Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Uh... There seems to be some butthurt over semantics in here. :lol:

Firstly, you guys already pussied out once when the revote won. The reload has already taken place.

Secondly, the most recent update isn't a teaser, but the actual last update of this chapter. It, and all the other updates since BDS, will be rolled back should there be enough demand.

Simple as that.

It really shouldn't be a topic of debate, that's not the important thing unless you guys just want to throw ad hominems at each other.

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
Firstly, you guys already pussied out once when the revote won. The reload has already taken place.

Good point.

We should've stuck with E all along. And it would've led to a better and funner outcome than this. Wimps, all of you.

Comrades, let's reload the reload and roll back to E, Operation 10,000 Ghosts of Maniac Island, the choice we should've stuck with this entire time! Down with revotes and take-backsies! Who will join in mine and Fangshi's crusade?

Baltika9

Arcane
Sorry man, I think we're too far down the road of "Republicans vs Democrats" bi-partisan shitslinging. :lol:

Fangshi

Arcane
Well if the 10,000 ghosts get put back on the table then clearly that is what we should all vote for (the trolling and countertrolling alone will make it worth it and it does not rely on a reload at all), though I am loathe to break my word; but barring that I will keep my word and vote for the rollback.

Anabanana

Augur
Oh yeah I'm still voting for continue, because duh the update is already out? Why would you want to rollback when the story's already progressed? But yes I should make my official vote E. Bai Jiutian > Rollback to E. 10,000 Ghosts > let's just continue and get the fuck on with the story already okay jesus fucking christ

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
See, if I put all the choices back on the table, the superior options to handling this scenario return, not to mention E. Girl!Bai Jiutian and the intriguing E. Gao Ying.

The way I see it, one chance is enough.

You either stick with what the (admittedly slim) majority voted for with B, or take Absinthe's way out. That is the only escape I offer.

Baltika9

Arcane
See, if I put all the options back on the table, the superior options to handling this scenario return, not to mention E. Girl!Bai Jiutian.
I propose a secondary vote: to get BJ a gender change and make her into a girl. Clearly, that is the way this was meant to be. The trolling potential is infinite.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well BJ is already pretty like a girl and the harem of Jing "future Emperor of China" knows no bounds, I am sure it could include the "passion of the cut sleeve".
(Incidentally that would completely throw BJ off his/her game if we try and flirt with him/her when we do end up fighting :troll:.)

Tigranes

Arcane
And that is how this LP will die, 7 different subvotes about which spinoff rollback parallel universe anime harem option the Codex wants. Let's get on with it and get Jing / Cripple Jing back on the road.

Fangshi

Arcane
A fitting end no?

Serious though I agree, limit it to the two options (continue or rollback with no subvotes) and then no more save-state shenanigans, what happens, happens and we just have to deal with it.

Absinthe

Arcane
m4davis, Ifeex, would you like to vote on this? Here's the situation: Jing just died trying to threaten a town of crooks, a reload happened to switch the dead end into assassinating the head of the imperial secret police solo (in Jing's crippled condition). Jing succeeded but got caught and bashed unconscious, and a timeskip is imminent. Treave has left us with two options: either start the new chapter or rollback: we would escape the Black Dragon Society without getting hit by Gao Ying's poison needle (we'd tell him we're on Shun's side instead). I prefer the rollback because we would be able to talk to Chanfeng (and Yunzi) and it would actually progress the main quest for once, which has been our primary objective ever since the prologue. Others prefer to get dragged into prison and fail a bunch of objectives (Chanfeng, meet Cao'er, Fire Temple challenge, trump eight sects, don't lose Yuchang sword) and have Shun bail us out while we're hated by the Imperial Court (-75) for killing the head of Taiye Hall (head of imperial secret police). Main reason for being the solo assassin is because they feel committed to this course of action. My stance is that we do have a choice, so just choose the outcome you prefer.

Oh yeah I'm still voting for continue, because duh the update is already out? Why would you want to rollback when the story's already progressed? But yes I should make my official vote E. Bai Jiutian > Rollback to E. 10,000 Ghosts > let's just continue and get the fuck on with the story already okay jesus fucking christ
I was wondering when you'd do that. Updated.

I propose a secondary vote: to get BJ a gender change and make her into a girl. Clearly, that is the way this was meant to be. The trolling potential is infinite.
Alright, the girl Bai Jiutian with Jing as the voice in the head is amusing but BJ having a sex-change in main plot is getting creepy.

Last edited:

MystiKnight

Educated
treave, if you made Bai Jiutian into a girl I would shut up and never complain about anything ever again. It would be the single greatest choice ever made. Period. I wouldn't care if we continued, reloaded, rerolled, start from the beginning, whatever. Female BJ will be quality entertainment, guaranteed.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, if you made Bai Jiutian into a girl I would shut up and never complain about anything ever again. It would be the single greatest choice ever made. Period. I wouldn't care if we continued, reloaded, rerolled, start from the beginning, whatever. Female BJ will be quality entertainment, guaranteed.
Female BJ and Jing, especially.

m4davis

Scholar
I have not been voting purely so that I can not be blamed when I vote for something I'am unsure about and right now none of the options are singing to me so I leave it in your terrible hands

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Please. I support this with all of my passion.

The BJ update is the best thing that happened to this LP since we have discovered the Frat Bros.

On the matter of the current vote, there is a lot of mental gymnastics going on in this thread to justify abanoning the choices we've made. One reload have already happened, and one is more than enough. Since we are not dead in the new timeline, I can't for the life of me see a new reload as anything but a desire to dodge the consequences people didn't like.

That's fine if that is what people want, but equating the two is really stretching facts to fit the theory. We still have Jing and we still can see the current plotline through.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
I have not been voting purely so that I can not be blamed when I vote for something I'am unsure about and right now none of the options are singing to me so I leave it in your terrible hands
Fair enough. I'd encourage you to vote for the Rollback though, of course. Especially as that would get us up to 15 votes (with MystiKnight's conditional vote kicking in, if he does not reconsider). Still, I'm surprised. One of the choices leads to Jing in the slammer (My bet is he will be locked up until Shun becomes the emperor and can pardon Jing.) and failing his business. The other choice leads to Jing committing a daring and successful escape from Black Dragon Society and finally getting to meet Chanfeng and figure out the events we've been wondering about since the beginning. It seems to me that the second one would be singing.

I'd ask you to vote for the rollback, if you please would.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
We don't even know if Jing's business is critical to plot advancement.

Comparing this situation to Epic, it looks like reloading when we first were incapacitated for 300 years because Ean had unfinished business in Assyria to take care of. The plot was far more grand than that.

Our plot didn't take off yet. I believe that finding a way out of our predictment would be where the true Legend is forged.

Succeeding in every little endeveaor is not what I believe CYOAs are about.

Absinthe

Arcane
Certainly, the plot will advance no matter how Jing conducts his business. I'm not disputing that. And I don't think voting for this one reload means succeeding in every little endeavor. What I do think is that it is a more interesting take on the plot since we've been building up towards that moment (finally meeting Chanfeng) the entire time since the prologue, but suddenly at the last minute missed the payoff. I also think the direction we were originally headed for before we started screwing this up is more interesting in its own way. Yes, roll with the punches, that's fine. But here we have a MC headed for having a solid group of friends for once and I would like to see that. I do think that's the more interesting and better route to explore. Do you disagree?

Esquilax

Arcane
And that is how this LP will die, 7 different subvotes about which spinoff rollback parallel universe anime harem option the Codex wants. Let's get on with it and get Jing / Cripple Jing back on the road.

Yeah, can we not head into the direction of lulzy shit like female BJ with Xu Jing in his head? It was funny, but it isn't an idea that has legs for an entire CYOA. We're fragmented enough as is with two choices. This is why I really dreaded creating a new character again: I just didn't want another round of WE SHOULD HAVE PICKED TSUNDRABBIT/GOAT DOCTOR/PIG FARMER FUCK YOU GUYS!!! But I guess there's no way around it. :lol:

Anyways, anything that we do will be more fun than sitting here arguing. I'm still in favour of soldiering on, but really, I'm sure that no matter what gets picked, we all want this show to get on the road.

Nevill

Arcane
Changfeng is not important. Jing getting in contact with the underworld is, and we sought her out for this very reason.

And now we are in (and precicely bacause of what we did for Changfeng, so it paid off, even if not in a way people expected it to). Even if we botched the attempt and got caught, we have proven our intentions. Once we get out of where they would stuff us, we'll have a way to use it to our advantage.

The main character already has a solid group of friends that trust him with their lives. Yu, Fu, Cao'er - all of them would back us up no matter what we do. What we lacked were allies, a force that we can get behind if things get out of hand. I thought we'll do fine on our own, like our master does, but apparently, we can no longer ignore all the enemies we've made, especially since the secret police is among them. The underworld isn't where I expected to find these allies, but it would also be an interesting twist, going from an imperial hound to a rogue agent and a revolutionary in the same vein as Yu.

I always was interested in what possessed Yang Xue to do what he did. Maybe we'll find out that way.

There are plenty of intriguing opportunities that the new path opens.

Last edited:

RealDDc

Learned
If there happens to be a lengthy rollback to whatever point back in the story, know what would be funny? If chapter two generally ends with the imprison of Jing somewhere in or about Youxia city. Rollback in eternity.

Treave might be evil enough to pull this off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom