Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, Su Liaojing wasn't aiming to kill us, so of course it wasn't lethal, but that does indeed seem like gunpowder. We must reverse-engineer this.
    treave, how come our 'dishonorable' actions didn't net us a single unorthodox point? I was expecting at least five.
    HERESY!

^ Top  
  2. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Why should it give us an unorthodox point? We already have a vast amount from killing lots of people (some of those being pugilists of our own nationality and alliance while they were trying to attack pirates and so on) and being the apprentice of the Southern Maniac in addition to oodles of other stuff, relative to that attacking foes before they've assembled into a strong formation that they boasted would defeat us before the match begun doesn't really seem like it'd tip the scales any. Jing is unorthodox enough that I think he should have to do some very unorthodox things in order to keep on racking up a similar number of points, and attacking out of turn doesn't really seem like it'd cut it.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I really don't see why it should. You only managed to sucker-punch one guy anyway. They reacted too slow and should have been on guard the moment they saw you. Their masters and seniors would berate them for not doing so, considering the stuff you have done before. It's expected of you not to play fair, so it wouldn't increase your unorthodox reputation.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    The dread of Mao Sanjao once again?

^ Top  
  5. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    Dammit. I want to save Qilin but also want to look cool with the Sword Saint :(

Since we saved those maidens, I guess they could vouch for us. C>A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ganymede Learned

Ganymede
    You fucks are going to faf about and drink wine with some obnoxious hippie faggot while a fucking sandnigger savage holds the possible mother of your child by the throat??!!!!
    :x

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Don't tell me Qilin hasn't sicced her snake on him. Immune to poison he may be, but damn if he can stand the tickles.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    If you think we can run all the way to Qilin, grab her and run away with her, before the Master-Level Guy holding his hand on her throat can even react, you are out of your mind. We don't need fire medicine for that, we need time bending powers.

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Snake is dead.

^ Top  
  10. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    And so are our hopes.

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Good night sweet princess.

^ Top  
  12. RealDDc Learned

RealDDc
    Shit we lost a team member, we need to rollback.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  13. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    C>A>B

I like A, but Qilin's wellbeing is the highest priority. We just established some credit with the Fire Cult, plus Yunzi would vouch for us and Qilin. B and D aren't going to work, imo. There is no way we can get to Qilin faster than the Amesha Spenta - who already have her by the throat - can react.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    What no snake? C>A pl0x.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. LWC1996 Learned

LWC1996
    I'm trying to figure out why most ppl are thinking that we have an in with the Fire Cult just coz we saved the girls... What gave you the impression that the cult or even the girls will repay their life debt to you?

^ Top  
  16. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    hmm if sword saint wish to still stop this battle, mby waiting would be best. Still its hard to tell what he want to do.

^ Top  
  17. LWC1996 Learned

LWC1996
    A.

Just because.

^ Top  
  18. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Let's have a drink, shall we?

A

^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    She tried to kidnap Yunzi by herself, didn't she? That is the only reason I can think of why they would try to threaten Qilin - or why they would even assume she was on the side of the Eight Sects.

I don't think we have enough leverage with the Fire Cult to appeal to them by ourselves in that case. And where is Yunzi? She have met Qilin, she should not have allowed that if she was around. And if she is not (I bet Qilin has poisons to make a person lose consciousness)... that makes our job much harder.

We must stall for time and switch the attention back to ourselves so that the fight wouldn't break out again. That is what we should have done since the beginning anyway.

Damn shame Xiaoqing is dead. Fucking assholes. :( :mad:

A.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    ^ Top  
  20. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    A>C.

Emotions are running high right now and I think that calming the situation is best way to save Qilin. I think that there is reason that Sword Saint is looking relaxed as he his and that is getting people calm down. I mean what is better way to calm people down than sitting
    calmly and drink?

Pleading with the fire cult may escalate situation quickly and we still don't know why they attacked Cao'er and Qilin. I think buying time is best option now, that we don't have any idea what is happening.

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Besides, would A involve sitting on Vahista? This might be an important factor in our decision.

I don't think we'll have a calming effect on either side - not on Huashan/Taishan/Kunlun guys for obvious reasons, and not on the Fire Cult for being associated with Qilin and their Holy Maiden (to the point that young members are gossiping about it).

That is actually what I am counting on.

^ Top  
  22. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    I think the sword saint is waiting for more people to arrive, more sect heads, Amesha Spenta and great five's. Maybe he wants to make sure it becomes an epic battle or he wants to challenge everyone at once to show who's top dog. In any case it will draw attention away from Qilin making her escape easier. So I'm going with A to try and prevent the battle from restarting.

Fireworks do sorta exist in this time so the Fire Medicine Powder would be more akin to a flashbang then actual destructive explosives.

^ Top  
  23. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    A sounds too passive for my taste. We can't just sit around while one of our waifus is in peril! Besides, half of our reason for coming here was Yunzi. The other half was to gain intel on the Fire Cult. Some diplomacy now might allow us to follow them after the battle without much fuss.

C

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. XenomorphII Liturgist

XenomorphII
  25. RealDDc Learned

RealDDc
    To be fair, we can't blame anyone right now. Maybe he was just old?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)