Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

MystiKnight

Educated
Songfeng Sword School said:
At dawn, just as you are preparing to set off he gives you a dagger, which you strap to the inside of your boot. Leaning closely to you, the old man whispers, “Should anything happen, do not allow Cao’er to kill. She can never kill. If you have to, kill in her stead.” You understand what he means. Cao’er turns… different, when she hurts a living thing, accidentally or otherwise. “Do you expect trouble at Songfeng, master?” you ask quietly.
Actually, I was more referring to this part, rather than just flat out going crazy on the, uh, crazy guy.

Baltika9

Arcane
I know which part you're referncing, but I don't know why you would want her to go full Gallardo down there. That would be suicide.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Two years ago we bid her farewell and were written off as dead by her grandfather. When we finally returrned, with strands of grey in our hair, we parted ways again with some ominous words (“I can’t promise you that,” you say honestly. “I might be somewhere I cannot leave, or I might be crippled or dead by that time."), only to arrive to her three months later barely conscious and missing an eye. And now that we have finally been reunited, we jump the first rift we come across.

The girl is going to develop some serious complexes. Next time we see her, I expect her to bind herself to us with the sturdiest manacles she can find.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
“Yes, I’ve been called that in bed, something I think you wouldn’t have any experience with,” you reply jovially. “Oh? You’ll have to show me after this,” croons Qilin seductively into your ear, butting in where she is not needed.
I just realised something. That was a definite death flag. No way treave will allow anything like that in his LP. :lol:
Quick, throw Cao'er down! Maybe we can still save her!

...How does one properly invoke hysteria about Qilin's fate around here? I need some pointers.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Oh no Qilin's going to die, noooooo !!!!

What have we done Codex ?!?!

QILIIIIN !!!! :negative:

Good enough ?

Nevill

Arcane
A bit rough around the edges, but it's a good start.

A dramatic speech about why we should not sacrifice Qilin for the sake of the Emperor and how we would never be able to forgive ourselves Azira if she dies would be a nice touch.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
ERYFKRAD - A
Mystiknight - A
Rex Feral - B
Nevill - B
asxetos - A
Anabanana - B
Smashing Axe - B
Azira - B
Baltika9 - A
XenomorphII - A
Tribute - A
Fangshi - A
RealDDc - A
ScubaV - A
Grimgravy - B
Jester - A
Elfberserker - A
SirArvedeth - B
Lambchop19 - B
Esquilax - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
LWC1996 - B
TOME - A

Current tally:

A - 14
B - 9

MystiKnight

Educated
Oh god, if we lose Qilin due to this one decision, there better be some damn good character development to be worth it.

(Unless she goes full Kyrie on us. I still barely understand what happened to her.)

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'm only still staying with B so I can blame you in case Qilin dies and to have a valid reason to propose a rollback.:troll:

Let's see that update.

Tribute

Arbiter
I sure as hell hope the options aren't "Zhang Jue never becomes Guan Yu, Operation Immortal is a failure" or "Qilin dies".

Nevill

Arcane
For that matter, bringing Cao'er down with us more or less amounts to abandoning the mission to save our own hide, which is... not very Jing.
Our own, and Qilin's! What, it isn't Jing to care about his friends before the mission?

I sure as hell hope the options aren't "Zhang Jue never becomes Guan Yu, Operation Immortal is a failure" or "Qilin dies".
But how can you be certain? And if they are.. which one would you prefer?

Nevill

Arcane
Ummm... no. She got disassembled and turned into pure consciousness. Her cyborg clone was an entity independent from her, though she started to learn to manifest inside it and take control from time to time before we left it to die on some backwater planet. Then she had to learn to manifest in thin air until a new clone was manifactured as a vessel for her consciousness.

Uh, it all made sense when we read it then.

Hmmm... 'going full Kyrie', huh? If Qilin manifests in Bai Jiutian's mind and the latter starts developing a passion for Jing, things could take an interesting turn.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
You know that BJ could very well be male, right? You want some Bioware in our LP?

Tribute

Arbiter
We'd just need to find some sort of ancient half-crazed mountain hermit who's discovered the secret to eternal life and gender control via very careful manipulation of Yin and Yang chi.

Typically this involves having lots of sex, because Daoist thinking can get weird sometimes, so he may or may not have a harem of beautiful nubile women with bountiful yin chi.

Baltika9

Arcane
So, uh, this question just popped into my head: what would a full-psycho Cao'er trained by Zhang Jue be like? treave?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't know, but at this rate I'm toying with the concept of Cao'er one day doing a Misery on you after one abandonment too many. Gonna keep track of those Abandonment Points.

A wins.

Baltika9

Arcane
Fuck this, have Gao take her to Shun so sge can be all over his charismatic dick and give him lots of babies. Far, far, faaaar away from Jing.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't know, but at this rate I'm toying with the concept of Cao'er one day doing a Misery on you after one abandonment too many. Gonna keep track of those Abandonment Points.
The girl needs a hug. Why does Jing never give her a hug? :mad:

Baltika9

Arcane
Like I said, Shunbro can deal with this shit. Let him put that Gifted As Fuck trait to good use.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom