassination (and getting dragged out back) instead?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
No Cao'er or Yifang!? Heresy! I can't in good consequence accept this until you put Nie sisters in that package good sir.
Fixed.

Though a BJ is good, too.

Y-you want to get our balls cut off by Cao'er or Yifang!? Jing is their only excitment since they are both with those boring nuns. Nothing is more terrifying than woman's wrath Sir.

Absinthe

Arcane
well this sucks
Shall I take that as a vote for reloading to BDS? For all the talk about sticking with your consequences and not having do-overs, it's really going to be a reload either way. Just a question of whether you prefer BDS - back to main quest - or Assassin - lets get dragged out back and have a timeskip.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
The mistake was never agreeing to do this job, that was the absolutely correct call, the mistake was to do it alone in our condition.

Yes, that was a mistake. But another mistake was to try and do the assassination. We should have accepted our losses and admit failure (or kidnap the daughter) on this quest and move on.

Baltika9

Arcane
Moving on was a bad option that put us in a horrible position. No reason to admit defeat if you can win. But we're arguing over spilt milk so fuck it.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
How would it have been more horrible than the current situation? Those few Wudang points aren't worth imprisonment. I'm just saying that maybe we should learn how to fold instead of going all-in.

Absinthe

Arcane
I am against a roll-back. treave as already given us a huge boon after we fucked up, so I feel dirty using it even more to our advantage.

I have bitched about poor choices before and wished that we had second chances, but I think we should learn from this and be more careful.
I don't think this is against the spirit of the LP. Tea time with Zeus is an example of second chances. And it's really a vote for a reload either way. Jing just died. Either you vote that we reload and go with the BDS plot back to the main quest or you vote that we take this reload to assassinate and have a timeskip, etc. instead. We'll be learning from this either way, so I say you should just vote for whichever outcome you prefer.

Absinthe

Arcane
Moving on was a bad option that put us in a horrible position. No reason to admit defeat if you can win. But we're arguing over spilt milk so fuck it.
The main spilt milk is the character death. This is just a choice between which do-over we'd prefer: Into the dungeons or out of the BDS.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
How would it have been more horrible than the current situation? Those few Wudang points aren't worth imprisonment. I'm just saying that maybe we should learn how to fold instead of going all-in.
Jing doesn't fold, though, if he commits to something then he sees it through to the end. And we did assassinate the chief, so mission accomplished. For us, it's more about risk assessment and not being afraid to ask for help, which is the chief reason we got into this shit: we were too cocky and afraid to trust BJ (speaking for those who voted to solo the mission). And really, things were going exactly to plan: on the fast track to getting our shit done through unorthodox channels. But hey, this is high-risk-high-reward for you. One fuckup and you're done.

An analytical type like Gao or Cao'er, or Quilin would be a different story. Not Jing though. And he's alive, I think it's our Master who will pull our ass out of the fire, he did say he would check up on us after the his EXXXTREME roadtrip.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
He will come check, but we failed two of his conditions for not dying: Trumping the Eight Sects and Keeping the Yuchang Sword. This is not going to turn out well.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think the fact that we won the Young Tigers, defeated a hundred men and offed the chief of police while half-crippled will earn us some modicum of lenience. That is, if we wake up after the one year mark. If not, then we'll still have some time to make it.

Absinthe

Arcane
True. Zhang Jue's lenience is still a scary thing though. This is the guy who was casually going to rip off Jing's arm.

Anyway, you sure you wouldn't rather just escape the BDS?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Chief of police who was nothing more than an average pugilist? It won't go towards leniency unless he is amused.

Baltika9

Arcane
Honestly, rewinding when we're still alive just makes me feel like a babyback bitch. Dodging consequences has never been the way of our LPs, and all of our heroes were shaped by their mistakes, coming back better than ever.

Absinthe

Arcane
I wouldn't call this dodging consequences so much as it is choosing consequences - it's a reload either way, but to each their own.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I want to reload before this whole mess and go with Yunzi and company.

Unless we can possess a female Bai AND swap to other characters at will - provided they are in touch range of our host AND we've had interactions with them in our lifetime, they temporarily gain our power and we can slowly take over their mind and body. Possession perverted kung fu game!!!

That IS what we're voting on right bros? Actually can someone tell me what we're voting on cause I don't want to wade through this mess...

Esquilax

Arcane
If we do go for the reload, I am expecting a hefty dose of troll-treave where things actually end up worse than if we simply went with being imprisoned. "You don't like Zeus' generous offer. Okay, the Eye of Terror sprouts from Olympus instead."

:troll:

That IS what we're voting on right bros? Actually can someone tell me what we're voting on cause I don't want to wade through this mess...

What we're voting on is either going back several updates to the point where we escaped the Black Dragon Society or continuing on with our character right now, after he's been captured by Gao Ying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom