Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Grorious Pig farmeru read proretarians to great victory, yes.

Dumb, charming and lovable oaf that tends to his crops and livestock without a care in the world. Gentlemen, the Farmer is Naram.
:troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In the interests of keeping expectations sane I feel obliged to point out that the background is not actually titled Glorious Revolutionary Comrade Farmer, no matter what feelings some of you may have about the character.

With that said, taking into account the last few votes, the farmer is currently ahead if my count is correct.

Baltika9

Arcane
Then we'll get drunk, master the Drunken Fist, win a tournament and wake up in bed with the crown princess. That sounds good to me.

By the way, will the other characters be in the game continue as NPCs?

Baltika9

Arcane
Just curious, really.

Grorious porku farmeru snu-snu all princesses in China, yes.

Tigranes

Arcane
It will be hilarious if the choices for the first update are:

What shall we grow for the year ahead?
A. White Rice.
B. Brown Rice.
C. Mixed Rice.

Baltika9

Arcane
Brown Rice, of course. None of that popamole white rice crap will taint our fields! Unacceptable!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I haven't decided about having the other characters as NPCs for a few reasons. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see how the character creation goes.

Uh... the difference between white rice and brown rice is in the milling, not in the planting process. But I suppose a really low int farmer might not understand even if he should know better, so yeah, that's rather appropriate, in a way?

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Farmer. Bleh. No love for glorious Doctor Goat. I guess he'll have to go find solace amongst the no longer living. :M
... i am retarded, for sec i thought that Goat was his name.

I'd love nothing more, but the scholar doesn't stand a chance.
unfortunately you are right.

They will tremble before our knowlodge of the arts, Confucius and the Tao!
Probably Treave would add some philosophical quotes to his lines.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No monocles, but...

Sunglasses made from flat panes of smoky quartz, which offered no corrective powers but did protect the eyes from glare were used in China in the 12th century or possibly earlier. Ancient documents describe the use of such crystal sunglasses by judges in ancient Chinese courts to conceal their facial expressions while questioning witnesses.

I planned on giving one of these to the smug scholar, a family heirloom.

Esquilax

Arcane
Farmer. Bleh. No love for glorious Doctor Goat. I guess he'll have to go find solace amongst the no longer living. :M

Dude, after posting at the Codex for nearly three years, I think I've seen enough Asperger's to last a lifetime. He's a smart, socially stunted type who is an apprentice under a crazy guy living in the woods. It's very similar to the Pilgrim in root's LP.

Ugh, anything but the farmer. I'm willing to flop from adjutant to rogue if it has a chance to beat farmer.

That hurts, bro. I just want a hard-drinking, hard-scrapping BRO with luck on his side. Besides, a sign like Pig or Monkey would get him above the dreaded "full-retard" status. He'd still be slow, but he'd be able to interact with everyone more or less normally.

Nevertheless, Adjutant is my second-favourite choice, particularly with the Horse sign. I think the setup of how the character was chosen for his terrible luck is intriguing and backstabbing politics is always fun. Our inherent +1 PER, +1 INT would nullify the sign's drawbacks, and we'd be left with a moderately intelligent character who can fight like a motherfucker and isn't as hampered by his awful luck. 6 AGI, 6 STR, 8 END is no joke.

There's really a lot we could do with an Adjutant character. A Dragon sign could make him more of a charming gentleman, if we want to go in that direction. Pig sign works really well here too, and is more balanced. I totally hate the hit to Agility we'd have to take there, though.

Horse/Adjutant
6 STR
5 INT
5 PER
8 END
5 CHA
3 LCK
6 AGI

Dragon/Adjutant
7 STR
7 INT
7 PER
5 END
6 CHA
3 LCK
3 AGI

Pig/Adjutant
7 STR
7 INT
6 PER
6 END
5 CHA
4 LCK
3 AGI

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Rank 10 pressure point masters can pull off similar bullshit.

Make people dumber? *jab* Done.

Smarter? *jab* Done.

Change their sex? *jab jab jab* Done.

Anyway, current tally appears to be:

Scholar - 1
Farmer - 5
Rogue - 5
Adjutant - 6
Doctor - 1

I have taken into account flops that were clearly stated, but statements of intent to flop have not been counted. Perhaps someone could double-check the figures for me, but as it is, since it is still rather close, I'm willing to keep voting open for a bit longer.

I believe Jester is willing to flop to rogue if his preferred scholar or doctor doesn't win, which makes it

Scholar - 0
Farmer - 5
Rogue - 6
Adjutant - 6
Doctor - 1

So all that is left is for Azira to flop to Farmer and then we can play a Farmer-Rogue-Adjutant unholy hybrid.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Bother that. No love for the doc, I'll flop to rogue. Don't want that hit to luck the adjutant brings.. Were it up to me though, I'd want a Dragon Rogue!

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
flopping to pig farmer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom