Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
You are correct, Lambchop19, animu really isn't my thing. That being said, flop to C2.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C2 is not the answer either. If the masters get raped by this guys sooner - like if we take away some of the best fighters for a cowardly rescue and run - then this guy will come after us, beat the shit out of us since all the guys who could have helped are dead and take ALL our women.

You bros know I'm cautious about fights. I didn't want to take on the 8 fighters earlier. But there comes a time where you have to make a stand and fight. This is it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Zhang not being serious about killing people? Yeah, right. :lol: And the crazed madman? Yep. You're talking gibberish, Baltika9.
It was specifically said that YX was toying with us and had Lord Zhang wanted to kill Jing as he was at the start of his apprenticeship, he wpuld have done so in a heartbeat.

We will get no such courtesy ftom Ahure: he wants our women, there isn't room for both of us in that harem.

We will get no such courtesy ftom Ahure: he wants our women, there isn't room for both of us in that harem.
Which sounds more like an argument for A than C. Seroisuly, now is the time to take this guy out. When else are we going to have Bai and the other masters on our side - AND Zhang Jue on the way?

Baltika9

Arcane
C2 is not the answer either. If the masters get raped by this guys sooner - like if we take away some of the best fighters for a cowardly rescue and run - then this guy will come after us, beat the shit out of us since all the guys who could have helped are dead and take ALL our women.
LORD Zhang will ride in on the Yamato no Orochi in the last second, brofist/tag-team with Shagguan and kick Ahura's nancy ass.

And make it back to Yinhu Island in time for a full sashimi dinner courtesy of his Japanese handmaidens.
:yeah:

If you think Zhang coming back, then shouldn't we fight to delay this guy as long as possible? Or are you joking and completely ignoring the quite valid possibility I outlined because you have nothing to respond with? I can't tell with you anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, the sword saint hinted that he'd be here soon somewhat confidently when we first met him. 'Course he's kind of a lark, so it's up in the air... He's kind of bro-ish with the guy though, so I'd say chances are he was serious.

Baltika9

Arcane
Look man, my angle is still the same as it was in the last update: Qilin is priority #1. The longer she stays in the Cult's hands, especially if we start fighting against their leader, the greater the chances of dumb shit happening to her are. If Ahura goes down, the Cult will panick for a while, yeah, but with that Amesha having his hand on her neck, well, people tend to be unpredictable when in a panic. I'm all for YOLOTIGERing, but not when our woman is on the line like this.

I'm also not quite sure what we, BJ, Lingshu and Yandi can actually do here except get in the way of the Masters. It's like firing at a tank with an assault rifle, what's the point?

And I firmly believe that after genociding the Oni population of Japan and making the Yamato no Orochi run like a little bitch, Lord Zhang doesn't really need our help against this punk.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Staying back and fighting the man because you have the masters to back you up is as stupid as fighting Zhang because you had six nuns and Yao to help you back then when we first met him.

You have to choose your battles. Right now the fight you can win is the fight for Qilin's freedom, and it lies elsewhere. It might even not be a fight in a strict sense.

You have allies in the Fire Cult now that their lord isn't with them. Now would be the time.

Look man, my angle is still the same as it was in the last update: Qilin is priority #1..
You mean the last update where you voted for the option that according to treave would have gotten her killed?

Tell me more about your priorities that make no sense...

Nevill

Arcane
That wasn't something anyone would have expected. I suspected that the cult is not to be trusted, but that's the new level of asshole right there.

And after saving his concubines, no less.

Baltika9

Arcane
You mean the last update where you voted for the option that according to treave would have gotten her killed?

+M
I was fully expecting to get her out of the fire with that, and while I was wrong with my choice, that really doesn't change my intent.

That wasn't something anyone would have expected. I suspected that the cult is not to be trusted, but that's the new level of asshole right there.

And after saving his concubines, no less.
No, no: I fucking expected it.

Jing isn't a negotiator, he's a fighter and a troll. And it wouldn't have been this guy's choice to kill her, she would have taken a blow meant for us - the guy he wants to kill anyway, remember?

Last edited by a moderator:

+M
I was fully expecting to get her out of the fire with that, and while I was wrong with my choice, that really doesn't change my intent.
"Oops I didn't meant to!" doesn't raise the dead, bro.

Nevill

Arcane
I was referring to him trying to kill us in the first place.

And also to implied rape.

Man, I want to put him down. But now is not the time.

When is the time then? When else are we going to have a bunch of masters, Bai and company, a small army to keep his forces busy AND XJ possibly on the way?

Nevill

Arcane
When we have maxed up that neiggong.

Dude, he is not meant to die here after fucking up three Greats just a day ago. It's not happening.

Baltika9

Arcane
"Oops I didn't meant to!" doesn't raise the dead, bro.
It definitely doesn't, and while I applaud your prescience, that exact outcome was something no one of us expected. At all.

As for "when is the time to take him down," I'm totally with Nevill on this:
Staying back and fighting the man because you have the masters to back you up is as stupid as fighting Zhang because you had six nuns and Yao to help you back then when we first met him.

You have to choose your battles. Right now the fight you can win is the fight for Qilin's freedom, and it lies elsewhere. It might even not be a fight in a strict sense.
Especially that first part.

When we have maxed up that neiggong.

Dude, he is not meant to die here after fucking up three Greats just a day ago. It's not happening.
Screw what he's "meant to". Shit, we could have killed Marduk earlier in the Epic LP had we trusted the gieloth general at Tjaru.

This guy may be a monster, but even a monster can die. It will probably take everything we have, but I think we can do it here and now.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WE ARE NOT FIGHTING SOMEONE SO IMPORTANT WITHOUT GETTING SOME TROLLAN MILEAGE OUT OF HIM.

That is all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom