Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Nah, Qilin has good reaction and instincts. With her qinggong, she's fine.

^ Top  
  2. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    Then we send Cao'er up to take care of the emperor, and work our way out through the tunnels with Qilin.

^ Top  
  3. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave is a Megadeth fan, apparently.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  4. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    I'm willing to believe this is an authentic Chinese torture method. They did not fuck around.

^ Top  
  5. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    All things considered this is still going reasonably well, also I knew it was not a monster... I wonder if there is some way to reason with the man now that the Emperor is out of his reach? Though he is probably too far gone for that.

Zhang Jue is amazing, moving on...

For the choice I think A should do the trick. I don't particularly like the idea of Jing shielding Cao'er with his body. If we toss her up then we can focus on landing properly and if she jumps back in she can focus on landing properly. I want her with the Emperor to make sure the old man gets out of this alive and in one piece and Jing can probably handle any injuries that Quilin may have.

I think Gao will probably go through with the plan now, his moment to betray Shun has passed. I mean why not kill the Emperor while he waited before Jing could get there to stop him? He set it up in such a way that he would have to fight Jing, there is more to this then just Shun and the Emperor, I think. If we
    entrust Cao'er to him "in our last act" I think he will look after her, though I will admit that I could be completely misjudging the man.

The only real advantage I see with B is that it keeps Cao'er with us but it increases the chance of us getting injured and we leave the Emperor unmonitored (what if he wakes up or his health deteriorates for example).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Hmm...

I think that there's good odds on the madman being a surviving Prince.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Imperial Gardener. And I thought Jing was the troll. Gotta up that game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Zhang Jue once again demonstrates why he is the Master, and we the apprentice.
    :salute:

^ Top  
  9. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    That certainly explains why the madman refers to the emperor by his original name, and why he'd be hidden away in a secret tunnel underneath the capital.

He may just not bother anyone when he doesn't see an opportunity for revenge.

^ Top  
  10. RealDDc Learned

RealDDc
    Wasn't the urge present to estimate Zhangs current strength potential? Now you know, a nine-headed snake or dragon would beat him.

As for the current vote, I could care less about Quilins well-being but don't get Cao'er in danger aswell. A

^ Top  
  11. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Credit where is it due. I did not expect this to turn out as well as it did. Voting A for this choice. Jing's risk of injuring himself is higher if he has to shield Cao'er, and she won't be able to heal him easily without pressure points. And while she seems more capable than before, she is still not a fighter and would be another person he has to worry about protecting. Plus, this way someone can be trusted to watch the Emperor and relay information to Shun and others. I have a feeling that if Gao Ying was alone, he might leave out certain details in his report.

^ Top  
  12. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I'm going to abstain from voting for this time around. I just really hope that Cao'er doesn't jump after us when A wins, that could badly injure her.

Anyway, treave , shouldn't we have the recipe for Yao's Protective Sheath in addition to the ointment, or are the two considered to be the same in that?

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Would have beaten him...except the legendary Yamata no Orochi
    [​IMG]
    ran away from Zhang Jue before the fight could be finished, leaving behind a fang. His punk ass was scared.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    ^ Top  
  14. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    I imagine Jing could tell her how important it is that the emperor makes it to the rendezvous point alive and how he's entrusting her with seeing it through as he hurls her up. Cao'er may care deeply about Jing's safety but she's also very concerned with doing what he needs her to do to the best of her ability when he's depending on her.

^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    ManTigerPigWolfSpiderToad. We need to add three more animals to our bestiary to stand a chance.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, I think a man like Zhang Jue should have his own entry in the faction reputations list, with his own custom ratings from "Bored" to "Amused."

^ Top  
  17. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Next item to give Zhang Jue as a present: the madman.

^ Top  
  18. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Nah, too small-time.
    If we manage to force the Fire Cult to worship him as the new Lord of the Light, howewer...

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Taisheng's harem.

^ Top  
  20. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Man...tough choice. But since I voted to kill the emperor, I wont vote to split the party to keep him alive.

B

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Lady Wu?
    What is he even supposed to do with her?

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Make her forget all about interfering with Shun's reign.

^ Top  
  23. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Fixed
    Vote A
    Expect that if Quilins survived Jing will be able to stabilize her and should be able to sneak quite well while caring her.

^ Top  
  24. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    After Shun becomes Emperor some heads should start rolling. I mean the prince's and their mother's heads. Though I trust Ying might make sure they all meet an untimely end.

^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Awww, thinking of some company for the madman already? How considerate of you.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)