Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
I don't really have any preference between these two options; they look like they'll both take us interesting places. I suppose Shaolin might be nice for the potential rep boost, and I wouldn't mind seeing Xuxian again, but we've got a lead sitting right here in front of us and we might bump into our friend with the axes over in Youxia City if we take that option.

I suppose I'll wait for people to start arguing for me to vote their way, if we don't end up with overwhelming consensus for one option or the other.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
THe argument is simple.
I suppose Shaolin might be nice for the potential rep boost
How do you propose to get a reputation boost?

Well... you could potentially offer them to bring Xuxian if they are still angry with him, but I'd rather not. He is a BRO material.

The main point of going to Shaolin is to steal their copy of the manual. I suppose you can go there just to say 'hi' and to maybe do some reputation fixing, but I doubt any amount of good deeds will bring you closer to your goal. What can you possibly do for them to share their forbidden technique that they deny ever having?

This is akin to going to Emei after the Qingcheng disaster.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'm rather curious what is Shun's relationship with the Bandit Kingdom, the Bandit King and Du Yao.
treave shed some light, if it's not too spoilerish

Rex Feral

Prophet
Seems like everyone is on the one way BAndwagon to Youxia City. I hope this means we get the update quicker.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Twenty!
Nevill
Azira
ERYFKRAD
Akkudakku
Kz3r0
Kipeci
Smashing Axe
Baltika9
Elfberserker
The Brazilian Slaughter
Esquilax
Jester
Kashmir Slippers
Fangshi
Rex Feral
Absinthe
Grimgravy
TOME
XenomorphII
Tigranes

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Lets just hope people dont get too butthurt about the vote and lead us to ruin via endless circular DISCUSS!

Again

Esquilax

Arcane
Well... you could potentially offer them to bring Xuxian if they are still angry with him, but I'd rather not. He is a BRO material.

I was suspicious of him after hearing Qi Liuwu's information, but it appears that you're completely right:

Before the commotion from his escape has subsided, soldiers begin shouting and scattering from the other side, and you hear cries of “I’m sorry! I really didn’t mean to do it! I’m sorry for hitting you too! Sorry! Please forgive me!” as Xuxian too blasts his way clear in a panic and jumps to safety, heading for the city walls.

What a sweetheart. The guy has an insane neigong technique that has made him tremendously powerful, yet his personality or his kind disposition haven't changed at all. I'd love to hear his side of the story about this manual, I don't think that:

“Ah, yes, of course you would have fought him,” nods Qi Liuwu. “He used to be a cook at the temple. One day he injured the Abbot and escaped from Shaolin. Apparently he learnt some of their techniques without permission.”

I wonder what the circumstances behind Xuxian finding the manual were, something is fishy about all of this. I'm certain that he didn't mean to harm the Abbot given how apologetic he was for hitting us in Tufan, where we were both in a martial arts tournament with kills allowed. There's definitely more to this, and I'd probably feel bad about trying to send him back to Shaolin. The people who took the manual from the constables, on the other hand, are far more dangerous than Xuxian.

Rex Feral

Prophet
We have 20 A's, we have a contrarian B, all we need now is treave to start writing on the update.

Esquilax

Arcane
We have 20 A's, we have a contrarian B, all we need now is treave to start writing on the update.

Uh, I think he's got other shit to do. I'm pretty sure he doesn't do this for a living. :lol:

I'm just happy we finally had our first (almost) unanimous vote in ages.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, if we hadn't stayed with Qi Liuwu to practice the Dragon Palms, would we have gotten a chance to train with the Constables before leaving?
Can we Kickstarter treave to quit his job, then?
At this point he can just quit his job, write up a P&P RPG of this setting and continue through his whole life just releasing expansions and campaigns for it.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I was suspicious of him after hearing Qi Liuwu's information, but it appears that you're completely right:

What a sweetheart. The guy has an insane neigong technique that has made him tremendously powerful, yet his personality or his kind disposition haven't changed at all. I'd love to hear his side of the story about this manual, I don't think that:

I wonder what the circumstances behind Xuxian finding the manual were, something is fishy about all of this. I'm certain that he didn't mean to harm the Abbot given how apologetic he was for hitting us in Tufan, where we were both in a martial arts tournament with kills allowed. There's definitely more to this, and I'd probably feel bad about trying to send him back to Shaolin. The people who took the manual from the constables, on the other hand, are far more dangerous than Xuxian.
He might have similar luck to Jing and just be jinxed :D

Tribute

Arbiter

He might have similar luck to Jing and just be jinxed :D
So if they start hanging around each other will their bad luck cancel each other's out, or will it just get twice as bad?

Tribute

Arbiter
So what you're telling me is they're going to go sightseeing and leave a completely accidental swathe of terror and destruction across China?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
So what you're telling me is they're going to go sightseeing and leave a completely accidental swathe of terror and destruction across China?
Glorious isn't it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom