Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    D still wins :D

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, I know he's young, but has Jing started growing a beard yet?

^ Top  
  3. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Finally treave stopped the discuss! :love:

Really guys. You have a tendency to get carried away. :bro:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Finally! I would hate flopped to D but thankfully it is too late.

^ Top  
  5. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    Then, as the last arguments were gone and we lay together on the forum, everyone drifted away and all was silent.

Such a silence this thread has never known.

^ Top  
  6. kazgar Arcane

kazgar
    treave should set hard time limits for voting unless there's a tie, the continual extending leads to madness, madness I say! (time limits can be determined based on his availability and care factor)

^ Top  
  7. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Hmm, treave when do your days tend to start and end according to your timezone? It's kinda of difficult to tell for some reason and it'd definitely cut down on a lot of discuss out of me if I knew when it was worth bothering to log on.

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The only way to have a hard time limit for voting that actually cuts down on discuss would be to lock it to 12 hours after the update hits, regardless of whether the next update is ready. Otherwise... yeah.

My schedule isn't fixed so days can vary, and sometimes I pull all-nighters. You don't need me to be online for the discuss anyway so I don't think it matters.

^ Top  
  9. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I don't need you online for the discuss, but a lot of the discuss from me results from not being sure when you're likely to post the update and checking whenever I become aware of some alerts with a decent time lapse. Now that I think about it, most updates seem to pop up either shortly before or after when I tend to wake up, so that's probably a good time range to bother checking in.

^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I think the updates are usually at least 36 hours or so apart, so I figure that's a decent mark to go by. Most of the discussion usually happens in the first 24 anyway.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, out of curiosity, how well suited is Jing for fighting in a formation? Him and Qilin had a good thing going against Yang Xue with their tricks and coverin gone another. I am interested in exploring this further down the line, perhaps even creating one specially for our harem. All of the current girls we have are rather unorthodox, Qilin more than us even, so I'm guessing they would mesh well.

And how much Orthodox Points does BJ have?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    ^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Only if he's the only guy in the formation.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  13. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Over 9000!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist any longer, besides I am sure that I already hear hundreds clicking sounds as loyal codexian rush to see if treave posted update now that there is one reply after certain silence:troll:

:bro:

^ Top  
  14. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Mined from the dark bowels of forums.fanfiction.org in the little used non-erotic section:

Xu Jing reclined on the tigerskin rug in the large yurt. Life was good, perfect even. To his right, Guo Fu let out a hearty laugh as his daughter tackled Jing's youngest son. The boy turned red-faced as he struggled mightily, but she had him pinned and was almost as immovable as her father.

“Perhaps they would make a good match one day, wouldn't you say?” his friend joked.

“Father!” the girl exclaimed as now her face flushed with crimson.

Jing chuckled and took a hefty gulp from his mug.

“This batch is especially strong Brother Yu. My commendations.”

“Well, my recent experiments have yielded some fruitful discoveries. That is, when I can keep my wife from distracting me,” the scholar said with a cough.

Speaking of distractions, Jing noticed Yunzi's smoldering eyes staring at him from across the tent. Was it her turn tonight? He could never remember. Cao'er would know. She kept a pretty tight schedule as far as that was concerned.

“By the way,” Yu interrupted his thoughts, “I finally started on a biography for you: Master of the Jianghu. I wanted to ask you for some sage wisdom. What is best in life?”

Jing stroked his chin, giving the impression of deep thought.

“To troll your enemies, see them shake with ineffectual rage, and add their women to your harem.”

The scholar sighed. “Can't you give me a straight answer for once?”

Jing shrugged and gave him a wink.

The only thing missing from this night was the presence of their dear friend and emperor. He was due to make a diplomatic visit and it was unlike him to be late. As if on cue, the flap to the yurt opened, but it wasn't Li Shun who entered.

An old man stood in the entryway. His hair was unkempt and he had an eyepatch, much like Jing's own. His good eye had an almost feral quality to it. He wore a plain vest and trousers, revealing tightly corded muscles despite his apparent age.

“The Shadow Wolf,” one of the children whispered.

“Xu Jing!” The man's voice sounded as if he was making a pronouncement. “You will come with me. You are needed elsewhere.”

Everyone in the room bristled and and some even took a fighting stance. Jing, however, remained on the rug.

“And why should I entertain the demands of a senile invalid?”

Suddenly Jing felt his body stiffen as if something was squeezing it in place. Even calling upon his neigong, he still could not move. Not since being forced to kill his old master did he feel threatened like this.

“We really don't have time for you to resist like this. There is much to discuss.”

For some reason that word sent chills down his spine. It promised an endless hell where there would be no trolling or fighting or playful romps with his wives. Just incessant blabbering, like the eunuchs of his youth.

“Who are you anyway?” Jing asked, barely managing to keep the fear and rage from his voice.

“I have gone by many names, but there is one I prefer.”

“Shulgi.”

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  15. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Ah, so this is what happens when the DISCUSS is silenced and treave doesn't update.

Shulgi. Shulgi never changes.

^ Top  
  16. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    I need my fix :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :dance:

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, I have a fan request, at your convenience.
    Zhang Jue Gaiden: Valentine's Day special. A look inside our rough Master's heart and his struggle between love of martial arts and hundreds of thousands of his exes.

P.S.: [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    My God treave, why hast thou forsaken me?:negative:

^ Top  
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    You haven't seen treave for 2 days, and you're acting like a bunch of crybabies.. :rpgcodex:

Get a grip. Imagine how Jing will turn out if treave models him on our responses? God, what a needy and constantly discussing brat he'd be. :roll:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You just relieved no one' s blaming you yet.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Baltika9 said that the blame would be on him for this round, though.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I can live with that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    You may scoff, Azira, but give it a couple more days and we'll all be composing pining love poems to treave and begging him to come back to us. You're going to drive the Codex to yandere-ism at this rate, treave.

(Really though, no pressure, take as much time as you need and good luck with the parts of your life that have absolutely nothing to do with giving us our wuxia CYOA fix. :thumbsup:)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I remember the pining and drama when The Barbarian left. Heck, I was one of the people who regularly necroed his threads, in the vain hope he'd return. I can sympathise. I just don't think it helps much is all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)