Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Basically the two options are:
-> Redo: Back to the black dragon society, escape intact, progress main quest.
-> Redo: Assassinate Taiye Hall's head solo and suffer the consequences.

Since treave already posted a small update for assassinating Taiye Hall's head (Jing is actually not dead yet, just in a very bad position having fucked up a lot of shit, and a timeskip is imminent), that one is being called "continue" or "onwards" and the black dragon society one is being called "reload."

As for the harem point, it's just that by getting captured dragged into the dungeons with a timeskip, we are completely missing our opportunity to meet up with Cao'er and are most likely not going to be there for the Fire Temple's challenge (when Yunzi demanded we be there). So both of them are not going to like us for this.

I think we're all agreed that the voice-in-the-head Jing with female Bai plot is a hilarious option we wouldn't mind exploring, right Esquilax?

If we do go for the reload, I am expecting a hefty dose of troll-treave where things actually end up worse than if we simply went with being imprisoned. "You don't like Zeus' generous offer. Okay, the Eye of Terror sprouts from Olympus instead."
Don't you worry man, shit is going to end up bad plenty anyway. We're looking at romancing Yunzi when the Fire Temple basically suggested killing us for it.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
No, we don't know what happens to him, or by whom he's been captured or where he's going. Basically, continue with what we have and make a legendary comeback, or just reload.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ok. My vote is possess female Bai and possibly others until we manifest as a toad demon for maximum toad perversion > reload to BDS.

And yes, my vote to reload is based mainly on previous butthurt from you all voting to drag Jing through this pointless shit.

Let's look at the previous choices that lead us here and see if we can't come up with a pattern, shall we:
Go with the women to meet our hot wannabe girlfriend who doesn't mind us having a harem? NO! Let's go to a mountain full of men to meet a guy we know and see if we can't talk to an old man. Explore the grounds and possibly find something interesting (like the twin flower girls)? NO! Let's just stand here and wait for the men to be done arguing instead. Abandon this crap and head to the girl waiting for us? Nah. Let's go off with a bunch of guys to find a manual, so we can give it to a group of men who want to kill us. Go to the brothel? NAH! Let's talk to an old man. Kidnap a pretty girl? Nope. Let's throw a hissy fit and hope we don't get murdered. Oops. Or attack a group of men, in an attempt to kill a man and get dragged off by a eunuch.

Pattern:
:codexisfor:
So, yeah, I'm just disappointed we didn't get to larp Rance. :M

Last edited by a moderator:

Absinthe

Arcane
No, we don't know what happens to him, or by whom he's been captured or where he's going. Basically, continue with what we have and make a legendary comeback, or just reload.
"The ones who had cast the net stood over you – the two imperial agents that had turned to look earlier on." No, I'm pretty sure we just got captured by the palace or Taiye Hall. It's going to take a lot of politics to work us out of this mess, and while Shun can make it happen, I think a miraculous recovery is more than a little unrealistic. If what you mean by "making a legendary comeback" is "hit rock bottom then make your way back to the top," I'd say that's pretty damn unlikely. Frankly, I'd be surprised if treave lets us just fix it while we continue.

And it's still a "choose your reload" situation: BDS escape or solo assassination. I prefer the BDS escape because it gets us back to the main plot for once.

Absinthe

Arcane
ERYFKRAD, what do you say? Which do you prefer - reload to Black Dragon Society, make our escape, and actually continue the plot with Chanfeng for once - or - go for the reload where we solo assassinate Taiye Hall's head?

Hey, if we have a time skip with the assassination choice, wouldn't it also mean we miss the tournament and fail Zhang Jue's challenge?

MystiKnight

Educated
Come on, Codex. Admit it. You would all totally love to read about female Bai and ghost Jing's stupid and perverted adventures. Female BJ and ghost Jing above all, continue if we don't get that, and reload if we hit 14 reloads.

Tigranes

Arcane
Timeskip or not, in that predicament, we can probably give up on having much to do with the Fire Cult, seeing our friends for a while, or even being ZJ's apprentice.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't have much to add yet, just that I wouldn't actually write a new chapter if all continuing does is get you imprisoned with no chance of recovery/killed by Zhang Jue.

Also, I regret writing female Bai Jiutian. :lol:

I'll check back in about 5 hours to see how the decision goes, because either way I'll have to be doing quite a bit of scenario planning.

The best part was that it was so believable. The handsome male villain actually being a female is an amine thing.

Come on. Let your inner bro come out to play, treave. :D

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't have much to add yet, just that I wouldn't actually write a new chapter if all continuing does is get you imprisoned with no chance of recovery/killed by Zhang Jue.
Aye, we know that. What we're discussing is just whether we're willing to abandon all the stuff we've gone for so far and put ourselves in a bad situation to boot.

Yeah, I'm not sure that's actually a sustainable scenario.

I'll check back in about 5 hours to see where the decision goes, because either way I'll have to be doing quite a bit of scenario planning.
You're closing votes in 5 hours?

I vote for continuing like this
Any particular reason why? It's going to be a reload either way. Consensus seems to be that it's better to escape BDS.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're closing votes in 5 hours?

Not exactly five hours, but I need to see which way the wind is blowing so that I can plan ahead. As I said, no matter which choice wins, there will be some lengthy scenario planning. It should close around 12 hours from now, and the update within 5 hours after that.

There's actually enough character motivation and twists for female Bai and ghost Jing to carry a LP. Just that the possibilities here are interesting enough to distract me from thinking about the main story.

Last edited:

MystiKnight

Educated

There's actually enough character motivation and twists for female Bai and ghost Jing to carry a LP. Just that the possibilities here are interesting enough to distract me from thinking about the main story.

C'mon treave, go with it! Ditch the main story, go for the spin-off! It's not everyday you come up with a side story that can trump the main story!

Baltika9

Arcane
"The ones who had cast the net stood over you – the two imperial agents that had turned to look earlier on." No, I'm pretty sure we just got captured by the palace or Taiye Hall. It's going to take a lot of politics to work us out of this mess, and while Shun can make it happen, I think a miraculous recovery is more than a little unrealistic. If what you mean by "making a legendary comeback" is "hit rock bottom then make your way back to the top," I'd say that's pretty damn unlikely. Frankly, I'd be surprised if treave lets us just fix it while we continue.

And it's still a "choose your reload" situation: BDS escape or solo assassination. I prefer the BDS escape because it gets us back to the main plot for once.
Jing has a history of beating long odds. Yeah, it there will be adversity left and right, but we have resources.

Fangshi

Arcane
MystiKnight said:
C'mon treave, go with it!

This, though the main plot is plenty interesting too. At the very least I could see it as an Easter special episode maybe?

(the death and subsequent resurrection of Jing, we could found our own religion dedicated to the ways of the YOLOTiger...)

Fangshi

Arcane
:lol: Yeah and Zhang Jue as John the Baptist, only difference is that Zhang bathes people in blood

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
the Kronos of our Zeus

My God, we will have to split him open and save all of our devoured brothers and sisters... I shall shed a tear for the lost golden age of man. ;)

Kipeci

Arcane
I thought that that option was closed since it'd been up for longer where as the reload from BDS option had been brought up only right before that redo?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom