Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
...and how do you analyze this?

My take on C2 would be that the group of the lesser orthodox fighters will be challenging one of the Amesha Spentas, who would then have to delegate Qilin guarding duties to someone less able. Then Jing sneaks in and gets away with his prize, potentially with Yunzi's cooperation who may choose not to pursue him, as that wasn't the order that the Lord gave.

It has a chance to work out beautifully.

Once Qilin is out of harm's way, it becomes easier for the orthodoxes to act as they see fit.

Personally, I think that the UNBRO level of the Fire Lord reached such lows that I can't exclude the possibility of him hiding behind Qilin if he loses the fight, as Wuxung is not eager to place her in danger.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika - C2
ERYFKRAD - C2 > A
Anabanana - C2
Lambchop19 - A
Azira - A
Nevill - C2
kazgar - A
RealDDc - A
Zero Credibility - C2
Smashing Axe - A > C1
profreshinal - C1
asxetos - C2
SirArvedeth - A
XenomorphII - C2
Elfberserker - C2
Esquilax - C2

Current tally:

A - 6
C1 - 1
C2 - 9

What would be the plan in C2? Will Cao'er go with us, too? I can't imagine her not trying to. I hope Song Lingshu does not have a grudge against her - the girl is as close to saint as it gets.

Yes, she'll provide backup from a distance. Murong, Bai and Song will be the frontliners, but Jing doesn't think he can free Qilin without having to fight himself. After all, there are three Amesha Spenta, including Vahista, and even if they are fatigued they are fighters around the level of an Eight Sects' leader.

Can Jing do it alone, though? Perhaps. Not saying it's impossible.

As for Song Lingshu's reaction to Cao'er, she hasn't really noticed the girl yet. She's a bit distracted by everything going on at the moment.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
treave said:
Pity C didn't win last vote. It would have been ironic when Qilin took the killing blow meant for you. :lol:
Now, that's just evil.

B-but the resulting trauma would have made for a better character! I'LLNEVERLOVEAGAINBAAAAAW :negative:
Wuxia Jrpg Emo character? Mby if it would be i will become the man everyone are afraid to cross. Zhang Jue v0.2 with tortures if sucker survive, but that's rare occurrence.
Still it is bold move to try to kill likeable character for sake of story, i respect that.
B helps ensure Ahura doesn't go down, which is good for her health.
True, but he also wants our woman. Fuck that guy.
:thumbsup: and our possible child make his declaration even more enraging.
B helps ensure Ahura doesn't go down, which is good for her health.
If you get on his good side you could always plead for him to change his mind about that. Remember, it's not personal with him. You'll notice the Cult relationship is still better than zero. Should you prove your sincerity and then do a bit of other stuff about that Yunzi business you can still be on great terms with the Fire Cult.
Trying to kill Jing is possible to forgive, its trying to off possible "love" rival. Keeping his first wife for advantage in Wudu negotiation is possible to forgive, that's business. Going in and saying "oh and I am taking your wife to be my sex slave after blackmailing her family. So lets blow you up with fancy pimped up neigonging, because i dont have time for you inferior creature." That's making things personal. Its not capturing heart of maiden with personal charm like true alpha HAREM MASTAH should behave, but vulgarly manhandling them into submission. There is no professional touch there, no shred of material for new story in legend of pimp-fu. Pimp-fu standards must be uphold, i say. +M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Will Amesha Spentas not be joining the Fire Lord, even when he is outnumbered by 3 sect heads and the best swordmaster? Is he that strong? :o

Anyway, if we can keep them from intervening, that should compensate for taking the orthodox fighters with us somewhat. And then Lird Zhang will arrive, and there will be no strife, only peace.

Also, to have all three Amesha Spentas fight us, someone else would have to keep an eye on Qilin. Then Yunzi might just free her, if she so desires... and if she can go against her Lord's order.

Ewww, just typing that Yunzi has a Lord feels wrong somehow.

Jester said:
Still it is bold move to try to kill likeable character for sake of story, i respect that.
Did I tell you that I always liked Bai Jiutian? Please kill her instead whenever there is an urge to kill characters.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If the Fire Lord wants them in, they'd be here by now... so you can presume that he thinks he can at least take on all three of Huashan, Taishan and Kunlun at once even if he is not at full strength. The Grand Taoist was the only man he cared to mention as a threat to him. Remember, the Sword Saint is hard to read and doesn't reveal his identity often, so he may assume the man is at the most slightly better than Nie Wuxing, and took down an injured Vahista by surprise, or various other reasons he can think of.

Of course, whether this means it's going to be a close battle that you can tip, a loss for Ahura, or it turns out he does have enough in the tank to beat all of them anyway, you won't know until the update.

Did I tell you that I always liked Bai Jiutian? Please kill her instead whenever there is an urge to kill characters.

Fem!Bai Jiutian in Jing's head? :hmmm:

Doesn't feel as right.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm not quite sure what the point of A is considering that it puts Qilin's life in jeopardy. The Temple Lord's orders are the only thing that is keeping Qilin alive right now, and you guys want to attack him? That sounds pretty foolish to me.

We have no stake in this. Voting C2 for now. However, I'm still reluctant to vote for it because even with the Sword Saint, Ahura Mazda is a bad motherfucker, so the orthodox sects will need all the help that they can help. Hopefully Zhang Jue will arrive to broker a peace treaty, gentle soul that he is.

Nevill

Arcane
so you can presume that he thinks he can at least take on all three of Huashan, Taishan and Kunlun at once even if he is not at full strength
And he fought them once, with Zhengchong to boot, so it's not like he is overconfident. And he has reserves to call upon.

Fuck this battle, we are going to need to sap their morale first. We should start by stealing back our/his harem.

Jester

Arbiter
Fem!Bai Jiutian in Jing's head? :hmmm:

Doesn't feel as right.
Hmm i dont know, BJ uncovering the drives and thoughts of man behind pig mask sound like interesting narrative. Young bit naive orthodox princess taking hard look at orthodoxy of martial arts? Her reaction to seeing MTP point of view, the reasons and consequences of some of his actions. Conflict between follower of strict moral rules and wild spirit following his own definition of justice, Honour and pride. I like this idea, lets kill her shall we? Can we, can we?

oh and vote C2 - i expect that our lack of cooperation skill could actually help fire man in A. And C2 posibly will drive his bodyguards to far for them to save their lord, if sect side will start wining.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
C2. For now.

If Qilin didn't get herself captured I would Have chosen to battle firelord, but alas Harem is more important right now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I probably should have squeezed this into the update somewhere, but it slipped my mind. Ahura was actually losing ground to the Grand Taoist in a one-on-one fight before his Amesha Spenta jumped in and tried to gang up on the Wudang head, triggering a rush from Zhengchong's buddies. That's part of why the orthodox sects are so pissed, because they figure the Fire Temple broke the rules of engagement first. They thought it was an ambush. Whether it was planned or not, only the Fire Temple can say.

But yes, that has no bearing on his strength over anyone not in the Five Greats category. At a minimum estimate his full strength is powerful enough to match Wang Zhengchong, even if he can't exactly beat him. We should probably have enough information for a tier for the characters you have met thus far. Don't take this as gospel, it's just a rough guideline and it doesn't exactly scale. Remember, a fight isn't only about the skill level, it also takes into account stats, techniques, smarts and plenty of other stuff.

Power Tiers said:
Spear of Manliness Tier
Yang Xue

Everyone Else Tier
Everyone else

Nevill

Arcane
Oh. From the wording it sounded like the leaders of the Eight Sects were drawn in the conflict first. It is good to know that it was the Fire Temple that was actually at fault.

I bet if our team starts winning, Amesha Spentas will do so again. Might be best to keep them occupied as well, then.

If anyone is worried about C2 endangering Qilin, we know that the Fire Lord gave an order to keep her safe for now. In his absense, Yunzi's orders take precedence if they do not contradict his. She might give out an explicit order to keep Qilin alive and unharmed. That only reinforces what the Lord have said, and the cultists will have no alternative but to obey. If they lose in a fight and we take the girl back, the folly is theirs, not Yunzi's. So that is one more hurdle out of the way.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
That's a little strange, I'd have thought that the Fire Cult's head deciding that Jing is an impurity to be cleansed would have somewhat damaged relationships with them.

Anyway, all I can say is that I was terribly, horribly wrong, and I'm glad that you bros decided that something was off there.

I'll vote C1, because I think that Jing's priority should still be securing Qilin yet I don't think we should divert fighters from the super strong Fire Cult guy except for maybe Song Lingshu because I'd rather see her not dead.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I wish Brother Yu was here. We'd just give him a keg of wine and send him their way. He'd beat Amesha Spentas and fuck all the concubines. Twice. And maybe fuck Amesha Spentas after that, too. Then the girls would start comparing and would find the Fire Lord lacking. Then the Flaming Faggot would develop an inferiority complex and turn into a wreck in a matter of months. Flawless victory.

We'd have to sacrifice a bit of our harem for the greater good, but hey, bros before hos, right?

Kipeci, I belive we won't be fighting all three of Amesha Spentas by ourselves in C1. That's just impossible. What is the use of not diverting our fighters, then, if the Lord can easily receive reinforcements of equal strength?

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't understand your post too well. C1 implies that Jing is going to be more sneaky about things rather than looking for a head-on confrontation, and presumably any Ameshas distracted by Jing attempting to rescue Qilin despite that (ones that haven't rushed for the big fight, anyway) make the guys fighting the Fire Lord that much less screwed.

C1 only has two votes for it anyway, and your preferred option is in the lead, isn't it? What's the issue?

Nevill

Arcane
Why does it always have to be some issue?

I am trying to understand how you can be sneaky and distract someone - especially several people - by your own actions at the same time. Sneaking implies not getting noticed, while distraction implies otherwise.

I have no idea what would work best out of C1 and C2, so I am trying to ask you about what you perceive as C1's strong points.

Kipeci

Arcane
We're going to be sneaky at first and a distraction once we're inevitably noticed. I don't think we can sneak the entire way, though if we did that'd be nice for us if not the orthodox sect heads.

As for strong points, well, the orthodox guys seem like they need all the help they can get, so not taking their guys away from that fight seems like it'd improve the general chance of them winning the match.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, that is how I perceive C1 - waiting until Amesha Spentas move in to assist their Lord (they probably will have to act once Zhang arrives), that is assuming that our team can win at all, then moving in, grabbing Qilin and getting out.

C2 takes a more proactive approach and engages Amesha Spentas in a fight before they can do so on their own terms, while we are sneaking behind enemy lines.

In terms of pressure they put on our team, C choices appear roughly the same to me.

Kipeci

Arcane
I guess. It's apparent that my first instinct has been wrong somewhat often in recent times, though.

I flop to A.

Nevill

Arcane
Alright, but what are you trying to achieve with A?

Kill him? Or just beat him? He is currently using Qilin to force the orthodoxes to fight, but he can just as easily force them to stay their hand. Wuxung is unsure of what to do, and he is unwilling to risk Qilin's life both out of a concern for his public face and for personal reasons (really, is that the person Qilin's mother ditched Chi Tianxie for?). And if he is not killed and can retreat, well, there goes Qilin. Good luck fetching her while he is looking her way.

I'd say getting Qilin out of a crossfire would help the orthodoxes quite a bit in the current situation, and maybe even more than fighting him directly.

Besides, why do you think A would help them win more than C2 would?

It looks like this in A:
(Lord + 3 Amesha Spentas) vs. (Zhang? + Saint + 3 leaders + lesser fighters + Jing)

It looks like this in C2:
(Lord vs. Zhang? + Saint + 3 leaders) and (3 Amesha Spentas vs. lesser fighters + Jing)

Why is one more probable to help the orthodoxes than the other? If anything, the lesser fighters are less probable to die in C2.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't think A is better. There again, I thought that the past C was also better than A, and look where that almost got us! I'm going to step back from any discussion for now, I just want the two options to be relatively balanced when others decide.

edit: Why are you including Zhang in your tally? That just seems a little silly unless he actually bothers showing up.

Nevill

Arcane
That's a fair outlook. Balancing the votes stimulates the discuss, so it's all good.

You can include or exclude Zhang, it does not make a difference to the point I've brought up. I just think that defeating the Lord is impossible without him. 3 Greats participated in the previous battle, and none of them have returned yet. Currently, we have no Greats with us, safe for the Saint. If Zhang does not show up soon, things might turn for the worse.

I guess A might help us to hold out for a little longer... but then again, we can't win decisively if they hold Qilin hostage.

GreyViper

Prophet
C2.
This one looks like one of the important, hope it wont turn out like first reload.
You know the moment Fire lord had his drink would have been ideal for our slight of hand and laxatives. I dont supose Bai spiked the drinks?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom